Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Male Snorunt Offline

Default Previous generation evolutions

To those of you who have actually played the game- which of the 1-4 gen pokemon actually evolve in the new one?

I know Tauros, Luvdisc, and Pachirisu do, but who else?
Old 10-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: Previous generation evolutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male Snorunt View Post
To those of you who have actually played the game- which of the 1-4 gen pokemon actually evolve in the new one?

I know Tauros, Luvdisc, and Pachirisu do, but who else?
Actually, the three you mentioned don't. In fact, none of them do. No Pokemon from previous generations evolve into 5th gen Pokemon. Alongside that, no Pokemon before the 5th gen got a pre-evolution. All Pokemon are entirely different evolutionairy chains.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Male Snorunt Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Actually, the three you mentioned don't. In fact, none of them do. No Pokemon from previous generations evolve into 5th gen Pokemon. Alongside that, no Pokemon before the 5th gen got a pre-evolution. All Pokemon are entirely different evolutionairy chains.
Have you actually played the games, or are you basing this off of info from a website? Because it may be that they simply haven't updated them.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Have you actually played the games, or are you basing this off of info from a website? Because it may be that they simply haven't updated them.
I've played White, and several sources (including Serebii, Bulbapedia and Marilland) state this.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Poke Power Offline
New Trainer

BlueJello is right. When I saw those pokemon for the first time I thought they were evos.
Seriously why do they look like evos they should think about it confusing people?
Old 10-16-2010, 12:45 AM
Male Snorunt Offline

B-but... Emonga! ;^;

Anyway, that really does suck. I know everyone looks forward to new e/devolutions, so that's a bit of bad marketing.

Delibird needs an evo, Lapras needs an evo, Luvdisc and Corsola definitely need to evolve, the list goes on.

But NOTHING?!? Come on... T^T
Old 10-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
B-but... Emonga! ;^;

Anyway, that really does suck. I know everyone looks forward to new e/devolutions, so that's a bit of bad marketing.

Delibird needs an evo, Lapras needs an evo, Luvdisc and Corsola definitely need to evolve, the list goes on.

But NOTHING?!? Come on... T^T
The Game Designers were trying to base Isshu Pokemon around the theme of Biodiversity.

Animals in certain places have certain niches to fill in their environment. The best example would be an animal in a country (Madagascar, I think, but I'm not certain) that has many different subspecies, and each of these subspecies looks like a certain animal in another country. These animals have subspecies that look like hedgehogs, mice, shrews and other rodents.

If Luvdisc doesn't exist in Isshu, then another Pokemon has to fill in the role that it once filled. This'd be Mamanbou. Same with Pachirisu and Emonga. Bare in mind Isshu is stated to be far far away from the other regions.

I think it was a good idea. Last generation brought too many evolutions and a lack of original Pokemon.

Think of it this way. Pachirisu and Emonga. If we compare this to the real world, we'd have two seperate squirrel species, that may or may not look like each other, but rooting back to the same common ancestor (if you believe in real world evolution, that is).

Last edited by Etymology; 10-16-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Male Snorunt Offline

Default Re: Previous generation evolutions PLEASE LOCK.

Quote:
The Game Designers were trying to base Isshu Pokemon around the theme of Biodiversity.

Animals in certain places have certain niches to fill in their environment. The best example would be an animal in a country (Madagascar, I think, but I'm not certain) that has many different subspecies, and each of these subspecies looks like a certain animal in another country. These animals have subspecies that look like hedgehogs, mice, shrews and other rodents.

If Luvdisc doesn't exist in Isshu, then another Pokemon has to fill in the role that it once filled. This'd be Mamanbou. Same with Pachirisu and Emonga. Bare in mind Isshu is stated to be far far away from the other regions.

I think it was a good idea. Last generation brought too many evolutions and a lack of original Pokemon.

Think of it this way. Pachirisu and Emonga. If we compare this to the real world, we'd have two seperate squirrel species, that may or may not look like each other, but rooting back to the same common ancestor (if you believe in real world evolution, that is).
I do not believe in evolution. (Or just about anything science 'proves') but that is a very good point. Though, I do wish they would have made e/prevos, I guess I'll have to live with it.

Question is answered, thread can be locked.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Quote:
I do not believe in evolution. (Or just about anything science 'proves') .
so E doesnt = mc2 ?.?.?

Pokérus Empire
Old 10-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
so E doesnt = mc2 ?.?.?
Also your body doesn't gain energy by using glucose, proteins, or stored fats to manufacture adenosine triphosphate and electron carriers.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 10-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Skylands Offline

They're related in the same sense that Plusle and Minun are related to Pikachu, IMO.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
so E doesnt = mc2 ?.?.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteless View Post
Also your body doesn't gain energy by using glucose, proteins, or stored fats to manufacture adenosine triphosphate and electron carriers.
When Male Snorunt said "anything science 'proves'" I think he was being sarcastic (hence the apostrophes over proves), as evolution hasn't been proven. Hence why it is called 'the theory of evolution'. Same with the theory of gravity.

This thread shouldn't be turned into a 'religion vs science' thread, so let's move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
They're related in the same sense that Plusle and Minun are related to Pikachu, IMO.
This was an excellent analogy. Far better than my chunky explanation. xD
Old 10-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
When Male Snorunt said "anything science 'proves'" I think he was being sarcastic (hence the apostrophes over proves), as evolution hasn't been proven. Hence why it is called 'the theory of evolution'. Same with the theory of gravity.

This thread shouldn't be turned into a 'religion vs science' thread, so let's move on.

This was an excellent analogy. Far better than my chunky explanation. xD
The common mistake that scientific theory is the same as other kinds of theories. Scientific theories have in fact been proven (although btw, there is no "theory" of gravity, it's the law of gravity), but have not been directly tested enough to yet be called a law. That's off topic though. The reason for no new evos was not biodiversity imo, but because they simply wanted an entirely new region of entirely new Pokemon, which having evos and prevos for would kind of ruin.

Last edited by Lord Fedora; 10-16-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
The common mistake that scientific theory is the same as other kinds of theories. Scientific theories have in fact been proven (although btw, there is no "theory" of gravity, it's the law of gravity), but have not been directly tested enough to yet be called a law. That's off topic though. The reason for no new evos was not biodiversity imo, but because they simply wanted an entirely new region of entirely new Pokemon, which having evos and prevos for would kind of ruin.
^^; I was explaining why some Pokemon looked similar to others in my post, not why there are no pre/evolutions. I should have made that clear.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Rival Silver Offline
Elite Trainer

If anything needs a evolved form it'd be Dunsparce.

But he's pretty epic being weak, so im fine if nothing happens.

<--- Credit to Doodlebop|Credit to Temporal Snake
Closed Thread