Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Other Boards Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Grsspkmnmaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Grsspkmnmaster
Default Re: [SC2] Dominion of Psionic Swarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Protoss is just so easy to do with a powerful and easy strategy that most newer players can't deal with at all. For zerg, the exchange is that your defenses suck and you can't turtle well (whereas Terran is the best at the turtles).
The trick with Zerg is knowing EXACTLY what you are doing, and following through on that. A lot of Zerg players, imo, don't use Creep the way they should, and instead try to use the production intensity of an early Hatchery to spawn a large army and then throw it against a Terran wall-in or a Protoss army guarding bases. With Zerg, you have to be a little more ... sneaky.

And Spine Crawlers aren't that bad, they outrange almost everything, and once you get enough of them you can kill pretty much any bio-ball thrown at you. I like using them more for contains by abusing Overlord's Creep ability.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Well the thing is, zerg is just SO micro intensive. I mean, you have to inject larva so many times that it's not even funny.

Spines are still of limited use. 7 or 8 spines still lose to a single Tank/Colossus.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Grsspkmnmaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Grsspkmnmaster

Quote:
Well the thing is, zerg is just SO micro intensive. I mean, you have to inject larva so many times that it's not even funny.

Spines are still of limited use. 7 or 8 spines still lose to a single Tank/Colossus.
True about the micro-intensive, but hotkeys are magical things. It's just something you have to get used to.

Well, obviously Spine Crawlers aren't the best unit since sliced bread, but they do provide some solid static defense on a very wide range of levels.

Has anyone else here watched the Boxer/NaDa versus TLO games?

Old 10-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsspkmnmaster View Post
True about the micro-intensive, but hotkeys are magical things. It's just something you have to get used to.

Well, obviously Spine Crawlers aren't the best unit since sliced bread, but they do provide some solid static defense on a very wide range of levels.

Has anyone else here watched the Boxer/NaDa versus TLO games?
Yeah about that. I do use hotkeys, though since I've mainly been doing protoss, I've been a bit more lenient on that due to the warp gate-dedicated key. It's a matter of actually remembering to do the little remedial tasks like injecting larva that makes zerg so difficult to play. That kind of micro-intensive is not exactly healthy for the race.

Spines, I just don't like them for contains, since they simply are nowhere near as good as a bunker or a cannon contain. On defense, you rarely need a couple, unless you're desperate.

TLO owning Boxer and Nada's faces? Yeah I've seen those. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JSfzuoYSo8&feature=sub
Excellent defense from Chita against Miles.

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 10-23-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Won my first placement match today. I finally figured out how to connect to battle.net here. :D

Anyways, it was a PvP mirror that I was facing against. It was in Lost Temple. I early scouted (on the 9 pylon) to see that my opponent was cross-positions from me and forge-FE (I gated early because I was fearing cheese). Unfortunately I already had a gateway down. That's OK, since I'll be able to catch up a bit with my own forge FE.

My scouting probe was attacked during this time, and I basically took the time to go everywhere but my actual location to waste my opponent's time as much as possible without revealing my location too much.

After that, I went into macro-mode and pumped probes. It was weird, since I kinda forgot to get down assimilators and cyber cores until quite late. Warpgate didn't show up until quite a while after. I tested his front door, which was filled with cannons. Cannons mean macro time as he wasted so much minerals doing nothing.

I then got myself a robobay with observer to check out what my opponent was doing after a bit of macro and saw that he was going with like 3 or 4 stargates. That was basically telling me that he wasn't going to push out for a while and probably didn't have much of anything to defend with either. I also scouted his gold expansion at this point in time, so I matched him with my own gold.

I pressed my advantage of having a more mobile force and tested his gold. It was lightly defended and was taken out with ease. In hindsight I should have scouted for the hidden expansion at this point in time, but I didn't end up doing that. Instead I got an observer and blinked up to his main. There I saw a bunch of carriers, which my incredibly large stalker count demolished. I went on to pressured his main and his natural until that died. In that meantime, I took my 4th.

After the transfer from my main to my 4th base, I looked for his hidden expansion. He tries to defend with stalkers and DT's, but my extremely large stalker count along with my large trust fund just allowed me to steamroll the base ignoring the DT's entirely. Even if he tried to harass with DT's, all I needed to do was cannon up front and he wouldn't have been able to do anything anyway.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Sorry I haven't been active, I haven't even been able to play any computer games lately. For some reason, something called taskhost is sucking up 50% of my RAM at all times, and it makes a game that's already running badly on my computer run far, far worse than before. I have also tried to search for a permanent solution and there really isn't one besides reformatting and reinstalling everything. And frankly, I've had to do that so many times with this crappy computer that I don't even think that will do all that much in the long run.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Sorry I haven't been active, I haven't even been able to play any computer games lately. For some reason, something called taskhost is sucking up 50% of my RAM at all times, and it makes a game that's already running badly on my computer run far, far worse than before. I have also tried to search for a permanent solution and there really isn't one besides reformatting and reinstalling everything. And frankly, I've had to do that so many times with this crappy computer that I don't even think that will do all that much in the long run.
Hey no probs. It's not like I have much time myself anyway. I was just trying out stuff to start with anyway, since I've never tried before outside of super-lag with rust.

I just noticed that I completely forgot about glhf at the beginning of the match. >.>

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 11-21-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Hoshika Offline

yes i feel very limit as zerg compare to terran or protis

terran can get out thing like thor or even battlecruiser extremely quick if they wish to do so...

protis can get out colosuss rly quick or go thing like phoenix harass or just mass HT

zerg just feel very limited it take forever for us to get broodlord or ultralisk compare to thor or colossus and i feel like we do not even have a unit on par with carrier or battlecruiser...could just be that way since i feel like our unit are weakest out of 3 race

-----

Doctor Bubbles: i feel very limit as zerg compare to terran or protis
Nova #PcS: i mean
Nova #PcS: why dont we get invisible protis snipers
Doctor Bubbles: i hate protis overservers
Nova #PcS: no those are the aliens ones
Doctor Bubbles: wat omg
Doctor Bubbles: sorry i ment obseers
Nova #PcS: wat
Nova #PcS: oh them
Nova #PcS: there realy gonying
Nova #PcS: i hate the big bug shoters that the protis have
Nova #PcS: they shot lots of little bug that shot lzers
Nova #PcS: its hard to kill them all
Doctor Bubbles: wut little bug wif lazers?
Nova #PcS: like
Nova #PcS: the big mom bug
Nova #PcS: that shoots all the little bugs that fly around
Nova #PcS: and shoot you
Doctor Bubbles: dats the aliems
Nova #PcS: the protis thing
Nova #PcS: no not the daddy bug
Nova #PcS: that big ship
Nova #PcS: that shots little bugs
Doctor Bubbles: o that
Doctor Bubbles: but protis cant hav 2 mommies???????
Nova #PcS: no its not the momy that other thing
Doctor Bubbles: but wat is dadddy
Nova #PcS: oh the alien flying stinger ray
Nova #PcS: that shots the little bugs
Doctor Bubbles: no dats colosas
Doctor Bubbles: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Doctor Bubbles: dats the daddy?
Doctor Bubbles: but dats aliems unit
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Brilliance in every way. XD

Also, Protoss needs a boost. GSL3 is giving us that kind of implication. Interestingly enough, Zerg was the smallest of the 3 races to enter the prelims, but came out ahead of the other two races in RO64. Then again, there aren't any like good Protoss players around either. Tester didn't even qualify for any of the 3 GSL's. Genius is...meh. HuK really just didn't grow at all as a player since beta. I haven't seen any games from the Duckload himself for quite a while either. On the other hand, you see monsters like Rainbow, SlayerS_BoxeR, Ellen Page, Nestea, TLO, and Fruitdealer.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Name: James :')
Character ID: Achilles
Character Code: 811.
Region: Europe
Race: Z/P, mainly P.

and in responce to Kenny, I don't think protos need any kind of buff. 3 gate robo is a powerful build against almost anything, even pushing with 4 gate keeps your opp locked down, giving you time to expand. Air dies to stalkers. MMM dies to HT's, which you cane asily get while pushing.
If anyone needs a buff, it's zerg, but I think everything is preety even.

Im juut a low leveled player though, so yeah. Im evenly matched against top golds but I ceeb getting the points to get promoted into gold.

Oh and one more thing, you havent seen much of Duckload because hes playing ladder, he's officially #1 in Europe on the ladder with 1.4K games played.

Last edited by Masami; 12-03-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
and in responce to Kenny, I don't think protos need any kind of buff. 3 gate robo is a powerful build against almost anything, even pushing with 4 gate keeps your opp locked down, giving you time to expand. Air dies to stalkers. MMM dies to HT's, which you cane asily get while pushing.
If anyone needs a buff, it's zerg, but I think everything is preety even.

Im juut a low leveled player though, so yeah. Im evenly matched against top golds but I ceeb getting the points to get promoted into gold.

Oh and one more thing, you havent seen much of Duckload because hes playing ladder, he's officially #1 in Europe on the ladder with 1.4K games played.
You're in the roster now. :3

I dunno man. Terran usually can close off the series before colossi show up. the consensus is that generally Terran has the upper hand until the late game, where Protoss has the upper hand. Honestly, teching to HT and colossi really takes a long time, and colossi needs a lot of zealot/stalker support, since a handful of stimmed marauders > colossi. I like the dynamics PvT has for sure, though. Zerg's doing fine after the buff they got. The only real issue with zerg is that it's too APM-intensive with creep spread, spawn larva, etc. Honestly, if only Queen had the nest ability on top of her other abilities...

I honestly have no idea what Ra does half the time, since I though I saw him on SC1 a little while ago. He didn't do that well in Dreamhack, though 1st and 2nd are taken by his teammates. Mous had an impressive showing. Liquid was disappointing after the impressive showing in Dallas.

In other news, Liquid Jinro is the second Code S foreigner in the GSL (the first being Idra with him qualifying all 3 times for the GSL). I always thought that someone like TLO would get it first, but after seeing Jinro in Dallas, he looked like he was primed to get up there in the GSL.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Quote:
You're in the roster now. :3

I dunno man. Terran usually can close off the series before colossi show up. the consensus is that generally Terran has the upper hand until the late game, where Protoss has the upper hand. Honestly, teching to HT and colossi really takes a long time, and colossi needs a lot of zealot/stalker support, since a handful of stimmed marauders > colossi. I like the dynamics PvT has for sure, though. Zerg's doing fine after the buff they got. The only real issue with zerg is that it's too APM-intensive with creep spread, spawn larva, etc. Honestly, if only Queen had the nest ability on top of her other abilities...

I honestly have no idea what Ra does half the time, since I though I saw him on SC1 a little while ago. He didn't do that well in Dreamhack, though 1st and 2nd are taken by his teammates. Mous had an impressive showing. Liquid was disappointing after the impressive showing in Dallas.

In other news, Liquid Jinro is the second Code S foreigner in the GSL (the first being Idra with him qualifying all 3 times for the GSL). I always thought that someone like TLO would get it first, but after seeing Jinro in Dallas, he looked like he was primed to get up there in the GSL.
Nah, TLO will never do exceptional well in tournaments because what he does best is crazy and inventive plays, which don't work against top top players.
As boring as it is, he'd do so much better if he played 'standard'. Dreamhack was a good, alot of good games to watch there. I didnt watch Dallas but I know about it. I think Starcraft is in a stage where the power is shifting, whereas we used to say the top players were TLO, whiteRa, Idra, all of them aren't performing well. It's in a stage where a lot of pro are quickly improving.

And about TvP, well you got a good early game defence in stalkers and sentries. Midgame can be tricky, but on maps like Metalopolis, the key really is sentries in my opinion, good force fields can break up a MMM ball and guardian shield really does reduce their effectiveness. Immortals are INSANELY good against terranl. And aslong as a terran doesnt go very early aggresion, you can get quite a safe 1 base collosus build going where you get a collosus at 42 while remianing relitively good defence.
Anyone have an EU account or anything? Cause I could use some productive practice.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:35 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

Name: Will
Character ID: DragonFist
Character Code: 788
Region: USA
Race: Protoss

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 01-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Masami Offline
Banned

Yay! Maybe a little bit more postings :P

Also guys, whats your thoughts on the Archon toilet? In theory, it's very simple to do, and I'm sure not all so difficult in practice.

Also, whats your guys thoughts on Terran Vs Zerg? I find nearly all Terrans go bio in lower ranks, bio mech in slightly higher ranks, then in the highest they go mech (I have a couple of diamond/masters friends who help me out with matchups), I find bio so easy to counter, but mech hits me off guard sometimes because it's hard to see comming.

And finally, patch 2.0? I think it's absolutely brilliant as a zerg player.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

All I have to say is TvZ=RussiavGermany= War of Attrition

I need help with the 4 gate build I've been trying to get it but my pressure never ever gets through.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG