Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Void Offline

Default Re: |.:The Revocata:.| Now Recruiting! | [7/15] | Official! | Let's increase activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skottles View Post
Glad we have a chat box now. Now if I only I was online when the majority of the clan was lol. Also, sometime this week I am going to try to make a 5th gen team, gotta learn it eventually.
Lol, I haven't really started 5th gen myself either. I made a team, but there are tons on Pokemon that I have no clue about (I usually look them up in the middle of battles xD), and my team isn't prepared for them. I'll probably make a new one soon after I've figured out the main threats in this metagame. :P
Old 12-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Skottles Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Skottles
Default Re: |.:The Revocata:.| Now Recruiting! | [7/15] | Official! | Let's increase activity

If anyone here knows quite a bit about the B/W metagame it would be greatly appreciated if you PM'd me about the main threats and strategies and such. Nothing too much, just a good basis for me to know.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:36 PM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

I have started messing around with Gen Five pokemon but my teams are meh, I have found some good combos, well at least I think. :X
Old 12-02-2010, 02:42 AM
fidgety Offline
Experienced Trainer

honestly most of the gen 5s have left at least something to be desired IMO admitedly i all most all ways use heavy offense (sand) the dragons could do to be faster (base 100+ range) dory's been a great addition 2 my team but despite it's 110hp it really can't eat hits due 2 it's defenses, don't get me started on how over-hyped eccentric ditto is, a lot of thee best additons unfortunately for my team among others went to stall which is hardly my department, the legendary genie trio the pure flying type is out classed by the electric flying one all though the ground flying isn't half bad but it would kill for a better special move pool, 2 of the 4 fighting legends (the offensive ones) have a lot of power behind them + the speed/bulk 2 use it however the defensive ones are betrayed by their typing, some of the new fighting types (non-legendary) are good robushin especially is a terror and really doesn't need more than what it has already.(i've more than likely missed several new pokes but old threats like the lati twins are having an impact although chomp isn't as bad now as i hear it was last time)
Old 12-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

I've been using 5th Gen Trick Room. It's okay, but not as good as 4th Gen IMO.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Void Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgety View Post
honestly most of the gen 5s have left at least something to be desired IMO admitedly i all most all ways use heavy offense (sand) the dragons could do to be faster (base 100+ range) dory's been a great addition 2 my team but despite it's 110hp it really can't eat hits due 2 it's defenses, don't get me started on how over-hyped eccentric ditto is, a lot of thee best additons unfortunately for my team among others went to stall which is hardly my department, the legendary genie trio the pure flying type is out classed by the electric flying one all though the ground flying isn't half bad but it would kill for a better special move pool, 2 of the 4 fighting legends (the offensive ones) have a lot of power behind them + the speed/bulk 2 use it however the defensive ones are betrayed by their typing, some of the new fighting types (non-legendary) are good robushin especially is a terror and really doesn't need more than what it has already.(i've more than likely missed several new pokes but old threats like the lati twins are having an impact although chomp isn't as bad now as i hear it was last time)
Sounds good for me, stall's definitely my department. :P
Old 12-02-2010, 10:03 AM
fidgety Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Sounds good for me, stall's definitely my department. :P
fortunately mix-ape is just as good a stall-breaker as last gen since it's "counter" this gen the water ghost has to invest fairly heavily in special defense to avoid a 2hko from grass knot.
**i've seen some take as much as 58% while other as little as 40% but deoxys-s s + it's rocks + spikes says hi.

Last edited by fidgety; 12-02-2010 at 11:06 AM. Reason: because i can
Old 12-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Skottles Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I'm not sure if this is just me, but does it seem like they ran out of ideas with 5th gen? The new pokemon just seem like they were forced to me, without too much thought going into it.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:12 AM
fidgety Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is just me, but does it seem like they ran out of ideas with 5th gen? The new pokemon just seem like they were forced to me, without too much thought going into it.
i definitely agree w/ that
Old 12-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
I disagree. What makes you think this? If it's the fact that most are similar to other Pokemon, it's due to the theory that if a creature in one country fills a role, then there needs to be one in a different country that fills the same role, which is why you get some animals that looks the same. All comes under diverse evolution.

In fact, Pokemon wise, 5th Gen is my favourite.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:03 PM
fidgety Offline
Experienced Trainer

my issue was that many of the new pokes were based on real life objects + it just didn't seem normal.

**also the smogon server presently has the negitive ranking glitch again just checked + came out -1/13 despite just last night i finished off at 50/4206 in gen 5 standards

Last edited by fidgety; 12-02-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Quote:
my issue was that many of the new pokes were based on real life objects + it just didn't seem normal.

**also the smogon server presently has the negitive ranking glitch again just checked + came out -1/13 despite just last night i finished off at 50/4206 in gen 5 standards
I think the only ones off the top of my head being based on non-living objects were the Vaniputti line, Furijiio and the Yabukaron line. That's not bad, I guess, but there are probably more.

What's the negative ranking glitch?

I'll be on the chatbox, if anyone wants to talk.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:00 PM
fidgety Offline
Experienced Trainer

the negative ranking glitch is a very old bug in the PO program that in short prevents the actual ranking system from working all rankings that are produced come out inaccurate + negative as shown in my example in my previous post it was resolve however it has recently resurfaced in the new smogon server, also my computer has trouble handling the chat box presumably due to the limited available memory so i won't be using it for a while.

Last edited by fidgety; 12-02-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Skottles Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I just feel that the pokemon in this gen look a bit too similar as a whole. A lot of them seem like they will be very fun to use though.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:35 AM
Void Offline

Quote:
fortunately mix-ape is just as good a stall-breaker as last gen since it's "counter" this gen the water ghost has to invest fairly heavily in special defense to avoid a 2hko from grass knot.
**i've seen some take as much as 58% while other as little as 40% but deoxys-s s + it's rocks + spikes says hi.
Definitely not a worry for me. IMO, MixApe has always been terribly overrated as a wallbreaker and any good stall team carries a counter for it... in gen 4 it was Vaporeon, Tentacruel and (I suppose) RestTalk Gyarados. So I can safely say that this gen 5 should suit me. :P