Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:34 AM
theajshow Offline

Default How many of each card can you have in a deck?

I've been casually collecting for some time, but have never actually gotten a competitive deck together. With that said, I got a lot of cards and I'm thinking of downsizing my collection, since a lot of it is a bunch of random basic cards. But I still don't have a deck planned out or any plans for one yet. Bottom line, got lots of cards, thinking of getting rid of a few.

Is there any reason to keep more than 4 of one card? (with the exception of energy cards of course) I notice in the starter decks they have usually 4 copies of several different basic cards. I want to keep my options open for future decks, but I don't want to be holding on to every card for no reason. So, how many of a single card can you have in a deck? (besides energy cards) And is there any reason to have more than 1 or 4 of any card?
Old 10-05-2010, 11:36 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Re: How many of each card can you have in a deck?

The answer is 4. The more copies of a card you have, the more often you can use it or the more likely it is that you'll draw into it.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 10-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Skylands Offline

No more than four of any one card, except basic energy.

There are still special Dark energy and special Metal energy cards and you can only have 4 of each in your deck, but there are also common Dark and Metal energy cards without the the unusual benefits of the special energy cards, and you can have as many of those as you like. You can have 4 Dark Energy (special) and 10 Dark Energy common for instance, in the same deck.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Ceromax Offline

You can only have 4 of each card besides energy, So say you have 5 ralts and you wanted to put them in your deck you can only put 4.

Last edited by Ceromax; 01-24-2011 at 12:17 AM.