Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 06:58 AM
changoo Offline
Banned

Default B/W VGC Discussion

Does anyone know anything about the rules of 2011's VGC?

Normally I'd just wait until their released, but on Pokemon Online any Pokemon that are not in the Isshu/Unova Pokedex are banned from the VGC 2011 tier, so basically I'm wondering if the Pokemon I'm currently training in Heart Gold will be ineligible for next years tournament.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:09 AM
NTT Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: B/W VGC Discussion

Yes they will be ineligible.

Off the top of my head:
-Doubles, as per usual.
-The standard "bring six, use four" format will be in effect. You can bring along six pokémon and choose which four you wish to use each game.
-This year items will not be moved around the team, and must stay as they are on your team roster.
-Level 50 battles. Pokemon higher than level 50 will be auto-levelled down, while those below level 50 will not be.
-No duplicate pokemon or items.
-All members of the team must be from the Isshu Dex
-The Zbanlist is as follows: Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genosect

Pretty sure that's it. If you download the Pokemon Online Battle Simulator, there's usually a few people playing VGC at any one time so you can find games for practice there. From what I've played, Trick Room Rankurusu is going to be a major threat.

Wifi (Soul Silver): 1677 6730 3945
Shoddy Battle (Smogon Server): NTT
Pokémon Online (Beta Server): NTT
Closed Thread