Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew
Default Re: What are you listening to right now.

Hmmm.... I agree with Jack and Juno here.... interesting, yeah?

I don't agree with it actually being a "What are you listening to now" thread... because that just permits you guys to post every time you listen to a new song and rack up your post count... it can be abused, hence why Jack locked it.

On the other hand, Neo said that he has found some good music in that thread... which is a good point. It is sharing what you like to listen to.

I have an opinion of my own. How about a compramise? What if, instead of the current thread, we create an entire new one where people can post what music they were, are, or will be interested in... like the URPG stats, each person can keep a collection of favorite songs and generes in ONE post in order for other people to view thier likes and dislikes, and then we can have a music discussion thread where people can discuss upon what the best music is. It may take a little bit of organinzing, but I'm sure there are some members here willing to help out... why not make both sides of the 'debate' happy by giving them both what they want?
Old 08-21-2005, 11:06 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

I think it's straight the way it is.

It's organised enough for most of us. Having just one post to update every week will get redundant quite fast, iMO. I don't see many people participating in a discussion thread either. Just look at the Upcoming Movies and the Music Scene . Music should be about the moment. Besides, we DO discuss in the current thread.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Genesis 1.0 Offline

Well since there is an active panel of Moderators, why don't you all take the general consensus i.e. vote amongst yourselves in favor of what you think is best?

Old 08-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by !CeMAn
I think it's straight the way it is.

It's organised enough for most of us. Having just one post to update every week will get redundant quite fast, iMO. I don't see many people participating in a discussion thread either. Just look at the Upcoming Movies and the Music Scene . Music should be about the moment. Besides, we DO discuss in the current thread.
I like it when you post in there !ce, you usually have something to say about the band at hand...and I usually love the band you're listening to.

But the discussion can be fun! If people were more like !ce, and perhaps the occasional post with discussion from say Genesis or myself, it's less...spammy

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 08-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Genesis 1.0 Offline

Heh, since Ice can't shut up we might as well use that to our advantage.

Old 08-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0
Heh, since Ice can't shut up we might as well use that to our advantage.
I like the way you think Genesis

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 08-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

Ugh, why didn't I see this yesterday. Matthew has been the only one with the correct answer: it's there to rack up postcount. I can sit there all day posting songs that I may not even be listening to, and by the end of the day, I will have enough posts to have finished a VPP. I agree on the fact that there needs to be more discussion. If people really commented on the songs, or posted why they like the band in the first place, I would change my opinion.

Either do that, or move the thread to the games board, where we can still learn about new songs and bands, NP, without getting the unearned rise in our postcount.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Genesis 1.0 Offline

I highly doubt that any of the regulars (Myself, Iceman, Thantos, Biozone) are there to get a higher post count, only the n00bs are so obsessed with that till they realize a n00b with 20,000 posts is still treated like a n00b.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't simply lump everyone into some inane prespective. The only reason I can see for someone like yourself with no real involvement within the thread is that you're worried about your post count being overrun.

What was that I was saying about n00bs again?

Old 08-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0
I highly doubt that any of the regulars (Myself, Iceman, Thantos, Biozone) are there to get a higher post count, only the n00bs are so obsessed with that till they realize a n00b with 20,000 posts is still treated like a n00b.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't simply lump everyone into some inane prespective. The only reason I can see for someone like yourself with no real involvement within the thread is that you're worried about your post count being overrun.

What was that I was saying about n00bs again?
I already have over 5K posts and 20 VPPs...am I really there for posts?

I just like the idea of sharing what you listen to with the world, and hopefully giving someone something that they might enjoy listening to.

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 08-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Genesis 1.0 Offline

Exactly, no one is there to up post counts, at least not those who do it regularly. It's all about a real peer to peer share of musical information.

Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Matthew, *looks at Matthew's post count* I don't think you should be talking about people trying to rack up their post counts.

The regulars, like Genesis said, aren't there to rack up post counts they're there to tell people what music they like and to find some good musicto listen to.

My biggest problem with it being locked is that it was here for 8 months, Ryan doesn't have a problem with it, and then after 200 and some pages its all of the sudden locked.

This suit is black not.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Incongruity Send a message via MSN to Incongruity Send a message via Yahoo to Incongruity

The problem here goes beyond the thread itself having been locked. I think what we are really complaining about is the lack of modular organization. No, we don't need a head G-Mod or whatever for this, but we do need some "teamwork" among the mods. However, in order for there to be teamwork, everyone needs to be constantly active, so they know what's going on. Unfortunately, not all the mods are active like that, so they'll just go off on their own tangents whenever they need an ego boost. Other G-Mods are in place purely to fill a spot and prevent actual G-Mods from getting in.

Since it is impossible to convince any real G-Mods to work together, I say we have a "statute of limitations" for crimes. That way, threads won't be locked because a G-Mod needs a power rush, but rather because a thread is violating one of the rules. This will also encourage G-Mods to be more efficient, instead of letting it lie there until a naive n00b posts there thinking it's alright (After all, it's probably been there for a very long time) and then BAM! That G-Mod can 0wN the n00b and his or her ego is satisfied for the day. Of course, in the process, the other members suffer because that G-Mod has to then lock the thread.

Also, I'd kind of like G-Mods to be a little more responsible; I mean, the constantly fluctuating bannage criteria and periods make the administration look like a fresh eliminated turd. I'm sure we all know what I'm talking about.

You see, all the suggestions I'm giving are present in real life; why? Because in real life, there's money, there's sex, there's all the vices of life. It is assumed that these vices corrupt public servants; therefore, limits are placed. Online, the G-Mods have no such limits, because it is assumed that they are capable. However, when G-Mods become either negligent or purposely malicious, they need limits just like actual public servants. Of course, way back when we all know that no such problems occured because G-Mods were capable, were knowledgeable, and were team players. One solution to what we have here is to restore such capable G-Mods, but because that will never happen, I say we introduce the shackles with which to control power: have a statute of limitations and a set guideline for punishment.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Genesis 1.0 Offline

How Ironic that through all that talking you just proved that a Head Global MOD is needed. The gist of it all is that you think the current staff is not capable and go off on personal tangents, whereas a Head Global MOD would eliminate such issues by handing out these tasks and ensuring that each staff member executes them.

Old 08-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Incongruity Send a message via MSN to Incongruity Send a message via Yahoo to Incongruity

oh yes, of course, how wonderful an idea. An oligarchy ruled by a despot.

An independent tribunal is necessary to judge the actions of the moderating staff. If vbulletin allows, I think a new rank should be made with the following powers:

-Unlock locked threads
-Unban banned members
-Ban G-Mods and Mods, but not regular members

Next, we should have a third branch which comprises all members. They will regularly vote in the poll section on things like, "How long should we keep Genesis 1.0 banned? Three days or forever?" and they will pass laws of pe2k. In addition to passing laws, they will add on some government pork at the end of the bills to support their own Judeo-Christian agenda.

Have you figured out if I'm mocking a certain system of government or if I'm serious yet? Neither have I.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Personally, I saw nothing wrong with the thread. I, obviously, have posted there in the past, and, like others, I've benefitted from knowing what music other members find to be popular.

Of course, concerned that some might find it pointless, months ago I requested that posters say a line or two describing what they like about the song, as opposed to one or two posts of discussion every page or so. It's what thing knowing what music is popular, but it's another to know why it's popular.

Unfortunately, it only lasted a page or so before people continued to post names and nothing more. With this event, I urge anyone posting into the thread to post whatever reason you may have for liking the song. You might like the vocals, or the stand-alone lyrics. You might like the instrumental track, or the mood it sets. You may even like the song because you love the video which accompanies it - if any - and listening to the song reminds you of the video itself.

Whatever reason you like the song, post it. A single line, or a full paragraph; the purpose of the thread is to show others what music you like, as well as popular music. By expanding that, you can even leave a larger range open for discussion, just for an extra 30 seconds of typing before pressing the submit button.

At least consider it.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Closed Thread