Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 02:37 AM
terry Offline

Post Advice and opinions on my HeartGold and SoulSilver teams

I'd like to hear other peoples' opinions/ advice for my teams in pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (got both )

My SoulSilver team:

Chompy(Feraligatr)
nature: Calm
Level: 37
stats:
HP: 118
Attack: 81
Defense: 85
Sp. Atk: 73
Sp. Def: 81
Speed: 75

Desired Moveset: Aqua Tail, Superpower, Slash, Hydro Pump

Sheepy(Ampharos)
nature: Calm
stats:
HP: 128
Attack: 65
Defense: 68
Sp. Atk: 99
Sp. Def: 86
Speed: 63

Desired Moveset: Discharge, Signal Beam, Power Gem, Thunder

Flamer(Typhlosion)
nature: Timid
stats:
HP: 117
Attack: 65
Defense: 64
Sp. Atk: 95
Sp. Def: 69
Speed: 100

Desired Moveset: Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Eruption, Swift

Psycho(Alakazam)
nature: Quiet
stats:
HP: 96
Attack: 51
Defense: 43
Sp. Atk: 128
Sp. Def: 75
Speed: 97

Desired Moveset: Psychic, Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast

Machamp
nature: Relaxed
stats:
HP: 124
Attack: 116
Defense: 78
Sp. Atk: 63
Sp. Def: 71
Speed: 47

Desired Moveset: Dynamicpunch, Giga Impact, Brick Break, Cross Chop

I'm working on a Larvitar right now, It has a brave nature, is level 13, and its current stats are:

Attack: 27
Defense: 20
Sp. Atk: 18
Sp. Def: 22
Speed: 17

what items do you think would be good for these pokemon?

In my heartgold team I currently have a Chikorita, Elekid, Magby, and am deciding of trading over a teddiursa, using the togepi that hatched from the egg to get from Mr. Pokemon. I'm thinking of either getting a kingdra or using the Gyrados you got from lake of rage.

any opinions, advice, or comments/rants on my team?

Previous:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...37&postcount=1 <--My URPG stats

Last edited by terry; 08-01-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless
Default Re: Advice and opinions on my HeartGold and SoulSilver teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
Machamp
nature: Relaxed
stats:
HP: 124
Attack: 116
Defense: 78
Sp. Atk: 63
Sp. Def: 71
Speed: 47

Desired Moveset: Dynamicpunch, Giga Impact, Brick Break, Cross Chop
First things first.. No reason to have three fighting moves.

Giga Impact is also trash.

Does your Machamp have No Guard ability or Guts?

If it has No Guard, stick with Dynamicpunch or Cross Chop. If it has Guts, you might want to keep Brick Break as it's more accurate.

Recharge moves like Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, etc, are all trash. It takes up two turns, but you would have done more damage by just attacking twice with something else..

However, you're pretty early in the game so you probably don't have resources to replace all this stuff yet?

Good options are any of the elemental punches (Fire Punch, etc) depending on what coverage you end up needing as well Rock Slide or Stone Edge (TM moves).

If you really want a normal move, Headbutt from the move tutor in Ilex Forest is a good option. The chance to flinch is very useful.

As for your other Pokemon, just look for redundancy in types.

Your typhlosion has 3 Fire moves, but they don't all exactly do anything different.

At the very least, get rid of either Flamethrower OR Lava Plume. Keep one of those moves in addition to Eruption so that you can switch to them when Typhlosion is too low HP to make Eruption good.

If you feel like breeding for egg moves, you can get Extrasensory so he has a psychic move. He learns Focus Blast by TM which, though inaccurate, is good for if he has to go against any rock types that aren't going to be hurt much by Fire/Normal attacks.

Generally though, you do NOT want two moves of the same type unless one of them does something significantly different (like Eruption) that would make you want to use the other one sometimes.

In place of Hydro Pump for Feraligatr, consider giving him Swords Dance, which will double his physical attack with one use and make all his other attacks especially devastating.

I suggest something with better coverage than Slash, too, such as Ice Fang, or a rock move, or Crunch.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:28 AM
terry Offline

machamp's ability is no guard so I figured that dynamicpunch should be good. but I already transported giga impact and hyper beam from my platinum game so alakazam and machamp already know the moves. I was figuring to keep them since with machamp's high attack I could use giga impact and switch with alakazam's hyper beam if the opponent's pokemon fainted from one hit. I was only planning on using that till I beat the elite four, then switch them out. with feraligatr, I'm probably keeping ice fang, and swords dance sounds like a good alternative to hydro pump. with larvitar I was planning on his moveset to be stone edge, dark pulse, crunch, and earthquake. I've always been a more kind of head on type of trainer, thinking that if I can knonck out my opponent's pokemon in one hit then there would be no need for stat raising moves.

Previous:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...37&postcount=1 <--My URPG stats
Old 03-19-2011, 04:41 AM
Hikari10 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
machamp's ability is no guard so I figured that dynamicpunch should be good. but I already transported giga impact and hyper beam from my platinum game so alakazam and machamp already know the moves. I was figuring to keep them since with machamp's high attack I could use giga impact and switch with alakazam's hyper beam if the opponent's pokemon fainted from one hit. I was only planning on using that till I beat the elite four, then switch them out. with feraligatr, I'm probably keeping ice fang, and swords dance sounds like a good alternative to hydro pump. with larvitar I was planning on his moveset to be stone edge, dark pulse, crunch, and earthquake. I've always been a more kind of head on type of trainer, thinking that if I can knonck out my opponent's pokemon in one hit then there would be no need for stat raising moves.
No Guard is a pretty great match-up for Machamp if you want to teach it DynamincPunch. Larvitar has double weaknesses to Water and Grass. Not good type-matchups.
Closed Thread