Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Main Pokémon RP

Main Pokémon RP This is where the Main RP takes place, as well as special things like Group RPs. Trainers going through the Main RP can meet if they go to the same area.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:56 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01
Default Re: Mt. Deckbi

The light blue forcefield of Dual’s Reflect creeped up his arm, wrapping around his hand to provide better leverage and greater protection from the attack. The shield flared bright blue and I had to shield my eyes just before the Drilbur made contact. I didn’t see what happened, but I could hear it, and my imagination filled in the gaps. I could see in my head the Drilbur spinning against the Reflect, and Dual bracing his shield arm with his other arm. I opened my eyes just a crack in time to see Dual push the Drilbur back, causing a small explosion of dirt. He then shoved his hand forwards and a small fireball expanded, pushing the little mole back. It growled angrily as the writhing red fireball brushed it’s grey skin and backed off a little bit, but it continued to watch the Gallade carefully. I could see that by the way it was favouring its left side that the Will-o-Wisp attack had successfully burned it.

I looked over at Ambipom – I hadn’t heard Ivy’s orders but she’d obviously given them. The Normal-type was running in very quick circles, throwing sand all over the place. I was a bit worried the Drilbur would be able to use the sand clouds to its advantage, but a few wisps of dirt did not a sandstorm make. Once the Larvesta was coiling around in the dirt, Ambipom pounded over to a small pile of rocks and began chucking them at the Bug Pokemon. I heard screeches of pain as the rocks made contact – Larvesta’s Bug/Fire typing meant that Rock attacks did a super-huge amount of damage.

Dual took advantage of the Larvesta’s momentary weakness to finish off the Skill Swap. He stepped a bit closer and put his left arm out again. A small but sudden burst of fire shot away from the Larvesta towards Dual. The tongue of flame coiled around Dual’s arm and down to his protrusion, sinking into the red triangle. A quick circle of fire expanded out around the Gallade, signalling that the Skill Swap was complete.

The Drilbur had managed to inch its way over to the Larvesta. It held its claws together and began to spin as some winds whipped up around the Bug-type. They continued to get stronger and stronger, until the dust and rocks completely obscured the Larvesta from sight, and the Drilbur began to spin again as he rose up into the air. I was incredibly impressed with the Larvesta’s abilities – it was able to lift a whole other Pokemon using a weak move that it didn’t even have STAB on! Truly it was a powerful Pokemon worth catching. I felt a twitch of jealousy towards Ivy being the one to catch it, but I pushed the feeling down. The Drilbur was a worthy catch too.

The Drilbur flew around and around before shooting towards Dual like it had been fired from a slingshot. The Ground-type’s claws dug into the Gallade’s chest, straight through his Reflect shield, and he hissed in pain. At least the shield had managed to block most of the attack. Dual growled and pushed the Drilbur away, gasping slightly as he disengaged. The sand might have activated the Drilbur’s Sand Force Ability – that would explain why the little mole Pokemon was still putting out loads of damage despite its burn.

I needed to get Dual away from it for a little bit. I had a sudden idea, so I reached out for Haji. Is it okay if I contact Ivy? I asked the small Psychic cat.

He replied in the affirmative, and I prepared to brush my mind against Ivy’s. My plan was to swap attack targets, and to plan it via telepathic communication so the pair wouldn’t see it coming. They were clearly experienced tag team battlers – we’d need to work like professionals too if we wanted to capture them without the loss of a Pokemon.

Hey Ivy? I asked carefully. You wanna try swapping attack targets?

I was reasonably sure that she would, but it was always polite to ask, and if she didn’t then I could always just continue wailing on the Drilbur. I reached out for my Gallade, who had managed to regain his composure.

Hey Dual, I want you to go and hit that Larvesta with a Night Slash, but hold back – this isn’t a professional Pokemon battle, so I don’t want any critical hits, I ordered him through our mind-link. If Ivy doesn’t want to go after the Drilbur, though, just send the Night Slash Drilbur’s way.

Dual nodded, too busy to respond. His left blade began to lose its bright green colour, instead becoming dark black. I couldn’t look at it too long – it looked like the area his blade was occupying was a void in space, like there was simply nothing there – nothing in the outer-space sense of the word. The shadow expanded across his entire arm, and he began to run towards the Larvesta, being sure to keep his Reflect shield aimed at the Drilbur. Assuming Ivy was okay with this, he’d bring the dark-energy-coated sword slashing down across the Larvesta’s worm-like body. He wouldn’t have a problem finding the Bug-type in the cloud of dust, though – he could easily sense and locate the Larvesta using his Psychic powers.

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 07-22-2011, 12:59 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#19

Ivy was very impressed with Drilbur and Larvesta's ability to work together. They battled like they had done it for a long time, controlling the winds and firing the Ground-type off like that without any hesitation at all. It reminded her that she and Chainy should be working together more. She just didn't know how without getting in the way.

“Great job, Ambi!” she called, praising her monkey. He seemed happy to hear it, grinning and rushing back to her with a lot of energy. “We'll definitely make that stop on the way home.” Ambipom clapped and rocked on his heels, waiting for her next suggestion.

The rock flinging had done a little more than she thought. Ambipom was a hard hitter in his own right though, so it shouldn't have surprised her that much. Larvesta was also a rare typing that left it extremely weak to rock attacks. She was actually a little worried at how damaged Larvesta was compared to Drilbur.

The goal of these double battles was to try and finish near the same time so two people didn't team up against one Pokémon. A lot of people considered that abuse, and she was one of them. However, even if the other person tried to stay out of the way, the wild sometimes attacked both anyway, and then you either got hurt or fought back.

She tried to think of what to do next and had about as much trouble as she did the first time. At least her mind had evened out a little though, now that she had something to focus on. Haji being able to pay most of his attention to the bond probably helped too, as she was pretty sure he could block out too much negative and stable out fluctuations.

Then, she realized she spoke too soon as her mind flared up at someone trying to contact her. She hissed and winced as the loud voice rang through her head, and she had to clench her hand tight.

“Hey, Ivy?”she heard Chainy say, “You wanna try swapping attack targets?”

Though it was on the other side of the field and was probably trying to be quiet, it sounded like he was shouting in her hears. With that brief contact, she was again aware of every sense around her, and it began to overload her mind again. There was too much. She didn't know how to control the link well enough to keep it out. She wondered how Haji dealt with this all the time.

“Alright,” she said quickly, and then she shut off that communication tight. His mind was one place she didn't want to linger too long. She had already spent enough time there today. She didn't want to know what he thought of her other Pokémon if he had such a poor opinion of Haxbat. If she really thought about it though, she was really worried of what he thought of her, so she didn't want to know that either.

Immediately, the sensations in her head cooled down and she could mostly think again. The sound still rang in her ears, but at least she could focus on one thing at a time now. She clutched at her head and winced again. She was definitely getting a headache from all this mind stuff.

“You should warn me if people try to do that,” she told Haji, wishing she would've had some type of warning.

“I think you handled it quite well. You lack that confidence in what you can do for yourself. Already you grow. You cut off the other link on your own, and you are keeping it shut.” Haji's words made her feel a little better. She couldn't spend too much time thinking about them though since they had a battle to finish.

She got the idea that Chainy wanted to do this attack switching in silence, so she asked for Haji's help in communicating with Ambipom. It was difficult, like trying to move quickly through water, but she felt they had a solid enough base that she could say what she wanted him to hear. She spoke quietly, not wanting her own words to echo right back at her.

“Alright, Ambipom, we're switching things up this round. I need you to focus on that Drilbur. Let's use your Ice Punch attack, but combine it with your Double Hit so it'll hit twice as hard.” That Drilbur wasn't very hurt, so they were going to have to change that. Ambipom's ability to manipulate easier moves should also come in handy here, since he'd probably be able to make the two hits strike even harder. “You got it?”

The monkey nodded and moved his hands up like a boxer would. However, it was the two hands on his tails that really started to work. The air around them chilled, and soon she saw a cloudy fog surround them that was cool to the touch. If all went well, he would rush up and strike with one of those fists in an icy wave and then spin and hit the Drilbur with the other right after. Usually the second one hit harder because the first hit knocked them off guard.

She was a little worried about it missing, but she had faith in Ambipom. He was having a good time. She made a mental note to take more time to teach him things after this run was over. “You can do it,” she whispered to him, watching as he scuffed his feet and took off.

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines
Old 07-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

OOC: Gust isn't a weak move

Ranger Alex

-

Their battling style amused me. They were complete opposites and were each other’s weaknesses yet they battled pretty damn well together. It was obvious that they were friends, though, of course that was apparent before the battle when Larvesta was riding Drilbur but this just proved it more. I looked over at Chain who was just standing there with a strange face, not doing anything. I wondered why he hadn’t given his orders yet. Was he waiting on Ivy to give hers? I then noticed that Ivy’s Espeon was staring at Chain. Then it hit me, they were communicating telepathically. I hated not knowing what was going on, but perhaps it was for the best. Now that they were in contact with each other telepathically, they didn’t have to worry about Larvesta and Drilbur hearing their plans. I guess I was just going to have to watch carefully so I didn’t miss anything.

Finally, after several moments of silence, they appeared to have something in order. That or Dual got tired of waiting and just went in for an attack. To my surprise though, he didn’t head over in Drilbur’s direction. Instead, he was headed straight for Larvesta. His arm blades were giving off a dark aura and they grew at least twice their normal size. He sliced the area in front of the Bug Pokémon, sending it skidding back a few feet.

Then, Ivy’s Ambipom began getting pumped as he took a fighters stance. His two fists, plus the two on his tail started to really move. I could see his tail fists freeze up and he charged towards the Drilbur and slammed both of his fists into his sides. So I then realized that their plan was to switch targets, but my question was, how would the two wild Pokémon react?

Larvesta looked as if she had already lost more than half of her health, I wondered how much more it could take. Drilbur noticed this as well and moved in front of his friend and snapped his claws together like a boss. Taking that cue, Larvesta’s body then began glowing yellow and her small body quickly rose from the ground. Drilbur then slammed both of his feet down on the ground, sending seismic waves towards Ambipom and Gallade. The attack itself was pretty strong, but since there was two Pokémon on the field, it didn’t go at full force, that and the fact that burn lowered his attack meant not much damage was going to be done. However, the ground shaking did manage to knock them off their feet. Drilbur just grinned as if that was what he wanted.

Then a bright light blinded me for a few seconds. When it all cleared up, Larvesta was glowing white, she was healing herself up. Drilbur knew his attack wasn’t going to do much, but what he had really wanted was to give her a chance to heal herself up a bit. He was looking out for her. When Larvesta stopped glowing, she looked much better than she did before. She didn’t use Morning Sun to its fullest extent, but just enough to put her back in the game. They weren’t giving up that easily.

------------------------------

Battle Stats: Larvesta, F/Steadfast -Spd1- [51%] (Used Magnet Rise and Morning Sun) and Drilbur, M - Att/Acc1- BRN [54%] (Used Earthquake )

vs

Ambipom [79%] Used Double Hit, Ice Punch and Dual/Flame Body REF3 [54%] (Used Night Slash)

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Encountered by Winter: Litwick, Cubone, Heatmor, Larvesta
Pokemon Encountered by Chainy: Rapidash, Torkoal, Charmeleon, Drilbur

Encounters Remaining: 11
Pokemon Caught by Winter: Brave/F/Litwick
Pokemon Caught by Chainy: Naive/M/Rapidash, Naughty/M/Torkoal, Brave/M/Heatmor

Winter MCR: 61.9% Complete o21674/o35ooo
Chainy MCR: 67.1% Complete o16782/o25ooo

Name: James “Chainy” Carter (aka my Ranger)
Total Items: 2x ParkBall; 3x SuperBall; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 3x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Type Repellant; Blank Disk x2; Ponyta Voice Disk; Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch

Pokemon Stats (List your Pokemon Stats)

Pokemon: Gallade
Nickname: Dual
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[GHOST], TM60-Sunny Day, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM88-Brick Break, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look

Pokemon: Swampert - 66%
Nickname: Smash
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Jolly
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM03-Surf, HM04-Strength, HM07-Waterfall, HM08-Rock Smash, HM09-Dive, HM11-Rock Climb, TM13-Ice Beam, TM126-Stone Edge; TM129-Stealth Rock, Curse, Superpower, Yawn

Pokemon: Breloom
Nickname: Joey
Ability: Technician
Nature: Careful
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM03-Swords Dance, TM06-Toxic, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM94-Bullet Seed, TM69-Iron Tail, TM114-Fling, TM147-Low Sweep, Thunderpunch, Synthesis

-----------------------

Name: Ivy Frost (Going as my Ranger)
Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x3, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Darumaka), Poképlayer, Park Voucher (3.5k Value Left), Max Revive x2

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat
Ability: Inner Focus
TM: U-turn, Roost, Protect, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Steel
BM/SM/MT: Quick Attack, Brave Bird

Ambipom
TM: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Thunderwave, Taunt, U-turn
BM/SM/MT: None

Espeon - Haji - 100%
Nature: Calm
Ability: Synchronize
TM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind
BM/SM/MT: Heal Bell

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 07-22-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:26 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

(OOC: Thanks for posting so fast :3)

TP#20

Ivy smiled as she saw the two wild Pokémon continue to work together. It amazed her really, to see how the creatures in the National Park did what they had to in order to get by. It was fun to see the interactions between ones that lived in the same area, seeing the partnerships that developed. Sometimes she felt bad about taking them apart, but at least in this case she knew they'd be going to caring homes. Chainy was a great Trainer, and she was going to do better.

The Drilbur apparently was just buying Larvesta time with his attack, powering up an earthquake so she could first hover about the earth, protecting her from many ground-based attacks, and then heal herself using the sun's energy. She knew it had to be Morning Sun, since Haji had the same skill that he used earlier.

She was glad it had a chance to heal though. Due to its weaknesses, it had been wearing out a lot faster than the Drilbur. At least now everyone was on a more even level, and she figured they probably wouldn't knock her out if she could regenerate herself, though she wouldn't be able to do that forever.

That reminded her that Ambipom didn't have a healing move in his arsenal at the moment. She wasn't even sure he could learn a reliable one that could be used on the fly like Morning Sun or Recover. It meant she had to really watch his energy. She could recall him as a last-ditch effort, but she had a feeling he wouldn't be too happy with that. Part of her wouldn't be either, though she would do anything to keep him from getting too hurt. Part of her wanted to give him the chance to prove himself in battle since he was really at a bit of a disadvantage here.

Ambipom really wasn't suited to be a heavy hitter all the time, but there had to be some more tricky things they could do.

“That worked out great, Ambi!” she called, and she saw he looked a bit pleased. She wanted him to have a good time too, since he was doing all the work. At least the mental speaking had worked. She was a little concerned he wouldn't understand all of it, but he performed the attack perfectly.

Now she had to decide what to do next. She really didn't know how to work with Chainy like this. She wasn't a very experienced battler, and she couldn't seem to do a lot without ticking him off somehow. It was difficult. If the two wilds kept up their great teamwork though, they would probably do a ton of damage to them if they didn't pick up the pace.

Talking mentally didn't really help, at least, not for long amounts of time. She didn't think she'd be able to keep it up for more than a few seconds, and that wasn't good for planning. She didn't want to just take orders or give them quickly either though. That wasn't what teamwork was about. And they couldn't just speak them if they wanted to get the jump on the other two. While it worked when they were attacking individually, that was probably because it was staggered a bit so the other two didn't have time to plan a counter attack.

They were going to have to think of something though, or this battle would never end.

Ivy took another look out onto the field, catching the Larvesta again. She hovered easily above the ground, giving it protection and more maneuverability. It's neon blue eyes were still watching her, and she found herself smiling. The little worm definitely wasn't a pushover, and she knew she'd be a great addition to the team.

“Okay, here's what we're gonna do.” The monkey's ears picked up as she spoke. Ambipom's speed had came in handy before, so maybe it would again. “I'd like you to run around again, only this time use your Screech. Run around those two-” she pointed at the Drilbur and Larvesta waiting for them to move “-and then use your Sand-Attack too. We'll take our chances with the Drilbur's ability with the same instructions as before. Got it?”

Ambipom nodded and dashed off. Hopefully the Screech would knock the two off guard a little bit, and since he was running out there, it shouldn't affect Dual too much. The sand would maybe affect their hitting ability a little, or it might at least make them hesitate. At this point, she'd take what she could get.

She knew this plan left Dual to do all the heavy lifting, but she really didn't have much else.

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”

Old 07-23-2011, 01:11 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

I felt the channel between Ivy and myself open a couple of moments after I sent the message to her. It was similar to speaking with Dual or Haji or any other telepathically-trained person, but there was a kind of strange swirling in the background. Whenever I communicated with someone mentally, it was almost like we were standing on an empty plane, like on a highway in the middle of the countryside, right in front of each other. When speaking with Ivy, clouds and small pieces of debris blew around us not three metres away. I turned my head to look around, and I caught brief glimpses of images through the dust. I could see Haji curled up and in pain, but the image faded before I could discern the full extent of his wounds. I then saw a picture of a young man holding out a beautifully-wrought compass that was hauntingly familiar. It too retreated back into the haze. The last picture I managed to glimpse as my message was received was one of myself. It had the look of a professionally-painted portrait, except the edges were darkened and my face and chest were blurry, like the painter hadn't quite finished detailing them. I was about to try moving forward to get a closer look when I heard Ivy's voice echo around the plains.

"Alright," she said, short and sharp. She then severed the connection - her silhouette was replaced with pure darkness, which spread out and around the miniature worldlet until nothing was left but void. I was left hanging in the middle of the nothingness, and the way that Ivy had so quickly and callously cut the connection stung a bit. There were actually a few tears in my eyes but I brushed them away quickly, pretending some grit had got in them. At least I didn't need to contact Dual and tell him to swap targets - I wasn't up to mental communication right now.

It wasn't long before Ambipom shot off towards the Drilbur. Ivy must have given the monkey his orders telepathically, which made her rejection of me hurt even more. I bit the inside of my mouth to give myself resolve, and I watched as our two Pokemon rushed towards the wild ones. The dark energy around Dual's left blade was even thicker and larger now, and it wafted backwards through the air as he ran. Ambipom moved closer to the Drilbur, jabbing his hands like a boxer. Light blue mist began to gather around his large tail-hands and he charged the Ground-type, pushing both his ice-covered fists into the Drilbur’s sides repeatedly. At the exact same time, Dual brought his arm-blade slashing down towards the Larvesta, and the black energy detached before buzzing through the air. It hit the Bug-type and pushed it backwards, towards the Drilbur.

The Bug-type started to glow yellow, and the small wisps of flame that continued to flow around it moved to its base as it began to levitate into the air. Despite this, it moved slowly and sluggishly. The Drilbur seemed to notice this, so it stepped in front of its friend protectively. It clapped its front claws together before digging them deep into the ground. The mole then reared his back end up and slammed his rear feet into the ground. Small shockwaves moved outwards, slicing cleanly underneath the floating Larvesta. Dual and Ambipom were not so lucky – they were knocked over and pushed backwards by the attack. I could tell by the way that my Gallade wasn’t flung further that the Drilbur’s Burn was severely limiting its attack power.

A sudden bright light blocked out my vision. I rubbed my left eye – my right eye was fine, protected behind my visor. When my eyesight fixed itself, I noticed the Larvesta was glowing bright white – probably healing itself in some way. Not for the first time was I impressed by the partnership displayed by these two Pokemon. I knew I should be aiming for the same kind of synergy with Ivy, but I was too hurt with by her recent rejection.

“That worked out great, Ambi!” Ivy called out to her Pokemon.

I just barely avoided shooting her an incredulous look. I couldn’t really see how it worked out well – the Larvesta had just become impervious to Ground-typed moves AND recovered a load of health. The Drilbur had been hurt a bit I guess, but I certainly wouldn’t call it “great”.

“Okay, here's what we're gonna do. I'd like you to run around again, only this time use your Screech. Run around those two and then use your Sand-Attack too. We'll take our chances with the Drilbur's ability with the same instructions as before. Got it?” Ivy asked.

I couldn’t help but notice that the command wasn’t an offensive one. Typical woman, leaving me to do all the heavy work. Well I figured that if I worked on capturing the Drilbur quicker, it’d break up the dynamic duo, meaning Ivy could capture the Larvesta that much easier. I knew I was trying to justify being selfish and hurt, but the mental episode still rankled a bit.

“Alright Dual, let’s cut out the fancy crud,” I called. “Go hit that Drilbur with a nice hard Leaf Blade. Save your energy and concentration for now, we’ll probably need to pull off some complicated shiz later.”

Dual nodded and extended both of his blades back as far as they would go. He was good with combo attacks, but he also liked it when I simply pointed him at something and told him to go nuts.

Small tendrils of green energy began winding up his swords from their bases, growing wider at the beginning as they stretched upwards. As soon as they reached the tip, clumps of leaves sprouted outwards, reminding me of the clusters found on a Grovyle’s arms. The green energy began glowing brighter, and Dual leapt towards the Drilbur, being careful to avoid Ambipom. I already felt guilty for ignoring the Larvesta, but I was too hurt to seriously consider helping Ivy out. I just hoped she couldn’t see it on me.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 07-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

OOC: s-hit post, forgive me master

Ranger Alex

-

“That worked out great, Ambi!” she called out to her monkey partner. It was always good to see a Trainer praise their Pokémon, it made them work harder. At least that’s how I saw it. I’m sure it would prove right when Ambipom performed his next move. Then, Ivy spoke again; “Okay, here's what we're gonna do. I'd like you to run around again, only this time use your Screech. Run around those two and then use your Sand-Attack too. We'll take our chances with the Drilbur's ability with the same instructions as before. Got it?” Her long-tailed Pokémon quickly nodded and eagerly began the plan.

“Alright Dual, let’s cut out the fancy crud,” Chain called, getting in on the action. “Go hit that Drilbur with a nice hard Leaf Blade. Save your energy and concentration for now, we’ll probably need to pull off some complicated shiz later.” His attack was sure going to do a number on that mole Pokémon, I hoped he didn’t put out too much power.

Ambipom ran forward, letting out a horrible screeching sound. I was already used to it so the noise didn’t bother me, but I could tell it was really messing with Drilbur and Larvesta. He was also throwing small patches of sand into their faces. I wasn’t too sure what that would do besides get them angry. Maybe that was what she wanted. Dual took this opportunity to go in for his attack. His arm blades glowed green and he slashed hard at Drilbur, whose defenses were lowered. When Drilbur recovered from the attack, he quickly dove underground with Larvesta following close by.

Battle Stats: Larvesta, F/Steadfast -Spd1 Def-2- [51%] (Used Nothing and Nothing) and Drilbur, M - Att Def-2- BRN [15%] (Used Dig )

vs

Ambipom [79%] Used Screech , Sand Attack and Dual/Flame Body REF4 [54%] (Used Leaf Blade)

Trainer stats:

Winter MCR: 74.1% Complete o25955/o35ooo
Chainy MCR: 90.3% Complete o22572/o25ooo

Total Items: 2x ParkBall; 3x SuperBall; 4x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 3x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 16x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera; Fragrance; Type Repellant; Blank Disk x2; Ponyta Voice Disk; Black Aura Reader; Status Bomb x2; Love Potion; Max Revive x2; Premium Honey; Pax-A-Punch

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[GHOST], TM60-Sunny Day, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM88-Brick Break, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM126-Stone Edge, TM132-X-Scissor, TM134-Cross Poison, TM139-Trick Room, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM03-Surf, HM04-Strength, HM07-Waterfall, HM08-Rock Smash, HM09-Dive, HM11-Rock Climb, TM13-Ice Beam, TM126-Stone Edge; TM129-Stealth Rock, Curse, Superpower, Yawn

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM03-Swords Dance, TM06-Toxic, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM64-Protect, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM94-Bullet Seed, TM69-Iron Tail, TM114-Fling, TM147-Low Sweep, Thunderpunch, Synthesis

-----------------------

Total Items: Digital Camera, Super Potion x5, Full Heal x2, Hyperball x2, Superball x2, Parkball x3, Intermediate Voice Disk (Drilbur), Uncommon Voice Disk (Darumaka), Poképlayer, Park Voucher (3.5k Value Left), Max Revive x2

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%
TM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind

Old 07-24-2011, 12:31 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

OOC: Your forgiveness will depend on whether or not the Drilbur burns to death >_>

As Dual jumped towards the Drilbur, Ambipom sped into action. The monkey Pokemon ran in circles on his main four limbs around the two Wild Pokemon, using both of his large tails to spray dirt towards them. Ambipom also made a high-pitched screeching noise using what I presumed was his mouth, but I was surprised that he could make such an unsettling noise. I almost called Ivy out on this strategy - it seemed almost exactly the same as a command she had issued earlier in the battle - but I wasn't up to dealing with her at the moment. Instead I kept my mouth shut and watched as Dual brought his blades to bear against the Drilbur.

The mighty Gallade slashed the Ground-typed Pokemon twice, first with his left blade, actually forcing the mole Pokemon up into the air with the raw power of his strike. His right blade then scythed in from the side, drawing a thin cut across the small creature's body. The mole was sent spinning sideways and he tumbled over his friend's body onto the ground. I felt momentarily sorry for the Drilbur, but I soon cast the thought aside - this Pokemon had gone into battle willingly, and it seemed a rather proud Pokemon, much like Dual. I'd be insulting it if I pulled any punches.

For some reason, the Drilbur decided to go on the defensive. Dirt began to flurry high up into the air from within Ambipom's dust cloud - I could tell from the direction and the strength of the geyser-like gush of particles that it wasn't Ambipom's work. The Normal-type stopped sparying dirt everywhere so we could see what was going on. We were just in time to see the Drilbur dig a passage under the ground, and the Larvesta follow it underground. I was pretty sure the Pokemon wouldn't run, but this brought up the next potential problem - how to battle it while it was hiding underground. Every battler worth their salt knew that you could hit Digging Pokemon using Earthquake, but my objective here was to capture the Drilbur, not knock it out. If I knocked it out I wouldn't be able to capture it - being an Elite Ranger had given me a good grasp over all the rules, especially the well-known ones like this.

My main worry at this point in time was that the Drilbur would faint from the continual damage that was being inflicted by its burn. That was the absolute last thing I wanted. No, I needed a plan to get it into a Park Ball and only one course of action presented itself to me.

"Dual, your Reflect shield is going to fade soon, but don't worry about that, we're almost done with it," I said to him. "Instead, try to increase your mental powers with a Calm Mind. Worst case, I'm going to need you to teleport a Park Ball down into those tunnels, but hopefully it won't come to that. If it does, you'll need all the help you can get. Besides, a bit more special defense won't hurt if that Larvesta comes up spewing fire."

I could feel waves of agreement flowing through our mental link. Dual was approving completely of my strategy, which was a lot rarer than people would think. He almost always went along with my commands, but it wasn't common that he was fully compliant like this. Usually he had a dissenting opinion or an alternative I didn't think of, but instead of undermining my confidence or interrupting my flow during the battle we'd go over possible alternatives after each battle and thus grow through them together. Every single battle was a subjective learning experience with Dual, and I loved that.

Dual relaxed himself, and light blue energy began to gather around his helmet. Gallade weren't known for their special attacks - in fact, professional battlers often chose to completely eschew their mental abilities - but I hadn't taken this route. Sure, a lot of their energy abilities were stunted when they evolved from Kirlia, but with proper reinforcement Gallade could have a nice array of long-range techniques. This was what Dual was doing now - temporarily increasing his mental aptitude by clearing his mind. Not only would this allow him to strike out with his powers harder, he could also sense movements and intentions easier, which means that he could dodge faster and locate his targets quicker. I was relying on that last part to locate the Drilbur as soon as possible.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 07-24-2011, 03:38 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#21

Dual didn't do anything fancy this time around, he just hacked and slashed like he was best at. Sometimes it was good to be able to do that, she thought. Ambipom couldn't hit nearly as hard as the Fighting-type, so that was a little bit of a disadvantage in this case when they had to be trickier. There was a chance that Ambipom wouldn't be able to keep up with how much Larvesta healed. Eventually they would both wear themselves out, but she worried that Ambi would be the first one to tire.

The Leaf Blade streaked toward Drilbur, and she could tell the Ground-type was severely weakened from the blow. The burn was probably stacking up against him too. That didn't stop him from moving though, and with a flurry of claws, Drilbur dug himself a hole and disappeared underground. The Larvesta was quick to follow, and both of them vanished from sight.

Ivy worried her lip as she thought of what to do. While they were both under there, unless they pursued with a dig of their own (something she hadn't had the chance to teach yet, but was seriously considering it since this situation seemed to come up so often) and even then that was risky. They could wait up here, but then the two under the soil would come up somewhere sudden and probably inflict some damage. At least they had time.

She took a glance at Chainy, the wild Pokémon's teamwork reminding her of what she wasn't going. He wasn't looking at her, and she could tell from the stiff line of his shoulders that he was upset. Her head throbbed, but she tried to ignore it. He was probably a little hurt from her actions, and she bit her lip harder.

She couldn't help that the mental speaking thing was too hard right now. This whole thing was new as of today, and she didn't know how long it took to even out. There were too many things to feel and sense, and it was going to tear her mind apart if she didn't put a clamp down on it somehow. She didn't know how to explain this to him though, since mind speaking was out of the question and because he wouldn't even look at her, he probably wouldn't listen to anything she had to say.

She felt that bile build up in her stomach, and the first set of panic start to come down on her. Her breathing picked up a little as she lamented the sort of mess she got herself into. She didn't want to know how much worse it could get, but she was sure it couldn't be that much. Things were already so bad.

She was too prideful to ask Haji to apologize for her. Furthermore, he didn't have anything to do with it. It was her trouble, not his, and she wouldn't push that responsibility off on someone else, even if it was easier. 'I'm sorry' was one of the three hardest phrases in existence to say, and she believed it. Asking for help had been hard enough.

Besides, didn't he see how hurt she had been before just from opening the link? She nearly caved in on herself then, so adding more tasks onto that was suddenly a good idea?

Her thoughts whirled and her heart sped up as anger tried to surface, but she pushed it back barely. Her skin felt hot, and it wasn't from the Deckbi sun. Her mind was a whirlwind again, and she had to calm it down somehow. Oh, there was a battle going on.

“Ambipom,” she started and then sort of fell off as she didn't know what she wanted to say. He looked back at her with a semi-worried expression on his face, scratching the top of his head with one of his hand-tipped tails as he waited for her to continue. “Uhh... right, they're underground, so there isn't much we can really do right now.” Her thoughts were a mess, and it was really hard to concentrate. She was thinking about too many things at once.

“While we wait, Nasty Plot a bit. Stretch your imagination and your strength. Then...” She clasped the compass necklace around her neck, a reassuring gesture she hadn't done in a long time. In fact, the last time had been- She shook her head. “Prepare your Swift. As soon as you see something pop out of the ground, fire away. Just don't hit Dual and keep watch-”

She cut herself off with a hiss of pain as she gripped her head again. Things had been a lot easier before she was a Ranger, before her brother had disappeared. Maybe it was best not to worry about Chainy or any other people at the Park. Maybe it was easier to stay detached from everyone, that way, when they abandoned you or vanished it wouldn't hurt so much.

Ivy dropped to her knees as her head pulsed. She cried out, threading her fingers though and pulling at her hair as her thoughts swirled. She could see them moving around in an array of colors, twisting, looping, curling around one another and then exploding in another direction. There were so many colors. And though she had her eyes wide open, she couldn't see anything. There was only black behind the colors.

“I'm not going to be long, okay? Just a couple weeks or so. The team thinks we've really got something here, and I wouldn't miss it for the world,” a sandy-blond man told her, grinning while packing clothes into his green duffel bag.

Her brother had always been into excavating and investigating ancient ruins. It had been his life goal to discover something amazing ever since they were five and playing in the sandbox with cheap plastic shovels.

“Of course not, this could be your big break. You shouldn't miss that,” she said, though her heart wasn't in it. She wanted him to do the things he loved, but he was gone a lot, and a couple times he had only narrowly escaped being injured. He was only sixteen, a year older than she was. He was a valuable member of his team though, so he was needed.

He turned away to his dresser for a second to pull out the second drawer, reaching underneath all his socks for something. He faced her again and held it out, revealing a silver and mahogany compass threaded with a leather cord. It was beautiful, and she set it around her neck carefully, admiring his thoughtfulness.

“Hey, no long faces. Everything will be fine. Three weeks at max, I promise!” His cheery smile as he turned to her faded into blackness as her thoughts took her on a blast from the past.

She waited five weeks instead of three. There had been none of the usual letters, postcards, phone calls telling her of their progress and what they discovered. She remembered the day the man in the dark blue suit had came to her door. Though she didn't want to admit it, she knew what he was there for.

“I'm sorry, but your brother and his team have been missing for three weeks. They vanished, nobody knows...”

She could barely remember the rest of the words as she clutched the last thing she had of her brother, the compass leaving marks in the palm of her hand.

The images stopped, but they had already taken their toll on her. She was aware she was laying on the ground now, on her side, her legs curled up to her stomach and one hand clutching the necklace she wore. The dirt was hot under her, being warmed by the sun all afternoon. There was wet at the corner of her eyes, and she couldn't prevent them no matter how hard she clenched her eyes.

“Make it stop,” she whispered. “Please.” Her chest heaved with her heavy breathing.

Haji was crouched over her, one of his paws on her shoulder and his head close to hers. She could feel it. Gently, he spoke into her mind, and instead of the grating pressure she felt before, his voice was like a smooth current that took the hurt away.

“The others would like to know if you need them,” he said, and from his tone she knew he meant Haxbat and Ambipom, not Chainy and Dual. She suddenly wondered what Alex was thinking about all this. Poor Ranger. His first run too.

“No, it's okay,” she choked, curling up tighter as another wave of thoughts assaulted her. Haxbat was still scouting and Ambipom needed to focus on the battle. She could beat this if she could just stop thinking. “I just want it to stop.”

She felt Haji's energy flare, and then it was like a different sort of wave washed over her, cooling her mind with every spot it touched. The erratic jumping calmed, and the burning memories ceased, locking themselves away behind thick, iron bars that only she could lift. She'd never thought she'd have trouble controlling her own mind.

Slowly her breathing evened out a little, and she stopped trying to clench her eyes shut. She opened them to darkness and almost panicked again until she felt the Espeon's power still with her.

“I can't see anything,” she said calmly instead.

“Your mind is overtaxed. I believe it shut down a non-vital feature in order to save itself.” That was certainly an interesting way to put it. “It will come back,” he promised, and she contented herself to trust him. “Ambipom would like to know if you want him to continue.”

She saw piercing blue, which had to be in her mind, and she relaxed a little more as she imagined the Larvesta. She nodded. If they could finish this battle, they would be alright.

“Why is this happening?” she whispered, feeling chilled even though the sun was hot.

Haji paused for a second, debating what to say. “I have never seen a bond start this rough, but it is not a cause for alarm. It will settle.” He said it with such conviction that she had to believe him. He knew more about all this than she did. “It just means you are... complicated.”

She choked out a short laugh at that. That was one way to put it.

“We will rest after the Larvesta joins us. You will be fine.”

The words may have seemed cold, but she could feel the care in them, and she knew that yeah, she would be okay. Haji curled into her back, resting his head above hers on the ground, and they waited for something to happen. At least she was still coherent enough to give direction to Ambipom when he needed it again. Haji could be her eyes.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Ranger Alex

-

"Dual, your Reflect shield is going to fade soon, but don't worry about that, we're almost done with it," He said to his partner. "Instead, try to increase your mental powers with a Calm Mind. Worst case, I'm going to need you to teleport a Park Ball down into those tunnels, but hopefully it won't come to that. If it does, you'll need all the help you can get. Besides, a bit more special defense won't hurt if that Larvesta comes up spewing fire."

It was smart of him to think about teleporting a Parkball down there. Drilbur sure was looking weak and I wasn’t sure how much longer he could hold out. If he didn’t resurface then that must mean he passed out underground and I was going to have to go in and save him. If things were like this all the time then at least things would be interesting. It would probably take me a while to get used to though. Dual began relaxing his nerves and focusing his mind on the current situation. His whole body was glowing light blue. I wasn’t sure exactly how he would transport a Pokeball underground without knowing where it was, but I still thought it was a smart idea. It was better to be safe than sorry in this case, given his health.

I looked over at Winter, wondering what her orders were going to be. I figured she would attack Larvesta when it came back to the surface since it had rehealed. “While we wait, Nasty Plot a bit. Stretch your imagination and your strength. Then...” She said, stopping suddenly. “Prepare your Swift. As soon as you see something pop out of the ground, fire away. Just don't hit Dual and keep watch-” Winter looked lost in thought and I couldn’t help but to wonder what she was thinking about that was so important right now. Her mind was wandering, something that could make someone lose a battle if they did it for too long. Then she mumbled something, but it was too quiet for me to hear. I could, however, see her breathing hard. I was about to move over towards her to ask her if she was alright, but her Espeon beat me too it. I was beginning to wonder if she was experiencing some sort of hallucination from the heat. It was pretty hot up here and perhaps she did need to cool down a bit. I was going to have to end this battle if it continued, though, by the looks of it, it was already going to end soon.

Drilbur finally came back up, but he looked too tired to make perform moves. He collapsed to the floor, breathing heavily. This battle was sure tiring people out, Chainy was going to have to act fast and throw his Pokeball if he didn’t want the little guy to pass out. Larvesta followed out a few seconds later, looking sadly at her fallen comrade. Ambipom then hit Larvesta hard with a Swift attack. He sure didn’t waste any time.

I pulled out one of my Pokeballs and tossed it in front of me. A small baby blue bear with snot coming out of his nose appeared. I picked him up and slowly walked over towards Ivy. “Are you alright?” I asked. “Is it the heat? Because if it is then you could hold onto Needlenose to help you cool off a bit. His body is always cold so it should cool you down if you want.” I held out my baby Cubchoo to see if she would grab it. I hoped she did because I didn’t want her to pass out from the heat… if that was what was bothering her.

Battle Stats: Larvesta, F/Steadfast -Spd1 Def-2- [28%] (Used Nothing and Nothing) and Drilbur, M - Att Def-2- BRN [3%] (Used Nothing )

vs

Ambipom [79%] Used Nasty Plot , Swift and Dual/Flame Body REF5 SpA/SpD1[54%] (Used Calm Mind)

Trainer stats:

Winter MCR: 102.3% Complete o35811/o35ooo
Chainy MCR: 107.3% Complete o26827/o25ooo

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%

Old 07-26-2011, 02:11 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

I heard Ivy call out her command to Ambipom. “Ambipom,” she said haltingly, "uhh... right, they're underground, so there isn't much we can really do right now. While we wait, Nasty Plot a bit. Stretch your imagination and your strength. Then... prepare your Swift. As soon as you see something pop out of the ground, fire away. Just don't hit Dual and keep watch.”

It sounded kind of like Ivy was cut off before she could finish, but she didn't cry out and I refused to throw her a look to make sure. In a strange way, this wasn't just about my hurt pride - I didn't want to appear weak or worrisome in front of Alex or Ivy. Instead, I just watched the battlefield carefully for any sign that the Drilbur and Larvesta were emerging on the surface.

It didn't take long for the pair of Wild Pokemon to re-emerge. A small spout of dirt began pouring up into the air to Dual’s right – it reminded me of a brown geyser emerging from its hole. The Drilbur’s shiny silver claws were the first thing to emerge, shortly followed by the rest of its dark body. The little mole Pokemon climbed up out of its hole before collapsing, his arms and legs spread wide. Clearly Dual’s Leaf Blade and the Burn were sapping at its strength, and it was just about to faint. My time to attempt a capture was now.

I waited for the Larvesta to climb out of the hole as well – I didn’t want to hit it accidentally – and the Bug-type gave its fallen comrade a sad look. It didn’t have to worry, though – Jathan would make a great Trainer for this little guy. I then watched as a spray of silver stars smashed into the Larvesta and knocked it over – no doubt Ambipom’s attack. Again, I had to fight off the urge to take a look at Ivy. Instead, I looked over to Dual to give him his orders. I planned to assist Ambipom – just because I wasn’t very happy with Ivy currently didn’t mean I would let her Pokemon be hurt.

“Dual, get ready to Protect Ambipom if the Larvesta fires off a shot, seeing as our job is mostly done,” I ordered.

He grunted and shifted sideways towards the monkey Pokemon, being careful to watch both of the Wild Pokemon as he did so. His left fist was covered in a shimmering white energy field – at the first sign of Larvesta going on the attack he would slam his fist into the ground and a defensive shield would expand around him and Ambipom.

I pulled a small sphere out of the right side pocket of my pack, and when I pressed the button it expanded until it fit perfectly in my hand. The capture device had a camouflage exterior – overlapping swatches of green and brown and dark yellow. I squeezed the ball for good luck, and threw it towards the Drilbur.

As soon as I did, I felt a small waft of cold flow across my arm. I reflexively shuddered with pleasure – it was way too damn hot up here. I looked to the side and my eyes widened – Ivy was collapsed on the ground with Haji winding protectively around her. Alex was crouched low over her and holding a Cubchoo out towards her – probably using its natural cold as some sort of first hard remedy. Haji didn’t look too worried, so I didn’t run over to Ivy’s side, but I watched her carefully – at the first sign of trouble I’d be there to help her out. Ivy was my friend, and no matter what was wrong between us I’d help her out if she needed me too.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 07-26-2011, 02:30 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#22

It was really strange not seeing. She could still hear everything, and she couldn't help but jump at almost every little noise. Was that scuffling some wild Pokémon she needed to defend them next? Had a poacher come and surprised them? Was Ambipom hurt? She hated not knowing.

Haji soothed her thoughts with his calmness though, that cool wave that kept her mind even.

The Espeon reassured her that Ambi was fine and then told her that Alex was approaching. Then she heard the crunching of rocks under boots and sensed someone crouching down beside her.

“Are you alright?” Alex asked. “Is it the heat? Because if it is then you could hold onto Needlenose to help you cool off a bit.”

She sensed the cool air coming from whatever Pokémon he was holding, and Haji told her it was a tiny Cubchoo. They were so cute.

She tried to smile at him. “It's not the heat, but I'll be fine.” She said it, but she wasn't sure if she believed it. Still, she couldn't deny the cold air felt good on her hot skin. “Thank you for offering. Cubchoo are cute.” She reached a hand out, and with Haji's mental urging, she patted its head. “I've just lost might sight for a bit. It'll come back.” Again, she parroted the Espeon's words but didn't know how true they would be.

Now she had a problem though. She couldn't see, and there was still a battle going on. The Larvesta wasn't totally worn down yet, and she knew Chainy was going to have to capture the Drilbur really soon or else risk it fainting. That means she probably should too. On that thought, she wondered where her partner was.

“I believe I can help with that,” Haji said then, and from his tone she could he was referring to the battle.

He manipulated his energy with a twist and a flourish, and then she could see.

Well, it wasn't really seeing, she supposed. It was sort of like heat vision, only she knew she was looking at energy instead of body heat. Everything had some sort of shade, even the ground and rocks that many people thought lifeless. They still glowed with different colors in lights and darks and dims and brights. Forms dotted the field, and she had to study it for a second to figure out what it was.

A green and yellow form closed in on her with a rush, and she recognized it as Ambipom. He was worried, she thought, at least that's what seemed the green tint was from. When she looked, Alex had a similar shade. The yellow must represent his naturally cheery nature. He made sounds of concern and she shook her head a little bit as she tried to sit up. She leaned on the hand propping her up harder than she thought she'd have to.

“I'll be okay, Ambi. You're doing great!” She took a couple moments to blink her eyes more, trying to get used to this. She spotted a vivid blue form out in the field, and she pegged it as the Larvesta right away. She was the same color as her eyes. “This battle is ending soon, Ambi. I need you to listen closely for this one. Larvesta is hurt, but not down yet. I think a Thunder Wave should help us out. We need a little more damage though.”

She saw the energy swirling in Ambipom as he digested what she was saying. Then she continued. “Run up and use a U-turn, infusing the electricity in your hit. Try to aim the paralyzing wave for its star points or its softer body. I have a feeling that mane will absorb the shocks right up. Then backpedal back to me. Hopefully, if Haji can help me, I'll toss a Park Ball to you, and then you can hit Larvesta with it.”

She rummaged around in her vest pocket for the object, pulling out the ball she knew was green. She was lucky she knew her way around her equipment. “Got it, Ambipom?”

She felt the air move as Ambipom nodded his head enthusiastically, and he followed it up with an affirmative sound. She felt the dust kick up as he darted off to do what she asked. She palmed the ball in her hand as she waited. Hopefully this would work.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Ranger Alex

-

Ivy said it wasn't the heat, but I figured she just didn't want to hold Cubchoo. It was her loss because this little guy was not only extremely adorable, but the coolness he provided felt really good. I just shrugged and moved back to where I was standing. I watched as she commanded her Ambipom to do one last attack. Her speech was a bit slurred so I knew it had to be the heat, what else could cause this.

Ambipom went in and did one last attack, I wasn't paying too much attention because Ivy still looked as if she were going to pass out. Then I saw her heave her Parkball into the air, hitting the small Larva Pokemon and taking it in. I looked over at Drilbur who was already inside of a Parkball, captured. I had missed Chains capture of Drilbur. Then I heard the click from where the Larvesta last was which indicated it was also captured.

"Yeah, okay. You two caught them. Congrats. Let's go now." I said, trying not to sound too rushed. I hated being here; it was way too hot for me. I just wanted to be by the Lakes, enjoying the nice cool water. Hell, I would even rather be at Oktori where it was cold than here.

Battle Stats: Chain

vs

Winter

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Caught by Winter: Brave/F/Litwick, Mild/F/Larvesta
Pokemon Caught by Chainy: Naive/M/Rapidash, Naughty/M/Torkoal, Brave/M/Heatmor, Hardy/M/Drilbur

Winter MCR: 0% Complete ooooo/oooooo
Chainy MCR: 0% Complete ooooo/oooooo

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%

Old 07-26-2011, 11:03 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Ivy didn't seem to be in any serious trouble, which was good to see. I watched as she managed to get up into a sitting position before turning my attention back to the Drilbur. It had already been drawn into the Park Ball I had thrown and now was wiggling from side to side. After a couple of seconds it stilled and made the usual droning tone that signaled a successful capture.

I looked over to the side and heard Ivy give her commands to Ambipom. There was a slight shake in her voice, but it couldn't have been anything too serious if she was continuing the battle. Ambipom ran forwards and tackled the Larvesta, shedding electrical sparks as he did so. The Larvesta keened and fell onto its side and I saw a second Park Ball arc towards the Bug-type Pokemon. I covered my eyes, anticipating the red flare, and when I reopened them the Park Ball was laying still on the ground.

"Yeah, okay. You two caught them. Congrats. Let's go now," Alex said to us.

"Sounds good, but let's not go too high," I replied. "The thinner air would be murder."

I walked over and picked up the two Park Balls and gave them to Alex. Ranger Regulations stated that the Trainers didn't get to take captured Pokemon until they left the Park, and even though I was an Elite Ranger for the time being I was to be treated like a regular Trainer. I looked over at Ivy, considering offering her help up, but it wasn't my job to baby her, it was Alex's. If she wanted my help, she'd ask for it. I think.

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 07-28-2011, 02:46 PM
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official

TP#24

Hearing that Park Ball click was such a relief that she expelled all the air she had been holding. She heard Ambipom's cry of success and smiled as she felt him near, even though she couldn't really see him.

“Great job,” she said. “You've earned a good rest.” She took out Ambi's Pokéball and returned him, putting the ball back in the pocket where it came from.

Her sense-vision flickered for a second before evening back out, and then something dawned on her. She turned to her Espeon. “Haji, I think you're using too much energy. Are you getting tired?” He stubbornly refused to answer the question, and that gave her answer enough. “Okay, since we're not going to be doing anything but moving for a bit, I want you to cut the vision off. I won't really need it until the next battle, and who knows, maybe mine will come back by then.”

She felt him want to start protesting, but in the end he agreed and let the energy-vision fade away to a black that felt a lot more empty than it was.

“Yeah, okay. You two caught them. Congrats. Let's go now.” Alex sounded a little agitated, and it was probably because of Deckbi heat. In the middle of all her drama, she had forgotten about it.

She made to stand, and even though she had been getting up for years, it was a lot harder when she couldn't see anything. Her balance was off, and she almost fell forward onto her face if not for the hand that propped her up. She slowly stood, though her legs shook from all the time she spent on them without moving. Her arms were out to the sides and she took a careful step while she was still crouched a little.

It was almost scary not knowing where your foot was going. This was going to be a pain, and she had a feeling she was going to fall a lot. Maybe she should've kept Ambipom out to hold onto her hand. Oh well, too late now. Haji reassured her from her side, saying he would warn her of any large rocks. She thanked him and then stood up straighter. She was going to do this.

“This is probably going to be awful, but let's go.” She took a brave step forward with one of her hands slightly outward, blinking her eyes all the while, trying to get them to work again.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Ranger Alex

-

Ivy finally seemed to get a hold of herself. I was guessing since I brought them to the other side of the mountain now where the sun was totally beating down on us that she had time to cool off a bit. Even if she did say it wasn't the heat. What else could cause those symptoms. It was all signs of dehydration.

Needlenose curled up in my arms, slowly falling asleep. I felt a little like sleeping, but I knew if I did up here, I might not wake up. I hugged my little Cubchoo a little tighter, it was like holding ice, which right now was something I needed.

"Okay, I'm tired of going up, let's head back down." I called out to Chain and Ivy. Normally I would ask them were they wanted to go, but right now I didn't give a fuk and going up this mountain was too much right now. Perhaps if it were Fall or sometime cooler then I wouldn't mind. We began heading down the rocky mountain, making sure we didn't accidently slip.

We were almost at the bottom when I felt the ground rumble. First thing I did was make sure Chain and Ivy were still grounded and not rolling down the mountain, then I looked around to see if a Pokemon was causing this. I saw a small Rhyhorn ramming a rock. I looked a little closer and saw a Litwick just floating nearby.

"Those look interesting. Do you want them?" I asked. As I did, the Rhyhorn quickly turned around aimed his horn at Ivy. Litwick saw the commotion and floated over towards us. It circled me, then faced Chainy. Litwick looked at the Rhyhorn and the large rock Pokemon gave a small nod. They were going to team up and battle.

"What's with all these double battles." I grumbled.

Battle Stats: Litwick and Rhyhorn

vs

IDK and IDC

Trainer stats:

Pokemon Caught by Winter: Brave/F/Litwick, Mild/F/Larvesta
Pokemon Caught by Chainy: Naive/M/Rapidash, Naughty/M/Torkoal, Brave/M/Heatmor, Hardy/M/Drilbur

Winter MCR: 0% Complete ooooo/oooooo
Chainy MCR: 0% Complete ooooo/oooooo

-----------------------

Pokemon Stats

Crobat - Haxbat

Ambipom

Espeon - Haji - 100%

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 07-28-2011 at 10:37 PM.