Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Interactive Boards Ľ Role Play Ľ Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 07-06-2010, 03:56 AM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Iíll admit, I goofed the post, if I knew it would have caused this kind of ruckus, I would have been more careful about it. Iíll be honest, itís a bit hard trying to follow everyoneís posts while weíre all in Vandyce. For a moment, I thought Lus was actually using that earthquake attack on the grain warehouse and had actually started writing up a response to that until I suddenly realized there was no way the grain house could be the same ďfour story structureĒ that Lus described in his post. Iíll admit, I read his post three times over to make sure I wasnít suddenly ignoring him as well. As for accidently skipping Alanaís post, I caught the part where she noticed Laoís Starraptor, but I must have accidently skipped the part where she set the fire and I didnít think anything of it until Scott and Alana brought it to my attention. In a quick rush to edit the post, the whole thing got even more goofed up.

All the while, I thought Gertrude was one of her NPCs, and that when I read Emmaís post, I thought Rena was one of her NPCs and me, being a bit too hasty, thought they were referring to extra NPCs they had by their side when actually they were referring to each other. And youíre right about the whole part about me wrongfully assuming they were from Automations. Even though Alanaís character is somewhat robotic, Emmaís character definitely isnít, so yeah, I should have checked that too. Again, its not a matter of intentionally trying to ignore people, I was just too hasty and I skimmed other peopleís posts when I should have read them a bit more closely.

All in all, I think continuing the ďRPers Affected:Ē idea would actually help prevent something like this in the future. So maybeÖ it would be a good idea if Galleon made that a requirement from now on. Especially with everyone currently close knit in the same little town.

Anyway, accidents happen, Iíll give Emma and Alana the fight theyíve been asking for. ButÖ Iím not going to make it easy on them. Hope you ladies are ready. >:D

If the post is alright now, letís just save this little moment for the bloopers reel and just keep going. But if a few more edits are needed, Iíll gladly make them. No harm done. No worries, Hakuna Matata.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:06 AM
Dr Scott's Avatar
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Behind you.
Posts: 6,277
Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Anyway, accidents happen, Iíll give Emma and Alana the fight theyíve been asking for. ButÖ Iím not going to make it easy on them. Hope you ladies are ready. >:D
They bunnied each other a bit to get the strike against you perfect XD.

At any rate. It's about damn time you start sounding / posting like yourself!
__________________

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:10 AM
EmBreon's Avatar
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: <insert funny>
Posts: 4,492
Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Whoa...

Agh, you don't have to fight us Neo. In fact, I don't want you to fight us if you're that set against it. The whole thing was really just a plan to bring more amusement to you. We weren't thinking "Hey, let's go sabotage Neo and kill his character for lulz." I actually went into it expecting you to destroy us; we had a back-up escaping plan prepared. :P Our characters aren't supreme overlords of the RP.

N' hey, go ahead and retreat. It's not a big deal at all, honest. It was just kinda depressing to see your response seemingly blow off our set-up and focus entirely on your side-plot.
__________________

Last edited by EmBreon; 07-06-2010 at 04:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:13 AM
Galleon's Avatar
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shenanigansville
Posts: 1,306
Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
All in all, I think continuing the “RPers Affected:” idea would actually help prevent something like this in the future. So maybe… it would be a good idea if Galleon made that a requirement from now on. Especially with everyone currently close knit in the same little town.
Yeah, I think so, too. I'll go ahead and add it to the first post.

And good. Glad we've come to an understanding.
__________________
MEH.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:24 AM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Scott View Post
They bunnied each other a bit to get the strike against you perfect XD.

At any rate. It's about damn time you start sounding / posting like yourself!
I think it was the part where they bunnied each other that kind of threw me off, so I thought "hey, those must be extra NPCs."

Oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmBreon View Post
Whoa...

Agh, you don't have to fight us Neo. In fact, I don't want you to fight us if you're that set against it. The whole thing was really just a plan to bring more amusement to you. We weren't thinking "Hey, let's go sabotage Neo and kill his character for lulz." I actually went into it expecting you to destroy us; we had a back-up escaping plan prepared. :P Our characters aren't supreme overlords of the RP.

N' hey, go ahead and retreat. It's not a big deal at all, honest. It was just kinda depressing to see your response seemingly blow off our set-up and focus entirely on your side-plot.
I can push aside the side-plot for later, I guess I got a little too caught up in it and I think that's where I got hasty and a little reckless. And if you two went through all that trouble, it would seem a little unfair and out of place if we didn't make like two rams and lock horns.

Plus, I want Lusankya to eat his words and get indigestion, so let's have it. >:D
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 07-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Alana Marie's Avatar
Alana Marie Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,431
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
stuff
YAY VIOLENCE!

Emma's right... we were both planning to fail if we battled you since Emma is new to RPing and I'm not a very strong RPer at all. ^^; We just wanted you to come and play with us isntead of playing with your imaginery friends (NPCs).

AND NOW WE'RE ALL FRIENDS, GROUP HUG? *shot* K, I'll go hug myself in a corner then. x3
__________________
Wat.

Last edited by Lusankya; 07-06-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 07-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie View Post
YAY VIOLENCE!

Emma's right... we were both planning to fail if we battled you since Emma is new to RPing and I'm not a very strong RPer at all. ^^; We just wanted you to come and play with us isntead of playing with your imaginery friends (NCPs).

AND NOW WE'RE ALL FRIENDS, GROUP HUG? *shot* K, I'll go hug myself in a corner then. x3
Why do that though? Admitting defeat after a rough fight is understandable, but this is just silly. Either way, it doesn't really matter how new you two are, both of you strike me as being exceptional RPers. I don't see why you would start a fight you intend to lose, unless the whole reason was to interrupt what I was doing.

Please, if you really want to do this fight, could we at least let it have substance behind it?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 07-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Charizard Michelle's Avatar
Charizard Michelle Offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Back in Green~
Posts: 10,046
Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana Marie View Post
YAY VIOLENCE!

Emma's right... we were both planning to fail if we battled you since Emma is new to RPing and I'm not a very strong RPer at all. ^^; We just wanted you to come and play with us isntead of playing with your imaginery friends (NPCs).

AND NOW WE'RE ALL FRIENDS, GROUP HUG? *shot* K, I'll go hug myself in a corner then. x3
Don't be dissing our imaginary friends! They are fun! And imaginary! Haven't you see Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends? Good stuff...

*hugs!* Mikey gives hugs!
__________________
www.pokemonelite2000.com-One Piece at a Time Blog

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Alana Marie's Avatar
Alana Marie Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,431
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Why do that though? Admitting defeat after a rough fight is understandable, but this is just silly. Either way, it doesn't really matter how new you two are, both of you strike me as being exceptional RPers. I don't see why you would start a fight you intend to lose, unless the whole reason was to interrupt what I was doing.

Please, if you really want to do this fight, could we at least let it have substance behind it?
Oh, I want to fight. >:3 I rarely get any action in WAR RP's and now that there is an open chance I am more than willing to take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle
Don't be dissing our imaginary friends! They are fun! And imaginary! Haven't you see Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends? Good stuff...

*hugs!* Mikey gives hugs!
I loved that show, actually. xP Cheese was my favorite.

And *hugs* Success! :P
__________________
Wat.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
EmBreon's Avatar
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: <insert funny>
Posts: 4,492
Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Why do that though? Admitting defeat after a rough fight is understandable, but this is just silly. Either way, it doesn't really matter how new you two are, both of you strike me as being exceptional RPers. I don't see why you would start a fight you intend to lose, unless the whole reason was to interrupt what I was doing.

Please, if you really want to do this fight, could we at least let it have substance behind it?
Dude, have you been reading our posts? Both here and the actual RP? Like actually read them? We didn't go into it intending to lose, that's retarded and makes absolutely no sense. We were just expecting you to put up an extremely tough fight considering all the effort you put into that particular location, and should things go sour, we had all our bases covered so we could get out of there.

We saw what everyone was doing in the RP: participating in the actual plot that's raging around the city right now, whereas your character was sitting in a warehouse building up this side plot all by his lonesome. We wanted to attack you before you built up some crazy progress, and bring you back into the RP. So, we used Scott and DE as a means to locate your warehouse, under the assumption that you guys were behind what's been going on because your characters were being all secretive; we then set up an attack and planned it out logically so we could battle you.

We're not just throwing crap up and calling it role-play; it was a tactical plan to bring you down. And your attitude about this is really starting to get a little irritating. Don't fight us if you don't want to fight us, it wasn't entirely about actually getting to combat with you; that was just an extra bonus we assumed you would join in on. If your character wants to run away, then by all means, go for it. But at least RP it out in a way that makes sense with what we've written. It was obvious you weren't really paying much attention to anyone's posts but yours.

Accidents happen, that's fine. Just please stop getting angry at us for playing the game. It's discouraging and makes me not want to participate. We thought it would be a win-win situation for everyone, because we'd both get battle EXP and you'd be more involved in the plot that everyone else is participating in.

But please, by all means, feel free to escape. This is everyone's story, and if you'd rather fly off to another city and continue your side-plot, go for it, dude. All Galleon made you do was go back to where your character was so you could fix all the inconsistency in your post.

And sorry if I'm sounding rude, but eh... if I knew this was going to happen, I would never have gone through with it. I was just trying to create some more amusement for everyone.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 07-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmBreon View Post
Dude, have you been reading our posts? Both here and the actual RP? Like actually read them? We didn't go into it intending to lose, that's retarded and makes absolutely no sense. We were just expecting you to put up an extremely tough fight considering all the effort you put into that particular location, and should things go sour, we had all our bases covered so we could get out of there.

We saw what everyone was doing in the RP: participating in the actual plot that's raging around the city right now, whereas your character was sitting in a warehouse building up this side plot all by his lonesome. We wanted to attack you before you built up some crazy progress, and bring you back into the RP. So, we used Scott and DE as a means to locate your warehouse, under the assumption that you guys were behind what's been going on because your characters were being all secretive; we then set up an attack and planned it out logically so we could battle you.

We're not just throwing crap up and calling it role-play; it was a tactical plan to bring you down. And your attitude about this is really starting to get a little irritating. Don't fight us if you don't want to fight us, it wasn't entirely about actually getting to combat with you; that was just an extra bonus we assumed you would join in on. If your character wants to run away, then by all means, go for it. But at least RP it out in a way that makes sense with what we've written. It was obvious you weren't really paying much attention to anyone's posts but yours.

Accidents happen, that's fine. Just please stop getting angry at us for playing the game. It's discouraging and makes me not want to participate. We thought it would be a win-win situation for everyone, because we'd both get battle EXP and you'd be more involved in the plot that everyone else is participating in.

But please, by all means, feel free to escape. This is everyone's story, and if you'd rather fly off to another city and continue your side-plot, go for it, dude. All Galleon made you do was go back to where your character was so you could fix all the inconsistency in your post.

And sorry if I'm sounding rude, but eh... if I knew this was going to happen, I would never have gone through with it. I was just trying to create some more amusement for everyone.
Emma, this is silly. The drama of this whole thing is getting really overblown and I was kind of hoping this whole issue had died already. Weíre arguing over whatÖ an internet forumís role play? This is nothing to get irritated about.

Iím not angry with anyone. Alana made it sound like you guys were simply goofing off for funís sake and ďfor amusement.Ē Now, it seems like your mood has swung in the opposite direction and yeah, Iím not really sure what to say about all of it. I noticed youíve been RPing your character in a comical sort of way, so hey, anyone could have thought that if the other personís partner worded it that way.

Yes, my original plan was to get out of there. Truth be told, your intrusion got me side-tracked. Right now, Vandyce seems like itís a game of Super Smash Brothers Brawl with thirty people playing on the screen at once. Since Vandyce isnít the only city on the map, I thought I would just get out of Vandyce, ďcompose myselfĒ as Scott had said, and once that was done, develop mechanics and background to put into the RP rather than continue with the antics in Vandyce. Your infiltration of the warehouse seemed like a good reason for my character to believe it was an assassination attempt on his life, so he would get out of there. Iíll be honest, I was thinking of leaving Vandyce even before you and Alana had arrived. In fact, I had a half-written post ready to go, and then all this happened.

And another thing is Iím honestly more in it for the storyline development than the EXP. If thatís the only reason why everyoneís fighting right now, thatís also really silly and Iíll honestly say that Iím surprised at everyone. To me, the EXP factor is secondary to everything else, but Iím alright with everyone having different opinions about that. But resorting to random battles just isnít my cup of tea. In previous War and Team RPs, it sometimes took many pages before the first, real battle broke out.

So yeah, Iím willing to shove aside the fact I originally wanted to get out of Vandyce. Yes, Galleon was right, you two did go through some effort to get to me, and sure, even though I could have potentially ran off, agreeing to engage in the fight would have been a bit more considerate, yes. Realizing this and putting it into consideration is what made me change my mind. Even though I would have liked to get out of Vandyce, letís push that matter aside. That can wait until later.

So, Iíd like to leave it up to you. If you want to continue this little fight, Iím fine with that and Iíll RP it out until the end. But, if youíd rather not, thatís fine with me too, its your choice. Forget about what I was trying to do before, that doesnít really matter at the moment.

But please, letís put aside the drama. Its just silly.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Lusankya's Avatar
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Alana made it sound like you guys were simply goofing off for funís sake and ďfor amusement.Ē
She does that.

And I don't know, I'm battling because it's fun, not for the XP, though that's an added bonus of course.
__________________

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 07-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Charizard Michelle's Avatar
Charizard Michelle Offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Back in Green~
Posts: 10,046
Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

I don't know what I am doing and just going with the follow of the things. Exp? Meh...sounds boring. Screw the rules because I have mon-wait...nevermind...I don't have money....
__________________
www.pokemonelite2000.com-One Piece at a Time Blog

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 07-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Galleon's Avatar
Galleon Offline
Chocolate Bear
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shenanigansville
Posts: 1,306
Send a message via AIM to Galleon Send a message via Yahoo to Galleon
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Neo, I'd appreciate it if you didn't call it all "silly drama" when it's obvious that you've made mistakes and upset people as a result. It'd be nice if you could just apologize. THEN we could move on. Ever consider that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
I don't know what I am doing and just going with the follow of the things. Exp? Meh...sounds boring. Screw the rules because I have mon-wait...nevermind...I don't have money....
Screw the rules and they'll screw you back.
__________________
MEH.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 07-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: War IX RP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
I don't know what I am doing and just going with the follow of the things. Exp? Meh...sounds boring. Screw the rules because I have mon-wait...nevermind...I don't have money....
Mikey, you've made your point, just let it rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galleon View Post
Neo, I'd appreciate it if you didn't call it all "silly drama" when it's obvious that you've made mistakes and upset people as a result. It'd be nice if you could just apologize. THEN we could move on. Ever consider that?
Yeah, you're right, I did make mistakes but I didn't think it would get to the point of upsetting people. Never intended for that to happen.

Sorry about that, whoever I affected, I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen a second time.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com