Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: [SC2] Dominion of Psionic Swarms

Good job dude. Moving up the ranks. ;)

If you want to be more proficient at other races, btw, learn how to hotkey tab.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Good job dude. Moving up the ranks. ;)

If you want to be more proficient at other races, btw, learn how to hotkey tab.
I play diamond players daily, it was a custom game, such an amazingly fun game that was.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBitter.../7/48jfsh1xMoY
Idra's doing a stream on zvt, someone might find it interesting, I'm gunna be listening to it all.

I need an NA account, I wish to play with j00 kenny >.>;
Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Yeah I was checking TL out and noticed Mr Bitter's stuff as well. :3

I don't play often enough to be good as I have said, but it's nice to see someone dedicated like that. :)
Old 02-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Yeah I was checking TL out and noticed Mr Bitter's stuff as well. :3

I don't play often enough to be good as I have said, but it's nice to see someone dedicated like that. :)
You should play more, I'm kinda dedicated to the game, but not laddering, since I either get epicly easy games, or epicly cheesy games at the moment, I am going to start laddering soon too though.
Also when some tournaments come around once I hit diamond I'll be playing a lot.
my BIG BIG BIG weakness, is ZvZ. cant play it, at all. makes me cry.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Zerg is all about scouting in the beginning. Look to see his economy first. Buildings do not matter much. If the person has two gas, he is most likely going for a gas heavy build (unless he is simply tricking you which is too risky), or if he has a ton of mineral mining workers, he is going mass Bio/Light Armor units. Always hide your Spawning Pool so it is difficult to find, don't let the scouting foe see what your Evo Chamber is doing (it shakes around when researching) and you are golden. Just position your Overlords just right, and you can see everything.

DTs seem to be making a random comeback by the way.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Zerg is all about scouting in the beginning. Look to see his economy first. Buildings do not matter much. If the person has two gas, he is most likely going for a gas heavy build (unless he is simply tricking you which is too risky), or if he has a ton of mineral mining workers, he is going mass Bio/Light Armor units. Always hide your Spawning Pool so it is difficult to find, don't let the scouting foe see what your Evo Chamber is doing (it shakes around when researching) and you are golden. Just position your Overlords just right, and you can see everything.

DTs seem to be making a random comeback by the way.
In Diamond/Masters lategame motherships are comming into fassion on EU, simply because A) I dont have the gas for 6 overseers. B) If I somehow get it, you snipe them, and i loose.

Another big thing for toss' is the quick expos in Diamond/Masters, simply because zerg FEs, so you might aswell too, since I'm not gunna pressure you. Possibly 3 gate expand with heavy sentries.

Finally, one more thing big for toss at the minuet is the 2 gate collosi in PvP and these 2 gate stalker pushes are becomming a little popular into maybe 4 gate or 3 gate expand.

Thats what I've observed in Diamond/Masters recently anyway, I don't know if it's the same on ladder.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 PM

Many players have found a way to utilize the Mass Recall ability to their advantage. Personally, when I play Zerg... teehee... I move an Overlord into a small nook in the dudes base and wait until I get the Nydus Network. The dude will be like: "WTF! HAXER!" When he sees an amazing amount of Hydras in his base. For some reason, American players for Gold suck affen hoden. Most of my losses are due to Diamond players, which a lot of my friends are. Me... I am 24 in Gold position. I do not do 1v1, rather 4v4 and 2v2. I suck at managing several fronts at once... Should really work on that neh?

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-17-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Quote:
Many players have found a way to utilize the Mass Recall ability to their advantage. Personally, when I play Zerg... teehee... I move an Overlord into a small nook in the dudes base and wait until I get the Nydus Network. The dude will be like: "WTF! HAXER!" When he sees an amazing amount of Hydras in his base. For some reason, American players for Gold suck balls. Most of my losses are due to Diamond players, which a lot of my friends are. Me... I am 24 in Gold position. I do not do 1v1, rather 4v4 and 2v2. I suck at managing several fronts at once... Should really work on that neh?
I play mainly against diamonds/high plats and don't ladder much.
I train a lot with my teammate who is a high play playing diamonds on ladder, who is a Z/T.

Golds here kinda suck too, they get the strong plays down, but their macro and micro are so far behind it isn't even funny.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:51 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
You should play more, I'm kinda dedicated to the game, but not laddering, since I either get epicly easy games, or epicly cheesy games at the moment, I am going to start laddering soon too though.
Also when some tournaments come around once I hit diamond I'll be playing a lot.
my BIG BIG BIG weakness, is ZvZ. cant play it, at all. makes me cry.
Can't. I have other more important priorities. I should spend more time in getting stuff done for the site and I'm usually too busy for that as well.

Try doing something like the roach into overseer build. Like fast 1-base into lair + roach to overseer. It's more flexible than a bling opening since you're up on tech, but at the cost of an early expansion (which is obviously what tech is for). IIRC Day 9 did 2 dailies on the build, so there should be plenty to reference to.

Mothership:
Pick your fights well. Your detection tends to be expensive though (overseer or spores), so you need to be able to deal with that in such a way that you'll have enough detection. Or just never get to that point in the game. It's like people QQing about VR/colossi/stalker/sentry mix. That's a LOT of gas for the protoss, so it takes quite a bit of time, people need to realize that the toss can't do much while trying to amass these units and they need to take advantage of that.

Unfortunately, I must admit that the mechanics don't favour map control nearly as much. 4-6 base zerg is hardly more efficient than a 3-base zerg mathematically speaking... Maps totally need to be fixed (like 6-7 patch mains for example).
Old 02-18-2011, 05:08 AM

Well, I would not go just Roach. The other player, if he is good, will adapt and transition to air.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Quote:
Well, I would not go just Roach. The other player, if he is good, will adapt and transition to air.
No he won't, because he'll be forced to build roaches or die, you have to be in his face with those roaches.
Pluss with the low gas cost of roaches, I can quickly tech to my own mutas, infestors, or even hydras.

My main weakness in ZvZ is they will do more all in type play, which is annoying to deal with.

Im fine dealing with toss normally kenny, it wss a 45 minuet game, we both had all our basses, i mined out all mine, and still didnt have enough gas, he won because he got his high yield and i couldnt get mine, which was a fair game imo.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:54 PM

Name: RealHorror
Friend Code: 644
Region: USA
Race: Terran/Zerg

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-22-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 PM

Did you all hear about the new GSL maps being released? I hear they are going a more traditional SC: Brood War build (one geyser, four patches per expansion) but they are all pretty sizable! Check it out at Starcraft II!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:52 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

Saw a few pro games on them. Some of the big maps favor zerg because they can just expand till their little bug hearts are content. I don't mind though it allows zerg to be played how it should be. And I saw some wonderful Nydus play ^^ so I was happy.

The GSL maps look to be an interesting add. I still need to get used to the ladder maps myself but I love the change of scenery

And the BW style expansions just mean that more and more expansions are going to be needed. Which means more macro games!! Yay!

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 02-23-2011, 05:26 PM

Sure hope I see Linda Liao playing on those maps. She is hot and plays SCII!