Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 10-19-2010, 08:10 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon
Default Re: League of Legends

More summoners? :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
*if you see someone add you with something like Jet, but with a number... that's me* (will not post my username for... reasons)...

It may be addicted, but it's just a phase like Heroes of Newerth, and probably Land of Chaos Online... still nothing comes close to DotA XD
Crap, I think I declined your invite because I didn't know who it was. x_> RESEND, WE MUST PLAY.

And tbh, I've been finding LoL way more addicting than DotA. :x Only thing I miss is some of the classic champs, like Vengeful Spirit. I thought when Urgot came out, he was going to be a LoL version of Venge but then he wasn't. ;(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
IKR, Starcraft II is the League Of Legends is an amazing game, though. YOU GUYS PLAY IT TOO? :O
Yes, join our cult. >:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixto View Post
I just saw the trailer. Oh man, I wish I would've gotten into it when you guys did. The trailer amped me up! XD
We still play it, homeslice. Make an account and get your behind online.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Rival Silver Offline
Elite Trainer

I heard it was just like Warcraft III's The Frozen Thrones, Defense of the Ancients (DotA) and since I HATEEEEEE that game so much it refraims me from playing this :S

<--- Credit to Doodlebop|Credit to Temporal Snake
Old 10-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rival Silver View Post
I heard it was just like Warcraft III's The Frozen Thrones, Defense of the Ancients (DotA) and since I HATEEEEEE that game so much it refraims me from playing this :S
No. DotA sucks balls, League of Legends is the same concept but actually good (see: you don't have to be hella pro to be good or win).
Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy

I wouldn't say DotA sucks, it's actually pretty good if you can get into it. But League of Legends is miles away my favourite. Just easier to get on and play.

Also, I found out my account is Stardy vas DK3, so yeah, if you want to add me, go ahead. Level 24. I've been this for months now but I won't level up for some reason. And I've also got a scrub account in Dropkick Stardy, it's like level 10 so if you want to play some low levels, just ask.

Anybody else loving the Hallowing Event? Although I'm really sad at the Plant King, and to a lesser extent the Voodoo guy getting killed off (Why couldn't it be Spider Queen ;-;), at least it gives hope for Lee Sin, who should already be in the game dammit riot.. Also Urf's grave is awesome, especially just placing a ward there and ganking people who check it out.

Stardy = awesome

Last edited by Stardy; 10-20-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmBreon View Post
Crap, I think I declined your invite because I didn't know who it was. x_> RESEND, WE MUST PLAY.

And tbh, I've been finding LoL way more addicting than DotA. :x Only thing I miss is some of the classic champs, like Vengeful Spirit. I thought when Urgot came out, he was going to be a LoL version of Venge but then he wasn't. ;(

lol I think I added you successfully, I managed to find you online and pm-ed you but you ignored it when you were playing as Warwick :x XD

uhm... I think Urgot "is" the Venge of LoL XD

btw I'm still not lvl 30 though ._. and I haven't bought any runes yet... I got 6300 now and I don't know who to buy, at first I want Vlad... but I already have a mage/carry; Kassadin... I got a tank, Morde and Rammus (free with Koopa skin <3), got my ranged DPS (Tristana)... now I want support... plan to get Taric and 1 more support... but just recently can't decide between Sona or Lux :x

and DotA does not suck, why would the "original" (since DotA isn't really the original but it was the first of its kind to become popular; AoS wasn't that famous) suck compared to other spin-offs. what I hate about LoL is the rune system, pft too much playing needed to get all of your necessities... also the No Denies. I hate that part.

Heroes of Newerth though kinda sucks now because of the players, so violent and immature compared to LoL and DotA. Taht and they're getting unoriginal with constantly getting heroes from DotA itself rather than creating their own unique heroes.

Last edited by Jet; 10-21-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Stardy Offline

Quote:
btw I'm still not lvl 30 though ._. and I haven't bought any runes yet... I got 6300 now and I don't know who to buy, at first I want Vlad... but I already have a mage/carry; Kassadin... I got a tank, Morde and Rammus (free with Koopa skin <3), got my ranged DPS (Tristana)... now I want support... plan to get Taric and 1 more support... but just recently can't decide between Sona or Lux :x
I wouldn't bother getting Lux, she's overpowered at the moment, but when the eventual nerf (I trust Riot, this will come. Please. ;-; ) comes along she'll eventually just stop getting used, due to other champions being more viable for the positions she fills. Like Ez when he first came out, or old, way overpowered Pantheon and Jax. If you want support, Taric and Sona are easily the way to go. I also like Kayle, cheap, fun to use, easy to use and can be very handy (Can't argue with a heal, speed boost, going ranged, making yourself or a partner invincible and a good spell to boot, honestly.).

Also, Dr. Mundo. Doesn't matter if you get good with him or not, or like the role he has (Whatever it is. People say Tank, but he's not really a good tank honestly.) Mundo is tons of fun to play.

And finally, I wouldn't let the fact you already have one in some role put you off getting another one. Sometimes it's nice to switch it up a bit while playing the same general style, and sometimes it's good to have a back up in case somebody else takes the champion you want (Course, two champions in the same role... awkward :P). But yeah.

Stardy = awesome
Old 10-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardy View Post
I wouldn't bother getting Lux, she's overpowered at the moment, but when the eventual nerf (I trust Riot, this will come. Please. ;-; ) comes along she'll eventually just stop getting used, due to other champions being more viable for the positions she fills. Like Ez when he first came out, or old, way overpowered Pantheon and Jax. If you want support, Taric and Sona are easily the way to go. I also like Kayle, cheap, fun to use, easy to use and can be very handy (Can't argue with a heal, speed boost, going ranged, making yourself or a partner invincible and a good spell to boot, honestly.).

Also, Dr. Mundo. Doesn't matter if you get good with him or not, or like the role he has (Whatever it is. People say Tank, but he's not really a good tank honestly.) Mundo is tons of fun to play.

And finally, I wouldn't let the fact you already have one in some role put you off getting another one. Sometimes it's nice to switch it up a bit while playing the same general style, and sometimes it's good to have a back up in case somebody else takes the champion you want (Course, two champions in the same role... awkward :P). But yeah.
Really? Lux? OP? I haven't seen it so far... though I've only encountered her in 3 games, and so far I've managed to dodge ALL of her snares... I mean really, I don't know why but I do... I WAS EVEN LAGGING. Her masterspark (hurhur touhou reference), while it deals a lot of damage in clashes, I haven't seen it as a grand finisher much... but it sure is AWESOME TO LOOK AT *w*... Her barrier though is a b****.

and I play an AP Morde actually; with my tanking items being only Warmogs, Force of Nature and either of the tanking boots; dodge or spell res; then I go Hextech, Rylai's... and I dunno, I've only managed to reach up to those lol. I want to try an AD Morde though, but I don't know how to do it.

I want to try an AD Kass but it seems impossible to do, and I want to try Rammus with Rylai's XD.

Yea I might get Kayle as well. I play her offensively; I solo mid even :3

Btw kinda sad how Swain is underused, even with the buffs; I rarely see him this week :| He's insane with spell vamp, but yea too squishy, that's why I build him as a tank XD

Last edited by Jet; 10-21-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Stardy Offline

Quote:
Really? Lux? OP? I haven't seen it so far... though I've only encountered her in 3 games, and so far I've managed to dodge ALL of her snares... I mean really, I don't know why but I do... I WAS EVEN LAGGING. Her masterspark (hurhur touhou reference), while it deals a lot of damage in clashes, I haven't seen it as a grand finisher much... but it sure is AWESOME TO LOOK AT *w*... Her barrier though is a b****.

and I play an AP Morde actually; with my tanking items being only Warmogs, Force of Nature and either of the tanking boots; dodge or spell res; then I go Hextech, Rylai's... and I dunno, I've only managed to reach up to those lol. I want to try an AD Morde though, but I don't know how to do it.

I want to try an AD Kass but it seems impossible to do, and I want to try Rammus with Rylai's XD.

Yea I might get Kayle as well. I play her offensively; I solo mid even :3

Btw kinda sad how Swain is underused, even with the buffs; I rarely see him this week :| He's insane with spell vamp, but yea too squishy, that's why I build him as a tank XD
Most of the Lux players I've seen have been awful, but a good Lux racks in the kills and assists like crazy. Not as bad as Ezreal was, but still. Hoping for a nerf, the sooner the better. Still, get her if you want. I'm probably overreacting due to feeding teams and decent Lux', and she's actually fine, but whatever. I myself don't like her. :P

AD Morde is alright. I myself prefer Hybrid Tank/AP over it (like your current build, actually :P), but give it a shot, who knows, you may prefer it, you never know until you actually give it a shot. AD Kass isn't completely impossible, but I wouldn't recommend it though, lolz. Still better than something like a Magewick though... which is fun. And DO IT, and post the results... please. xP

How is Kayle mid? Never tried her there, so yeah.

And yeah, just had a go as him, finished 4-0-12 in Treeline. The buff has fixed any of his previous flaws, just having to keep going back for health was a bother. May buy him if I continue to do good as him (After I get Kennen, of course). Especially since my friend mains Fiddlesticks, and the two seem to combo up well. Gonna go try him in the Rift soon.

Also, one final thing. Wow, AP Yi is actually awesome. Why didn't I know this before.

Stardy = awesome

Last edited by Stardy; 10-21-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Jack Frost Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jack Frost

I'm trying to make an account but it just won't work for me :( The game does look class though! Ah sure I'll have to try again later...
Old 10-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Stardy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
I'm trying to make an account but it just won't work for me :( The game does look class though! Ah sure I'll have to try again later...
It doesn't work?
What happens? D:

Also, just finished the game as Swain in Summoners Rift. 9/4/27. I like this guy.

Stardy = awesome
Old 10-21-2010, 07:08 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon

Quote:
Anybody else loving the Hallowing Event? Although I'm really sad at the Plant King, and to a lesser extent the Voodoo guy getting killed off (Why couldn't it be Spider Queen ;-;), at least it gives hope for Lee Sin, who should already be in the game dammit riot.. Also Urf's grave is awesome, especially just placing a ward there and ganking people who check it out.
I love it. :3

The costumed minions are super cute and the candy potions are a nice touch. xD Only got into the new map twice though, I didn't get to check much stuff out. :(

Quote:
lol I think I added you successfully, I managed to find you online and pm-ed you but you ignored it when you were playing as Warwick :x XD

uhm... I think Urgot "is" the Venge of LoL XD.
Yeah, I noticed that after I'd posted here. I didn't ignore you! I responded but I had to get offline. :( Hopefully I'll catch you online again soon. D:

And Urgot is so not Venge. xD His ult is so fail compared to hers, but I guess a pure copy of Vengeful Spirit ultimate might be OP in LoL. Oh well...

I don't really like Lux, I wish I hadn't gotten her. :x I'm sure it's probably because support/carries aren't my cup of tea, but both the times I've tried playing her were embarrassingly bad. I like playing the melee/dps characters like Akali and Warwick. :D

I have a level 30 account, a level 14 smurf, and would be happy to start a new level 1 if anyone wants to play with me without having to get sucked into the higher matchmaking. :]

Last edited by EmBreon; 10-21-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Stardy Offline

Attempted to add you EmBreon. I think I got rejected. ;-;

Also, one thing I really hate about this game is the team can be REALLY good, or REALLY bad. There is no middle ground. For example, the team I got just now speedlocked Shaco and Ryze, and told me to go a tank. After continously telling them I'm a bad tank, they say it doesn't matter, and so I just went Shen because Shen's awesome. I finished 1-5-9 (K/D/A), only dying when I saved the Shaco, over and over and over. The Ryze finished 3-13-4. Shaco finished 10/8/0. I got called a noob feeder who cost them the game. Blargh. MEANWHILE, I got a fantastic team that discussed strategies and who to go in the pregame just a few games ago, and we ripped them apart. The downside was we won in 25 minutes cause they surrendered due to us essentially overpowering them. So yeah, good team games are short as heck and bad team games go on way to long and just annoying. Like this paragraph. :\

Stardy = awesome
Old 10-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Jet Offline

Quote:
Most of the Lux players I've seen have been awful, but a good Lux racks in the kills and assists like crazy. Not as bad as Ezreal was, but still. Hoping for a nerf, the sooner the better. Still, get her if you want. I'm probably overreacting due to feeding teams and decent Lux', and she's actually fine, but whatever. I myself don't like her. :P

AD Morde is alright. I myself prefer Hybrid Tank/AP over it (like your current build, actually :P), but give it a shot, who knows, you may prefer it, you never know until you actually give it a shot. AD Kass isn't completely impossible, but I wouldn't recommend it though, lolz. Still better than something like a Magewick though... which is fun. And DO IT, and post the results... please. xP

How is Kayle mid? Never tried her there, so yeah.

And yeah, just had a go as him, finished 4-0-12 in Treeline. The buff has fixed any of his previous flaws, just having to keep going back for health was a bother. May buy him if I continue to do good as him (After I get Kennen, of course). Especially since my friend mains Fiddlesticks, and the two seem to combo up well. Gonna go try him in the Rift soon.

Also, one final thing. Wow, AP Yi is actually awesome. Why didn't I know this before.
Post what? AD Morde? I don't know what items to get lol ._.

Kayle mid is similar to Kassadin mid; Meki Pendant and HP pots 1st item, then use Q to farm, 3rd skill to "harrass/push/farm" as well... at level 3 I have 1 level of each, then I max her Q and E. Not the best DPS-er out there but she is AWESOME with Rylai's and the obvious Rageblade. I had a LoL dream where I had Zhonya's, Manamune, Archangel's, Rylai's, Phantom Dancer, Hextech and Rageblade... no boots... LOL... btw I did a game with her having 250+ AD and AP, sadly my ATK SPD isn't that high enough

yes AP Yi is actually decent contrary to belief.

btw recently wth happened that all Warwicks suddenly buy Guardian Angel... it's annoyingly effective >_>

@Em: Really? I thought Urgot's swap is slightly better by stunning them first... but the range... yea lol...

- daww not everyone is suited for all roles lol...
- What be your lvl 14 username? :3 *still just lvl 16*

Last edited by Jet; 10-22-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Stardy Offline

Quote:
Post what? AD Morde? I don't know what items to get lol ._.

Kayle mid is similar to Kassadin mid; Meki Pendant and HP pots 1st item, then use Q to farm, 3rd skill to "harrass/push/farm" as well... at level 3 I have 1 level of each, then I max her Q and E. Not the best DPS-er out there but she is AWESOME with Rylai's and the obvious Rageblade. I had a LoL dream where I had Zhonya's, Manamune, Archangel's, Rylai's, Phantom Dancer, Hextech and Rageblade... no boots... LOL... btw I did a game with her having 250+ AD and AP, sadly my ATK SPD isn't that high enough

yes AP Yi is actually decent contrary to belief.

btw recently wth happened that all Warwicks suddenly buy Guardian Angel... it's annoyingly effective >_>

@Em: Really? I thought Urgot's swap is slightly better by stunning them first... but the range... yea lol...

- daww not everyone is suited for all roles lol...
- What be your lvl 14 username? :3 *still just lvl 16*
The "do it, post results" was more towards this:

Quote:
and I want to try Rammus with Rylai's XD.
As for build, if you're not sure just go with standard stuff/stuff you can build into better things (BF Sword, for example), and learn along the way, like any normal AD champion, I guess. I don't do set builds because they're always dependent on how the match is going. I mean, I'll follow one for a guideline but I'll almost certainly go off course. :P

I shall give that a shot then. :D

And oh wow at WW with GA. Never tried before.

... also I have a level 10 in Dropkick Stardy if you want *shifty eyes*

Stardy = awesome
Old 10-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Jack Frost Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jack Frost

I am already hooked to the game XD
It's so addictive! I actually love it.