Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Mike Posner Offline

Default Re: Ash's Age

Well if we were counting he would be around 14/15/16.
But since it's a cartoon show and at the beggining of the Unova region they say his age, he never grows.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion

Since he turned 10 in 98', By The Real World, He'd be 20, becuase his Birthday was when the first episode came up in America, Or whatever. He's be 20-21. But, he's 10. Therefore, all the adventures that he took through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and now Unova haven't even been a year yet, becuase think that the show comes on every week for 30 Minutes, out of the 1000's of Episodes, =30,000 Minutes = 20.83 days So, That would describe some of it, But thats just MY Logic.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Ash isn't 11 in canon, because he was specifically stated to be 10 at the start of his Unovian journey.

Ash is similar to many cartoon characters in that he never ages. Notice how Bart Simpson is still 10, despite there being many Christmas episodes? Bad example, but the point still stands.

Ash is 10 and forever will be. Anyone who says otherwise is just in denial that they will 'grow out' of their beloved anime character. :p
Old 09-14-2011, 11:56 AM
winstein Offline

As much as it will be a thrilling thought for Ash to age so that there is some semblance of progress we see in him, I think it's probably for the best that he stays at 10, because if the purpose of the character is to journey through the different places and be entertaining to children at the same time, that's the best way to go. He also tends to make repeated mistakes, which some fans over at Bulbagarden complained, so if he's still at 10, this would be justified a bit.

By the way, at the age of 10, his understanding of romance is limited, like many children like me when I was 10. Besides, Takeshi Shudo (late writer of the anime) even said that Pokemon and romance doesn't blend well, so making Ash a romantic fella may not be the best idea to do in the anime. Thus, another reason he's best stayed at 10.

Thanks for reading.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Captain Jack Harkness Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstein View Post
As much as it will be a thrilling thought for Ash to age so that there is some semblance of progress we see in him, I think it's probably for the best that he stays at 10, because if the purpose of the character is to journey through the different places and be entertaining to children at the same time, that's the best way to go. He also tends to make repeated mistakes, which some fans over at Bulbagarden complained, so if he's still at 10, this would be justified a bit.

By the way, at the age of 10, his understanding of romance is limited, like many children like me when I was 10. Besides, Takeshi Shudo (late writer of the anime) even said that Pokemon and romance doesn't blend well, so making Ash a romantic fella may not be the best idea to do in the anime. Thus, another reason he's best stayed at 10.

Thanks for reading.
Couldn't agree more with this. I think another point could very well be that a lot of other anime's, the main characters have grown up (I'm looking at you naruto!) And people expect the same to happen to pokemon. Still, there's no pleasing everyone.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:20 PM
PapaLuLu27 Offline

Send a message via MSN to PapaLuLu27

It's pretty obvious people, in the Pokémon World, you age normally until you hit 10 years old. At that point no matter how old you are chronologically they'll just call you 10 anyway. Ash is 10. Brock is 10. Professor Oak is 10. Do they ever say otherwise? I didn't think so. At least I'm pretty sure they don't.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Pokemon_Ron Offline

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron

This is a kids show. Everyone needs to understand that. They cater to a young audience so of course they're not gonna have Ash at like age..20. Everyone should stop complaining about it, seriously.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

Heard these same things OVER 9000! times, It's a cartoon. Not reality.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 PM
DerekW Offline

Send a message via ICQ to DerekW
Default hello here

hello here !
Old 10-04-2011, 03:01 AM
pkmnrulz Offline

Love when people complain about ash's age. It a childrens cartoon. Heck he could go 2 1000 regions and still be 10, though thats......highly unlikely.

->top16 vgc2012 New jersey
->6th place vgc 2012 Rhode Island
->Highest rated american on random match-ups double!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

I think because if Ash becomes older or something, it will affect the mangas or the anime somehow(^^)
Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Well the whole goal of the show is, and I quote:

Quote:
Travel around all the regions, collect all of the gym badges, never age
And as they say:
IT SH1TS MONEY!

(Excuse me for my language)

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 10-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Pokemonpal7 Offline

I will excuse your French >_>. anyway, it'd be good to bring May back as travelling partner because a) gives adv.shippers a field day, b) that has to show ageing, doesn't it? I mean, if they've said about Anniversarys, en they would hve to referv to how long it's been since they travelled together. Oh and the coma idea.... Just doesn't work for me.

Click the badge to see the gym menu at Pokefarm.com! My gym is The Tectonic Gym! Credit to Vasden2 from Pokefarm.com for the badge case.