Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:45 AM
pman Offline

Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

The ardor really remind me of less powerful daleks
Metagross @282
Mastered @447
Old 06-30-2010, 04:25 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

We really need to make more conflict. It seems like all of the fighting is because the samurai hate everyone, which would be fine if there wasn't three teams. Robots and mages need more conflict, both with each other and for hatred against the samurai (that doesn't include YOU KILLED MY DADDY!)

Robot - Samurai: While the samurai think that the robots need to be liberated 'n junk, the robots have a hatred towards the ones that are abusing their technology to power their swords. The power cells could also be extremely rare and difficult to make, so they would have to steal them from the swords to heal others / make new robots. Or could want to build more factories to build / fix brethren and become completely autonomous.

Mages - Robot: As opposed to just wanting to study them, the mages could marvel at the potential of the power cores. If the samurai can use them to power their swords, why couldn't they be used to strengthen magical enterprises? Past that, the robots wanting to build factories on their lands could be sapping away magical hot spots, thus taking away the power that the mages hold so dear.

Mage - Samurai: While the samurai think that the mages use of the environment 'n junk is evil, the mages could hate the samurai for wanting to preserve it. There is more power, to these mages (not dabbling in nature magic, of course), to take the magic straight form its most powerful source: the world. Also, the mages could want to take the power source straight from the samurai's weapon in the hopes of having the source still hold some of the power that the spirit link gave it to add the powers of the samurai to their own impressive abilities.

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 06-30-2010, 04:32 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
Mages - Robot: As opposed to just wanting to study them, the mages could marvel at the potential of the power cores. If the samurai can use them to power their swords, why couldn't they be used to strengthen magical enterprises?
Already doing this one tyvm.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 06-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Is the first week just sign up submissions and the second week will be actual RPing, or can we start as soon as we're accepted?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

So is it possible for a character to create a robot character that is able to breath fire?

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
So is it possible for a character to create a robot character that is able to breath fire?
You would probably have to give it some kind of mouth based projectile weapon, and then upgrade it with flame capabilities when it reaches level 2.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Giratina Offline

So!

I was thinking about the post Neo Pika made in the Ain Soph thread, and how he regarded potential plot deviations as a perfectly okay way of continuing the roleplay but also a major god-mod danger. So I was thinking that if someone ended up having an idea for a plot twist, they would be able to contact one of a few designated officials - maybe the team leaders? - and get a verdict on it that way.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 07-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Tiana_M Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Tiana_M Send a message via MSN to Tiana_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
So!

I was thinking about the post Neo Pika made in the Ain Soph thread, and how he regarded potential plot deviations as a perfectly okay way of continuing the roleplay but also a major god-mod danger. So I was thinking that if someone ended up having an idea for a plot twist, they would be able to contact one of a few designated officials - maybe the team leaders? - and get a verdict on it that way.
Well, the potential problem there is, if people are waiting to hear back on whether or not their RP plot twists would be ok or not, the others may post before it can get approved and by the time it is, perhaps it would not be as viable an option, and the chance to use it would have passed.

Thank you Neo!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Giratina Offline

Perhaps, but if it weren't mandatory then people who are unsure of their ideas can take a War mod up on it and the chances of a totally lame plot idea decrease. Besides, a plot idea can always be modified to fit wherever the plotline is.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 07-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon

Sheesh. Lots to catch-up on. Okay...
Quote:
We really need to make more conflict. It seems like all of the fighting is because the samurai hate everyone, which would be fine if there wasn't three teams. Robots and mages need more conflict, both with each other and for hatred against the samurai (that doesn't include YOU KILLED MY DADDY!)

Robot - Samurai: While the samurai think that the robots need to be liberated 'n junk, the robots have a hatred towards the ones that are abusing their technology to power their swords. The power cells could also be extremely rare and difficult to make, so they would have to steal them from the swords to heal others / make new robots. Or could want to build more factories to build / fix brethren and become completely autonomous.

Mages - Robot: As opposed to just wanting to study them, the mages could marvel at the potential of the power cores. If the samurai can use them to power their swords, why couldn't they be used to strengthen magical enterprises? Past that, the robots wanting to build factories on their lands could be sapping away magical hot spots, thus taking away the power that the mages hold so dear.

Mage - Samurai: While the samurai think that the mages use of the environment 'n junk is evil, the mages could hate the samurai for wanting to preserve it. There is more power, to these mages (not dabbling in nature magic, of course), to take the magic straight form its most powerful source: the world. Also, the mages could want to take the power source straight from the samurai's weapon in the hopes of having the source still hold some of the power that the spirit link gave it to add the powers of the samurai to their own impressive abilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Already doing this one tyvm.
I'm good with all of these, really. Perhaps I'll concoct some specific historical incidents to reflect these things. Though, heck, if anyone else wants to give it go, then feel free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Is the first week just sign up submissions and the second week will be actual RPing, or can we start as soon as we're accepted?
Yeah, you can RP as soon as you're approved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57 View Post
You would probably have to give it some kind of mouth based projectile weapon, and then upgrade it with flame capabilities when it reaches level 2.
What he said.
Quote:
So!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiana_M View Post
Well, the potential problem there is, if people are waiting to hear back on whether or not their RP plot twists would be ok or not, the others may post before it can get approved and by the time it is, perhaps it would not be as viable an option, and the chance to use it would have passed.
Quote:
Perhaps, but if it weren't mandatory then people who are unsure of their ideas can take a War mod up on it and the chances of a totally lame plot idea decrease. Besides, a plot idea can always be modified to fit wherever the plotline is.
Let's make a new rule: if you have an idea for a big plot twist or perhaps just some addition to the general plotline, make a post in this and tell everyone. I don't wanna be the sole person to decide everything, because it's everyone's story, really. I just made a foundation.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:44 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

I'm also happy to talk to anyone on AIM (obviously whenever I'm on) if they have an idea. If you're unsure of whether you want to post it or not, just ask me and we can work out the details. I'd love to help out and get things sparked ^^.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:50 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
I'm also happy to talk to anyone on AIM (obviously whenever I'm on) if they have an idea. If you're unsure of whether you want to post it or not, just ask me and we can work out the details. I'd love to help out and get things sparked ^^.
Yeah, that's fine, too. If you prefer feel free to consult either Scott or myself, first. We're both on AIM pretty often.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:01 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post

Yeah, that's fine, too. If you prefer feel free to consult either Scott or myself, first. We're both on AIM pretty often.
Me first, because I'm 10 degrees cooler.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear

Quote:
Me first, because I'm 10 degrees cooler.
You first, because it's more polite that way. BUT THEN AGAIN, WHY AM I WORRIED ABOUT BEING POLITE?

YEAH. DON'T CONSULT SCOTT, FIRST. HE HAS BAD BREATH.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Tiana_M Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Tiana_M Send a message via MSN to Tiana_M

You've said that we're in a medieval kind of setting, but we do have robots, do we also have electric lighting yet or are we still dealing with torches, candles, and fire in general? do they also have running water in general?

Thank you Neo!