Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Iceraver101 Offline

Default Re: The Laughing Man's Society: Gold Edition : open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shadow Lord View Post
i didnt know about the sandstorm effect at all

so the dream world abilities are going to run wild on shoddy/po im guessing
You didn't notice that rock types gained a boost in sp. def? Ehhh well I guess:P Also Happy days about the dream world pokrmon being able to breed!

get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com
Old 09-23-2010, 02:57 PM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamonk4 View Post
I'm going to dividethe walkthrough into parts. Each part ending reasonably after beating a gym(so like an episode something, XD).
Part One should be up by tonight or by tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately, it has been proven false about the Hail buff(something that it TRUELY needed). I was going to be so glad to re-make my offensive hail team for B/W.

Also: There way to breed for B/W Dream Abilities if BOTH parents are from the Dream World(Yay!)! Soon Smogon should be checking to see if it can be only the female parent that is required to have the Dream World Ability. Now if only the female parent is required, this will make ends meet for my breeding.
If you're going to start RNG breeding in B/W I just might have to make my breeding request half D/P/Pt, and half B/W :P

Quote:
i didnt know about the sandstorm effect at all

so the dream world abilities are going to run wild on shoddy/po im guessing
You've been battling fourth generation for how long and you didn't know that o.O

Pokemon White FC:1979-0607-6887
Old 09-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
You didn't notice that rock types gained a boost in sp. def? Ehhh well I guess:P Also Happy days about the dream world pokrmon being able to breed!
yes its going to be bad for all of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyshuckle View Post
If you're going to start RNG breeding in B/W I just might have to make my breeding request half D/P/Pt, and half B/W :P

You've been battling fourth generation for how long and you didn't know that o.O
i had no idea, i hardly ever use rock pokemon...ttar sometimes but that is. If you look up scuba thought it boosted three different types sp def...so im not the only person in the world who didnt know !!!!!!!!! lol

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 09-23-2010, 03:10 PM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
yes its going to be bad for all of us

i had no idea, i hardly ever use rock pokemon...ttar sometimes but that is. If you look up scuba thought it boosted three different types sp def...so im not the only person in the world who didnt know !!!!!!!!! lol
But thats why T-tar is able to walk into special attacks that it doesn't even resist and take nothing...

Old 09-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Iceraver101 Offline

Quote:
But thats why T-tar is able to walk into special attacks that it doesn't even resist and take nothing...
t-tar! basically the back bone of all my current teams:P Man This guy needs to be super awesome in generation5!

get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com
Old 09-23-2010, 03:17 PM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
t-tar! basically the back bone of all my current teams:P Man This guy needs to be super awesome in generation5!
I don't think his role, or his usage is really going to change that much. Nothing really came out to trump him.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
i honestly havent used ttar as part of my team in over a year, i dont think its a very good....also i never try to destory them with sp attacks...they go down pretty easy to scizors and machamps

@shiny....yes something easly trumped him....read above..champ uses ttar as a punching bag. I would have said his usage was going to drop but with the eddition of all the other ghost pokemon i could still see it being around.

Last edited by Judge Dredd; 09-23-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:35 PM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
i honestly havent used ttar as part of my team in over a year, i dont think its a very good....also i never try to destory them with sp attacks...they go down pretty easy to scizors and machamps

@shiny....yes something easly trumped him....read above..champ uses ttar as a punching bag. I would have said his usage was going to drop but with the eddition of all the other ghost pokemon i could still see it being around.
Trumped as in nothing has come out this generation that does T-tar's job better. I think Scizor will keep a decent place in the metagame, because the need for a strong priority will always be needed. Machamp is on the fence right now, it depends on how strong some of these pokemon really are... Machamp is pretty slow... so he might not make very high usage, although you'll still see him. I can see tyranitar being very useful, with not only the addition of a fair amount of ghost, but also special attackers. I see more usable special attackers then I do physical... although those physical attackers are dangerous (Gigaiasu, Melodia step form, etc) I really think with the addition of Mischeivous heart and some of the pokemon now availible, we're going to see alot more support pokemon. A notable one is either the suicide lead/spiker that would arise from the base 145 speed insect with encore (not sure if he can learn both spikes and encore though...)

EDIT: and tyranitar counters weather fairly well as long as it isn't rain :P

Last edited by shinyshuckle; 09-23-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Trumped as in nothing has come out this generation that does T-tar's job better. I think Scizor will keep a decent place in the metagame, because the need for a strong priority will always be needed. Machamp is on the fence right now, it depends on how strong some of these pokemon really are... Machamp is pretty slow... so he might not make very high usage, although you'll still see him. I can see tyranitar being very useful, with not only the addition of a fair amount of ghost, but also special attackers. I see more usable special attackers then I do physical... although those physical attackers are dangerous (Gigaiasu, Melodia step form, etc) I really think with the addition of Mischeivous heart and some of the pokemon now availible, we're going to see alot more support pokemon. A notable one is either the suicide lead/spiker that would arise from the base 145 speed insect with encore (not sure if he can learn both spikes and encore though...)

EDIT: and tyranitar counters weather fairly well as long as it isn't rain :P
are you saying that because it can take specail attacks while starting up a sandstorm ?
Also champ has always been slow...so i doubt its speed would be the reason it got less usage

Old 09-23-2010, 03:51 PM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
are you saying that because it can take specail attacks while starting up a sandstorm ?
Also champ has always been slow...so i doubt its speed would be the reason it got less usage
Pretty much. The metagame is going to probably centralize around support, weather/trick room, and late game sweepers (Thats what I'm going to guess at least)

I myself am probably going to try to build a trickstorm team around Gigaiasu. He might only really get explosion, Stone edge, earthquake, and heavy bomber as filler... but with his attack, bulk, and stand strenght he'll help alot... my only concern is the coffin pokemon... but he learns trick room and will probably have one of my own on the team :L

Old 09-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Pretty much. The metagame is going to probably centralize around support, weather/trick room, and late game sweepers (Thats what I'm going to guess at least)

I myself am probably going to try to build a trickstorm team around Gigaiasu. He might only really get explosion, Stone edge, earthquake, and heavy bomber as filler... but with his attack, bulk, and stand strenght he'll help alot... my only concern is the coffin pokemon... but he learns trick room and will probably have one of my own on the team :L
when you say a name realize i have no idea what pokemon your talking about...LOL. i didnt memorize the new pokemon/types before they took the pictures down..I can only assume your talkinga bout a ground pokemon that is slow..LOL

so a meta game based around gimics ....yay thats going to fun

Old 09-23-2010, 04:55 PM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
when you say a name realize i have no idea what pokemon your talking about...LOL. i didnt memorize the new pokemon/types before they took the pictures down..I can only assume your talkinga bout a ground pokemon that is slow..LOL

so a meta game based around gimics ....yay thats going to fun
They're not gimmicks DSL. Rain dance teams are a serious threat now, and need to be considered (I just realized that I could have an OU RainRoom team with Clamperl now :DDD). Sun I still think is pretty bad because the only chlorophyll sweeper I think is really threatning is Tangrowth. Trick room was never a gimmick, and is now extremely threatning because the metagame is going to be even MORE fast paced.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
They're not gimmicks DSL. Rain dance teams are a serious threat now, and need to be considered (I just realized that I could have an OU RainRoom team with Clamperl now :DDD). Sun I still think is pretty bad because the only chlorophyll sweeper I think is really threatning is Tangrowth. Trick room was never a gimmick, and is now extremely threatning because the metagame is going to be even MORE fast paced.
i still consider them gimicks LOL..dont mean to offend but trick room teams are easy to shut down...control the set up pokemon and you have a team of slow pokemon that can be taken advantage of

Old 09-23-2010, 05:06 PM
shinyshuckle Offline

Quote:
i still consider them gimicks LOL..dont mean to offend but trick room teams are easy to shut down...control the set up pokemon and you have a team of slow pokemon that can be taken advantage of
You make it sound like the set up pokes listen to you. You also forget its not just slow pokemon, but rediculously bulky pokemon. Unless you carry a team full of taunt users, its not as easy as, stop them from setting up and killz 'em. Honestly I'd rather face a stall team or weather team with a normal team then a TR team.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Moe2 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy the Great View Post
That's actrually why I haven't been posting as much. I have been doing tournies.

I pretty much walked over everyone I battled in an OU tourney at PokeBeach. I got first place.

I am also in a Smogon UU tourney that recently started. My round one battle is going to be today.

But yes, if a tourney is going to be put together here, I'll definately be in it.
what ever happened to our war at Pokebeach? Did we win?

Also @DSL its not a gimmic if it consistantly wins you battles, remember that.

Last edited by Moe2; 09-23-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Closed Thread