Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:02 AM
TsukiKaiki64 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to TsukiKaiki64 Send a message via Yahoo to TsukiKaiki64
Default Dead Shouldn't Write

Because whatever they say isn't for anyone's ears.

This is the squeal to an earlier story of mine, Rayne, Rayne Go Away. I suggest reading the first one before this one, but you shouldn't be too lost without the first.

This is the story of Rayne's life after the Hunger Games. This is the story of how she lived through her days knowing that she killed an innocent young boy, Deven Nave, and how every day she read the letters he had written before his death.

Pokemon;; Nincada x2
Characters Needed;; 10k-20k
Characters without Spaces;; 13931
Characters with Spaces;; 17061

Warning;; Refernces to violent acts

Paired with my love, the incredibly awesome and amazingly fantastic Shock <3
Black and White Teams

Black FC: Alexa, 5243 2120 8993

Last edited by TsukiKaiki64; 02-23-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:03 AM
TsukiKaiki64 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Dead Shouldn't Write

My name is Deven Nave. I am fourteen years old. I’m from District Ten and I’m still alive. I’m not sure how, but I am. I’ve had this paper for a while-- kept it safe for a while until I thought I was going to die. Yes, I’ve written letters like this before. But this time it’s different. This time—to whoever is reading this, it’s different! This time, I know I’m going to die. Sorry! Nincada just scared me—no big deal— and this eraser isn’t all that great. Anyways, I think we’re safe for now. I sure hope so.
--Deven Nave, 31st of October

This letter was found among many others by the survivor of this year’s Hunger Game. Rayne of District Eight killed this boy, and then she found this letter. She wanted to keep this brave boy’s testimony alive in the eyes of the Capitol and of District Ten. Rayne and her partner, Kirlia, started on a statue that would be placed in the center of District Ten. Rayne’s acts of kindness had surprised everyone. This boy and killed Ara-Jay, the father of her young child. The child that would never know his father.

Still, as Rayne hurried through the unsorted documents, she asked herself why she killed him—in the end, that is. He had done the same thing that she had always tried to do, stay alive. Yet she shot him through the heart with an arrow after he tried to get to the pond she was guarding. She killed him because he had killed the man she loved. She killed him because she wanted to survive-- because she needed to survive.

I found this bag in the woods today. There was a jacket inside and some paper, which I will use carefully. Nincada is scouting the area as I write. I don’t want someone to find me while I write these. It’s embarrassing to write these. No one should ever have to read these. I’m not sure why I’m writing them in the first place.
--Deven Nave, 30nd of September

Tears streamed down Rayne’s ashen white face as she read the words of this boy, the boy who had been killed ruthlessly by her. She had been taken over by a rage and had never truly realized that this boy had a family, friends. Maybe even a girl he had his eyes on. She looked back at the stacks of filthy, crumbled letters and sighed loudly. Why she was so obsessed with these letters was a mystery to her. They scared her, but she read on.

My sponsor sent me some food today. It was like seeing a feast for the first time in my life. They gave me salads for Nincada with lots of unusual fruits and vegetables; like tomatoes and apples. He loved it. They gave me some bread rolls—with butter!—and chicken soup. It was amazing and delicious. I still can’t believe someone gave me that. I thought I was going to starve to death. I wish I could thank them, but I don’t really know how. Guess I’ll just have to win the games.
--Deven Nave, 1th of October

Nincada wants me to write a letter about him. Nincada is great, trust me. Best Pokemon I’ve ever met. He loves a good laugh and is always there for me—though I’m not sure if that’s because of our situation or because he just likes me. I think he just likes me a bunch. And I think he wants you to know that his favorite berry is the Razz berry. Guess he likes spicy and dry foods.
--Deven Nave, 2nd of October

Rayne paused in her reading. Deven’s situation—The Hunger Games—was a cruel, savage way to keep the twelve Districts in order. Killing children between the ages of twelve and eighteen- how wonderful is that? Two of these kids from each District are forced to participate in The Hunger Games. A fight to death is what it was, and there could only be one winner. Rayne Wiress was the 89th winner of The Hunger Games, one of seven winners to be from District Eight—home of factories. Rayne’s knowledge of machines and her Kirlia’s Psychic powers helped her survive what has now become her nightmare. Each tribute—one of the kids who had to play in the Games—was given one Pokemon Partner. Just like how Rayne’s partner was Kirlia, Deven’s was Nincada. The human and Pokemon were connected using microscopic chips. If one died, the chip would inject a poison into the other, killing them.

Shuffling through the other stacks of letters she had, Rayne remembered that she hadn’t had any lunch that day. As she stood up to prepare a meal for herself, she thought back to when she was in the Games. To when she was forced to kill. To when she almost starved to death. The pale brunette shivered from the memories.

Resting a hand on her swollen stomach, Rayne opened the sleek, silver refrigerator. From a squishy beanbag chair in the corner, Kirlia hopped up. “Rayne,” he warned cautiously.

Kirlia had chosen to go through a painful procedure to be able to speak in the English language. His voice was broken up in places, his English chopped. It was hard to understand him sometimes, but Rayne always listened to what he had to say.

“What?” Rayne asked, looking royally pissed at her partner. There were bags under her pale blue eyes and her hair hadn’t been brushed that day.

“Don’t strain yourself,” Kirlia said as he stepped in between his Trainer and the refrigerator. He lightly pushed Rayne out of the way, barely even touching her, as he used his Psychic to move some white bread, turkey and cheese onto the table.

Rayne nodded, sliding onto one of the chairs that surrounded the dark wood table. She snatched the remote from the counter and turned on one of the large, onyx-black televisions. The screen clicked and a white line appeared before giving way to the larger picture. The news channel was showing Ariella Southgate, the famous news anchor, talking excitedly about the Deven Nave project in District Ten. Rayne leaned forward, interested in what kind of headway they were making.

But Ariella Southgate talked of a fire that had ravaged through District Ten, destroying both homes and lives. Rayne’s eyes were filled tears as she watched pictures flash across the screen of the charred houses and burnt bodies. The statue was even lying in a pile of melted and singed stone. Kirlia jumped onto the table, abandoning the sandwich supplies, to watch the screen with Rayne. They had both read Deven’s letters and they felt close to the dead boy, but this was just awful and disappointing.

Nincada and I just found a bunch of berry trees! Can you believe it? Food for us and it even helps with burns and stuff. I haven’t written anything for a while, but yesterday there was a fire. It burned our little hut right to the ground and my left hand was really badly burned. But we found some Rawst berries among the others and they cleared it right up! It’s amazing. I think the burn was even infected, but a couple Oran berries made it feel as good as new!
--Deven Nave, 5th of October

You’ll never believe what just happened! Nincada and I were looking for a new place to stay, since our last one got burned down, and we found another Nincada! She’s adorable, and I think he name is Ninny. At least, she keeps saying that over and over again. I really think my Nincada likes her a lot. I feel a bit lonely now, since they keep on chattering in their own little Nincada-Pokemon language. Man that’s getting annoying… Anyways, Ninny is really nice and I even think that Nincada likes her. Kind of obvious why, though.
--Deven Nave, 7th of October

Nincada and Ninny found a great new place to stay. It might be really dangerous—I saw this one girl, Myddie, in the trees with her Quilava yesterday evening. I hope she didn’t see me. No, of course she didn’t see me. If she did I’d be dead already. Anyways, this is a really nice place. A little cave on the side of a large cliff. I’m only afraid of what happens if the tide gets too high…. We just gotta hope for the best, I guess. At least it’s close to the berry trees.
--Deven Nave, 9th of October

Ninny is bringing Oran berries and Chesto berries. Nincada has a really high fever. All he ever does is sleep and I’m afraid if he sleeps for too long, he’ll never wake up. That’s what the Chesto berries are for, to give him if he sleeps for too long. But Nincada seems pretty happy. Ninny and I take turns guarding our current home and write now that’s Ninny’s job. It looks like she heard something…. It was a pair of Skitty head-butting the berry trees. Thank goodness.
--Deven Nave, 17th of October

It was late at night as Rayne hovered over the letters, reading over them for the second and third time—each. The seventeen-year-old girl’s head was spinning with the thoughts of the fire in District Ten. Apparently it hadn’t been an accident. Three young men hated how Rayne was trying so hard to help the people there and had set fire to one of the two churches there, the only one of the two that was helping with the statues. Luckily the only casualty in the church was an elderly man by the name of Mavis Windernos who had been born and raised in that church; guess he wanted to die with it too. The Fire-Fighting Squad of Pokemon had gotten there in time to see that no one else from the church burned, but sadly the fire had by then spread to the poorest parts of District Ten and had completely wiped them out.

The desk rattled as Rayne stood up, walking over to the bag that had once contained the haunting letters. The dark brown leather was coarse to the touch and dust flew off it as Rayne picked it up. The young mother brushed away the dust on the harsh fabric, sneezing as she did so. She listened closely, hoping that Kirlia’s snores would continue. She sighed with relief when she heard them again. Kirlia would throw a fit if he knew that she was still awake at this ungodly hour. She placed some of the letters inside the bag, weighing it before setting it down again. She sighed, wiping away one of the thousand tears she has shed over Ara-Jay and Deven.

Rayne has shed many tears for Deven, even though she only once met him—and that was when she had killed him. It broke her heart, hearing this boy’s pleas for life after she had ended his. His family refused to talk to her, but that was understandable.

I guess I should write about my parents. I’ve never been that close to my mom, but I rarely ever talk to my dad. All he ever does is yell at me. He tells me that I’m a failure; that I’ll never be able to help feed my family. You see, I am the second oldest out of eight kids. There’s my older brother Jaymes, me, the twins—Shae and Kaia—then there are the three youngest ones, Lawanda, Jareth and Elicia. We’re not the richest family out there and with eight kids, getting everyone fed can be really hard sometimes. My mom is working a lot and my dad is always trying to scam money out of people, so he can buy food for the younger ones. Normally Jaymes and I are starving, but sometimes we get enough food to last a while. Those are some of the best days. Anyways, back to the topic, my dad hates it when I don’t bring home enough money or food, so he hits me a few times and then makes me sleep outside. That might not sound so bad, but in District Ten it’s always freezing cold at night and my dad never gives me any blankets or anything. He’s strict, but he is just trying to help Lawanda, Jareth and Elicia. I understand him and I don’t fault him for it.
--Deven Nave, 8th of October

I hate to burden whoever might read this with a whole lot of depressing junk, but I feel like I should talk about my home—District Ten. We specialize in mathematical research and foreign languages. We are the only District outside of the Capitol to interact with foreign countries through trade. District Ten is very well known by the largest river in Panem(our country). They say it was once called the Misssisippie River. Silly name, isn’t it? I don’t think I spelled it right, just so you know. Anyways, it’s not that bad in District Ten. The higher-ups are strict and keep everyone in line. Apparently my uncle was a higher up until one of The Hunger Games took his son. My mom says that it tore my uncle apart and now he’s homeless, unless he’s already dead. I really want to see him again—he was our funny uncle.
(flip paper over)
I should give you an update with Nincada and Ninny too. Nincada is still recovering, but luckily he’s awake more often. I think my Aunt Rexanna mentioned that sleep is good when you’re sick… Oh well, Nincada will just have to rest up when he’s better. Ninny is really helpful, though. My water bottle was all out of water yesterday and since it didn’t rain, we had no water. But Ninny volunteered to stay with Nincada for a while, so that I could go back to a pond we found about a week ago.
--Deven Nave, 17th of October.

Thank goodness Deven had dated each of his letters; otherwise Rayne would be at a loss for how they had been organized in the bag. Or, rather, not been organized. The letters had been crammed together, as if Deven took them out and read them each day. Rayne wished she had that paper during her time in the deadly arena. But she couldn’t complain, she had her Ara-Jay with her the entire time, along with Kirlia and Mawile.

Speaking of the steel-jaw Pokemon, Rayne looked at a picture that hung over her desk in her room. One was a painting based on a clip of the tape they got from the 89th Hunger Games. Mawile, standing besides her partner Ara-Jay. The two of them looked very serious, standing to face whoever dared to look at them. Ara-Jay’s shaggy black hair looked almost as oily as it had in real life and you could even see the sheen of cold light on Mawile’s black, extra jaws.

She waddled over to the painting, lightly brushing the smooth paint. The painting was her most prized possession and was the best way she could see the man she loved. For some reason, he never visited her in her dreams.

As Rayne turned, another picture caught her eyes. Another painting that was certainly valuable. It was, of course, Deven Nave. The boy who she knew everything about yet nothing at all. His hair was, as always, a disheveled mess of pale blonde hair. The painter had done a magnificent job of portraying his bright, normally playful brown eyes. They were filled with life even though the vision of Deven that filled the young girl’s mind as she slept were filled with death and stillness.

My mom tells me that I have beautiful eyes. Sure, they are brown, a bit of a normal color, but she tells me that they are always filled with light. It’s one of the few things she ever says to me.
--Deven Nave, 20th of October

Rayne sat down on her bed, looking at the textured white ceiling that protected her from the rains of the outside world. As she laid down, she remembered. And as remembered, she dreamed.

She dreamed of the day Ara-Jay was killed by sharp Metal Claws from Deven’s Nincada. Rayne wasn’t with them at the time and Mawile and Ara-Jay had to fend off the intruders themselves. Rayne still didn’t know what had compelled the mild Deven to find someone to attack. Maybe it was panic and fear or maybe it was something as simple as boredom. She would never find the answer.

When she finally woke from her horrific nightmare, her face was damp with cold sweat. The first thing she saw was her brother, Ainsley, standing over her. This pale brown hair hung in a loose ponytail that almost touched her shoulder and his somber gray eyes meeting her blue ones. Rayne glared at him and he moved, allowing her to sit up slowly. “What are you doing here, Ainsley?” she grumbled angrily. Rayne’s older brother lived with his young wife, Kayleah, in a much poorer area of District Eight. Ainsley and Kayleah had refused to live with Rayne after she had won the Hunger Games seven months ago. Rayne’s younger brother Skye lived downstairs now.

“Checking on you, that’s all,” Ainsley said, smiling as he straightened up. “I came in here to find you screaming like you were back in the Games. But you weren’t making any noise. I got a bit worried.”

“Just a bad dream,” Rayne replied nervously. Her big brother always knew what she was feeling, even if Rayne didn’t know herself.

“About Ara-Jay?” Ainsley asked, his cloudy gray eyes darkening as he said the name.

Rayne frowned. “Yes, actually,” she snapped. “Now get out of my room so I can get changed.”

Ainsley smiled bleakly at his sister before hurrying out of the bedroom. Rayne sighed, slowly getting out from under her deep blue sheets with a hand rested on her stomach. “Any day now.”

She’s coming, she’s coming, she’s coming. I know she is. She might be right outside. I don’t know. She could be anywhere. I might die right now. Oh no… Please, whatever god or goddess is out there don’t let me die. Not until I see my family once more. They’re not the greatest, but they’re all I have. Please, stop her before she kills me. I don’t want her to die, though. That would be awful too. I want this Game to stop. Please let it stop.
--Deven Nave, 30th of October

I killed that guy. I think his friend is going to kill me now.
--Deven Nave, 29th of October

Rayne Wiress is going to kill me today. I know it. She killed Ninny yesterday and now she’s coming for me. Please don’t let this be the end of it. We’re scared.
--Deven Nave, 31st of October

That was the last entry from the letters of Deven Nave.

Black and White Teams

Old 01-31-2010, 12:04 AM
TsukiKaiki64 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Ready for Grading

I have no way how to grade this. If you like it, pass? Not, fail?

Black and White Teams

Old 02-23-2010, 06:57 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

People like you shouldn't rush for a grade. Good stories are hard to find, even harder to grade.

I'll try to grade this. May take some time though.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Taras Bulba Offline

This story is now on the priority list for grading, so I'm posting here to bump it to the front page of the forum. Somebody claim it!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Turtwig's A-B-Cs Offline

Claiming this for grading as requested.
This is an ingenious moveset spread across the ages, constructed piece by piece with painstaking care in the arching caverns and ancient machinery of the most devious and cunning hive mind in the history of anything. This moveset brings Unown's fullest potential into the light. His most powerful move, Hidden Power, rips through Magikarp, Hoppip, and Feebas with its unimaginable power, 2HKOing and OHKOing Magikarp and Hoppip with Hidden Power Ice, respectively. A neutral Hidden Power gives Feebas the ol' one-two-hit KO. When facing such opponents, Unown is unbeatable.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Turtwig's A-B-Cs Offline

Just posting again to say this is still being graded, I'm just having a lot of stuff going on.

Expect it to be posted tomorrow at the latest.

Note: This and the claiming post are to be deleted when Grade is posted.
This is an ingenious moveset spread across the ages, constructed piece by piece with painstaking care in the arching caverns and ancient machinery of the most devious and cunning hive mind in the history of anything. This moveset brings Unown's fullest potential into the light. His most powerful move, Hidden Power, rips through Magikarp, Hoppip, and Feebas with its unimaginable power, 2HKOing and OHKOing Magikarp and Hoppip with Hidden Power Ice, respectively. A neutral Hidden Power gives Feebas the ol' one-two-hit KO. When facing such opponents, Unown is unbeatable.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Turtwig's A-B-Cs Offline

Your stories are so good, it's not even funny how hard they are to grade. You made me even get on the old grader lost in the woods group when I've been a grader for not even two weeks. Sorry for the latter sections being short though, it's a bit harder to write for sections that have virtually no problems.

Introduction: I thought that the introduction here was a great way to start the story, which was a letter. Very creative in my opinion, and the part following after made it seem better.

You know, the part right after the letters, stating how it was found by Rayne, the survivor of the Hunger Games? It gave a bit of insight on the matter, and made it easier to learn more about these letters, what the characters are like. This story basically just eases us in, and then goes on in a 'regular' story manner.

Plot: This plot is heavily based on the Hunger Games, a book series I have heard about and read a couple pages of. The one based on the districts, on how someone is chosen to participate in a deadly event until someone wins. A bit unoriginal, but it still has a Pokémon twist, with the poison connection and linking of life.

Still though, a story being based on a book series is okay, but having a huge basis on the whole series without writing the series or basis is a bit too much. Try to put more of a spin, don’t just use original characters, use original locations and more. Make it seem like the only similarity is the use of a fight to the death competition. That would be a nice place to start, just work from there on.

Besides the Hunger Games, the story has a big basis on letters. Letters written by those killed during the Hunger Games. The namesake of this story as well, these things are very important. You showed them by using italics, so that has to mean something is of notability in them. It could also mean a different format as well, but I’d prefer to think it was because you believed they had some importance.

The plot in general though, is a bit awkward. Rayne is reading letters of Deven Nave, someone she killed because he killed the one Rayne loved. Soon enough, she wakes up and it is apparently all a dream. However, I'm a bit confused if it actually is all a dream, due to how more entries appear after she wakes up, the last written by Deven.

Characterization: There are a bunch of characters in this story. I'll describe a couple of them based on what we know:

Rayne Wiress: Rayne is apparently either a main or secondary character in this story. She is the one reading the writings of Deven Nave, somebody she killed. Rayne has a Kirlia as a partner, and she won the Hunger Games with it. Rayne has a child as well apparently. The father of the child though was killed by Deven, and that was her motive for killing the lad.

Deven Nave: Deven is basically only known by the letters he has written. He befriended two Nincada, and learned what berries they like. Eventually, one falls sick, but regains its strength. After this point, we know nothing of what happens to the Nincada, besides that Ninny has been killed by Rayne. Deven himself though is someone who tries to hold on to life. Soon enough though, he is killed by Rayne for killing Ara-Jay.

Grammar/Spelling: You do have some errors in this story, grammatically and spelling-wise. I’ll just show some of them here.

Quote:
This boy and killed Ara-Jay, the father of her young child.
I believe that there, you meant to put 'had' instead of 'and'.

Quote:
I think he name is Ninny
There, I think you forgot the ‘r’ in her.

Quote:
Ninny and I take turns guarding our current home and write now that’s Ninny’s job
Here, the latter part of the sentence (now that’s Ninny’s job) makes little sense. It seems misplaced a little to be honest, something that was meant to be part of another sentence, or something that had a couple words cut off with the apostrophe s in ‘that’s’ being a typo. It certainly left me scratching my head either way.

Quote:
Panem(our
This one I left cut off for the only mattering part is what has been quoted. Here, you neglected to put a space between Panem and the (, which is grammatically incorrect.

Anyway, it’s best to proofread the story as best as you can just to be sure you don’t have any errors. However, since most of these are part of the letters told in someone's writing, I can sort of let you off on them.

Dialogue: Dialogue is sparse in this story, due to its heavy basis on letters. However, some speaking does come when Rayne apparently wakes up from her apparent dream. Now it’s between Ainsley, Rayne’s brother, and her. After this, the story starts to come to a closing, and ends. You seem to know the conventions about ending dialogue as well, so this section really has nothing to be said as well.

Description: Description was most certainly not your weak point in this story. You gave enough description to everything in my opinion, so this section really has no worth. Great job here! Just remember never to put too little or too much description in one area to reach a perfect amount.

Reality: The reality here well, lies mainly in the letters presented. Since it was basically a dream though, and writings don’t exactly are literal, I can let you off on this whole story basically. I guess that’s a good thing for you. Even in the letters though, this story follows the mechanics of the world well enough. Good for you I guess then.

Outcome: One Nincada is captured, the other is
Spoiler:
captured as well! Congrats on capturing both, your writing is amazing and possibly some of the best URPG writing there is for these categories (Easiest-Medium).