Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 02:22 AM
shinyshuckle Offline

Default Re: The Laughing Man's Society: Jade Edition : At War with TDL ,War Match Ups posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
im back , what's up guys
Not much, I figured out my mixed attacker for NU :P

"Blak Angus"
Brave
31/31/31/31/31/0
252 Atk/252 Sp atk/ 4 HP
EQ
Stone Edge
Overheat
Explosion

Pokemon White FC:1979-0607-6887
Old 08-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: The Laughing Man's Society: Jade Edition : At War with TDL ,War Match Ups posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyshuckle View Post
Not much, I figured out my mixed attacker for NU :P

"Blak Angus"
Brave
31/31/31/31/31/0
252 Atk/252 Sp atk/ 4 HP
EQ
Stone Edge
Overheat
Explosion
weres the tr set with eruption

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 08-05-2010, 02:26 AM
rasta_rude_boy420 Offline

Send a message via AIM to rasta_rude_boy420

Quote:
I don't RNG, but what is it?
a Quiet Dratini :D for mixed sweeping in trick room.

Name: RuDE
FC for Diamond: 5327 8686 4592
FC for Platinum: Got Jacked :[
FC for Heart Gold: 5027 6970 5395

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMkCtlaNFn8
Old 08-05-2010, 02:27 AM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
weres the tr set with eruption
Overheat is only ten BP less powerful and I think five points less accurate... but the point is Camerupt is ripping up the opposing team so that Clamperl can sweep. Also if SR is up or Camerupt takes any residual damage Eruption's power is dropped.

EDIT: Rasta... probably not... expecially if its made for mixed sweeping... although I would really reconsider Dragonite for TR sweeping... Mainly for four reasons... 1) Ice shard's priority negates TR 2) Dragonites counters are already slower then it so D-nite doesn't really benefit from being faster via TR except being a mixed attacker. Last two are based on assumptions 3) If its all special D-nite has a rather lack luster special attack 4) If mixed, Dragonite is NOT Mence, it doesn't have the same stats and its not as dangerous... Its attack with quiet is too low without the boost that DD provides to do a scary amount of damage and if you're just using quiet for Draco Meteor your missing out on TR turns caused by switching to refresh your special attack... D-nite to me is best used as a bulky DDer or a support poke, TR doesn't really fit the mold. My suggestion is looking at successful TR pokes. I'll give my examples in my next post if necessary... this is getting too long xD

Last edited by shinyshuckle; 08-05-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Overheat is only ten BP less powerful and I think five points less accurate... but the point is Camerupt is ripping up the opposing team so that Clamperl can sweep. Also if SR is up or Camerupt takes any residual damage Eruption's power is dropped.

EDIT: Rasta... probably not... expecially if its made for mixed sweeping... although I would really reconsider Dragonite for TR sweeping... Mainly for four reasons... 1) Ice shard's priority negates TR 2) Dragonites counters are already slower then it so D-nite doesn't really benefit from being faster via TR except being a mixed attacker. Last two are based on assumptions 3) If its all special D-nite has a rather lack luster special attack 4) If mixed, Dragonite is NOT Mence, it doesn't have the same stats and its not as dangerous... Its attack with quiet is too low without the boost that DD provides to do a scary amount of damage and if you're just using quiet for Draco Meteor your missing out on TR turns caused by switching to refresh your special attack... D-nite to me is best used as a bulky DDer or a support poke, TR doesn't really fit the mold. My suggestion is looking at successful TR pokes. I'll give my examples in my next post if necessary... this is getting too long xD
I've actually been testing it out on shoddy tho

252 atk/252 special atk/4 def
Quiet @ Lifeorb

Earthquake
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
DracoMeter

And I've sweeped teams lol. 0 IV in SPD.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:44 AM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta_rude_boy420 View Post

Quiet @ Lifeorb

Earthquake
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
DracoMeter

How much does EQ do to Blissey?

Old 08-05-2010, 02:46 AM

Quote:
How much does EQ do to Blissey?
I usually switch out to Breloom. which is brave as well.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:47 AM
lu1z Offline

Quote:

Quiet @ Lifeorb

Earthquake
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
DracoMeter

Why Flamethrower, why not FireBlast? Also use SuperPower instead of ThunderBolt or else Blissey can just stall TR with SoftBoiled.

SoulSilver FC: 4855 9106 7336
SSBB FC: 0560 80166451
PBR FC: 3309 5845 4737
Old 08-05-2010, 02:51 AM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
I usually switch out to Breloom. which is brave as well.
But the point is that you wasted 1/3 of the turns that you can sweep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu1z View Post
Why Flamethrower, why not FireBlast? Also use SuperPower instead of ThunderBolt or else Blissey can just stall TR with SoftBoiled.
Agreed, although even standard WishBliss will stall out with Protect... actually... Ice beam blissey can kill you anyway... and kill Breloom on the switch... You can't underspeed standard Blissey with D-nite...

Old 08-05-2010, 02:56 AM
lu1z Offline

Quote:
But the point is that you wasted 1/3 of the turns that you can sweep...

Agreed, although even standard WishBliss will stall out with Protect... actually... Ice beam blissey can kill you anyway... and kill Breloom on the switch... You can't underspeed standard Blissey with D-nite...
Yeah or it can also hit Breloom with a Flamethrower.

And i think Breloom isnt a good Pokemon for TR, why dont you try another Fighting type or change it for another Pokemon. You could use ChoiceBand Rhyperior, StoneEdge can destroy anything that doesnt resist it. Or if you dont like beign locked in a move you could use SwordDance.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:00 AM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lu1z View Post
Yeah or it can also hit Breloom with a Flamethrower.

And i think Breloom isnt a good Pokemon for TR, why dont you try another Fighting type or change it for another Pokemon. You could use ChoiceBand Rhyperior, StoneEdge can destroy anything that doesnt resist it. Or if you dont like beign locked in a move you could use SwordDance.
Actually Breloom is a great poke for TR if you utilize it right... it turns that small list of things you could set up on... slower then 237... to a huge list of things things faster then 130 (which I can think of maybe 3 pokes in OU who fall under that)... and Breloom is that poke that just needs to set up and after that its speed doesn't matter

Old 08-05-2010, 03:00 AM

Thats why I have slowking as well wit nasty plot.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:05 AM
lu1z Offline

Quote:
Actually Breloom is a great poke for TR if you utilize it right... it turns that small list of things you could set up on... slower then 237... to a huge list of things things faster then 130 (which I can think of maybe 3 pokes in OU who fall under that)... and Breloom is that poke that just needs to set up and after that its speed doesn't matter
Yeah but also if your opponent uses Breloom and you dont have TrickRoom up it can get very ugly for you. I mean he can set up in the face of every guy in your team because they are slower and procced to do the SubPunch strategy. I have destroyed TrickRooms teams with just Breloom.

But maybe i dont know how good it is in TR because i have never used it.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:06 AM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
Thats why I have slowking as well wit nasty plot.
Just saying WishBliss (the standard set) runs Toxic... even if the Blissey switchs in on your first Nasty plot and Toxic's on the second... you'll have a hard time when it Wishes on the third turn, even if you attack... it can stall you out then... even with the three nasty plots...

EDIT: @ Lu1z... Breloom v Breloom usually ends up who gets set up first or who has a hardcore Breloom check in their team... Rasta's D-nite could take hits fairly successfully from a breloom... although the breloom can sub up/down...

Old 08-05-2010, 03:07 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:

ok i was just kinda joking

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Closed Thread