Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 07:19 AM
Whitesheep27 Offline
New Trainer

Default RMT Sunny Day 5th gen

First Thread !!

Me and a few friends has been trying out different weather teams and i wanted to improve this one ! Feel free to comment . (no ubers)

~ Lead ~
Ninetales @ Focus Sash
Drought
Modest
252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe / 4 sp.Def
Fire Blast
Solarbeam
Quick Attack
Hypnosis

Fire Blast & Solarbeam can OHKO a lot leads and if they happen to have focus sash , u can 100% kill them with Quick attack next turn , same goes for Custap Berry leads. Hypnosis will cripple "Choice - x" Leads

~Wall~
Cresselia @ Leftover
Levitate
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Reflect
Moonlight
Ice Beam
Toxic

My favourite wall of all time, Ice beam to counter a lot of the new dragons in 5th gen. Toxic over thunder waves because i got a pretty fast team and instead i need to take out their sweepers ASAP . The HP and Defense EVs maximize Cresselia's bulk. Cresselia can easily survive a +1 Adamant Salamence's Outrage after Stealth Rock damage. Also moonlight recover 66.7% hp !!

~SubSeeder~
Venusaur@Leftovers
Chlorophyll
Modest
252HP/252Speed/4SpAtk
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Substitute
Sludge Bomb

I think the main advantage Venusaur has as a SubSeeder is Sludge Bomb + Chlorophyll , So Sludge bomb > SolarBeam . Venusaur can potentially cripple any Pokemon in the game with this set, Sleep Powder allowes you to temporarily incapacitate most Pokemon, while Leech Seed lets you sap away at their Hitpoints. Substitute allows you to scout switch ins after Sleep Powder. Have successfully outstall Heatran abusing fire blast.

~Special Sweeper~
Charizard@Life orb
Solar Power
Modest
4 hp/252 Special Attack/252 Speed
Fire Blast
Hidden Power Electric
Air Slash
Solarbeam

With sun up and solar power activated fire blast will do a shitload of damage on anything which doesnt x4 resist it(84.3% - 99.2% to slowbro, 48.7% - 57.6% to slowking and an amazing 59.7% - 70.3% to blissey from a Modest Max SpA Charizard with Life Orb). Rest moves are there for coverage

~Revenge Killer~
Randorosu @ Choice Scarf
Sand Strength
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Earthquake
Rock Slide
U-Turn
Explosion

Randorosu's bulk, power, speed, immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, make it a great choice for a revenge killer. Once it has finished its job, it can go out with a bang with Explosion, killing of a potentially dangerous threat. Access to U-turn for scouting purposes is a plus as well.

~Rapid Spinner~
Starmie @ Leftover
Natural Cure
Timid
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Rapid Spin
Boiling Water
Thunderbolt
Recover

Classic Rapid Spinner of 4th gen.. Can anyone suggest a better rapid spinner ?

Thats it for now . Fixes are appreciated
Old 10-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless
Default Re: RMT Sunny Day 5th gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesheep27 View Post
First Thread !!

Me and a few friends has been trying out different weather teams and i wanted to improve this one ! Feel free to comment . (no ubers)

~ Lead ~
Ninetales @ Focus Sash
Drought
Modest
Fire Blast
Solarbeam
Quick Attack
Hypnosis

Fire Blast & Solarbeam can OHKO a lot leads and if they happen to have focus sash , u can 100% kill them with Quick attack next turn , same goes for Custap Berry leads. Hypnosis will cripple "Choice - x" Leads

~Wall~
Cresselia @ Leftover
Levitate
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Reflect
Moonlight
Ice Beam
Toxic

My favourite wall of all time, Ice beam to counter a lot of the new dragons in 5th gen. Toxic over thunder waves because i got a pretty fast team and instead i need to take out their sweepers ASAP . The HP and Defense EVs maximize Cresselia's bulk. Cresselia can easily survive a +1 Adamant Salamence's Outrage after Stealth Rock damage. Also moonlight recover 66.7% hp !!

~SubSeeder~
Venusaur@Leftovers
Chlorophyll
Modest
252HP/252Speed/4SpAtk
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Substitute
Sludge Bomb

I think the main advantage Venusaur has as a SubSeeder is Sludge Bomb + Chlorophyll , So Sludge bomb > SolarBeam . Venusaur can potentially cripple any Pokemon in the game with this set, Sleep Powder allowes you to temporarily incapacitate most Pokemon, while Leech Seed lets you sap away at their Hitpoints. Substitute allows you to scout switch ins after Sleep Powder. Have successfully outstall Heatran abusing fire blast.

~Special Sweeper~
Charizard@Life orb
Solar Power
Modest
Fire Blast
Hidden Power Electric
Air Slash
Solarbeam

With sun up and solar power activated fire blast will do a shitload of damage on anything which doesnt x4 resist it(84.3% - 99.2% to slowbro, 48.7% - 57.6% to slowking and an amazing 59.7% - 70.3% to blissey from a Modest Max SpA Charizard with Life Orb). Rest moves are there for coverage

~Revenge Killer~
Randorosu @ Choice Scarf
Sand Strength
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Earthquake
Rock Slide
U-Turn
Explosion

Randorosu's bulk, power, speed, immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, make it a great choice for a revenge killer. Once it has finished its job, it can go out with a bang with Explosion, killing of a potentially dangerous threat. Access to U-turn for scouting purposes is a plus as well.

~Rapid Spinner~
Starmie @ Leftover
Natural Cure
Timid
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Rapid Spin
Boiling Water
Thunderbolt
Recover

The only thing I have to say is that sand teams in general, especially with Doryuuzu really wreck this. With +2 speed in sand, he will be even faster than your scarfer. I would suggest using Hitmontop over Starmie for your rapid spinner for mostly this reason.

You need a bulky Pokemon with priority fighting attacks to take out Doryuuzu and sand teams are extremely common. Randorosu might stand a chance at getting it with Earthquake if it survives an attack, but I wouldn't rely too much on this because Doryuuzu often carries the Balloon item and you'd have to hit it first to be sure. Cresselia doesn't scare him with Toxic and Ice Beam is only neutral and moonlight doesn't work well in the sand, Venusaur can't even hit him with Sludge Bomb..

But yeah, I think the biggest problem this team will have to contend with is the current popularity of sandstorm teams. Hippowdon/Tyranitar leads are not going to be afraid of your Ninetales at all if they come out second and the sand takes over.

Just my $.02.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 11-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Whitesheep27 Offline
New Trainer

Thanks for the reply , hitmontop has been working out realy well against Non weather team.
ya main problem would be T-Tar which is really common .

will post new team soon.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:43 PM
pkmnrulz Offline

it good to run pokemon who are weak to water in sunny teams and remember with starmie water attacks get halved. heatran looks good to on sun teams. also with venusaur you're making other fire attacks from opponents doing even more damage. also remember ninetales isn't bulky so he faces many threats from common sweepers.

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:11 PM
megamonk4 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesheep27 View Post
First Thread !!

~ Lead ~
Ninetales@Wide Lens/Leftovers
Drought
Timid Nature
Fire Blast
Solarbeam
Will-o-Wisp
Hypnosis

TIMID NATURE!! lol, you lose out on speed on quite a few important pokemon choosing modest over timid. Focus Sash is a waste of time. Your Lead has already done its part when it's sent out: to bring out the sun. Custap leads such as Gigaiasu would probaly be better off asleep/burned. Afterwards, switch it out to your Rapid Spinner to either take it out or to spins away the rocks. Its best to keep this alive as long as possible, as other weather pokemon will take out the sun, and with Ninetales gone, your team is basically screwed.

~Wall~
Cresselia @ Leftover
Levitate
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Reflect
Moonlight
Ice Beam
Toxic

~SubSeeder~Mixed Sweeper
Venusaur@Leftovers/Life Orb
Chlorophyll
Naughty Nature
224 Att/80 SpA/204 Spe

Growth
Power Whip
Earthquake
HP Fire

With Venusaur now getting access to Chlorophyll, he now becomes a staple similar to Kingdra for Rain Dance Teams. I think you would find it better for it to mix sweep with Growth. Growth now boosting both Att/Spa; especially by 2 in the sun allows it to really hurt teams. Using the following moves above allows you to hit all except dragons for at least neutral damage.

80 SpA ensures after growth(raising SpA to +2 in sun) will allow you to OHKO all steel types(except Occa berry users and Careful Registeel). 204 Speed allows you to outspeed +Spe Scarf Flygon and other Base 100 +Spe Scarf users. The rest goes into attack. Its your option if you would like to choose Life Orb or Leftovers.

~Special Sweeper~
Charizard@Life orb
Solar Power
Modest
Fire Blast
Hidden Power Electric
Air Slash
Solarbeam

~Revenge Killer~
Randorosu @ Choice Scarf
Sand Strength
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Earthquake
Rock Slide
U-Turn
Explosion

~Rapid Spinner~
Starmie @ Leftover
Natural Cure
Timid
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Rapid Spin
Boiling Water
Thunderbolt
Recover

I changed put in some comments, but its not a complete analysis, XD. It would require me to change your team completely. I'll keep it some thought later on today.

Pokemon Black/White Walkthrough
Closed Thread