Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 04-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Joe Moma Offline
Master Trainer

Default Hunting

what do you think of hunting post what you think

Last edited by Joe Moma; 04-04-2004 at 08:48 PM. Reason: i farted
Old 04-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange
Default Re: Hunting

What? You farted, passed out and your head hit the enter key B4 you could start typing?

Ok...this is better...it still doesent belong here but...

IMO Hunting for pleasure is disusting. Killing an animal just so you can have fun seems wrong to me.

Last edited by Agent Orange; 04-04-2004 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Joe corrected it.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:16 PM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

I'm against hunting as a sport. I'm an animal lover... and to me, killing for fun is wrong.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

How would you like to get shot because someone likes to pull a trigger?

I can understand to help the population stay down, but who is helping OUR population stay down? We are causing the next mass extinction. In 25 years, the world will not produce enough food to feed itself. The United States wont have this problem for about 75 years.

BTW, if you want to pull a trigger, play paintball
Old 04-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

Or go to the arcade....
Old 04-05-2004, 07:13 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

Hunting is very good in certain respects. God created animals like deer to be food for mankind. If they are not hunted at all, they will over populate, there won't be enough food for them all, and they will die from starvation. Wouldn't it be better for them to die a quick death and be food for mankind then for them to slowly suffer from starvation? I think they should be hunted to the point were there is a good number of them left, not too many, not to few. Unfortunately today the hunting laws are becoming more and more restricted, and animals like bears are coming down into towns because there are too many. That needs to be changed. One other thing I'll mention is that it is utterly worthless and just wrong to kill an animal just for fun and leave it there. That's something I liked about the Indians, when they killed an animal they used everything from it. Nothing went to waste.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 04-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Sutiivun Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Sutiivun Send a message via Yahoo to Sutiivun

You shouldn't kill animals for fun. It's as simple as that.

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
~Nathan Hale before his death in the Revolutionary War~
Old 04-05-2004, 07:35 PM
DragonTamer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonTamer Send a message via Yahoo to DragonTamer

Hunting should be illegal. There's no reason for it. Killing to thin the population? That's just stupid. There's just way too many people on this planet and we're worried about there being to many animals?! I mean come on, people are already looking in to settle on Mars cause this place is too crowded. If we didn't get rid of the wolves and other things that used to live around here that ate deer and stuff then there wouldn't be an overpopulation. My dad hunts as well as most of my family and it makes me sick. Whenever we have a family reunion, that's all they talk about. I can't stand the thought of it. It's cruel, simple as that. What if the poor creature is still alive and in pain and then the hunter guts it while it's still trying to hang in there?! I hate my birthday cause it's the start of deer season and if I want to go up to our cottage because I love it up there (so peaceful and lots of animals) to celebrate it, all I hear are gun shots in the distance and see dead deers hanging on the cars driving in front of me. This world is so sick and twisted. I hate every last bit of it except the poor sweet animals that are forced to try and survive within our rules. They're forced into ranges and they can't go wherever they please. If they get too close to anything, bam. No bear. Bam, no coyote. It's just sick. It's so frustrating how so many people around where I live don't give a **** about animals.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

I agree with Dragon Tamer. We ***** and moan about animal populations, when the ONLY country trying to keep its population down (even though it isn't working very well) is China. As far as I know, they are the only country who permits only ONE child per family, as it is a law. Honestly, I can't say to hunt ourselves down, but we are screwed over either way. The only way to keep populations down would be to live in a society like in the novel Anthem. If you haven't read it, or don't know what its about, read it. It's very good. Humans won't be around here much longer until we can control how we populate. Of course, we are just another species bound to die out at some point anyway, so our end is inevitable. How long our resources hold out is how long we stay...and thats not gonna last for another 200 years ._.

BTW, **** Mars. We will try to colonize but fail.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:41 PM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000

I think that, if a species carrying capacity in an area has been passes, then hunting of that animal (excluding sport hunting) should be allowed, but kept in very close watch to make sure it doesn't get out of control. If hunting laws are too relaxed, not only could that species fall well below it's norm by the work of humans, but other species that depend on that animal for survival could also plummet.

Level 100 at 632
Old 04-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Hunting and killing a animal just for fun is plain wrong. Mostly no one in the world cares if a deer dies from a gun shot. They either want a bite to eat or praise from thier adult friends. **** hunting. Hell, millions of years from now or even today aliens could come and shoot and kill us for fun and then we'll know what its like to get shot for the sake of fun.

EDIT: The only acceptable way to me for hunting is if the species have over populated. Even if there was not any food for animals to live of of we have food. We can make food grow faster and everything but we never spare veggies for the animals. To me an advanced race like us to say that animals must die because there is no food for them is an excuse.

Last edited by Tamer Marco; 04-06-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Thunderbird Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Thunderbird

If we hunt animals becoz they are overpopulated, we should hunt among ourselves too. u see, human are overpopulated. they are everywhere.

and this thread should belong to Other Discussion.

Current team:
Old 04-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

Sport hunting, I'm strongly agaisnt. Hunting for food, I dont support, but pretty much my whole family does it. I hate hunting myself. =\
Old 04-09-2004, 01:33 AM
Joe Moma Offline
Master Trainer

well if people banned hunting you would have people going crazzy and killing people and the number of deer ducks and rabbit would go up to much and they would starve. and they would all die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Phoenix004 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Phoenix004 Send a message via MSN to Phoenix004

Oookaaayyy! *backs away from Joe*
Personally, I think killing animals for fun is not only wrong, but evil. How can you justify taking an innocent creatures life for no reason? It's unthinkable!

"Remember, battles may be won or lost but if the battlers do not learn, the battle served no purpose."