Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Intro Boards Ľ PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Genesis 1.0 Offline

Default Re: What are you listening to right now.

Makes sense, I'm sure the regulars, present company included, can enforce this little clause in order to avoid the thread being closed again.

Meh, I just posted the notice in the middle of the thread and will personally enforce it by reporting anything that violates the mandate.

Last edited by Genesis 1.0; 08-21-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:04 PM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0
Heh, since Ice can't shut up we might as well use that to our advantage.
So true!

I like Zen's idea. Since we've practically been doing that for a couple weeks now. However, i'm not sure i agree with it being a manditory rule... Sometimes, there's not much you might want to say about a song; It happens to be rolling through the play list. As long as members are at least doing it every few posts, we should be ok. I'm sure regulars could keep an eye on who's just there to SPAM, and who's really participating.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Khashoggi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Khashoggi Send a message via MSN to Khashoggi

Quote:
Makes sense, I'm sure the regulars, present company included, can enforce this little clause in order to avoid the thread being closed again.

Meh, I just posted the notice in the middle of the thread and will personally enforce it by reporting anything that violates the mandate.

Oh, come on. You might have had authority once, but this is just pathetic.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

I see no reason for it to have been locked. I breaks no rules what so ever. People post more than 4 words. As for the upping of posts....why do you care...really?

Also as for telling why you like it or whatever...NO! It's what are you listeing to? NOT Discuss what are you listening to? There's a difference.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Genesis 1.0 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Little Thing

Oh, come on. You might have had authority once, but this is just pathetic.
Things change over time but I guess being a ****** is a lifetime commitment.

In any case, as it's been stated over and over, the n00bs who stop in need to actually be aware of what the rules are, so when their posts are deleted they won't get a brain wedgie.

I don't see you doing anything to promote the thread's prolonged activity so play in traffic.

Old 08-22-2005, 02:26 AM
Khashoggi Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Khashoggi Send a message via MSN to Khashoggi

Quote:
Things change over time but I guess being a ****** is a lifetime commitment.

In any case, as it's been stated over and over, the n00bs who stop in need to actually be aware of what the rules are, so when their posts are deleted they won't get a brain wedgie.

I don't see you doing anything to promote the thread's prolonged activity so play in traffic.
At least I don't have any illusions about what I actually am. You still seem to think you're a g-mod.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:48 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Hence why I recommended what I did, DA...

Why wouldn't my suggestion work? It makes a hell of a lot sense to me. Every so often, update your favorite's list in the one thread, and if you feel like it, go over to the 'discussion' thread, and talk about them and the such... that way, you guys can still share your songs, and then we can talk about them if need be. That way, Posts containing only names aren't being posted, making the mods happy, and you semi-happy at the same time.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:54 AM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

Meh it seems fine now, were posting lines along with the song. So it's not spamming. :P
Old 08-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

Quote:
Sorry, but until you, Jack, or anyone else can really give a reasonable explanation as to why it really needs to be locked and what kind of damage it does by being left open, Iím reopening the thread.
Honstely, I didnít think it needed an explanation. But if you really want it...

When the thread started in Other Chat, I saw it and knew it needs to be locked. But the thread disappeared so I thought it was locked by another mod. Then I discover the thread in OE and realize itís the same thread. (I donít visit OE because I figure other mods go there.)
You canít say after 250+ posts that the thread isnít being used like post-enhancing drugs. How difficult is it to post every 5 minutes, pending someone else posted. I did the math and you can get 288 posts a day just by doing that. Though, no one has done that or come close, Iím saying it is possible.

Itís pretty much the same people posting in that thread with the occasional surprise member. Youíd think after 8 months of repeating the same song, people would know what songs you listen to. On top of that, some have stated they use the thread to find good songs. If itís the same people with pretty much the same songs, how useful is this in finding new songs to like? Recently, Iíve seen one person post only one artist (occasionally something else). How repetitive can it get?

Discussion is at minimum. Maybe if itís lucky every 15 pages will have some comment about someone elseís post. Plus, the only discussion is about ďya, I like that song/artist tooĒ and nothing about ďI think Iíll listen to that song and see what itís likeĒ.

Just because something is popular doesnít make it right. Citizens may have majority support for a war, does that make fighting any more justifiable? Take for another example, the Hurt-Heal thread. A good idea but got out of control and people used it for post raising.
Youíd also think if the thread is so popular and it has been around for 8 months, someone would have stickied it by now.

Iíve seen people post a song and the very next day (or two days) post the same song again.

One person would post a song and another would post the same song on the next page and wonít care to quote that first post ďoh, Iím listening to that right now too.Ē

Some people posted after every other person with a song by the same band. Theyíre listening to a CD. How hard is it to say ďIím listening to such-and-such CD right nowĒ instead of racking up posts by posting a song at a time.

In the past week, the thread increased 44 pages. Even an active mod might have trouble trying to keep up with the thread in order to Ďmoderateí it.

Hereís two excerpts from the thread:
Quote:
*Why aren't we posting hwores tonight. :P
*This is the only legalized SPAM thread in the entire community...
*Lol I know.
Quote:
Now I know where ??? and ??? get all their posts from.
and now to comment on member posts:
Quote:
Well, the only thing I have to say is that Lep, your "locked" image sucks ass. I mean, it's not even funny, it's a boring modification of an overused motto, and it's poor quality too. Either make it graphically appealing or hilarious. Better yet, don't lock threads at all.
Itís not supposed to be funny. It gets the point across and itís not boring by just saying *locked*. Besides, Iím not a graphics person and I do have others.
Quote:
- post a song
- wait for the next person (to avoid double posting)
- repeat
a good summary of the thread from the general viewers outside the thread.
Quote:
Of course, concerned that some might find it pointless, months ago I requested that posters say a line or two describing what they like about the song, as opposed to one or two posts of discussion every page or so. It's what thing knowing what music is popular, but it's another to know why it's popular.
I saw that was posted in March and it lasted a post and a half. And even though I see now they are discussing a line about the song, it doesnít change the fact that theyíve probably posted the song before. Over repetitive threads need to stop, take a break, then maybe it can come back if the interest is still there.
Quote:
At least consider it.
There-in lies the reason to why it only lasted that long. We need to be more strict and enforce what we say. ĎConsider ití basically means Ďyou can do it if you want but you donít have toí. What does that solve in the thread?
Quote:
But the discussion can be fun! If people were more like !ce, and perhaps the occasional post with discussion from say Genesis or myself, it's less...spammy
Quote:
Meh it seems fine now, were posting lines along with the song. So it's not spamming. :P
The way those sentences are written indicates they know/knew of the threads spam capacity.
Quote:
skís gmod post #27
nice input.

---------------
You have to look at something from an outside perspective in order to see itís faults.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 08-22-2005, 06:25 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

Here Lep, just too prove that Ryan doesn't care if it's open.

VenusaurTrainer2: Hey.
PokemonElite2K: Hey
VenusaurTrainer2: I wanted you too see this thread.
VenusaurTrainer2: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...read.php?t=110 32&page=1&pp=15
PokemonElite2K: What about it?
VenusaurTrainer2: Lep locked that thread, but NP opened it back up because it had a reason.
VenusaurTrainer2: I just want your thoughts on it.
PokemonElite2K: Okay, I think it's worked out right? It's open now?
VenusaurTrainer2: yes.
VenusaurTrainer2: Thanks for looking at it.
PokemonElite2K: NP

So if the head cheese doesn't care, why do you Lep?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

just because the thread is going to remain open, doesn't mean I have to change my opinion, does it? and I care because it's my job and I'm trying to promote healthy threads.

maybe next time you talk to Ryan, you can send him the link to this thread and give him a chance to see the other side of the issue, and not just your own. thanks.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 08-22-2005, 08:23 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_leprachaun33
just because the thread is going to remain open, doesn't mean I have to change my opinion, does it? and I care because it's my job and I'm trying to promote healthy threads.

maybe next time you talk to Ryan, you can send him the link to this thread and give him a chance to see the other side of the issue, and not just your own. thanks.

~Jack~
I showed him the thread Lep, if you would have read my quotes. :P
Old 08-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Quote:
PokemonElite2K: Okay, I think it's worked out right? It's open now?
It looks like Ryan doesn't even really realize that it isn't solved yet... seeing as you or him made no reference to this thread, or the arguments that are taking place at all. That whole, brief conversation between you two appears to be rushed... maybe if you two had a deeper discussion about it, Ryan wouldn't have just passed over it like it was no big deal...
Old 08-22-2005, 09:40 PM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos
It looks like Ryan doesn't even really realize that it isn't solved yet... seeing as you or him made no reference to this thread, or the arguments that are taking place at all. That whole, brief conversation between you two appears to be rushed... maybe if you two had a deeper discussion about it, Ryan wouldn't have just passed over it like it was no big deal...
My God, look I showed the man the damn thread.

PokemonElite2K: Hey
VenusaurTrainer2: I wanted you too see this thread.
VenusaurTrainer2: http://empire.ma.cx/pokemonelite200...hread.php?t=110 32&page=1&pp=15
PokemonElite2K: What about it?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

You showed him that thread... has he seen this one?

Shoot... nevermind XD lol. I thought you showed him the other thread...

bad matt... bad! lol.