Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy
Default She's here, she's new, and she's brought work... [Gallery/Shop][Please close]

Uh...Erm..

LIKESOHOWWASYOURDAYCAUSEMINEWASGOODANDTHESUNISSHIN INGANDTHESKYISBLUEOHANDFLOWERSAREYELLOW!!!

Ahem.

Hi. Moi is Linchy. I'm quite new here and until now I've been floating around the forums looking and trying tutorials. Welcome to my gallery.

I have no idea what to write now so I shall get to the Mass Instructions. (rules).

-- No stupidity. This includes spam, asking questions that I have already answered such as "Are these original?" or doing things I asked you not to do such as "This is crap. This and this and this and that and yeah it's just crappy". If I read something like that I would most likely get really upset. D:
-- Please don't flame other people, or even appear to be to be sarcastic and/or cold in a way. Got something nasty to type? Don't type it.

Please.

-- Don't steal my artwork. This is a repeated rule but it's needed. Not like my work is worth stealing anyway...like I said I'm still new to this sort of stuff. Nearly all my works are from my dA account, Foxyn. That and this site is the only places where I put my work, so please report if it's somewhere else. And my earlier works are from my Photobucket account, Linchy.
-- The English language is a beautiful thing. I don't really like text speeak or just careless mistakes lik dis an i luv u so much lik ya? I doubt many of you do it anyway.
-- I'm new, so light criticism. Please.
-- And no "I like it" or little comments like that. Give me something to remember.
-- And follow the rules that I missed. Meaning, the basic ones for the forum.
-- New rule, since nobody posts in my thread I'm gonna post whenever I make a new one, which I should've done at the start. So if it means I double post, then I double post.

***These are only show casing, and obviously there aren't any credits here. But before you start yelling at me, have a look at my deviantart account, hunt for the picture and it'll be RIGHT there. Almost all these pictures are linked from my dA account. I try not to miss a credit. :)***

The former 'Gallery 1' where my older works went are now here. (My lack of reserving posts was bad. XD) So; now Gallery '1' is my more recent works (formally Gallery '2')

Gallery 1
More recent works; Photoshop 7. All are from tutorials found from various websites.
Spoiler:

9/25/10

Edited version. Spot the difference.
9/27/10

9/26/10. Or was it the 25th? :P

The colours a little too intense. Meh, I'll fix it up later.
9/26/10

Edited version.
9/27/10

Gee, I have a lot of time to do all this..:P

10/3/10
Outcome #1

10/3/10
Outcome #2

Made before the Pandora Hearts one. XD

10/3/10

Since my tech signature looked AWESOMESAUCE, I decided to use the same signature but for different brushes....
10/5/10

Spoiler:

NEWSPOILERTHING!!

*Sniff* so proud of this one. I want to do more vector sigs! 10/8/10

10/9/10

Heheheheeee. >:D
10/9/10

I love Yui! She looks mature in this picture though :P
10/9/10

Can you hear the blood dripping?
>:D
10/10/10

10/16/10

Original. Awesomeness. :D
11/3/10

11/5/10

11/8/10

voaloid jUMPER...
11/10/10

Spoiler:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGNSGNSGN!
FIRST.PERSON.USED.
I THINK.
11/26/10

Gallery 2
Other sigs for projects or non-sig artwork. As explained above this is now Gallery 2 because my older works; aka Gallery one have now moved to a different post. For more works, click here

Spoiler:

Did this..around beginning of november, 2010..can't remember when. For the Pokedex Project.

Not my best. D:
11/14/10

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT'S AWESOME
11/17/10

11/22/10

Gifts
Don't rate these. Just admire. Or hate. Your pick. Just for display.

Spoiler:

27/9/10

I've decided to open a shop! Yippie! Lol.

SHOP MASS INSTRUCTIONS
-- I'm "relatively new" to graphics like this, so please don't go "Can you like do this with this and ohh this as well with these effects and oh this as well and I expect you to do this by tommorrow, kay?".
-- Also, don't expect me to get it in by the next day! I am a high schooler. So please. Be patient. If you still haven't recieved your request in 3-4 days (maybe 2) then you can complain. I will notify you when it's holidays and all for me, so don't give me the "but it's like the holidays". We live in different time zones, kay?
-- Please, use your requests! I mean I worked hard for that and it mysteriously disappears. Please tell me what it's for. :)
-- Give me PNG pics, unless it's a stock image. I don't want to render too many pics, even though I can sorta do it. INCLUDING C4D'S. PlanetRenders is good for PNG c4d's. I'll try if it's not too hard. But I'll ask for another if I can't. D:
-- I can refuse a request if I want. Usually it'll be that I couldn't do it because of time management, the effects, or you're just expecting too much of me. I will do it to the best of my ability, but like I said above don't assume I'm some graphics master.
-- If you're gonna ask me where your request is, do it nicely. If you're gonna keep on doin' that then at least gve me some tips on my stuff while you're at it. Or something.
-- Only two requests per post (does that make sense? No, it doesn't). And when I've recieved three requests I'm not accepting any more until I've done them.
Also, a note. I dun wanna double post so I'm most likely gonna edit my last post and put the finished job in, so before you start asking, please look. :)
-- To make sure you've read the rules just type in "iSMILED" in a secret little option in the form.
-- Normal PE2K rules apply.
-- Don't be stupid.

Form:
when filling out the form, if you don't need anything just leave it blank.

Size (pixels) :
Renders/Stock :
Text :
Sub-text :
C4D's :
Border? :
Other :
Missing something? :

Request 1: Open
Request 2: Open
Request 3: Open

That's it!

Finished Requests

Spoiler:

Jack Frost

Important Updates
Absence, problems, etc.

Now reaccepting requests. :) All spots open.

Nobody's requesting D:D:D: Oh well. Anyway; Gallery one has now been moved, if you bothered reading the first two times I said it. It's now been moved to another post, to which have linked. Like I said the first two times my lack of reservings led to having to do this. Oh well. Anyhow, Gallery 1 is now called 'Point Zero'. If you're so eager to see it then here.

Last edited by Linchy; 12-09-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:11 AM
AngelAquino Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AngelAquino
Default Re: She's here, she's new, and she's brought work... [Gallery]

Welcome, Linchy! Uh...have we met before? XD Just kidding. Your work's super-pretty, especially the Shana ones, so I'll have just a few comments for you:

~For the ones with not-so-high-quality renders, if Photoshop has a 'Selective Gaussian blur' option, it'll make your life a whole lot better, since it automatically spots pixelated areas and blurs them. Otherwise, you can duplicate the render, Gaussian blur it, then place it on Overlay. Also, you can smudge the outlines if the pixels are still there.
~For the text, try setting your text layer to Overlay and duplicate it a couple of times to make it more visible.

I think that's all, can't wait to see more!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Linchy Offline

Thanks. :) Smudging. D: I fail at that, no matter how many tutorials I look at. XD

I'll work on it.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:30 AM
AngelAquino Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AngelAquino

Don't mention it. And if you're only going to smudge the outline, just keep on going down until you reach the border, you don't need a tutorial for that. ;D
Old 09-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Linchy Offline

Okay then, thanks for the advice. ^^
Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 AM
charizard ex Offline

Send a message via AIM to charizard ex Send a message via Skype™ to charizard ex

I think the one with right above the cat with toxic in the sign/banner is nice, I like the coloring of the person I like how it looks and I think overall they are pretty nice, better then anything I can make haha.

My FC: 4297-6886-2794

My trade thread:
http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=108706

Credit goes to Neeno

Battle Frontier Double Challenge Points: 40

Help get the pe2k Olympics approved by the mods

† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.

Last edited by charizard ex; 09-23-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizard ex View Post
I think the one with right above the cat with toxic in the sign/banner is nice, I like the coloring of the person I like how it looks and I think overall they are pretty nice, better then anything I can make haha.
Thank you :D:D:D
Old 09-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

In some of them the effects could be a little less obvious. The one that says "bleach" on it is by far your best. Good job, Linch.

Spoiler:
Old 09-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Master Groudon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon

these pictures are amazing. i might have you be my graphic designer for something in the future....... *groudon roars*
Old 09-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Groudon View Post
these pictures are amazing. i might have you be my graphic designer for something in the future....... *groudon roars*
This is exactly what Linchy said NOT to be posting.

Spoiler:
Old 09-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Master Groudon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
This is exactly what Linchy said NOT to be posting.
no. linchy put no "i like it" posts. try to give me something to remember. i tried to make it something to remember. *Groudon gets mad*
Old 09-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Groudon View Post
no. linchy put no "i like it" posts. try to give me something to remember. i tried to make it something to remember. *Groudon gets mad*
"Your work is amazing" < Classifies as an "I like it". And just saying you might ask her to do something in the future isn't huge and amazing, because every graphics artist gets a chance. And it's not like you're the owner of ASDA.

Spoiler:
Old 09-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Master Groudon Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
"Your work is amazing" < Classifies as an "I like it". And just saying you might ask her to do something in the future isn't huge and amazing, because every graphics artist gets a chance. And it's not like you're the owner of ASDA.
ok fine. i apologise. *Groudon walks away*
Old 09-24-2010, 03:00 AM
Linchy Offline

Woah, woah, guys, chill it.

Yes, it's true that Master Groudon didn't really give me any advice or tips. But thanks for the comment anyway :) I don't mind compliments as long as you have anything to point out, and if you don't then maybe some possible ideas/designs to use in the future.

Thanks DM. ^^ I'll work on the effects . Which do you think I should work on?
Seriously? You said the one that says "bleach" on it is the best? o.o I'm surprised. XD
Old 09-24-2010, 03:35 AM
DeadSmite Offline

As I really dont have the time to give you any cNc at this moment all I can say is that, some of your banners are filled with perfect simplicity, and a couple pointers to help you out with. centered images = bad and boring. usually offset them or move them to the left or right, which you have done on some of your banners. keep it up, i will be watching

Closed Thread