Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 01:27 AM
pkmnrulz Offline

Default he's gonna be uber.

has anybody seen the ononokusu the new dragons stats. his base stat for attack is 147. thats just 3 lower than ubers like rayquaza and groundon. his speed is base 92 which makes him faster than 80% of the Ou tier. Did i only see that he might obviously be overpowered.

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420
Default Re: he's gonna be uber.

smogon has its fingers here and there so yeah the term uber will be stampt on what ever can put a scratch on thier metagame.

is its just me ... why would game developers make characters for a game that will ultimately be left to collect dust?

Pokérus Empire
Old 09-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
smogon has its fingers here and there so yeah the term uber will be stampt on what ever can put a scratch on thier metagame.

is its just me ... why would game developers make characters for a game that will ultimately be left to collect dust?
Because it'll make people want to actually pick the game up. They've innovated the game and created something different for us to like. That past games were the same thing with just small features added. It was getting boring.

I like Gen. 5, tyvm.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 09-18-2010, 08:22 AM
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer

This generation is absolutely full of overpowered pokes. I think I've counted more non-legendaries with stats breaking the 140 mark than in any other generation. Between the huge new stat lines, new moves, new move tutors and the possibility of Dream World abilities (Speed Boost Blaziken ftw), I think it's far more likely that we'll see a large overhaul of every tier, with OU becoming a lot more offense-based than before (And that's saying something).

Of course it's all theorymon at the moment, and Japan's metagame has always been very different from the western world. I just can't wait for Shoddy/PO to get all the information and implement all the new stuff.

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
Old 09-18-2010, 10:33 PM
pkmnrulz Offline

yep this gen will be good but if you think about most of the main phsyical sweepers of the current Ou division most of them have a 130 atk and can be stopped with the right pokemon, but when you look at the speeds of these current sweepers most are base 77 and below. the 5th gen have much faster sweepers like Aakeosu with 140 atack and 110 speed.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:06 AM
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer

Aakeosu's insane stat line does get balanced out by it's ability, which halves all of it's stats when it's HP drops below 50%. Not good at all on a SR weak poke. It's certainly gonna be a monster, but it's gonna need serious wish and spin support to keep itself that way. Luckily there's unblockable spinning now, thanks to an item (presumably one use) that makes attacks hit pokes that are normally immune to it, allowing for unblockable spinning

Old 09-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

I doubt a lot of the things people think are going to be uber actually are, because TONS of pokemon are getting "overpowered" abilities, and you know, when everyone is overpowered, no one is.

Look at a lot of the dream world abilities for old Pokemon, a lot of them are "overpowered" too.

You're more likely to see a full reorganization of tiers.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 09-19-2010, 05:13 PM
killanotha1 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to killanotha1 Send a message via MSN to killanotha1 Send a message via Yahoo to killanotha1

I agree with everyone here but I agree with his the most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteless View Post
I doubt a lot of the things people think are going to be uber actually are, because TONS of pokemon are getting "overpowered" abilities, and you know, when everyone is overpowered, no one is.

Look at a lot of the dream world abilities for old Pokemon, a lot of them are "overpowered" too.

You're more likely to see a full reorganization of tiers.
But that happened after every "Major" change in the games, i.e. after RBY Tauros went from "need him as your last poke on every team" to "Lol, Tauroswut?" I'm honestly glad they made crazy over stat'd pokes, now people have to think of new things to do. But I'm just worried about what this will mean for shoddy2. T__T I've barely got a grasp on double battle theory, but once shoddy2 comes out there will be little time before B/W pokes get added and then all heck breaks loose with new tiers and crazyness. I'll still love every minute of it though.

||||Rapidash: 276||Done: 456||URPG||
That Avatar is MINE.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Kenny Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

They need to bring back Salamence and Garchomp, so that this thing has competition.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:42 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

I guess no one has ever thought that the uber teir could become playable. Right now, ubers is pretty much full of rain and sun, but if some of these pokemon went to ubers, it could make it playable. Many people think ubers is the death penalty for pokemon when it's not.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Old 09-20-2010, 06:49 AM
Mr420 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
They need to bring back Salamence and Garchomp, so that this thing has competition.
they never went away.. You just stoped using them cause a website said you shouldnt use it in Competitive play.
I look 4word to seeing how thing will play out.

Pokérus Empire
Old 09-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Mr420 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toywatch View Post
Casually say hello, Hello, everybody
I have to ask ^ are you a silent lurking spambot?

Pokérus Empire
Old 09-20-2010, 06:58 PM
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
they never went away.. You just stoped using them cause a website said you shouldnt use it in Competitive play.
I look 4word to seeing how thing will play out.
Smogon have pretty much governed the tiering system for the entirety of 4th gen (maybe longer, I wasn't around any earlier), and pretty much every forum on the internet has been have adopted the tiers they put work into keeping balanced and (arguably more importantly) fun. If they say they're gone, then from a competitive standpoint they are. They're bound to drop back into whatever the mutant 5th gen eqivilant of OU is anyway, since Nintendo seem to have poured more wrecking balls into this generation than the last four combined.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:03 PM
pkmnrulz Offline

with the generation shift they might put salamence and garchomp into the Ou until they get banned,and from another website people are saying onosuku is actually over-hyped. they say he lacks the spd his fellow uber dragons have. idk how ono will be played. we just have to wait.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:23 AM
scubasteveE Offline

Send a message via AIM to scubasteveE Send a message via MSN to scubasteveE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTT View Post
Smogon have pretty much governed the tiering system for the entirety of 4th gen (maybe longer, I wasn't around any earlier), and pretty much every forum on the internet has been have adopted the tiers they put work into keeping balanced and (arguably more importantly) fun. If they say they're gone, then from a competitive standpoint they are. They're bound to drop back into whatever the mutant 5th gen eqivilant of OU is anyway, since Nintendo seem to have poured more wrecking balls into this generation than the last four combined.
It's useless to try to fight about that with him. He think's smogon will be the ultimate downfall of pokemon

Anyway, there is one thing Ono doesn't have that'll probably keep him in OU, no fire attacks.

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
Closed Thread