Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:01 AM
ERROR404 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Ever been in a near unwinnable battle?

This one Breloom on Battle Tower. Poison Heal + Toxic Orb, Stun Spore and Leech Seed. GAH!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Smasher View Post
I was att Battle Factory in Platinum when I had a near unwinnable battle.

The teams were:

Opponent:
Charizard
Vileplume
Muk

Me:
Meganium
Golem
Muk

The battle when as usual, with my opponent's pokemon creaming mine due to a bad decision when I was choosing my pokemon.

It was down to:
Opponent:
Vileplume
Muk

Me:
Grimer

Basically, I kept using minimize, and my Muk had leftovers, so it was nearly impossible to hit me, but the only moves I had were Minimize, Sludge, Disable, and Harden. So, I used disable as often as I could and then would use Sludge, and use harden every other turn until it was maxed out. Since vileplume was poison, the battle took agonizingly long, but it was finally done. Then came the Muk, with ridiculous amounts of health, and I knew this one would take long. I used the same tactic on the Muk, but I poisoned him at one point which helped. Eventually, the Muk had a few hp left, and I was still around 100, so I knew it was over, and when I finally killed him, I had one an essentially unwinable battle.
Uh, Poison Mon can't be Poisoned? IIRC anyways.

Anyways, this happened when I went up against the E4 for the first time. The Dark-user chick (can't remember her name for the life of me) was easy until that DAMNED Houndoom came out. It kept setting up Nasty Plot and then sweeping my entire team with Dark Pulse and Flamethrower.

Well, earlier in the game I'd slapped a Quick Claw onto my Graveler since she was always so darned slow. Also earlier I taught her Explosion, because I thought, "There might be a time I need to blow up on someone".

So here I am, thinking I'm going to have to let myself be beaten (I always save before each Elite/Champion battle, it's a habit), when I suddenly thought to try using my Graveler (who I named Totem). So I restart my game, start battling, and once Doom comes out and kills my current Mon, I send Totem out. The VERY FIRST TIME her Quick Claw activated, letting her go first and OHKO that frigging Houndoom.

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 10-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Wolfman50055 Offline

A couple of times actually:
My first was at Koga in Pokemon SoulSilver, my Pokemon were all fainted except for my Crobat who was nicknamed Fang, against his Muk, who kept using Minimize so I could barely hit him, which is how all of my Pokemon fainted, I figured if I wasted a few turns to revive my Pokemon, he would kill Fang, so I kept using fly to avoid an attack then hit (he still used the full restore) eventually after about 30-45min of trying to hit him I killed him...

Then on Pokemon White, I was facing Ghetisis (not sure I am spelling that right) his Hydreigon had killed me MANY times I would get samurott to use Megahorn, but it almost always missed, and when it did hit, he survived with little HP, the rest of my Pokemon were slower and always got 1 kit KO'd, but eventually he missed and I KO'd him it was a moment of victory because his other Pokemon were KO'd easily

The last time was again on White on the online ranked battles, it was a single battle and my Eelektross was at about half health, his Flamethrower move ran out of PP, and the opponent sent out a Ferrothorn holding a Rocky Helmet... My only move that I could use was... Brick Break... I had only had a few PP for it left though, but I hit him one last time (Eelektross had little health) and his Ferrothorn fainted, Eelektross had (guess how much HP) 1HP left!! I was very happy
Old 10-02-2011, 05:47 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

All my battles against the Elite 4 are usually unwinnable. I never train them past lv 40, and just use straight up strategy.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:53 AM
atucker22 Offline

I have had many battles where I sweep 4 or more Pokes with my last guy against my friends. And I have had quite a few different good Battle Tower/Subway battles
The "FireMaster" banner done by Thunder1990 My VPP Stats
Old 10-19-2011, 10:59 AM
MrPolarZero Offline

Yeah, of course. I think everyone playing Pokemon has. I was in it many times, cant even remember the place.
Closed Thread