Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Jack Frost Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jack Frost
Default Re: She's here, she's new, and she's brought work... [Gallery/Shop]

Size (pixels) : Ermm whatever you think looks nice...
Renders/Stock : Well basically I want a sig with Snow from final fantasy 13. http://vibewsu.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/6741.jpg or http://www.glogster.com/media/2/11/34/27/11342769.jpg or you can just use any image of him you like :) I'm not too bother.
Text :
Sub-text : Jack Frost
Desired font type : Anything
Theme : Mainly blue's would be nice.
C4D's : Whatever you like :)
Border? : If it looks nice.
Missing something? : Take your time and sorry for being so vague... I'm pretty new to these sites but I'd like to leave the artist have as much freedom as they can so feel free to use any image of Snow from final fantasy 13. Take your time and thank you loads :)

~Jack-iSmiled

Last edited by Jack Frost; 10-16-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:46 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Smasher View Post
Okay cool. Since I'm out sick from school today I can go do that.
I'm SOOOO sorry, I'm going to have to delay your request because I'm moving house D: I'm so sorry. I will get it done, probably after I move in but I won't be able to give it to you since there's no internet line yet. If you could wait about a week, give or take a few days then thank youu! :) I'm sorry this has happened.

For more information go here: http://storywrite.com/story/518986

@Jack Frost
I will get your request done later as well. If you can wait, then please do because I'm busy. DX Sorry again
But you're missing something. Go look through the rules.

Last edited by Linchy; 10-16-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Jack Frost Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jack Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchy View Post
I'm SOOOO sorry, I'm going to have to delay your request because I'm moving house D: I'm so sorry. I will get it done, probably after I move in but I won't be able to give it to you since there's no internet line yet. If you could wait about a week, give or take a few days then thank youu! :) I'm sorry this has happened.

For more information go here: http://storywrite.com/story/518986

@Jack Frost
I will get your request done later as well. If you can wait, then please do because I'm busy. DX Sorry again
But you're missing something. Go look through the rules.
Oh right sorry ^^

I read the rules and added the missing phrase.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:45 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
Oh right sorry ^^

I read the rules and added the missing phrase.
No problemo! It's okay, I won't get angry, I just need to know that you've read the rules. I will try to get it done soon but I have very limited time and I have Retro-Smasher's to do.

EDIT

If you're gonna use it, I prefer credit but I don't mind so long as you claim that it's not yours. :D

Last edited by Linchy; 10-24-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Retro-Smasher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I'm going to start coming here for weekly / every other weekly album/band theme banners :D

Size (pixels) : Same as current
Renders/Stock : http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Q0RIUEKrwm...00/Gojira1.jpg Just Render the Whale and the planets, and if you could, the band name and put it on :D
Text : Flying Whales
Sub-text : From Mars to Sirius
Desired font type : Either something like the band name on the cover, or something like the little sub text beneath it, something Blocky
Theme :
C4D's : Meh, I don't have any specifics, just but some random ones in there wherever you want
Border? : Yes
Missing something? : Generic "iSMILED"

Thanks Mw!
Smashing Stats
Old 11-09-2010, 01:42 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Smasher View Post
I'm going to start coming here for weekly / every other weekly album/band theme banners :D

Size (pixels) : Same as current
Renders/Stock : http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Q0RIUEKrwm...00/Gojira1.jpg Just Render the Whale and the planets, and if you could, the band name and put it on :D
Text : Flying Whales
Sub-text : From Mars to Sirius
Desired font type : Either something like the band name on the cover, or something like the little sub text beneath it, something Blocky
Theme :
C4D's : Meh, I don't have any specifics, just but some random ones in there wherever you want
Border? : Yes
Missing something? : Generic "iSMILED"
Hey! I'm done. I'm not sure if you're happy with the little lines I did around the planets and whale...so sorry. XD This is my number one favourite request I've done. I actually thought I was gonna do a sloppy job. :D Enjoy.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:00 AM
Linchy Offline

Point Zero
Formally Gallery one; this gallery holds all my old artwork. There won't be any updates here. When I run out of space in my first post, I'll just post another one.
Spoiler:

I like this but I don't like it. It's nice but it's not nice. I wasn't purely satisfied with this one.

I love this one. What I don't like about it is the colour covering face. Meh. Never got back to it :P From when I used to have GIMP. Which was a while ago. (old? Old.)

This one's okay, but considering it's from a "very easy sig" tutorial, I wouldn't expect it to be fantastic.

Quite simplistic because I couldn't be bothered doing the special effects on the tutorial. Or rather, I couldn't cause I couldn't find the things for it. (recent-ish)

Love this one.

Spoiler:

I would put my dA ID on but it's big.

The picture's OK, but the quality of the girl isn't very good which ruins it. Sadly.

The flow in the pic isn't good. D: But I like it.

My brain can't think of anything to type.

Same pic without the red effect.

AND FINALLY, MY FIRST EVER, NO TUTORIAL, JUST OPENED UP AND FIDDLED AROUND WITH....

This. It sucks compared to the others. :) But it's my first creation.

Last edited by Linchy; 11-23-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Okay. Now it's my turn to come to you. I've been in pe2k longer than about 70% of the community. That's a rough estimation, it could be more. I've seen people come and go. Then come back and leave again. I started October 18, 2004, I was 13. Just a little over 5 years. For the record, I DO have a life. =]

Never in my years of this forum have I seen a person just waltz in and tackle graphics so vividly. I admire you. You don't put a lot of pride in yourself, but you should. You really are good at what you do.

I don't like your recent works, however. For one reason. It's the same as everyone else. Sure, they look good, they're stylish, they're in, they're hip, and whatever. But when you do the Vector signatures, you're doing what no one else does. I make a point to appreciate the different styles of banners and graphics, new or old, it matters not. I don't see a lot of people doing Vector style banners, so I believe it's something you should stick to. To me, you're new, and up and coming. Other new members will want new things. Will want to change it up. Teach the old dog a new trick, you know? Now, don't get me wrong. You're expanding your horizons. I admire that, and I can't tell you what to do, nor do I want to. I'm just expressing my opinion. You're talented, that's what really matters.

Now on to some CC! Everyone loves some CC. First off, Beautiful Vocaloid banner. Love the pen tool work, I have no issues with that. The banner that I'm after is Suicune. You did it 2 days ago.. it looks like? It doesn't really pop. It's a Suicune with a really bright swirl around the ribbon, and random lines swirling past its head, with 2 rather monotone colors for a theme. It's kinda plain and bland to me. I feel the flow is off, and the Pen-tool work is just really distracting. I mean I can dig the vintage style feel coming from it, but I don't really know if that's what you were going for. There isn't any sign of an obvious light source, or border (Although after highlighting it, I think it has a white border..). Work on these. Flow is key in a banner. If it's all over the place, it wont look good. It's kind of like, and I don't want to sound like a jerk saying this, if you were to put the Vocaloid next to the Suicune... It would be like what to do, and what not to do in a tag.

That wraps it up though.. I think. This was all an opinion, but an opinion from a person who's been there before. Heck, I still make a lot of mistakes. You should have see the first Infernape vs Blaziken banner I did. It was TERRIBLE. x3

Also, double posting is a no-no. =]

~Nexus

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post

Okay. Now it's my turn to come to you. I've been in pe2k longer than about 70% of the community. That's a rough estimation, it could be more. I've seen people come and go. Then come back and leave again. I started October 18, 2004, I was 13. Just a little over 5 years. For the record, I DO have a life. =]

Never in my years of this forum have I seen a person just waltz in and tackle graphics so vividly. I admire you. You don't put a lot of pride in yourself, but you should. You really are good at what you do.

I don't like your recent works, however. For one reason. It's the same as everyone else. Sure, they look good, they're stylish, they're in, they're hip, and whatever. But when you do the Vector signatures, you're doing what no one else does. I make a point to appreciate the different styles of banners and graphics, new or old, it matters not. I don't see a lot of people doing Vector style banners, so I believe it's something you should stick to. To me, you're new, and up and coming. Other new members will want new things. Will want to change it up. Teach the old dog a new trick, you know? Now, don't get me wrong. You're expanding your horizons. I admire that, and I can't tell you what to do, nor do I want to. I'm just expressing my opinion. You're talented, that's what really matters.

Now on to some CC! Everyone loves some CC. First off, Beautiful Vocaloid banner. Love the pen tool work, I have no issues with that. The banner that I'm after is Suicune. You did it 2 days ago.. it looks like? It doesn't really pop. It's a Suicune with a really bright swirl around the ribbon, and random lines swirling past its head, with 2 rather monotone colors for a theme. It's kinda plain and bland to me. I feel the flow is off, and the Pen-tool work is just really distracting. I mean I can dig the vintage style feel coming from it, but I don't really know if that's what you were going for. There isn't any sign of an obvious light source, or border (Although after highlighting it, I think it has a white border..). Work on these. Flow is key in a banner. If it's all over the place, it wont look good. It's kind of like, and I don't want to sound like a jerk saying this, if you were to put the Vocaloid next to the Suicune... It would be like what to do, and what not to do in a tag.

That wraps it up though.. I think. This was all an opinion, but an opinion from a person who's been there before. Heck, I still make a lot of mistakes. You should have see the first Infernape vs Blaziken banner I did. It was TERRIBLE. x3

Also, double posting is a no-no. =]

~Nexus

No worries, mate. ;) I have just about a busy life but I manage to post something every two-three days. ._. considering I have some math homework to complete.

I appreciate that. I mean, I kept on telling myself and other people; one of the main reasons I joined graphic design was because I didn't like my drawings (more like, I couldn't draw). Another was because I take off in my sister's footsteps, although she specializes in a little photomanip more than tags like myself. (she's the artist in the family, you know?).

No problems. I tend to lean towards the more vector works myself and the vivid ones rather than the effect-lack ones. I tend to look at some of my tags and go "Hmm...a little plain...." wheras at the time I'll be saying "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVERR". XD
I absolutely love my vector works. My Haruhi one, my 'Free' (my current tag) one, and the Vocaloid one are one of my absolute vector favourites. My other ones are the 'Reaching to the sky' and my Yui from K-on one.
I'm surprised you say that not a lot of people do vector styles, but now that I think about it I see a lot more smudged/explosive c4ds/bigballsofmassiveraysoflovelylight than vector.
And once again, I don't take offense in what you say because I am so worn out from the day I seem to find lack of offensive words in your reply. ;)

Yes, I must say that Suicune one was not the best one I've done. Originally I did it to enter the 'Under the Sea' BOTW contest but really the only thing that even relates to water itself is the pokemon. So, once again I don't find any problem with that, since I know it's not my best. I don't like to leave my works out to share, good or not good, favoured or not. Though I might do a clean up of my first Gallery later on and pick my best ones from there.
And, yes, I know, I absolutely love my Vocaloid one. But, I usually love all my ones. XD Oh no, definately. The Vocaloid one beats the Suicune by a mile (dispite the fact that Suicune is a legendary pokemon ._.)
Vintage, you say? Hmm...I think I'm about to find a new style. :)
TobehonestwithyouIdidntevenspotit.

Don't say that! It was fine...other than the render...

Lol, I didn't realize. Silly me. I'll not do that next time. DX
Old 11-27-2010, 04:49 AM
Linchy Offline

Okay, here's a new one.

Along with some others:

Old 12-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Linchy Offline

Seeing as I haven't updated much, and that nobody is really posting, I think I'll ask someone to close this. No use in making a thread and bumping it so many times, when all you have are your own posts. Cya round people. Might make another gallery if I can be stuffed.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Anastasia-R Offline
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via MSN to Anastasia-R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia-R
Default Re: She's here, she's new, and she's brought work... [Gallery/Shop][Please close]

Aww. =[

Well, if you ever change your mind to open this, you can always PM a G mod or Gemma and I. =3

~LeafBlade Lock