Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Main Pokémon RP

Main Pokémon RP This is where the Main RP takes place, as well as special things like Group RPs. Trainers going through the Main RP can meet if they go to the same area.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:29 AM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default The Botanic Gardens

"This lovely area is a wide-open plains-lie area bursting with hundreds of different kinds of plants. Trees, flowers, bushes, fruits, vegetables...it's all right here! There are plenty of giant hollow logs where Pokemon hang out and a few ponds here and there. The grass is generally knee-high but taller in certain places. Ranger Outpost Number Five is located here."

^Rock Musical Bleach^
Old 06-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Buzzer Offline

Default Re: The Botanic Gardens

NBP:
"Buuuuzz, come on take the run. I really don't want to," Chainy whinged. The tall ranger was stood in Buzz's office holding the file. Buzz on the other hand was on relaxing on his chair, feet up on his desk, whilst staring blankly out of the window.

"Why don't you just give it to Ivy, she seems to take everyone now a days. Which is fine by, means I get to sleep," Buzz replied quickly.

"That's basically why, she is piled up with paperwork and won't be able to leave the office for about a month," Chainy said, Buzz noted a hint of disappointment in his tone. He had seen the pair spending more and more time together around the office and wasn't surprised.

"Fiiiine, gimme the file and get out," Buzz muttered, "but if this is another Mount Deckbi run, I'm going to kill you." Chainy chuckled and wandered out the door. The blue paper folder in his hand read Leo on the front. Leo was a fellow ranger and was also a collector. Desperate to have owned every Pokémon and have their data stored. Rumour had it that he had over a hundred and fifty Pokémon at the moment.

Buzz flicked the first page over revealing an image of the gardens and a Durant. There were some other notes on the page, but Buzz tossed the folder on the desk before reading them. Buzz quickly gathered his supplies and looked over to River Tam, his Xatu, who was resting on a shelf at the side of the room.

WAKE UP! Buzz yelled telepathically. This truly was a mean joke since the telepathic link between them was strong the thoughts amplified between the pair. River startled awake and fluttered.

"What in the hell do you think you are doing? Jerk!"

Well we have a run, to the Botanic Gardens. Buzz had already collected his supplies and was now wearing his black backpack filled with all sorts of useful items, but he knew he probably wouldn't be needing them. Leo was known for carrying a huge array of various items. Often rare Park Exclusive items. He had been at the Park for a long time.

River glared at Buzz, before darting directly at him. Buzz screamed in shock as the green bird flew straight into him. Right before contact River teleported the pair to the Botanic Gardens outpost to wait for Leo. Buzz began to breath heavily as the shock of the sudden teleportation wore off. "We're even now," River said landing happily upon the floor.

----

Trainer Stats:
Trainer: Cameron
Pokemon Encountered:
Encounters Remaining: 15
MCR:
Total Items: Honey (5x), Duo Type Repellent (1x), Deluxe Honey (2x), Full Restore (4x), Pokeplayer (1x), Durant Voice Disk (2x), Calming Fragrance Plus (3x), Soothing Fragrance Plus (2x), Calming Fragrance Max (1x), Pokedoll (13x), Digital Camera (1x), Park Balls (3x), Hyperballs (8x), Supreme Parkball (1x), Superball (3x), Master Ball (2x)

-----

Spoiler:

Pokemon: Houndooom
Nickname: Shadowpanther
Ability: Early Bird
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Dark Pulse, Solarbeam, Hidden Power (Ice), Sunny Day, Snatch, Torment, Taunt, Substitute, Will-o-Wisp, Payback, Sludge Bomb, Snore, Rest, Secret Power, Double Team, Captivate, Rest, Iron Tail, Facade, Swagger, Strength, Sucker Punch, Super Fang, Counter, Reversal
Other Info: Always out of his Pokeball and always have to bring him

Pokemon: Gardevoir
Nickname: Mindbender
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Calm
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunderbolt, Snatch, Grass Knot, Attract, Thunder Wave, Rest, Sleep Talk, Protect, Substitute, Reflect, Light Screen, Taunt, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power (Fire), Psych Up, Skill Swap, Rain Dance, Trick Room, Focus Blast, Swagger, Charge Beam, Energy Ball, Torment, Will-o-Wisp, Icy Wind, Encore, Will-o-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Heal Bell, Shadow Sneak
Other Info: (Anything else you want to mention here)

Pokemon: Porygon-Z
Nickname: Cybershock
Ability: Download
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Toxic, Thunder Wave, Substitute, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Hidden Power (Fighting), Psychic, Dark Pulse, Protect, Icy Wind, Trick Room, Rain Dance, Reflect, Pain Spilt, Barrier, Trick

Last edited by Buzzer; 06-08-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

OOC: OMG Durant better be in my list.

It hadn't even been two days since I was in the Park and here I was again. Finding the Durant was all that I wanted on this trip. As soon as I found one I was going to leave since that was all that I wanted from this area. Within the last two days, I met up with a scientist and paid him to create a stronger repellant, one that repelled both Normal and Grass types. He said he was certain it would work, but I couldn't be sure until I put it to the test. I knew a lot of Pokémon at the Botanical Gardens were either Grass or Normal types; Durant was Bug and Steel so I had a much greater chance of finding one this time around.

I turned towards Shadow when he started barking. It distracted me from my train of thought, but he was just signaling me that we were almost at the island.

I was pretty much a regular at the park. I had at least been into the area over ten times and captured over fifteen Pokémon in the park. I wasn’t sure if that was a record, but it sure sounded like one. I didn’t know anyone else who went through the park like I did. Hell, I could live there. The only place I hadn’t been to was The Woods and Mt. Oktori, but as of now, I didn’t really have a reason to go to the Woods. Mt. Oktori however was a different story. There I wanted Cryonogol, Timburr, Sawk, and Throh… perhaps even another Cubchoo. I was planning on going to The Outer Heavens after this for a Druddigon and perhaps a Farfetch’d.

Shadow was my first Pokémon that I had ever obtained. I had got luckily. I still remember the day like it was yesterday. I had went to the nearby hatchery to pick out my first Pokémon as an egg. My father knew the owner so he let me pick whoever I wanted. When he told me that, I was unsure of who I wanted to pick. I went through dozens of eggs looking for which one seemed right. He had at least over one hundred eggs in his daycare and out of all of them, I stopped at the small black and red egg.

“Are you sure this is the egg you want?” The tall muscular man said.

“I can’t explain it, but something is drawing me to this egg, calling me towards it. It’s like we’re meant to be.” I explained. “I know this is the one.” He just smiled and nodded.

“I know the feeling.” He grinned as his Aipom jumped onto his head. “That’s how I felt when I grabbed Aipoms egg over thirty years ago. He’s still the same old goofball he was back then.

From the day I grab Shadow’s egg, I could instantly feel the warmth flow into my body. The warmth gave me a sense of security. A flame was also created in me that day, the same flame that still burns in my body today. The first day I noticed Shadow’s egg beginning to hatch, I never took my eyes off of it. It took a couple of hours for him to hatch. Some hatchlings were instantaneous, but some, like Shadow took a while longer to hatch.

Shadow started backing again. I looked out of the boat and saw the island dead ahead. Five minutes later, the boat was pulling into the docks. Before the captain said I could get off, I jumped out of the boat and onto the land, Shadow followed be close behind.

I looked around at the island and took in a deep breath of the beach air. I wanted to just lie in the sand for a while, but I had come here for a reason, and I wanted to be quick about it. Unlike my other runs, I didn’t bring more than three Pokémon. Shadow, obviously, was my first choice. Mindbender was my second. She had been to all of my park adventures, except for the first. I hadn’t had her at the time. I felt lucky when I finally did come in contact with her. Her owner didn’t want her, but I sure as hell did. She was one of the smartest, skilled battler I had on my team. My last choice was Cybershock. Cybershock, being a Porygon-Z and all, was also one of the smartest, most strategized battlers on my team. If I needed a plan, he could come up with it and execute it to near perfection.

The walk towards the Gardens was relaxing, but long. It took about forty minutes for me to walk there, and I was speed walking. I walked towards the outpost at the Gardens. I saw Buzz, a Ranger waiting for me, he didn't look too thrilled about being here so I was going to try and make this as fast as possible. I walked up to him and shook his hand.

"I'm Cameron. Not sure if you know already, but I'm just here for a Durant. You don't look too happy to be here so I'll make this fast." I pulled out my repellent and sprayed myself with it, and then I sprayed the Ranger a bit. I knew he wouldn't like it, but if I didn't cover his scent with this spray then more Pokémon that I didn't want would show up. I pulled out my Poke player and inserted my Durant Voice Disk.

“So, shall we get moving?” I asked. “I don’t want to waste too much of your time and I want to find Durant as quickly as possible. This repellent I brought should do the trick. So that, along with this disk should make my chances incredibly high.” I had a feeling I had already gotten on this Rangers bad side, so I was going to have to work on not getting further down that list.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Buzzer Offline

OOC: OMG it was but yeah duo repellents =/= good encounter list.
NBP:
Buzz was stood at the edge of the outpost, when he heard a familiar barking. Sure enough, a guy and a Houndoom were walking towards him. He shook Buzz's hand. "I'm Cameron. Not sure if you know already, but I'm just here for a Durant. You don't look too happy to be here so I'll make this fast," he said.

Buzz was surprised, he hadn't realised he didn't look to happy. In reality he was just glad it wasn't at Mount Deckbi. Cameron swiftly pulled out a curious spray bottle. It was like the normal repels sold at the Park Shop but it was a different colour, Buzz assumed it was either a custom item developed by Cameron or he had won it in one of the Parks events.

Within seconds Cameron had sprayed himself in the repellent, and before Buzz could do anything about it; Cameron had sprayed Buzz in it too. It was an unpleasant combination of smells and Buzz wasn't entirely sure what he was repelling just from the smell. Although he guessed the easy way to attract a Durant was to repel Normal and Grass types, which were in abundance in the Gardens.

“So, shall we get moving?” Cameron asked. “I don’t want to waste too much of your time and I want to find Durant as quickly as possible. This repellent I brought should do the trick. So that, along with this disk should make my chances incredibly high.” He clicked in the Durant Voice Disk into his slightly worn Poké Player. A rather shrill call followed by a metallic scratching.

Buzz smiled rather blankly as the events had happened so quickly he could barely say anything. "Haha, yeah let's get moving, but don't worry about my time. We get paid by the hour," Buzz joked, "come on then. This way." Buzz pointed up a slightly dusty path amongst the green field. In the distance a small clump of trees could be seen. There were lots of flowers swaying gently in the breeze.

Buzz listened carefully and sure enough the same metallic scratching, from the disk, could be heard nearby. "Well, it seems like there is a Durant nearby, assuming i'm not mistaken," announced Buzz. Looking around, he couldn't see any sign of the Iron Ant Pokémon.

There was a sudden scuttling noise and Buzz found himself on the ground. The Durant had been underground and had decided to surface right beneath where Buzz was standing. The foot high metallic ant was known for its speed; it was the fastest of all steel types.

"Well here it is; I'm going to assume you want to battle," Buzz said standing up and stepping away.

----
Battle Stats:
?/?/Durant - 100%
vs

Trainer Stats:
Pokemon Encountered:
MCR: 5030 / 25000
Total Items: Honey (5x), Duo Type Repellent (1x) ACTIVE, Deluxe Honey (2x), Full Restore (4x), Pokeplayer (1x), Durant Voice Disk (1x), Durant Voice Disk (successful 1/5 used), Calming Fragrance Plus (3x), Soothing Fragrance Plus (2x), Calming Fragrance Max (1x), Pokedoll (13x), Digital Camera (1x), Park Balls (3x), Hyperballs (8x), Supreme Parkball (1x), Superball (3x), Master Ball (2x)

-----

Spoiler:

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Dark Pulse, Solarbeam, Hidden Power (Ice), Sunny Day, Snatch, Torment, Taunt, Substitute, Will-o-Wisp, Payback, Sludge Bomb, Snore, Rest, Secret Power, Double Team, Captivate, Rest, Iron Tail, Facade, Swagger, Strength, Sucker Punch, Super Fang, Counter, Reversal

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunderbolt, Snatch, Grass Knot, Attract, Thunder Wave, Rest, Sleep Talk, Protect, Substitute, Reflect, Light Screen, Taunt, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power (Fire), Psych Up, Skill Swap, Rain Dance, Trick Room, Focus Blast, Swagger, Charge Beam, Energy Ball, Torment, Will-o-Wisp, Icy Wind, Encore, Will-o-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Heal Bell, Shadow Sneak

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Toxic, Thunder Wave, Substitute, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Hidden Power (Fighting), Psychic, Dark Pulse, Protect, Icy Wind, Trick Room, Rain Dance, Reflect, Pain Spilt, Barrier, Trick
Old 06-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Bumblebee16 Send a message via MSN to Bumblebee16 Send a message via Yahoo to Bumblebee16

OOC: It's cool, this is all I came here for.

"Haha, yeah let's get moving, but don't worry about my time. We get paid by the hour," Buzz joked. I wasn’t sure exactly how much Rangers get paid, but I knew it was pretty good now since they all got raises, or so I heard. Must be nice. If I ever stopped collecting Pokémon, I was going to become a Ranger here. I already knew one of the Rangers pretty well, and one was even related to me, so I was sure I’d be good at it. "come on then. This way." He pointed up towards a dirt path that lead to a green field. There were a lot of flowers everywhere, so I didn’t see this as a place Durant would be. I figured Pokémon like Jumpluff or Skitty would be here. Since I didn’t see any Normal or Grass types, I could only assume that my repellant was a success. I would be sure it was a success when I actually saw what I had come here for. From what I read on Durant, they lived in complicated mazes. They new those mazes well, if I were to go into one, I would surely be lost for a long time. I knew Durant were pretty good at helping each other out, it was the only way to keep things organized in a place so big and convoluted. I wondered if it would make a good partner in a double battle. I would assume it would be great given how they are used to relying on each other in their natural habitat.

The scientist, Juan Pablo Gustavo III, who engineered this vile of repellant was well known around the world. I had known him before the world did found his talents. In fact, we had gone to the same university together and met in a genetics class. We were pretty tight there which is why he developed this repellant for me. With it, I would find a Durant in no time. The only downside was that I would hardly find anything else, which I suppose isn't really a downside for me. However, it wasn’t the only thing he made for me; he also enhanced my Pokeplayer to play louder and stronger than it already did. It was thanks to him that I found Ferroseed in my last Park expedition. I was currently training Ferroseed to learn Spikes and Stealth Rocks for battling purposes. I wasn’t sure how good it was, but I was going to find out soon enough. It was impressive what he could create. I was going to have him try and create a fragrance that attracted Druddigon since I was going to the Outer Heavens after I captured Durant. Druddigon was another Pokémon that really interested me. It was pure Dragon, and the way it looks was just amazing. From what I seen in battle, it was a great battling. It was strong and fast. It could also fly. I knew if I ever got one that it would be on my battling team.

I looked up and the clear skies and took in a deep breath. The Gardens was always nice this time of year. The sun was shining bright, but it wasn’t too hot, and there was a nice breeze. I looked down at the ground and small footprints. I knew immediately that they belonged to Durant. I looked more closely and saw much larger ones about a few feet away. I tried to follow the tracks, but they ended about a yard and a half away and led into the grassy field. I looked around carefully, trying to locate where they were, but I couldn’t find anything. I knew one had to be nearby, I could feel it. Then Buzz reassured me that one was real close. I felt a sense of relief. Like I had suspected, Durant was going to be the first Pokémon I encountered. I felt so lucky.

"Well, it seems like there is a Durant nearby, assuming I'm not mistaken," Buzz said. He hadn’t been looking on the ground, so I guessed he heard one nearby. If he did then, then one had to be close. With him hearing those sounds, and me finding those tracks, I was really close to finding one. I just had to look harder, one was sure to come to me.

“Yeah, one has to be here, I saw tracks right over there but it leads into the field.” I stated. “Can we go there and see if we find one?” I asked, but before Buzz could answer, the ground beneath him gave in and he fell to the ground. Where he had been standing now stood a Durant. The six-legged insect Pokémon hissed at us. I could tell it was angry, but I wasn’t sure why. We didn’t do anything, at least not purposely. Perhaps we were in its territory and it wanted us out. Or maybe it was the noise my Pokeplayer was making. Perhaps it thought this was a female Durant calling out to it and wanted to come make some love and saw us instead. Or maybe it was just pissy because it was that time of the month. Whatever the reason was, it was angry. I just hoped it wasn’t a territorial deal because things would get ugly.

"Well here it is; I'm going to assume you want to battle," He said, stepping back. It was obvious that I wanted to battle this Pokemon. It being the only reason I was here could answer that.

“Of course. After all, this is the only thing I came here for.” I grinned. “If and when I capture it, I’ll head out of the park. Gotta keep on schedule.” I checked my watch, it was only ten in the morning. If I was out of here before twelve noon, that was going to be a record for me.

It was completely steel-plated, everything but its black legs at least. Its incredibly large pincers snapped open and close pretty hard. It was sounded like two pieces of metal slamming against each other, which shouldn’t have been a surprise since it was also made of steel. I could only imagine how hard they were and what it could cut through. It must have been heavy to carry all that steel on your face, but that just showed how strong they were. It started at me with its large red eyes. The long rod antennas with large grab balls on the ends moved back and forth as it used them to see us better. I pulled out my Pokedex and quickly scanned it. Since Juan Pablo made stuff for me, I would help him out with his researches. One of those researches included scanning any, and all Pokémon I came across, even if I had already seen it. He, like I believed that all Pokémon had something special about them. By scanning them, it would quickly store all the details I couldn’t see, while I did the opposite. I put down all details on stuff like how it was acting or how it reacts to certain things. I clicked the play button to see the basic information on this Pokémon.

Durant – The Iron Ant Pokémon. Durant are usually one foot tall and weight around eighty pounds. Durant digs nests in mountains. They build their complicated, interconnected tunnels in mazes. They attack in groups, covering themselves in steel armor to protect themselves from Heatmor. They have the fastest speed out of all Steel type Pokémon.

I found it odd that their steel plated armor protected them from Heatmor, their arch nemesis. Heatmor was a Fire type which did serious damage to Durant, so I didn’t see how their armor protected them. It was just one of those things I was going to have to find out on my own by researching. This Durant seemed much bigger than what the Pokedex stated. It was at least two and a half feet tall. So now was the part where I had to choose who I was going to use to battle.

Houndoom was an excellent choice to use against this Pokémon. He had a lot of super effective moves on him that he could use and he could actually control how much power left his body. I wasn’t sure if Durant had any Fighting or Ground type moves, and if it didn’t then I would be safe in using him. Mindbender was risky to use. While she could hold her own, and she did have a Fire type attack, she was weak to Bug type moves. Durant, with both great power and speed was at a far more advantage. She did have an advantage as well since she was way smarter than it, and could easily come up with a plan to beat him, but it was too risky. Cybershock could also come up with a plan to take the Steel Bug down, but since Shadow had the most battle experience, and he actually wanted to battle, I was going to use him.

“Alright Shadow, you ready?” I asked. He barked happily, and then growled angrily at the Durant. He leapt forward and prepared himself for battle and awaited my command. “Okay, start this battle off with Inferno, if it dodges, send in Flamethrower.” Inferno was a great move that did a good amount of damage, and also burnt the Pokémon if it hit. I had never had this move executed before because it was too risky, and when it came to choosing move, I didn’t like to use anything that was not likely to hit. I was usually taking a more precautious route. This time however, I wanted to see what the Durant would do and just how fast it was.

Shadow arched his head back and created a vortex of blue fire that rotated around his head. Then, he fired it at Durant. I could feel the intense heat from the attack from where I was standing. There was a bit of doubt in my mind that the move would hit, but that was why I had Shadow use Flamethrower as a backup in case it missed. I could see him creating the orange flames in his mouth as he prepared to send off another Fire attack. Flamethrower was just what the name insinuated. It was just a large stream of flames that hit the opponent. It was a lot more accurate than Inferno, but I hoped it at least hit. It would sure save me a lot of time. I had to be careful though. If Durant was burned, I had to calculate it any of Shadow’s other moves would knock the Bug out. Both Bug and Steel type Pokémon were greatly damaged by Fire type moves, a Pokémon with both those types would be damaged double that, which was why I had to be careful on attacking this Pokémon. I didn’t want to ruin the chance I had here. If I did manage to capture a Durant, I was going to try and capture at least one more if I could and if it showed up next, if not, then I was headed out of the park with my new partner. I didn't want to get ahead of myself and assume I captured it before the battle even started. Having that mentaility in a battle was usually a sign that you were going to lose. I had to focus on battling rather than me already having it bagged. I looked back at Shadow and the blue fire that was making its way towards Durant. Everything appeared to be moving in slow motion.

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 06-10-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Buzzer Offline

BP
“Alright Shadow, you ready?” Cameron asked. He barked happily, and then growled angrily at the Durant. He leapt forward and prepared himself for battle. “Okay, start this battle off with Inferno, if it dodges, send in Flamethrower.”

Buzz was surprised although theoretically Shadow was a great matchup for Durant, fire was probably a great way to injure and risk knocking out the Iron Ant Pokémon. Buzz reasoned that a seasoned veteran of the Park knew what he was getting himself into.

The black as night Houndoom stepped up rearing his head unveiling a swirling vortex of blue flames. This was a strong attack for a Gentle Pokémon but it was still early in the battle. Its head dropped and the torrent of fire was projected towards the wild Pokémon.

It seeemed the Durant had expected the head on attack though. It scratched its claws right before slamming them hard into the ground. A large pile of earth was dragged up forming a wall between them. Buzz could only assume it was an adapted Stone Edge technique, and since the ground wasn't rocky; he wasn't sure it would fully work.

The Inferno struck the earthy barrier and small spirals of flame showered in all directions. The wall showed signs of weakness as the sheer power of the blaze began to force its way through.

Suddenly the wall crumbled and the blue Inferno washed over the small Ant Pokémon. A great metallic screech as it howled in pain; fortunately it looked as though the Earth Edge had done its job. It didn't seem to have done as much damage as it could have. There were scratches in the hardened armour coving the Pokémons body revelealing its dark skin. The skin looked burnt and singed, as Buzz noticed the Durant stagger in pain once the attack had ended.

Durant then took off, just as Houndoom had begun to release its Flamethrower attack. The beam of red flames headed towards the Durant, but it was faster. Darting left of the flames it was already upon Shadow, caught in its razor sharp jaw it began to squeeze the Houndoom. Shadow suddenly found itself upside down. Ants were well known for being able to lift many times their body weight. The vice like jaws tightened.

Buzz wondered what Cameron would do to his partner out of this danger. Durant seemed to be smart enough to deflect and dodge straight forward fire attacks, presumably used to being hunted by Heatmor.

OOC: Gender?
----
Battle Stats:
?/m/Durant - 79% [BRN] - [Adapted Stone Edge | Vice Grip]
vs
Gentle/m/Houndoom - 89% - [Inferno | Flamethrower (missed)]

NOTE: Indicates complete move | Indicates active move

Trainer Stats:
Pokemon Encountered:
MCR: 15081 / 25000
Total Items: Honey (5x), Duo Type Repellent (1x) ACTIVE, Deluxe Honey (2x), Full Restore (4x), Pokeplayer (1x), Durant Voice Disk (1x), Durant Voice Disk (successful 1/5 used), Calming Fragrance Plus (3x), Soothing Fragrance Plus (2x), Calming Fragrance Max (1x), Pokedoll (13x), Digital Camera (1x), Park Balls (3x), Hyperballs (8x), Supreme Parkball (1x), Superball (3x), Master Ball (2x)

-----

Spoiler:

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Buzzer; 06-11-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

Inferno was set of almost perfectly. It didn’t do as much damage as I had wanted, but it was good enough for now. Right as Shadow launched his Flamethrower attack, Durant took off. It swiftly evaded Shadow’s fiery hot flames, it was faster than I expected. I knew it was fast, but being faster than Shadow was something I didn’t see. That was going to be a problem. I usually relied on his speed to win me battles. Shadow was already faster than the average Houndoom, but he was too slow for this metal Bug Pokémon. Before I could even react and call out another move, Durant lunged in and caught Shadow in his sharp jaw pincer things. He quickly began squeezing tight. Durant easily lifted Shadow off of the ground and turned him upside down. These Pokémon were known to be able to lift things much heavier than themselves, though I doubted Shadow weighted more than Durant. I thought I had come here knowing all I need to know on Durant, but I had forgotten to check their move pool. I wasn’t quite familiar with it so I wasn’t sure what moves I would be up against.

I had to think of something fast. Something to get him out of Durant’s grasp. I didn’t want to risk having Shadow use a Fire type attack on the Durant at point blank range. Also, with Shadow in pain and upside down, he would probably underestimate the Durant and accidently attack it too hard and knock it out. I didn’t want the possibility of Durant accidently being knocked out. The park had a policy that you couldn’t capture a Pokémon if it was unconscious. I wasn’t sure why, it made things easier, but that was the rule they had in place. Then again, I didn’t have much of a choice. Shadow didn’t know too many moves, and the ones that he did weren’t going to do much damage to the Ant Pokémon. I was going to have to risk using a Fire type attack or have Shadow continue to get hurt.

“Alright Shadow, use Fire Fang on Durant’s. If and when it let’s go, I want you to use Double Team.” I called out. I knew that if he used just the right amount of power, he wouldn’t knock the beast out and Durant would release Shadow. I figured that if Shadow bit Durant right on the head, Durant would loosen his grip enough for Shadow to escape. It was a long shot, but I didn’t have much of a choice.

Fire Fang pretty much looks how it sounds. Shadow’s mouth would fill up in flames as he bit down on his opponent. Fire Fang often flinched the opponent, which is what I was hoping would happen so that Durant would let Shadow go. If he was released, he would quickly make clones of himself and surround the opponent. Usually it was four of five illusions, but it just depended on the situation and how much energy he had left to create these clones. If he pulled that off, then I would try using a fragrance to calm the Iron Ant Pokémon down long enough for me to throw a Hyperball. All I needed was a few seconds to aim and throw the ball, and then luck would have the Hyperball close shut and me capture what I came here for. It seemed like a done deal, but I still needed this play to go through.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Buzzer Offline

BP:
“Alright Shadow, use Fire Fang on Durant’s. If and when it let’s go, I want you to use Double Team.” Buzz nodded, it seemed like a good idea. Durant was a Physical Pokémon, so it had a better chance of withstanding a Fire Fang. Especially given that Fire Fang wasn't a particularly powerful move.

The Durant appeared to hear the call for the attack, since its grip tightened squeezing the Dark Pokémon. Shadow let out a howl of pain and anger as its mouth flooded with the flames. Swinging his head around Houndoom threw its fangs down upon the Durants bug like head.

A curious harmony between the Durant's spine tingling screech and Shadow's howls of agony as the Durant pincers held on. Buzz was anxious to see who would give out first.

The scratches on Durant's back flared in flames as the burn wretched its body. A lapse in Durant's concentration and Shadow was free. The Houndoom took off in a blur of light.

Illusions of Shadow appeared surrounding the metal ant, who was now clambering back to its feet. Scuttling around it loooked at each of the Houndoom now surrounding it.

It didn't look too sure as what to do, it seemed to take the opportunity to bolster its own defenses. A silver glow surrounded its body as the steel that covered its body strengthed.

The Durant was beginning to look pretty tired, and Buzz knew from here on out Cameron would have to be careful as not to overpower the bug type. Buzz had never had a trainer knock out a wild Pokémon before. He couldn't imagine it happening to him.

Buzz watched on curious to see how Cameron would utilise the multiple Houndoom illusions upon the battlefield. There was still a way to go in the battle, but it looked like Cameron had everything under control so far.

----

Battle Stats:
?/m/Durant - 46% [BRN][DEF+2] - [Vice Grip | Iron Defennse]
vs
Gentle/m/Houndoom - 70% - [Fire Fang | Double Team]

----

Trainer Stats:
Pokemon Encountered:
MCR: 18146 / 25000

-----

Spoiler:

Last edited by Buzzer; 06-11-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Bumblebee16 Offline

OOC: You forgot character count for last post

Shadow and Durant went head on with their attacks, neither looking to give up even the slightest bit. Then, Durant’s burn luckily kicked in and he let go of his grip. That was a close call, but I had a feeling Shadow still would have kept it going for a while longer if he needed too. It was a lucky break. Shadow instantly created his illusions just as I had instructed with perfection. Now the Durant was going to have trouble finding the real Shadow. While he tried to, Shadow could easily get off one last attack before I threw my Hyperball at Iron Ant Pokémon. I pulled out my Hyperball and my Calming Fragrance Plus.

“Alright Shadow, use Dark Pulse.” I called out. Even at full blasts I didn’t think it would knock the Iron Beast out. I wasn’t sure what else to use. I was definitely not using another Fire attack, it was too risky. The only other thing was physical attacks and I didn’t want Shadow to get too close to the Durant. I was fairly confident that Dark Pulse would be all I needed to capture the Pokémon. I didn’t want to be too cocky, but like I said earlier, being too confident was not always a good thing. I knew Durant still had some fight left in him so he could still pull some crazy attack. I couldn’t let me guard down yet. Shadow and his clones moved forward towards the Durant, I could see a dark ring of energy forming around the necks of Shadow and his clones. They twirled their necks, spinning the Dark Pulse around faster and faster until mini disk of energy flew off and headed straight towards the Iron Ant Pokémon.

As soon as I saw that, I pressed the center button on my Hyperball and enlarged it. Then I quickly let the fumes from the bottle flow out and go towards the wild Pokémon, hopefully calming it down a bit. The Calming Fragrance usually instantly relaxed the wild Pokémon, at least to my knowledge that’s what it did. I watched the ball soar through the air, just seconds behind the Dark Pulses. It was going to be a close call, but I think I timed it right. If not then I was going to have to try again quickly, but the odds seemed to be in my favor.

Last edited by Bumblebee16; 06-11-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Buzzer Offline

NBP:
Buzz saw Cameron grabbed something from his pack. Buzz spotted a Hyperball, this was the best ball the Park Shop offered, usually reserved for the fully evolved Pokémon, but also useful if you wanted to boost a capture chance.

Buzz was sure Durant still had some fight so Cameron would have to time his throw right. "Alright Shadow, use Dark Pulse,” he called out. Wach of the Shadows opened his mouth and a black sphere of energy formed. The swirling vortex was released towards the Durant. Each image producing its own illusion.

Cameron pulled a trigger from a small bottle, given the timing Buzz assumed it was upgraded Calming fragrance, he wasn't close enough to smell what was released. Buzz watched as the Hyperball flew through the air seconds behind the masses of energy. The Durant panicked and tried to dodge, but even with its speed it just wasn't quick enough.

In a blur of light the Dark Pulse connected swiftly followed by the red beam of the Hyper Ball's activation. The ball fell to the floor and Buzz waited for the ping of a successful capture. The air seemed to be devoid of noise, though that might just because all the Pokémon in the Gardens had been repelled by the custom repellent. It gave a defiant shake before finally steadying.

"Well looks like you caught your Durant," said Buzz; walking over to the now steady Hyper Ball, he picked it up and slotted it into the bag. Buzz turned to Cameron. "So I guess thats it now; you sure you don't want to go for a wander further into the Park? If you don't its cool I can get us back to the outpost in no time."

----

Battle Stats:

----

Trainer Stats:
Pokemon Encountered: Durant
Encounters Remaining: 14
Pokémon Caught: Hardy/M/Durant.
Total Items: Honey (5x), Duo Type Repellent (1x) ACTIVE, Deluxe Honey (2x), Full Restore (4x), Pokeplayer (1x), Durant Voice Disk (1x), Durant Voice Disk (successful 1/5 used), Calming Fragrance Plus (3x), Soothing Fragrance Plus (2x), Calming Fragrance Max (1x), Pokedoll (13x), Digital Camera (1x), Park Balls (3x), Hyperballs (7x), Supreme Parkball (1x), Superball (3x), Master Ball (2x)

-----

Spoiler:

Pokemon: Houndooom - 70%

[/QUOTE]
Old 06-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Bumblebee16 Offline

OOC: Okay, trip done.

"Well looks like you caught your Durant," said Buzz; "So I guess thats it now; you sure you don't want to go for a wander further into the Park? If you don't its cool I can get us back to the outpost in no time."

"Na, that's it for me." I said, "I'm done here. I've got to get ready to go to Mt. Oktori for some stuff. Thanks for taking me through. Now if you'll escort us out, that would be great. Let's go Shadow."

Old 06-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Buzzer Offline

RUN ENDED BY TRAINER REQUEST

Trainer Stats:
Pokémon Caught: Hardy/M/Durant.
Total Items: Honey (5x), Deluxe Honey (2x), Full Restore (4x), Pokeplayer (1x), Durant Voice Disk (1x), Durant Voice Disk (successful 1/5 used), Calming Fragrance Plus (2x), Soothing Fragrance Plus (2x), Calming Fragrance Max (1x), Pokedoll (13x), Digital Camera (1x), Park Balls (3x), Hyperballs (7x), Supreme Parkball (1x), Superball (3x), Master Ball (2x)

Last edited by Buzzer; 06-12-2011 at 11:30 AM.