Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-23-2010, 12:22 PM
pokéfan123's Avatar
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Twinleaf Town
Posts: 208
Default GOES! (you can post now!)



welcome to GOES: Gallery Of Epic Sprites!

i've decided to make a gallery. (and, remember, i'm too posting sprites that i entered in neoseeker contests as pokéfan956, so i don't steal!)

well, enjoy the sprites!
__________________

Last edited by pokéfan123; 08-23-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-23-2010, 12:43 PM
pokéfan123's Avatar
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Twinleaf Town
Posts: 208
Default Re: GOES! (don't post yet)

fusions:
the nidotle (male) evoline: squirtle/nidoran (male), wartortle/nidorino, blastoise/nidoking.
the chiklett evoline: chikorita/diglett, bayleef/diglett, meganium/diglett
kylatewockom: mew/rotom/latias/registeel/kyogre/rayquaza/heatran/regirock (it's an old fusion...)
zatiakxajun: dialga/palkia/deoxys/regice/jirachi/moltres/zapdos/articuno (too an old one)
farteon(lol): flareon/jolteon/vaporeon with fart cloud!!
dialblob: muk/dialga

and many, many more that i'm too lazy to show...
__________________

Last edited by pokéfan123; 08-24-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-23-2010, 12:53 PM
pokéfan123's Avatar
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Twinleaf Town
Posts: 208
Default Re: GOES! (don't post yet)

pillow shades and infernoes:
zorua infernoes
zoroark infernoes
snorlax infernoes
pillow shades
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM
pokéfan123's Avatar
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Twinleaf Town
Posts: 208
Default Re: GOES! (don't post yet)

inverts and color swaps:

rhyperior color swap
rhydon color swap
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-23-2010, 01:17 PM
pokéfan123's Avatar
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Twinleaf Town
Posts: 208
Default Re: GOES! (don't post yet)

scratches:




other stuff:

pokemon in a hole(the right one is zoroark)
custom color hologram

now, it's posting time!!!
__________________

Last edited by pokéfan123; 08-24-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2010, 03:45 PM
pokejava's Avatar
pokejava Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: On the chair at my computer
Posts: 513
Default Re: GOES! (you can post now!)

the oddish in the hole looks funneh because the "hair" is like roots if u look at it right
__________________
avy made by gaygar


I AM BACK EVERYONE I AM SORRY I WAS GONE
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Speed-X's Avatar
Speed-X Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,594
Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: GOES! (don't post yet)

Just how old are you? Sorry if that sounds like a strange question, but if youre around the 14 and up age group...then youre wasting your time.

I dont mean to rant, but what people seem to fail to realize is that pixel art is just another form of actual art.

Do you have any experience with other artistic categories, such as drawing? Even if not, youre still best of learning how to do things "from scratch". Because, experienced or not, anyone can if they just try. However, most people seem to fail to realize this, taking beginner tactics to their advantage.

In other words, youre best off not being like the rest. After all, Im most certain that you have plenty of good potential--but youre wasting that potential, unfortunately. Take advantage of it. ^_~ b After all, you know what they say: grab life by the horns.
Or something like that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-23-2010, 04:04 PM
pokejava's Avatar
pokejava Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: On the chair at my computer
Posts: 513
Default Re: GOES! (you can post now!)

are u talking to me or pokefan123?
__________________
avy made by gaygar


I AM BACK EVERYONE I AM SORRY I WAS GONE
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-23-2010, 04:04 PM
pokéfan123's Avatar
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Twinleaf Town
Posts: 208
Default Re: GOES! (don't post yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
Just how old are you? Sorry if that sounds like a strange question, but if youre around the 14 and up age group...then youre wasting your time.

I dont mean to rant, but what people seem to fail to realize is that pixel art is just another form of actual art.

Do you have any experience with other artistic categories, such as drawing? Even if not, youre still best of learning how to do things "from scratch". Because, experienced or not, anyone can if they just try. However, most people seem to fail to realize this, taking beginner tactics to their advantage.

In other words, youre best off not being like the rest. After all, Im most certain that you have plenty of good potential--but youre wasting that potential, unfortunately. Take advantage of it. ^_~ b After all, you know what they say: grab life by the horns.
Or something like that.
well, im about the 10 years old group...

btw, are you posting this at every sprite gallery?
__________________

Last edited by pokéfan123; 08-23-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-23-2010, 04:25 PM
MoonKit's Avatar
MoonKit Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington.
Posts: 2,593
Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: GOES! (you can post now!)

What Speed said.

I think you are a bit too good at this for doing In-a-holes, and I think you should move on to scratch spriting or Fakemon (Making a fusion to look like a scratch). Either way, I don't really like the idea that you are still doing in-a-hole. Tell you the truth, I do it, but it is not one I do really often. And I can see that you copy-flipped them without re shading.

The Nidoran M/Squirtle fusions are OK, but in each one the ears look either too big or out of place. And really, putting Nidoran M ears on Squirtles, Wartortles, and Blastoise isn't really spriting, even if you recolor it. Some of the outline colors are incorrect, like on the Wartortle the shell outline should be blueish instead of purple, and on Blastoise the belly outline should be brown instead of blue. There is also an odd, blue pixel on Blastoise and Wartortle.

The outline that separates the Chikorita leaf from the Diglett looks quite odd, and the other parts look too big, even the eyes. Nothing more to say about these.

What in Pokemon's name would this be called!? The rotom outlines are what I call 'doubled' on some ends, looking like a square corner, you should take those off. Lots of stuff is just copy/flipped, without being re shaded. The outline by the Rayquaza tail and the body seems unneeded. There are also a lot of outlines that aren't recolored, most being on Rayquaza's tail or Mew's tail. The eye is freaking me out, but it's OK.

So many outlines are not recolored on that Deoxys one. The colors also seem odd. Again with the normal things I have been saying.

Farteon, what a crazy name for a fusion. I really like this one.

There are some outlines that are still purple here, or grey on the gem. No other comments.

Tokyo bot deactivated.
__________________
I'm alive! -coughnotcough-
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Blank Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: a "MALE"box. GET IT HURRHURRHURR
Posts: 130
Default Re: GOES! (you can post now!)

TOKYO HAS CONVERTED

im so proud ;__;

Anyways, I totally agree with Speed and Tokyo, in short.
__________________
Fudge lovers and fudge haters can go screw themselves for wasting their time on fudge when they should be doing so to something tastier. Like oranges. c:
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Speed-X's Avatar
Speed-X Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,594
Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: GOES! (you can post now!)

Pokefan: probably, yes. Know why? its because I know that each and every one of you here have great potential as artists--if only we could at least try to apply that. Hell, I started getting into custom pixel art shortly after I started working with pixels; and, i will definitely NOT hesitate for a second to say that i sucked. Badly. However, I just kept learning and improving--through good and negative experiences. Hell, and of course, Im STILL learning...I mean, seriously, not like ive mastered it or anything. XD

however, i will tell you this: getting to be good at a form of art merely means that youve mastered the basics! Even then, you still have a lot to learn.

Tokyo has also worded her point very, very well. Im seconding what blank said about her "converting". XD
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-24-2010, 09:10 AM
pokéfan123's Avatar
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Twinleaf Town
Posts: 208
Default Re: GOES! (you can post now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
What Speed said.

I think you are a bit too good at this for doing In-a-holes, and I think you should move on to scratch spriting or Fakemon (Making a fusion to look like a scratch). Either way, I don't really like the idea that you are still doing in-a-hole. Tell you the truth, I do it, but it is not one I do really often. And I can see that you copy-flipped them without re shading.

The Nidoran M/Squirtle fusions are OK, but in each one the ears look either too big or out of place. And really, putting Nidoran M ears on Squirtles, Wartortles, and Blastoise isn't really spriting, even if you recolor it. Some of the outline colors are incorrect, like on the Wartortle the shell outline should be blueish instead of purple, and on Blastoise the belly outline should be brown instead of blue. There is also an odd, blue pixel on Blastoise and Wartortle.

The outline that separates the Chikorita leaf from the Diglett looks quite odd, and the other parts look too big, even the eyes. Nothing more to say about these.

What in Pokemon's name would this be called!? The rotom outlines are what I call 'doubled' on some ends, looking like a square corner, you should take those off. Lots of stuff is just copy/flipped, without being re shaded. The outline by the Rayquaza tail and the body seems unneeded. There are also a lot of outlines that aren't recolored, most being on Rayquaza's tail or Mew's tail. The eye is freaking me out, but it's OK.

So many outlines are not recolored on that Deoxys one. The colors also seem odd. Again with the normal things I have been saying.

Farteon, what a crazy name for a fusion. I really like this one.

There are some outlines that are still purple here, or grey on the gem. No other comments.

Tokyo bot deactivated.
the 2 mega-fusions are very old... and that in-a-holes are too... as well as the other fusions... the only recent sprites are the nidotle (male) evoline... and that 3 were verry quick fusions... so that are just what i call: "crap sprites"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
MoonKit's Avatar
MoonKit Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington.
Posts: 2,593
Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: GOES! (you can post now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
TOKYO HAS CONVERTED

im so proud ;__;

Anyways, I totally agree with Speed and Tokyo, in short.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
Tokyo has also worded her point very, very well. Im seconding what blank said about her "converting". XD
...What are you two talking about...The fact that I now purely hate non-reshaded things in holes?

And that Farteon, it's name made me ROTFL (Roll on the floor laughing). It actually does look pretty cool, and deserves it's name. If you pussibly made a small stink cloud, it would look like a Farteon a bit more.

Yay, a scratchmon!!!
Good on you, Poke. It looks better than mine, just little circles with lines, blue with Voltorb's white, and a glow. Other one is the same, without no smile, bigger eyes, and feet in it's glow. Yours is more advanced, as I would say. The outline color sort of it like the darkest shade on the body, but otherwise it is really good.
__________________
I'm alive! -coughnotcough-
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
pokéfan123's Avatar
pokéfan123 Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Twinleaf Town
Posts: 208
Default Re: GOES! (you can post now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
...What are you two talking about...The fact that I now purely hate non-reshaded things in holes?

And that Farteon, it's name made me ROTFL (Roll on the floor laughing). It actually does look pretty cool, and deserves it's name. If you pussibly made a small stink cloud, it would look like a Farteon a bit more.

Yay, a scratchmon!!!
Good on you, Poke. It looks better than mine, just little circles with lines, blue with Voltorb's white, and a glow. Other one is the same, without no smile, bigger eyes, and feet in it's glow. Yours is more advanced, as I would say. The outline color sort of it like the darkest shade on the body, but otherwise it is really good.
well, here it is! (i just took one of weezing's smoke things and put it there...)
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com