Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 05:06 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

What?

ASB always rounds up to the next integer. Always. Always. Always.

Always.

3.1 -> 4
1.00000000000000000000000001 -> 2

And Grassy, your logic is flawed, but I assume you're still young.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 08-15-2012, 05:06 AM
paperfairy Offline

What?

ASB always rounds up to the next integer. Always. Always. Always.

Always.

3.1 -> 4
1.00000000000000000000000001 -> 2

And Grassy, your logic is flawed, but I assume you're still young.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

It's not flawed, really.

In math, you're taught that if you have a number five or higher you round up.

My example, 3.15, would round to 3.2. But, if you were basing it on whole numbers only - no decimals, you'd ignore the five and look at the one. Since it's lower than five, it rounds down to 3.0, effectively 3 :) That's why I said ultimately it rounds down to 3 - I just didn't explain it too well. My bad ^^' *Not the best explainer sometimes and yes that is a new word*

But I get what you are saying. It'll kill me regardless, but I can easily round up. Just have to remember ASB is different from Calculus XD Thanks for answering my question because I like double-checking~
Old 08-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

Verbatium for the effect of Magic Coat on the Compendium: "If user is the target of one of inflictions of status ailments of any kind, stat changes, or trapping effects by non-users, instead user uses that action against that non-user (includes Attract, Flatter, Gastro Acid, Leech Seed, Swagger, Worry Seed, and Yawn). Effect ends when user is replaced."

Henceforth, is the move Roar-which switches out the opposing Pokemon-classified as a status aliment, stat change, or a trapping effect, or would it bypass Magic Coat?

Just curious.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Gloating!

Old 08-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

...Can I get a second opinion? I trust Bulbapedia, but considering that Game Mechanics do not always equal ASBL mechanics, I would like to know if there's a definite 'thing' that happens (Roar gets deflected 100% of the time, or Roar ignores Magic Coat 100% of the time) or if it's an 'Up to the Ref' kind of thing. And I really do not consider a link to Bulbapedia and the word 'Gloating' an answer.

And no, this is not just because I do not trust Narphoenix on the basis of him being biased against me. And no offense to Narphoenix either.

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 08-18-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:43 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
Henceforth, is the move Roar-which switches out the opposing Pokemon-classified as a status aliment, stat change, or a trapping effect, or would it bypass Magic Coat?
It is affected by Magic Coat, yes. But if a Ref wrote otherwise, then he wouldn't be corrected.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Latio-Nytro Offline

A ref didn't, I was just checking, considering Roar doesn't appear to be a Status Condition or a Stat Changing move...On a related note, is it considered a Trapping Move?

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 08-18-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

I suppose it could be considered an anti-trapping move.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:25 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latio-Nytro View Post
On a related note, is it considered a Trapping Move?
It's kinda the exact opposite. xD
Old 08-19-2012, 11:23 AM
paperfairy Offline

According to the Compendium, Magic Coat does not reflect Roar. However, Compendium was written during the fourth generation, where that was the case. In the fifth generation, Roar is now deflected by Magic Coat. In this case, Jenn is correct: I would not penalize a ref for this. However, there is a good chance I will patch Compendium in the future to fix this.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

God, I bet I seem like a pushy person right now, asking two things. So, I was wondering about the referee test. I sent in mine a few months ago and followed the instructions. Doing the current round and sending it to J_A_M_E_S. Should I have sent it in to an official? The instructions said to send it to J_A_M_E_S, so, just wondering if I should re-send it.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 10-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Skyman Offline

Not sure if it was asked at some point, but just a quick question about something related to Signature Moves: Is there no such thing as "Signature Attributes" here? By that, I mean something similar to a Signature Move, except instead of a move it's an ability. It could either replace a Pokemon's regular ability or exist side-by-side with the regular ability. If these don't exist, could they potentially exist in the future?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:19 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
Not sure if it was asked at some point, but just a quick question about something related to Signature Moves: Is there no such thing as "Signature Attributes" here? By that, I mean something similar to a Signature Move, except instead of a move it's an ability. It could either replace a Pokemon's regular ability or exist side-by-side with the regular ability. If these don't exist, could they potentially exist in the future?
I have created something similar to these, at least based on what you describe. Basically I create a move that gives boosts or effects to what the Pokemon does. Below is an example of what I've made that has been approved.

Spoiler:

Vio-Nai the Hydriegon [F]
Ability: Levitate
Signature Move: Triple Driver
Description:
Spoiler:
Vio-Nai was always perceptive and skillful in finding ways to utilize her three heads. Favoring special attacks, she discovered two ways of doing this. One way was to combine all her breath attacks into one powerful stream, making attacks like Flamethrower and Dragon pulse much more powerful at the cost of a bit more energy. In single combat this worked out well, however she found another use for it in multiple opponent combat. Rather than directing all of her heads into one powerful stream, she used her heads to attack more than one opponent at once, using up a bit more energy so she wouldn’t lose too much power. Finding that hitting and wearing down multiple opponents at once brought her success in battles. However, she could only keep it up until she had so much energy left, but she found it worth the effort. Really, three heads were better than two.
Type: Dragon
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: Special attack's energy modifier +3 energy when this effect is used. [Eg Dragon Pulse energy mod +3 energy]
Effects:
Converge: [Concentrated attacks]
Attack's BP increases by 50%
Accuracy of attacks lowered by 10%
Has a chance of inflicting status effect of attack onto user. Eg chance of self inflicting burn from Flamethrower.

Diverge: [Split attacks]
All Special attacks used are treated as multi targeting attacks, such Rock Slide when attacks are used under this condition.
Center position of Triple battles, can hit all three opponents. BP of attacks are reduced to 60% in this case.
Can hit up to 2 Double team clones at once. Main head watches for the real Opponent and does not attack.

Universal effects:
All special attacks use an additional 3% energy when attacks have an additional [Converge] or [Diverge] tag added to them. Tri-Attack is exception to this rule and does not apply to this effect.
Effects cease when at 20% energy. Cannot use if under 20% energy. Cannot use while Confused or Infatuated. Can't be used if Special Attack has been lowered.[/U]
Usage Gap: Every other action
Note:This isn’t as much of a move as it is an added effect. These affects apply when actions are given in the following format:
Flamethrower [Converge] or Dragon Pulse [Diverge]

I'm not ENTIRELY sure if this is more to what you're thinking of.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Skyman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
I have created something similar to these, at least based on what you describe. Basically I create a move that gives boosts or effects to what the Pokemon does. Below is an example of what I've made that has been approved.

Spoiler:

Vio-Nai the Hydriegon [F]
Ability: Levitate
Signature Move: Triple Driver
Description:
Spoiler:
Vio-Nai was always perceptive and skillful in finding ways to utilize her three heads. Favoring special attacks, she discovered two ways of doing this. One way was to combine all her breath attacks into one powerful stream, making attacks like Flamethrower and Dragon pulse much more powerful at the cost of a bit more energy. In single combat this worked out well, however she found another use for it in multiple opponent combat. Rather than directing all of her heads into one powerful stream, she used her heads to attack more than one opponent at once, using up a bit more energy so she wouldn’t lose too much power. Finding that hitting and wearing down multiple opponents at once brought her success in battles. However, she could only keep it up until she had so much energy left, but she found it worth the effort. Really, three heads were better than two.
Type: Dragon
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: Special attack's energy modifier +3 energy when this effect is used. [Eg Dragon Pulse energy mod +3 energy]
Effects:
Converge: [Concentrated attacks]
Attack's BP increases by 50%
Accuracy of attacks lowered by 10%
Has a chance of inflicting status effect of attack onto user. Eg chance of self inflicting burn from Flamethrower.

Diverge: [Split attacks]
All Special attacks used are treated as multi targeting attacks, such Rock Slide when attacks are used under this condition.
Center position of Triple battles, can hit all three opponents. BP of attacks are reduced to 60% in this case.
Can hit up to 2 Double team clones at once. Main head watches for the real Opponent and does not attack.

Universal effects:
All special attacks use an additional 3% energy when attacks have an additional [Converge] or [Diverge] tag added to them. Tri-Attack is exception to this rule and does not apply to this effect.
Effects cease when at 20% energy. Cannot use if under 20% energy. Cannot use while Confused or Infatuated. Can't be used if Special Attack has been lowered.[/U]
Usage Gap: Every other action
Note:This isn’t as much of a move as it is an added effect. These affects apply when actions are given in the following format:
Flamethrower [Converge] or Dragon Pulse [Diverge]

I'm not ENTIRELY sure if this is more to what you're thinking of.
It's basically the same thing that I was thinking of. However, it seems like you had to forgo getting an actual Signature Move in order to get those effects; what I was thinking of allowed for both those effects AND a move at the same time, although you could only have one if you wished. From what I can tell here, you can get either a move or an attribute(like what you posted), but not both.

Sorry if what I'm saying isn't exactly clear. I'll try to clarify if you need me to, if you're confused, or I can alternatively post an example of one if need be.
Closed Thread