Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:19 AM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Default PokeRome (SU- Closed for the time being)

Link to roleplay thread here
Link to discussion thead here

Plot:

Alright, now close your eyes and picture a civilization from long ago... long before humans colonized the regions that are now known today as Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and countless others... these were the days of PokeRome, the greatest civilization in Pokemon history! Before humans arrived, Pokemon lived on their own and actually had a fairly advanced society, complete with a republic and certain scientific advancements, such as PokeRoman Aqueducts. Unfortunately, every trace of the civilization was completely wiped out after a certain cataclysmic event involving Kyogre and Groudon happened. Anyways, there were no humans... these were the good old days.

Just kidding.

As we jump back to the past and the past becomes the present, there is currently a pretty corrupt emperor at the head of this whole civilization. His name? Nero the Regigigas. His game? Gladiators!

Yes, Nero is an advocate of forcing Pokemon to battle one another in the PokeRoman PokeColloseum... to the death. He has his many officials search the lands for potential battlers (or in some cases, victims if he's in the mood for seeing a slaughter... a Caterpie was once pitted against a Rhyperior!) and kidnaps them for his own personal whims of carnage.

Recently, Nero has issued a HUGE kidnapping. Like, over 1,000 Pokemon to be doomed for his personal amusement. What a jerk, right? A pretty big group of gladiators sure agrees... with all of these Pokemon, could they maybe break out of Nero's sick game?!?

The answer, of course, is yes. A pretty valiant Toxicroak recently led a revolt and busted himself out, along with a small army of new recruits. Unfortunately, he was tracked down and killed fairly quickly.

So how do you play into this? You are one of the new recruits that escaped with Toxicroak, and there's a price tag on your head! Nero will stop at nothing to have you returned to his icy grip of death. So you're pretty much an outlaw without having committed any crimes... that kinda sucks...

I guess the only thing to do in a time like this is stick together. Who knows? Maybe you can find a way to overthrow emperor Nero and restore piece to the once-great civilization of PokeRome!

--------------------------

Sign-ups:

1) Limit of two characters, eh?
2) You have two choices of character alliances. You can be a) a runaway from Nero's PokeColloseum, or b) a war general hired by Nero to hunt down the rogue deserters.
3) No fully-evolved Pokemon, unless your Pokemon has no evolutionary relatives. Your Pokemon can evolve later in the RP, though. This rule even applies to Nero's generals.
4) Don't sign up as a gen 5 Pokemon. The names are all gibberish and nobody will be able to visualize your post without checking Bulbapedia or whatever.
5) Only use attacks that your Pokemon can learn, but this isn't limited to just level-up moves. TM moves are fine.
6) No legendary Pokemon, eh?

Sign-up Form:

Name:
Species:
History:
Other (Optional):

Notice that I left out a personality section. We do not need a personality section... personalities will develop in the roleplay!

Rules:
1) No bunnying. We've all been here. Don't control someone else's character! Like, what if that happened to you? Not even your character, but you? What if you just woke up one day and found out that someone was bunnying you and you no longer had control over your body? That would suck! Don't bunny.

2) No godmodding. Yeah, this is pretty much the cardinal sin of roleplaying. Let your character get hurt! Don't have them dodge everything that comes their way or have them be unharmed by attacks! I once saw someone's Rhydon get hit with a Razor Leaf, but the roleplayer had the leaves just bounce of Rhydon's chest. Um, excuse me? Razor Leaf is 4x effective on Rhydon??? You can't just do that kind of thing!

3) No antisocial characters. This is kind of a personal pet peeve. You can have your characters be ominous, but please, please, PLEASE make them capable of developing friendships... I've seen countless roleplays stop dead in their tracks because someone had a character that inexplicably hated everyone. And none of that "s/he had a dark past" crap. No matter how dark someone's past is, they're still capable of human interaction unless they're completely psychopathic. And nobody likes a psychopath. Don't pretend you do because it's not true, even if you listen to screamo all of the time.

4) I really shouldn't have to say this, but use proper grammar... be an actual writer... use DESCRIPTION! Pretty self-explanatory.

5) Actually, come to think of it, there is an opposite to rule 4 that I'm gonna put into effect. No ridiculously long posts because not only does it make you look really pretentious, but nobody likes reading a gigantic wall of text. It's really tedious. Also, as long as I'm on the topic of being pretentious in role plays, please don't use ridiculous vocabulary that no one else is going to understand. I once roleplayed with a guy who insisted on calling eyes "oculars." Like, I get what it means from context and from the ocu- prefix, but it's really unnecessary...

6) I also shouldn't have to say this because we're in the normal forum, but all normal forum rules apply. That means no spamming, no double-posting, no flaming, etc. etc.

My Sign-Ups:

Name: Dominic
Species: Vibrava

Physical Description:
Like most Vibrava, Dominic tends to surprise others upon revealing that he is Dragon type, and not Bug type. With two antennae protruding from above its giant, expressive, emerald-green eyes, a segmented body, two pairs of wings, and a pair of very scrawny legs that strongly resemble the legs of a common insect, he is more appalled as a bug than revered as a dragon. His two pairs of wings, which form almost perfect geometric diamonds, match the emerald-green shade of his eyes. Another smaller pair of similarly-shaped wings on his tail shares this color, which contrasts the light tan of his body. Compared to other Vibrava, he's a bit scrawny.

History:
Dominic led a thoroughly unremarkable life until he was captured by Nero's generals. Raised as the son of a politician, he was very wealthy, but neither he nor his father was famous, as his family only governed a town. Nonetheless, he received an excellent education and is very well-read and intelligent as a result. He has been taught to always retain good manners, no matter the situation. He had a small group of his friends at the school which he attended, but ever since getting kidnapped by Nero, he has seen neither them nor his parents.

Other: N/A

Name: Tieren

Species:
Zangoose

Physical Description:

Tieren is a little bit smaller than the average Zangoose--while the average Zangoose height stands at 4 feet and 3 inches, Tieren is exactly 4 feet tall. Additionally, his tail is much thinner than the tails of most Zangoose, but not to the extent of being rat-like. Along with his smaller size, this tail gives him a little bit more agility on land.

Aside from these two differences, Tieren is a fairly typical Zangoose, with a white, furry body with ominous, asymmetric red markings all over his body, two long arms with a pair jet-black, long, sharp claws on the end of each, a rather stout body, fat but muscular legs, and a thin face complete with penetrating blue eyes, a small mouth and snout and a pair of long, pointed ears.

History:
Tieren was born to a high-ranking family in PokeRoman society, where he was raised as a fairly quiet individual with very few friends. Nine years prior to this story, when he was 15, his father left to head an important military expedition as issued by Nero. Unfortunately, the ship that Tieren's father was sailing with was ambushed by pirates, who were frustrated after finding no riches and slit the throat of Tieren's father with a dagger.

As a result, Tieren and his mother were relocated to the royal palace as reconciliation by Nero. However, they were made to do manual labor, much to the chagrin of both of them.

Nonetheless, Tieren was a proud Zangoose, and he did the work without complaint. Nero evidently noticed this, as Tieren rose in the ranks of Tieren's workers until he was a commander at the PokeCollosuem. Despite his high ranking, he was opposed to the goings-on at the PokeColloseum, but he was too frightened to complain to Nero. He did his work and spoke to no one, trying not to think about what he was doing as he whipped the kidnapped prisoners into fighting.

Eventually, Tieren met Toxicroak, whose quietly rebellious nature intrigued him. It wasn't long before he overheard a conversation that Toxicroak was having with a few of the other kidnapped Pokemon about an escape plan. Even though it was Tieren's duty to arrest Pokemon with such treasonous plans, he decided to help, as he'd had quite enough of Nero's nonsense. He offered his assistance as an inside-man who knew quite a bit about the inner workings of Nero and his dreadful PokeColloseum. Toxicroak, knowing that his plan would likely fail without such help, accepted him, and managed to lead the escape successfully, but not without the loss of his life.

Tieren fought back hard against the rest of Nero's workers, which stalled for time as the other escaped Pokemon managed to get out of the area. Tieren was quickly outnumbered, so he drew up a Sandstorm cover and escaped into the chaos, rejoining the other escaped Pokemon with a possible plan for overthrowing Nero and bringing lasting peace to PokeRome.

Other: Tieren has a strange genetic mutation that allows him to be unaffected by Sandstorm attacks, just like Ground, Rock, and Steel Pokemon. As a result, he knows the attack and uses it to his advatage quite frequently.

Accepted List:
Me as Dominic the Vibrava
Dark Lord as Rivet the Lairon
Me as Tieren the Zangoose
mickmon95 as Nate the Piplup
mickmon95 as Cynder the Cyndiquil
GoldenrodGirl as Venus the Vulpix
Tombi as Leyton the Grovyle
Coddleflop as Thorn the Roselia
Dragonair blizzard as Ragnl the Houndour
Latisiblings as "Blind" the Gabite
GentleManne as Esther the Kangaskhan
GentleManne as Ulysses the Rhyhorn
mightydes as Aero the Zubat
mightydes as Trae the Nuzleaf
Latio-Reol as Emperor Nero the Regigigas

Reserved List:
-

Hork-Bajir . . . . Taxxon

Last edited by WatchMeBeQuieter; 11-14-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Jack Frost Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jack Frost
Default Re: PokeRome (SU... Obviously)

It looks pretty good but I am just wondering if you have any... events planned? Because I have been in too many Roleplays which just died because it didn't move along. Reserve me for a Wartortle please.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Dark Lord Offline
Experienced Trainer

Name: Rivet
Species: Lairon
Physical Description:
Unlike most Lairon, he is different, with a more pristine white on his armor, and a cerulean blue body. Some might call him shiny. He has 2 horns protruding from his helmet/ armor, and with those diamond- hard skeletal bones, he makes an opponent that is hard to beat, even with the strongest attacks. He has a somewhat amount of speed, like a boulder rolling down a mountain, slow as a snail at first, and getting faster with what seems the speed of a group of trampling Tauros. His legs are humongous, and covered with a titanium- hard armor, and can withstand even the hardest of hits. The almost perfect body forms a tank, nothing can stop the tank once it gets going. He also has the attack of any other Lairon, but his defense it better, to the point of no defeat. He also has a noticeable scar from his with helmet armor, down his back. To other Lairon, he is bigger, maybe he is special...
History:
He hails from a remote island in Sinnoh, where he was born in a cave and abandoned by his mother, only to be found be Nero, and later recruited. He never really had a future except for Nero, the only Pokémon that has ever treated him like a fellow friend. But what he didn't know was that Nero is a jerk, only did he find out later. Then Lairon betrayed Nero, and disbanded from his cruel army. Now he vows to help any Pokémon that Nero's army is Poke-napping, some might call him a traitor.
Other (Optional): Nothing

I have underlined the most important parts of the History.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:10 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Jack Frost: I have some events planned, but I'm going to introduce those in the RP itself. You have a good point though.

Dark Lord: Excellent sign-up! Accepted.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Dark Lord Offline
Experienced Trainer

Is there a story limit in which Pokemon can evolve?
Old 11-06-2010, 03:49 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
Is there a story limit in which Pokemon can evolve?
As long as it's realistic, I have no limits. But don't evolve your Lairon on the first post... have a lead-up to it.

So I guess there are limits, but they're pretty abstract.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Dark Lord Offline
Experienced Trainer

Oh, I understand that. It wouldn't be right to evolve on the first post.. Wouldn't that be kind-of cliché?
Old 11-06-2010, 04:49 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

What do you mean? Like, a lead-up to evolution would be cliche?

I don't know. I just feel like people who roleplay as gigantic Pokemon from the very beginning tend to sacrifice personality for size, which is why I instituted that rule. I'd like to see people get to know Rivet before he evolves into an Aggron.

At any rate, here's my second sign-up:

Name:
Tieren

Species: Zangoose

Physical Description:
Tieren is a little bit smaller than the average Zangoose--while the average Zangoose height stands at 4 feet and 3 inches, Tieren is exactly 4 feet tall. Additionally, his tail is much thinner than the tails of most Zangoose, but not to the extent of being rat-like. Along with his smaller size, this tail gives him a little bit more agility on land.

Aside from these two differences, Tieren is a fairly typical Zangoose, with a white, furry body with ominous, asymmetric red markings all over his body, two long arms with a pair jet-black, long, sharp claws on the end of each, a rather stout body, fat but muscular legs, and a thin face complete with penetrating blue eyes, a small mouth and snout and a pair of long, pointed ears.

History:
Tieren was born to a high-ranking family in PokeRoman society, where he was raised as a fairly quiet individual with very few friends. Nine years prior to this story, when he was 15, his father left to head an important military expedition as issued by Nero. Unfortunately, the ship that Tieren's father was sailing with was ambushed by pirates, who were frustrated after finding no riches and slit the throat of Tieren's father with a dagger.

As a result, Tieren and his mother were relocated to the royal palace as reconciliation by Nero. However, they were made to do manual labor, much to the chagrin of both of them.

Nonetheless, Tieren was a proud Zangoose, and he did the work without complaint. Nero evidently noticed this, as Tieren rose in the ranks of Tieren's workers until he was a commander at the PokeCollosuem. Despite his high ranking, he was opposed to the goings-on at the PokeColloseum, but he was too frightened to complain to Nero. He did his work and spoke to no one, trying not to think about what he was doing as he whipped the kidnapped prisoners into fighting.

Eventually, Tieren met Toxicroak, whose quietly rebellious nature intrigued him. It wasn't long before he overheard a conversation that Toxicroak was having with a few of the other kidnapped Pokemon about an escape plan. Even though it was Tieren's duty to arrest Pokemon with such treasonous plans, he decided to help, as he'd had quite enough of Nero's nonsense. He offered his assistance as an inside-man who knew quite a bit about the inner workings of Nero and his dreadful PokeColloseum. Toxicroak, knowing that his plan would likely fail without such help, accepted him, and managed to lead the escape successfully, but not without the loss of his life.

Tieren fought back hard against the rest of Nero's workers, which stalled for time as the other escaped Pokemon managed to get out of the area. Tieren was quickly outnumbered, so he drew up a Sandstorm cover and escaped into the chaos, rejoining the other escaped Pokemon with a possible plan for overthrowing Nero and bringing lasting peace to PokeRome.

Other: Tieren has a strange genetic mutation that allows him to be unaffected by Sandstorm attacks, just like Ground, Rock, and Steel Pokemon. As a result, he knows the attack and uses it to his advatage quite frequently.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Dark Lord Offline
Experienced Trainer

No, No, No. Like a first story super evolution. Lead up to is ok, like if you do 3 stories and then it evolves.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:19 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

I don't think I understand just yet... like, have him evolve in the first story arc? That's fine, as long as other characters meet and talk to him as a Lairon. However, be sure that you don't godmod, because even as a Lairon, you made it kind of powerful in the SU, and I don't want to see it invincible as a Laron.

Old 11-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Dark Lord Offline
Experienced Trainer

NO Pokemon is invincible, Lairon can still fall to water, and grass, but it is superior to other rock types and such.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:26 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Cool. Just making sure :P

Old 11-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

:'D!! Me me meeeeeee!

Reserve, please!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:52 PM
WatchMeBeQuieter Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
:'D!! Me me meeeeeee!

Reserve, please!
Well of course! Good to see an old friend :)

Old 11-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Oh, goodness, the name generator gave me two epic names at once. Which is better: Leyton, or Griffin? xD
It's for a Grovyle.

Also, where abouts in the Pokemon world are we beginning? I understand that the names for Hoenn, Kanto etc didn't exist, but if they WERE named, where would we be? :P