Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:22 PM
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default GOES! (you can post now!)

welcome to GOES: Gallery Of Epic Sprites!

i've decided to make a gallery. (and, remember, i'm too posting sprites that i entered in neoseeker contests as pokéfan956, so i don't steal!)

well, enjoy the sprites!

Last edited by pokéfan123; 08-23-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:43 PM
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: GOES! (don't post yet)

fusions:
the nidotle (male) evoline: squirtle/nidoran (male), wartortle/nidorino, blastoise/nidoking.
the chiklett evoline: chikorita/diglett, bayleef/diglett, meganium/diglett
kylatewockom: mew/rotom/latias/registeel/kyogre/rayquaza/heatran/regirock (it's an old fusion...)
zatiakxajun: dialga/palkia/deoxys/regice/jirachi/moltres/zapdos/articuno (too an old one)
farteon(lol): flareon/jolteon/vaporeon with fart cloud!!
dialblob: muk/dialga

and many, many more that i'm too lazy to show...

Last edited by pokéfan123; 08-24-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:53 PM
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer

pillow shades and infernoes:
zorua infernoes
zoroark infernoes
snorlax infernoes
pillow shades
Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer

inverts and color swaps:

rhyperior color swap
rhydon color swap
Old 08-23-2010, 01:17 PM
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer

scratches:

other stuff:

pokemon in a hole(the right one is zoroark)
custom color hologram

now, it's posting time!!!

Last edited by pokéfan123; 08-24-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:45 PM
pokejava Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: GOES! (you can post now!)

the oddish in the hole looks funneh because the "hair" is like roots if u look at it right

I AM BACK EVERYONE I AM SORRY I WAS GONE
Old 08-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

Just how old are you? Sorry if that sounds like a strange question, but if youre around the 14 and up age group...then youre wasting your time.

I dont mean to rant, but what people seem to fail to realize is that pixel art is just another form of actual art.

Do you have any experience with other artistic categories, such as drawing? Even if not, youre still best of learning how to do things "from scratch". Because, experienced or not, anyone can if they just try. However, most people seem to fail to realize this, taking beginner tactics to their advantage.

In other words, youre best off not being like the rest. After all, Im most certain that you have plenty of good potential--but youre wasting that potential, unfortunately. Take advantage of it. ^_~ b After all, you know what they say: grab life by the horns.
Or something like that.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:04 PM
pokejava Offline
Elite Trainer

are u talking to me or pokefan123?

I AM BACK EVERYONE I AM SORRY I WAS GONE
Old 08-23-2010, 04:04 PM
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
Just how old are you? Sorry if that sounds like a strange question, but if youre around the 14 and up age group...then youre wasting your time.

I dont mean to rant, but what people seem to fail to realize is that pixel art is just another form of actual art.

Do you have any experience with other artistic categories, such as drawing? Even if not, youre still best of learning how to do things "from scratch". Because, experienced or not, anyone can if they just try. However, most people seem to fail to realize this, taking beginner tactics to their advantage.

In other words, youre best off not being like the rest. After all, Im most certain that you have plenty of good potential--but youre wasting that potential, unfortunately. Take advantage of it. ^_~ b After all, you know what they say: grab life by the horns.
Or something like that.
well, im about the 10 years old group...

btw, are you posting this at every sprite gallery?

Last edited by pokéfan123; 08-23-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:25 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

What Speed said.

I think you are a bit too good at this for doing In-a-holes, and I think you should move on to scratch spriting or Fakemon (Making a fusion to look like a scratch). Either way, I don't really like the idea that you are still doing in-a-hole. Tell you the truth, I do it, but it is not one I do really often. And I can see that you copy-flipped them without re shading.

The Nidoran M/Squirtle fusions are OK, but in each one the ears look either too big or out of place. And really, putting Nidoran M ears on Squirtles, Wartortles, and Blastoise isn't really spriting, even if you recolor it. Some of the outline colors are incorrect, like on the Wartortle the shell outline should be blueish instead of purple, and on Blastoise the belly outline should be brown instead of blue. There is also an odd, blue pixel on Blastoise and Wartortle.

The outline that separates the Chikorita leaf from the Diglett looks quite odd, and the other parts look too big, even the eyes. Nothing more to say about these.

What in Pokemon's name would this be called!? The rotom outlines are what I call 'doubled' on some ends, looking like a square corner, you should take those off. Lots of stuff is just copy/flipped, without being re shaded. The outline by the Rayquaza tail and the body seems unneeded. There are also a lot of outlines that aren't recolored, most being on Rayquaza's tail or Mew's tail. The eye is freaking me out, but it's OK.

So many outlines are not recolored on that Deoxys one. The colors also seem odd. Again with the normal things I have been saying.

Farteon, what a crazy name for a fusion. I really like this one.

There are some outlines that are still purple here, or grey on the gem. No other comments.

Tokyo bot deactivated.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Blank Offline
Experienced Trainer

TOKYO HAS CONVERTED

im so proud ;__;

Anyways, I totally agree with Speed and Tokyo, in short.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

Pokefan: probably, yes. Know why? its because I know that each and every one of you here have great potential as artists--if only we could at least try to apply that. Hell, I started getting into custom pixel art shortly after I started working with pixels; and, i will definitely NOT hesitate for a second to say that i sucked. Badly. However, I just kept learning and improving--through good and negative experiences. Hell, and of course, Im STILL learning...I mean, seriously, not like ive mastered it or anything. XD

however, i will tell you this: getting to be good at a form of art merely means that youve mastered the basics! Even then, you still have a lot to learn.

Tokyo has also worded her point very, very well. Im seconding what blank said about her "converting". XD
Old 08-24-2010, 09:10 AM
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
What Speed said.

I think you are a bit too good at this for doing In-a-holes, and I think you should move on to scratch spriting or Fakemon (Making a fusion to look like a scratch). Either way, I don't really like the idea that you are still doing in-a-hole. Tell you the truth, I do it, but it is not one I do really often. And I can see that you copy-flipped them without re shading.

The Nidoran M/Squirtle fusions are OK, but in each one the ears look either too big or out of place. And really, putting Nidoran M ears on Squirtles, Wartortles, and Blastoise isn't really spriting, even if you recolor it. Some of the outline colors are incorrect, like on the Wartortle the shell outline should be blueish instead of purple, and on Blastoise the belly outline should be brown instead of blue. There is also an odd, blue pixel on Blastoise and Wartortle.

The outline that separates the Chikorita leaf from the Diglett looks quite odd, and the other parts look too big, even the eyes. Nothing more to say about these.

What in Pokemon's name would this be called!? The rotom outlines are what I call 'doubled' on some ends, looking like a square corner, you should take those off. Lots of stuff is just copy/flipped, without being re shaded. The outline by the Rayquaza tail and the body seems unneeded. There are also a lot of outlines that aren't recolored, most being on Rayquaza's tail or Mew's tail. The eye is freaking me out, but it's OK.

So many outlines are not recolored on that Deoxys one. The colors also seem odd. Again with the normal things I have been saying.

Farteon, what a crazy name for a fusion. I really like this one.

There are some outlines that are still purple here, or grey on the gem. No other comments.

Tokyo bot deactivated.
the 2 mega-fusions are very old... and that in-a-holes are too... as well as the other fusions... the only recent sprites are the nidotle (male) evoline... and that 3 were verry quick fusions... so that are just what i call: "crap sprites"
Old 08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
TOKYO HAS CONVERTED

im so proud ;__;

Anyways, I totally agree with Speed and Tokyo, in short.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
Tokyo has also worded her point very, very well. Im seconding what blank said about her "converting". XD
...What are you two talking about...The fact that I now purely hate non-reshaded things in holes?

And that Farteon, it's name made me ROTFL (Roll on the floor laughing). It actually does look pretty cool, and deserves it's name. If you pussibly made a small stink cloud, it would look like a Farteon a bit more.

Yay, a scratchmon!!!
Good on you, Poke. It looks better than mine, just little circles with lines, blue with Voltorb's white, and a glow. Other one is the same, without no smile, bigger eyes, and feet in it's glow. Yours is more advanced, as I would say. The outline color sort of it like the darkest shade on the body, but otherwise it is really good.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
...What are you two talking about...The fact that I now purely hate non-reshaded things in holes?

And that Farteon, it's name made me ROTFL (Roll on the floor laughing). It actually does look pretty cool, and deserves it's name. If you pussibly made a small stink cloud, it would look like a Farteon a bit more.

Yay, a scratchmon!!!
Good on you, Poke. It looks better than mine, just little circles with lines, blue with Voltorb's white, and a glow. Other one is the same, without no smile, bigger eyes, and feet in it's glow. Yours is more advanced, as I would say. The outline color sort of it like the darkest shade on the body, but otherwise it is really good.
well, here it is! (i just took one of weezing's smoke things and put it there...)