Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: She's here, she's new, and she's brought work... [Gallery]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchy View Post
Haha, I'm not surprised.

C4Ds. Ugh. They can be REALLY useful and nice but most of the time they just make me mad. For one thing I can never find abstract C4D's, all the ones I have are....meh. Planet Renders just gives me lame ones that I don't like. I seriously need some really good ones that show on the tutorials...*sigh* maybe I'm just looking at them at a different perspective.
And yes, I do play around with my layer modes...sometimes it causes me to have an outcome completely different from the one in the tutorial. I tend to do that sometimes '>.<

Another thing that irritates me is light sources. I have NO idea where to put them (the images I use are renders, and usually don't have one). Even when I put one on it just looks "pasted on" and it kind of wrecks it. Oh well.

I do have a border on it, actually. It's white. xD Shouldn't have put it as white.

Woah. o.o Gonna be a graphic designer? Cool. Which area? Websites, computer themes, or just graphic design?
Ooh. As a pointer (and I learnt this from Tombi) if you go to Planet Reners search for "morbidsheep". He has some really cool C4Ds, and they're like the only ones I'll ever use. xD

And no need to worry about that! Experimenting is great, even in tutorials. You learn things by doing that. c= I just like to pick up new techniques and play around with 'em. Uuh, filters can help, too.

Hmm. Well you can always go over the render with a white brush. Just brush in a light source where you want one, or think it should go. Not ALL banners need a light source, but sometimes it can make it better. Lens flares are great options, too.
Oh. White. Really? Sorry, I didn't see. XD But yeah, don't make a border white. Cause you kinda can't see it.

Yup! I'm studying at Uni right now; Bachelor of Graphic Design. n__n I wanna be an illustrator mostly, working and drawing in Photoshop, or on paper, but I don't mind poster design or other creative things. As long as it's not logo design. X.x I'm not such a fan of web design, but I have made my own website once. I'm more of a drawer, really. Visit my DA account? xD /shamelessadvertising.

http://swift-chaos.deviantart.com/

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 10-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
Ooh. As a pointer (and I learnt this from Tombi) if you go to Planet Reners search for "morbidsheep". He has some really cool C4Ds, and they're like the only ones I'll ever use. xD

And no need to worry about that! Experimenting is great, even in tutorials. You learn things by doing that. c= I just like to pick up new techniques and play around with 'em. Uuh, filters can help, too.

Hmm. Well you can always go over the render with a white brush. Just brush in a light source where you want one, or think it should go. Not ALL banners need a light source, but sometimes it can make it better. Lens flares are great options, too.
Oh. White. Really? Sorry, I didn't see. XD But yeah, don't make a border white. Cause you kinda can't see it.

Yup! I'm studying at Uni right now; Bachelor of Graphic Design. n__n I wanna be an illustrator mostly, working and drawing in Photoshop, or on paper, but I don't mind poster design or other creative things. As long as it's not logo design. X.x I'm not such a fan of web design, but I have made my own website once. I'm more of a drawer, really. Visit my DA account? xD /shamelessadvertising.

http://swift-chaos.deviantart.com/

I know, morbidsheep has some really cool C4D's (the ones I like best are the a-somethingsomethingihavenoideahowtosayit ones. The "poofy" ones XD). I'll try digging deeper in his gallery again. Not to mention he has a really cool username (I mean morbidsheep? Who would think of that?).

Nah, It's okay.
Awesomesauce. ;)

I saw your dA account before, I saw two REALLY cool drawings. I can't remember if I commented on it or not...probably didn't. Oh well XD
Truth to be told I'm actually more of a writer than an artist, I got into graphics because all I can do is go "click click click" to make something awesome. MOST of the time ^_^. Hopefully I can become as good as my sister (though she's more photography and drawing artist, she mainly uses photoshop for manipulation - which I want to do Dx). Right. I should upload my next works up soon...meaning I have to get the netbook out..*sigh*
Old 10-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
I know, morbidsheep has some really cool C4D's (the ones I like best are the a-somethingsomethingihavenoideahowtosayit ones. The "poofy" ones XD). I'll try digging deeper in his gallery again. Not to mention he has a really cool username (I mean morbidsheep? Who would think of that?).

Nah, It's okay.
Awesomesauce. ;)

I saw your dA account before, I saw two REALLY cool drawings. I can't remember if I commented on it or not...probably didn't. Oh well XD
Truth to be told I'm actually more of a writer than an artist, I got into graphics because all I can do is go "click click click" to make something awesome. MOST of the time ^_^. Hopefully I can become as good as my sister (though she's more photography and drawing artist, she mainly uses photoshop for manipulation - which I want to do Dx). Right. I should upload my next works up soon...meaning I have to get the netbook out..*sigh*
I know right? xD It's weird, but pretty cool all the same! Kinda... morbid. x3

Ooh, okay. I don't think you did comment, I'm sure I would've noticed. xD Okay, so you write too? *points to banner in sig* That links to my ongoing fanfic, which has been going for like... three years now. =x I got lazy and haven't updated it in a year because of Uni and such. But I need to because I've been ORDERED to continue it or else. XD

You're not on your netbook now? =O *would love to see updates*

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 10-03-2010, 04:36 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
I know right? xD It's weird, but pretty cool all the same! Kinda... morbid. x3

Ooh, okay. I don't think you did comment, I'm sure I would've noticed. xD Okay, so you write too? *points to banner in sig* That links to my ongoing fanfic, which has been going for like... three years now. =x I got lazy and haven't updated it in a year because of Uni and such. But I need to because I've been ORDERED to continue it or else. XD

You're not on your netbook now? =O *would love to see updates*
xD I love people that use awesome words for really simple ones (that just sounded confusing...)

Continue or else...;) You must have fans. I don't like to write fanfiction a lot, I tend to write "originals".

Right...I should update it now...XD
Old 10-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Size (pixels) : 400x150
Renders/Stock : http://www.deviantart.com/download/7...icDarkness.jpg
Text : The Gible Family
Sub-text : Here we come, Volkner!
Desired font type : A good celtic font.
Theme : We will fight til we die (fighting? I dunno!)
C4D's : Only if you find an epic C4D and make it epic.
Border? : 1px black border
Missing something? : Make it awesome

Spoiler:
Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
Size (pixels) : 400x150
Renders/Stock : http://www.deviantart.com/download/7...icDarkness.jpg
Text : The Gible Family
Sub-text : Here we come, Volkner!
Desired font type : A good celtic font.
Theme : We will fight til we die (fighting? I dunno!)
C4D's : Only if you find an epic C4D and make it epic.
Border? : 1px black border
Missing something? : Make it awesome
:O Where's the rule-password-thing-to-make-sure-you-read-them? Dun worry, I'll do it anyway. XD

Here you go!

My apologies, I don't have any Celtic fonts and when I realized it I already saved the picture >.< My first request, too! I'm soooooooo sorry. Hope you can accept it. D:

For the avvie I wasn't sure to add text or not, so I decided not to for the safety. Here:

Tell me if you wanna have some text, and what text you want.

Last edited by Linchy; 10-09-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Make my avatar 100x100, and add text.

Spoiler:
Old 10-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
Make my avatar 100x100, and add text.
What do you want the text to say? The Gible family?
Old 10-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Dark Moonlight Offline

Quote:
What do you want the text to say? The Gible family?
Make it say DM because it's going to be my avatar once the Pikachu Survivor Game is over.

Spoiler:
Old 10-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Linchy Offline

Default Re: She's here, she's new, and she's brought work... [Gallery/Shop]

Here you go. The fonts I used in the sig weren't good with the avvie so I had to use another. Thanks for requesting! I loved using the c4d's.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Size (pixels) : Same as current
Renders/Stock : http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o0iv5B15lJ...Rise+Again.jpg Could you render the skeleton with the mace and his weapons right in the middle?
Text : Grave Digger
Sub-text : The Clans Will Rise Again
Desired font type : Medieval-ish
Theme : Metal/Hardcore OR Death
C4D's : Meh, I don't have any specifics, just but some random ones in there wherever you want
Border? : Yes
Missing something? : Generic "iSMILED"

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Old 10-14-2010, 05:45 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Smasher View Post
Size (pixels) : Same as current
Renders/Stock : http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o0iv5B15lJ...Rise+Again.jpg Could you render the skeleton with the mace and his weapons right in the middle?
Text : Grave Digger
Sub-text : The Clans Will Rise Again
Desired font type : Medieval-ish
Theme : Metal/Hardcore OR Death
C4D's : Meh, I don't have any specifics, just but some random ones in there wherever you want
Border? : Yes
Missing something? : Generic "iSMILED"

I'm sorry, I don't think I can render that '^_^ Like I said I can render basic pictures but I'm not too sure about that one. Sorry. Can you find another render please?
Old 10-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't think I can render that '^_^ Like I said I can render basic pictures but I'm not too sure about that one. Sorry. Can you find another render please?
I could try to render it for you if you please, I was just too lazy to do it last night o.-

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Old 10-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Smasher View Post
I could try to render it for you if you please, I was just too lazy to do it last night o.-
Sure, go ahead :) And thanks for requesting -_- I was gonna take up one of the request in the sticky threads.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Sure, go ahead :) And thanks for requesting -_- I was gonna take up one of the request in the sticky threads.
Okay cool. Since I'm out sick from school today I can go do that.

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Closed Thread