Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Other Boards Ľ Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: [WAR 9] Shizen no Senshi: Spirit Guardian Samurai

Sorry I didn't get a writing entry in this week. It was the last week of college, so I was busy packing up to get home. ^^' I did have an idea... but it didn't really stick. It was kind of a wierd pseudo-Kid Icarus fan-fic mixed with real Greek Mythology. Maybe some day I'll fix it up. ^^'

Are we having another week of WAR?

Old 07-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

@C009: Probably not. Activity wasn't really high.

And, well, I wasn't able to enter anything this week. Sorry, guys. ^^;

|thedynamicduo|
Old 07-27-2010, 03:26 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

I know I won two points in music, but I've been no help besides that, and I apologize for it. I have been too busy searching for a full-time job to dedicate myself to something like writing a high-caliber story, but I did manage to acquire employment at a decent full-time job at least.

So, I'm sorry that I couldn't contribute more. Now that I'm settled into employment, are there any events still going on?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:30 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maple Syrup Baptist View Post
I know I won two points in music, but I've been no help besides that, and I apologize for it. I have been too busy searching for a full-time job to dedicate myself to something like writing a high-caliber story, but I did manage to acquire employment at a decent full-time job at least.

So, I'm sorry that I couldn't contribute more. Now that I'm settled into employment, are there any events still going on?
Hey, those two points helped out a lot. And you obviously accomplished more than me if you able to get a job. I'm still working on that. =P

I'm pretty sure the events are over.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

@ Mitch: The points are really coming close, so those two points could have allowed us to win. You never know. ;3 And I've been active all four weeks (mostly, anyway), and I only got two points total, too. Every little bit counts towards the overall score. Even better that you got a job. Congrats! That in and of itself is quite a feat nowadays.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:25 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Hey, those two points helped out a lot. And you obviously accomplished more than me if you able to get a job. I'm still working on that. =P

I'm pretty sure the events are over.
Thank you, I'm glad they did help. I've never done music for anyone other than myself but helping a greater cause with some natural inspiration was really satisfying. :3

As for work, I'm sure when the right job comes along, you'll own it. This one I got is a 5 minute walk from where I live, so I made a huge effort to impress and I guess it paid off. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
@ Mitch: The points are really coming close, so those two points could have allowed us to win. You never know. ;3 And I've been active all four weeks (mostly, anyway), and I only got two points total, too. Every little bit counts towards the overall score. Even better that you got a job. Congrats! That in and of itself is quite a feat nowadays.
Hehe, thanks. I didn't really think of it that way but it makes me feel more proud of it, even being for a one-off event. Considering I've been playing guitar around 7 years and writing for about 4, it was kinda lucky an event like music was available, but nonetheless it's good to help a cause. Your 2 points were more earned than mine, I feel; still good that it's 4 more for the team between us! The job is a call center job, good pay, inbound, and kinda boring, but the real attraction is that it's a 5 minute walk from my home. LET'S HOPE I CAN KEEP IT!

Anyways, if the events are all finished, congrats to everyone, whether you earned points or not! Everyone did SOMETHING and tried their best, very commendable. =)
Old 07-27-2010, 05:26 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Without a doubt, this was an awesome War and I love how well this team worked together. You guys are all awesome, even the people that didnít earn any points.

I have to say, what a difference. Most people thought there wasnít going to be a War this year (I know I was one of those people that felt the situation looked a little bleak). And just when everyone thought it was dead, long and behold, we end up having one of the best Wars weíve had in a while. And I do have to commend Scott with that, he really did a decent job picking up the beat-up remnants of the War and turned it into something great. The three team format worked incredibly well, the free draft system worked great, and everything came together seamlessly and really made for a close and exciting War. Honestly, I canít remember the last time we had a War this good, and Iíve been in every one of them since the second one.

Still, we need more events like the War. Iíve seen activity around the forum spike up quite a bit since the War came into action, and it would be a shame to see it dip down again now that its coming to a close.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Without a doubt, this was an awesome War and I love how well this team worked together. You guys are all awesome, even the people that didnít earn any points.

I have to say, what a difference. Most people thought there wasnít going to be a War this year (I know I was one of those people that felt the situation looked a little bleak). And just when everyone thought it was dead, long and behold, we end up having one of the best Wars weíve had in a while. And I do have to commend Scott with that, he really did a decent job picking up the beat-up remnants of the War and turned it into something great. The three team format worked incredibly well, the free draft system worked great, and everything came together seamlessly and really made for a close and exciting War. Honestly, I canít remember the last time we had a War this good, and Iíve been in every one of them since the second one.

Still, we need more events like the War. Iíve seen activity around the forum spike up quite a bit since the War came into action, and it would be a shame to see it dip down again now that its coming to a close.
Yeah, this is only my third, but I've had more fun this year than I've ever had before, even with everything that's been going on with my dad. ^^; I really hope we either keep the set up for next year like this or come up with something new to make it even better. It looks like trying something new and getting people out of their comfort zones really did the trick to spice up this War. =3

Old 07-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R

Quote:
First Place: With 36 points, led by The One Pikachu, Shizen no Senshi. Winners of Scoring and tying with Judge Points.
Check it out, guys! =D

Also, even though this is the 2nd WAR I took part in, I really thought this was fun. ^..^ Missing the first few days of the WAR was okay with me now, since the rest was awesome after that. =]
Quote:
It looks like trying something new and getting people out of their comfort zones really did the trick to spice up this War. =3
Yeah, it looks like it. =D
Old 07-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

This was definitely an awesome War.

But from the looks of things, it looks like we tied with Automations though. Whatever though, it was fun.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:25 PM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

I'm sorry I was a hermit crab during this :X
At least I know what to expect with the next WAR.

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 07-28-2010, 12:45 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

I had tons of fun despite practically missing the first and last week. I loved our team and I loved that we all worked together to make it what it was. ^^
I can't wait till next year!! x3 Maybe some things will come up that will keep us driven through till then.

Congradulations to everyone!!! =D
Old 07-28-2010, 01:31 AM
MYSTRY MEW Offline

Send a message via AIM to MYSTRY MEW Send a message via Yahoo to MYSTRY MEW

Just my 2 cents on the music category:
I think next year, one week should be devoted to creating music, the other should be musical talent. (Ie: Sing a showtune, play an overture, etc)

3566-7998-7363TradesVPPClaimsURPGLinks3137-2783-9061
Old 07-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Dang, I'm sad that it's over... u.u

But hey! Thanks for letting me be on the team! (even though I didn't win us anything xD) A very nice experience for my first WAR. This was way fun! I agree with Neo: we should have more events like this! :D