Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Interactive Boards Ľ Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 11-04-2010, 01:50 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems
Default Re: Voice Acting

So, like, I still need a guy to play Rye for me. (teehee, rhymes!) Rather calm voice, kinda like a gentleman. So not childish or anything, not really too deep, either.

Anyone. x.x

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 11-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Griff4815 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Griff4815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
So, like, I still need a guy to play Rye for me. (teehee, rhymes!) Rather calm voice, kinda like a gentleman. So not childish or anything, not really too deep, either.

Anyone. x.x
How deep is too deep, out of curiousity?

The biggest Grovyle fan in PE2K or anywhere.
Time Bandit
Old 11-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
How deep is too deep, out of curiousity?
Not sure. xD Got a sample of your voice if you're interested?

Links
Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Okay, what if we created a second thread that was an index of our voices, like we have for the Author Archive? The front page will have two links per person. One is a link to the member's post where she can keep track of projects she has completed and other notes. The second link will be a direct link to a sample of the member's voice, so people can hear what she sounds like?

Does that sound good? Any suggestions?
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:10 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

*ninjas in out of nowhere*

Making another thread? That'd work, or maybe you could just edit the second post in this thread and put the links to the voice samples there... Unless that'd be too much work for the mods ^^'

Old 11-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Okay, what if we created a second thread that was an index of our voices, like we have for the Author Archive? The front page will have two links per person. One is a link to the member's post where she can keep track of projects she has completed and other notes. The second link will be a direct link to a sample of the member's voice, so people can hear what she sounds like?

Does that sound good? Any suggestions?
Okay, that sounds like a good idea. So that can be the archive of voices and what we've done, and it can also be a sign up thread for people who want to? o: And then this thread can be the where people apply for roles and where people ask for people offer others roles.

I'd start the thread, but I don't think I'm a suitable candidate for doing something like that. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

We can either start a new thread, or an easier and tidier means would be to edit the first post of this thread. Perhaps we can even add in a form as Xanthe suggested.

If everyone had a post in this thread regarding what characters they play, scenes they've done, their voice etc. like in the Author Archive, we can create links under their usernames in the first post. Ideas?

Links
Old 11-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Giratina Offline

I think that sounds like a good idea. Though we should probably have it as a thread in the Author's Corner and link to it from the main thread so we don't clog up the stickies.

Also... CANTRE!

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 11-04-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Elecii Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Alright guys, here I am.

Clicketh.

I gotta warn you of my massively epic fail, though. Stop listening before the end if you dislike swearing. xD I SWORE ACCIDENTLY OKAY AND THEN I SWORE CAUSE I REALISED I SWORE AND THEN I SWORE AGAIN BECAUSE I SWORE BECAUSE I REALISED I SWORE

>:

I swear to God, it honestly was an accident. X_____x

Also, Haaarrryyyy, maybe each person involved could have like a profile? Like the form that... I think Xanthe did? Each person could make a post with their name, their accent, their scripts, their submissions etc and then you could link 'em in the first post. O=

EDIT

Here's a script from my old fanfic. Niall is a Shiftry- he's quite mature, pretty badass. Neo, this is the character I spoke about in my other post. :P Roze is a Vulpix, very small, cute, quite... high-pitched, I guess? I dunno. Grey is a Luxio, any sort of male voice for him... Elana the Ampharos, I'd love her to be Australian! XD Xanthe? Or Gemma? :'D
Kyosan is the one I'm most interested in getting voiced. He's quite sullen, very angry. Imagine an older teen. Quite a deep voice I guess..? Umbreon, btw.
Enar is a boy, but could easily be voiced by a girl. Very childish. Misdreavus.

Dusk is an Espeon and totally different to me, which is why I wanna try voicing her. :P
I know there's looooads of parts here. XD So if you're interested in anything, just gimme a shout.

Spoiler:
Niall: What do you mean, you saw a monster?
Roze: It was a monster, Roze saw a monster! Grey saw it too!
Niall: Let me get this straight. You were in the forest... and you saw a monster.
Roze: Yes! A monster, a big scary metal monster and it looked at Roze and Roze looked back and- (pause) -Grey told Roze to run!!
Niall: So... you saw it too.
Grey: Yes, I did. (pause) I know what I saw, Niall.
Niall: You act like you think I donít believe you.
Grey: (angry noise xD)
Elana: Stop it. We donít need more fighting.
Niall: You donít fight anyway.
Elana: I do sometimes... (pause) Dusk?
Roze: ... Dusk?
Kyosan: Leave her.
Roze: (happily) Kyosan!!
Kyosan: (silence) You saw a monster. ... A monster.
Enar: I think theyíre telling the truth. I donít think theyíre lying.
Kyosan: (angrily) I never said they were lying!
Enar: You look like you think it.
Niall: All of you. Stop it. (pause) What did this monster look like?
Grey: It... was big.
Kyosan: (snort) It was big. A baby couldíve told us that much.
Elana: Kyosan-
Kyosan: Shut up and let him speak.
Niall: Could you be any more... specific?
Grey: It... was made of metal, I think. I could see four legs, but it may have been more. It didnít seem to have any proper features apart from eyes.
Kyosan: Once again, anybody with a brain couldíve told us that much. Even Roze, and she hasnít any brains to speak of- aaghn!
(sounds of fighting. Somehow. xD)
Roze; Grey!!
Niall: STOP IT!
Elana: Get off him!!
Enar: (happily) Fight! Fight! Fight!
Niall: (roars with exasperation)
Kyosan: Give it up, you bastard!!
Dusk: STOP IT!! BOTH OF YOU!!
Enar: Fight! Fight! Fi- AAAH!
Niall: WILL YOU STOP FIGHTING!!
Kyosan: LET GO OF ME!!
Elana: Niall!
Niall: Will... you... stop... FIGHTING!!
(silence)
Niall: I SAID-
Grey: We heard you.
Roze;: Grey? Grey, are you okay?
Grey: Iíve... been better. (pause) Iíll... be... okay.
Dusk: Kyosan, are you okay?
Kyosan: Do I... look okay?
Niall: (sighs) ... Thank you.
xD It's so funny when you swore because you swore because you swore. xD

I'd like to do Roze, but you'll probably want to choose Kat because my voice is horrid.

i can't love you more than this
Old 11-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

To be honest, Harry, I just think the first post needs organising, 'tis all! A form, more structure, etc- maybe some colour or graphical headers. I'd be delighted to do a format or something, or.. something. XD

To everyone who replied about characters, I'll check out voice samples and such when I get home as I'm currently on my phone. Thanks for the feedback on my voice also. xD

Old 11-04-2010, 04:51 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

We have a lot of people interested in doing voice acting and I think it would be nice if each person could have their own post to edit. That way, they can list other samples of their voice, links to scenes they've participated in, scenes they want voices for, etc. It's sort of like a mini-profile. We can even include the profile format.

Then this thread can be used for finding people to do voices, posting finished scenes, and general discussion, as some members have mentioned. Everything neat and orderly.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:59 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post

Here's a script from my old fanfic. Niall is a Shiftry- he's quite mature, pretty badass. Neo, this is the character I spoke about in my other post. :P Roze is a Vulpix, very small, cute, quite... high-pitched, I guess? I dunno. Grey is a Luxio, any sort of male voice for him... Elana the Ampharos, I'd love her to be Australian! XD Xanthe? Or Gemma? :'D
Kyosan is the one I'm most interested in getting voiced. He's quite sullen, very angry. Imagine an older teen. Quite a deep voice I guess..? Umbreon, btw.
Enar is a boy, but could easily be voiced by a girl. Very childish. Misdreavus.

Dusk is an Espeon and totally different to me, which is why I wanna try voicing her. :P
I know there's looooads of parts here. XD So if you're interested in anything, just gimme a shout.
Just can't seem to keep away from Pe2k can ya, Cait? xD

Anyways, yeah. I'd totally do Grey, or Brink. Since I basically made them.

Besides that, I have a very Vegeta-Esque Voice style. But I can pull out some highly comical voices similar to Snarf from thundercats, Herbert from Family Guy, Or a mental Fat Albert. I'll load up some examples soon, I reckon. I'll also keep them to this post after reading above statements.

Forgive the Popping sounds. Once I Either make, or purchase a pop blocker, they will be a thing of the past. xD

Click here to listen to the Creepy Pedophile Voice
Click here to listen to the Vegeta-Esque Voice
Click here to listen to the Snarf Snarf Voice
Click here to listen to the Fat Albert-Esque Voice
Click here to listen to my Normal Voice

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 11-04-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Kaioo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kaioo

i've tried my karoake microphone and it doesnt fit D=

And I found another microphone, it fits, it works, but audacity doesnt detect it D=

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Giratina Offline

Kaioo, do you use Windows? I think there's a generic sound recording program there somewhere.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 11-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
We have a lot of people interested in doing voice acting and I think it would be nice if each person could have their own post to edit. That way, they can list other samples of their voice, links to scenes they've participated in, scenes they want voices for, etc. It's sort of like a mini-profile. We can even include the profile format.

Then this thread can be used for finding people to do voices, posting finished scenes, and general discussion, as some members have mentioned. Everything neat and orderly.
Yeah, that's what I meant about the profile thing! :'D Yay!

Alright, so, signing-up and profiles are in a seperate thread, and we just carry on as normal from here?