Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless
Default Pokemon Elite 2000 versus PokeBeach III?

These two forums have gone to battle twice in the past couple of years. While the playing field may have been slightly advantageous to PokeBeach in the last war, a large number of PokeBeach greats have left or retired. For this reason, us at PokeBeach wanted to know whether or not you guys would want to have a forum war. We believe that the playing fields would be fairly equal.

Additionally, to make this tournament fair, we would like to enforce a rule that only people who have established themselves within their own respective forum may join. This will reduce the number of recruiting of people from other forums.

I know we need mod permission here on Pe2k, but I wanted to get some feedback before I went along and asked them.

Lastly, I will be playing for PokeBeach, most likely. Even though Pe2k was my first forum, I've placed more time into PokeBeach.
Smogon tutor.
Winner of the Smogon Battling 101 Tournament.
Winner of an official PokeBeach tournament.
Highest UU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 2.
Highest OU ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 3.
Highest Suspect ranking on the Smogon Ladder -- 1.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:27 AM
dragonace373 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Pokemon Elite 2000 versus PokeBeach III?

I would definatly love to be in this war but I doubt my status is high enough in pe2k right now for me to be chosen.

Credit to Neeno for the banner
http://xat.com/BurningInferno
Old 07-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Elite Trainer Drake Offline
Experienced Trainer

Code:
In a nut shell
  • I'm curious as to what makes an "established" member.
  • I'm curious as to whom of which would moderate and maintain the the event, and how would potential players be decided upon.
Quote:
Sounds pretty fun. I'm not sure how much establishment there needs to be to even be considered. Especially being that the only people I've battled are those of which are in our clan. So my status may be up for debate. But I would love to join something of this sort.

But along with a moderators input, would it not take a council of members to moderate and maintain the war?

I've never been to Pokebeach sadly to say nor have I participated in any other forum war. The most I've done was read Mystery's war battle with blue something.

But my real conerns are in a nut shell above this response
Old 07-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Limitless Send a message via Yahoo to Limitless Send a message via Skype™ to Limitless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Drake View Post
Code:
In a nut shell
  • I'm curious as to what makes an "established" member.
  • I'm curious as to whom of which would moderate and maintain the the event, and how would potential players be decided upon.
An established member is someone who actively participates in the daily functioning of the forum. Basically, just don't be someone with five posts who joined the forum for the sole purpose of being in the war.

As to who will moderate and maintain the event over here on Pe2k, I'm not sure. I certainly wouldn't, as I'm participating with PokeBeach. I'd assume someone who the moderators pick, or is the fan favorite.

Potential participants are to be decided by tryouts, or at least that's what PokeBeach does.
Smogon tutor.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:45 AM
Experienced Trainer

It's post like the above that make it hard for us to do things...
This obviously not a troll thread so if you've nothing relevant to say, either refrain from posting or edit your post to a more serious tone.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Sakuya_Izayoi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Drake View Post
It's post like the above that make it hard for us to do things...
This obviously not a troll thread so if you've nothing relevant to say, either refrain from posting or edit your post to a more serious tone.
He's just excited. xD He wants to be picked, it's just that he's really happy. And I shall attend for PE2K once I get out of my PMD2 fandom. (has Diamond)
Old 07-04-2010, 02:49 AM
lildude3000 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to lildude3000

i do too....im not the best, but i've beaten my share of trainers here. sounds like fun! when are tryouts?
Old 07-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

This sounds like a great idea. I recall the very first Pe2k vs Pokebeach and it was pretty amazing.

I can see many people screaming for this position to represent our forum but I have an idea to bring....
Personally I think people should sponsor players to be in this war. For example I'll sponsor Dark Shadow Lord to be in this forum vs forum war. Who knows... I think a sponsorship deal will be a great way to get the top battlers up. Maybe limit the sponsors to 3 people ( but you can't sponsor yourself )

Also you got to remember that there is a ladder on this forum. I think that you should consider the people who are in top ranks of the battle ladder to be in this war ( both shoddy and wifi ).

Last edited by Mystogan; 07-04-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I think the best option will be where you guys sponsor a "leader" to do tryouts etc.
Smogon tutor.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:25 AM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
I think the best option will be where you guys sponsor a "leader" to do tryouts etc.
I think that sounds good. Maybe have 4+ people sponsor a member to be able to " try out " for the war.
(Also you might want to consider some of the people on the pe2k battle ladder if you want reference to who is high and low)

Another question... who will be in charge of the auditions and or running the thread for this? I know you got one up and I know you're active but if you don't want to do it then we need someone who is very active and a great noted battler throughout the forums that has good judgement.

For my sponsors I will choose : Dark Shadow Lord, BulletPuncher and Moe2

Special Note : I know I'm sounding like I'm getting into it BUT I don't want to partake in this forum war. Reason being is that I'll be out from July 23rd till the beginning of August ( therefore I'll be miserably inactive because I'll never really have the chance to visit the site ). Also another reason why I'm into this is because I don't want to see this forum lose for a 3rd time.

Last edited by Mystogan; 07-04-2010 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:00 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Quote:
An established member is someone who actively participates in the daily functioning of the forum. Basically, just don't be someone with five posts who joined the forum for the sole purpose of being in the war.

As to who will moderate and maintain the event over here on Pe2k, I'm not sure. I certainly wouldn't, as I'm participating with PokeBeach. I'd assume someone who the moderators pick, or is the fan favorite.

Potential participants are to be decided by tryouts, or at least that's what PokeBeach does.
Ah Hem!

Serebii refusing to war with us wasn't exactly my fault, but I was the one that was co-assigned (with Jose) to moderate that one for PE2K.

And yes, I do have a PokeBeach account (even though I haven't so much as logged in to it in like three months) to keep track of things over there, as well.

And would this thing be Shoddy only, or will Wi-Fiers be participating also?

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:10 AM
Limitless Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy the Great View Post
Ah Hem!

Serebii refusing to war with us wasn't exactly my fault, but I was the one that was co-assigned (with Jose) to moderate that one for PE2K.

And yes, I do have a PokeBeach account (even though I haven't so much as logged in to it in like three months) to keep track of things over there, as well.

And would this thing be Shoddy only, or will Wi-Fiers be participating also?
Why do I feel like you're attacking me?

I never accused you of being the catalyst for Serebii refusing to do a war with Pe2k.

The only reason I'm playing for PokeBeach is because I was actually a moderator over there, and I have a lot of friends there. I'm playing there, because I'm more active there than over here.

Both will be participating. Of the mix, I'm not sure yet.
Smogon tutor.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Mystogan Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

So I take you want to run the thread for this possible war Skippy?
Old 07-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Experienced Trainer

At first glance GE looked like he was just picking people out of they're clan, but with Moe2 and Bullet Puncher being high up in the ranks, you can't argue that too much. I'm just posting to say this that way no one has any conflicts with why he choose them. That and DSL peusedo runs PE2K (yes I made that up..)

But would it be right to just limit the sponsors to three?

Moe is notoriously wifi, BP is both, And DSL is pretty much shoddy. Perhaps even more "diverse" people can be picked that way they can actually compare notes with other sponsors? It won't just be a one person decision senario?

Skippy: random much?
Old 07-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Quote:
Why do I feel like you're attacking me?

I never accused you of being the catalyst for Serebii refusing to do a war with Pe2k.

The only reason I'm playing for PokeBeach is because I was actually a moderator over there, and I have a lot of friends there. I'm playing there, because I'm more active there than over here.

Both will be participating. Of the mix, I'm not sure yet.
Calm down, I'm over that whole thing, and sorry if it seemed that way.

Just wanting to throw my name in the hat as to people on PE2K who might potentially keep things in order should a war between the two forums actually happen.

Like before though, even if I was that one, I would want to have at least one person from our side helping me, since I am Wi-Fi only.

*Kicks computer for not running Shoddy* *Kicks computer again for not running NetBattle* Kick computer a third time for not running Pokemon Online*

I would want a Shoddy capable person to help me out for PE2K.

*edit* @ Drake: Not random, that was just the first time I seen the thread, and I was interested in the question.

I also occasionally do wifi battles.