Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: War with North Korea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
I am Asian. Try me.

What you have said is neither new nor novel. It's well known to the entire world that China wants NK around. And yes, if China wanted to invade NK they could easily do so. That's meaningless. You acted as thought China and NK were secretly plotting world domination together, that they might as well be the same country. That is patently not the case.

As for the Korean war, the contribution from anyone except SK and the USA was negligible. Everyone else in the UN task force could have not been there are the outcome would have been the exact same. Also, Jamaica wasn't in the war.
As I said, that piece was by my older brother. I don't know whether or not the Jamaicans were in it or not.

An no, that is not what I am saying. What I am saying is, they are still quite diplomatically connected as of yet. Whether it may or may not be mutually beneficial. And, because of this relationship, there will always be NKPR sympathizers. Because of this, there will still be Chinese support for Korea. Until the government stops these higher officials from collaborating with North Korea, they will have to accept them as an ally.

And I am sure North Korea would not be so stupid as to fire or set off any nuclear weapon. They would be sitting ducks for a long range nuclear attack. So, I do not think China has to worry about any nuclear hostility from North Korea.

About the Asian thing. Were you raised in a heavy culturally influenced family somewhere in Asia? If so, there is nothing I can do. I do not know how to mass an army and attack one of your allies to see how you would react. But in my experience, the Asians do have a far more powerful sense of honor than most Westerners do.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
As I said, that piece was by my older brother. I don't know whether or not the Jamaicans were in it or not.

An no, that is not what I am saying. What I am saying is, they are still quite diplomatically connected as of yet. Whether it may or may not be mutually beneficial. And, because of this relationship, there will always be NKPR sympathizers. Because of this, there will still be Chinese support for Korea. Until the government stops these higher officials from collaborating with North Korea, they will have to accept them as an ally.

And I am sure North Korea would not be so stupid as to fire or set off any nuclear weapon. They would be sitting ducks for a long range nuclear attack. So, I do not think China has to worry about any nuclear hostility from North Korea.

About the Asian thing. Were you raised in a heavy culturally influenced family somewhere in Asia? If so, there is nothing I can do. I do not know how to mass an army and attack one of your allies to see how you would react. But in my experience, the Asians do have a far more powerful sense of honor than most Westerners do.
They weren't.

And yes, that is obvious, but that doesn't mean China is 100% behind North Korea like you implied.

NK's not going to nuke China, they'll nuke SK if anything.

Trust me, I know China way better than you do. Stupidity isn't honorable. China's interests are only in itself, it won't defend NK unless it has something to gain.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 01-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
They weren't.

And yes, that is obvious, but that doesn't mean China is 100% behind North Korea like you implied.

NK's not going to nuke China, they'll nuke SK if anything.

Trust me, I know China way better than you do. Stupidity isn't honorable. China's interests are only in itself, it won't defend NK unless it has something to gain.
Japanese Banzai Charges were stupid wastes of life, but they viewed them as honorable.

That is what I am saying. Even if NK nukes SK, they will get a heavy response from all over the globe because if they are willing to nuke a country, they are willing to nuke more.