Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Re: Things You Hate in Music

I hate most techno music, I like rock because it actually requires years of practise to pull it off. Being a guitarist it pisses me off to know that I could practise for years and never get noticed, yet some nobody who can make noises on a computer can get famous off one song

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 09-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend collector View Post
I hate most techno music, I like rock because it actually requires years of practise to pull it off. Being a guitarist it pisses me off to know that I could practise for years and never get noticed, yet some nobody who can make noises on a computer can get famous off one song
It takes skill to create music with a computer. It is not like you can just sit down and immediately make a track in a month that sounds like Deadmau5 or Skrillex.

Since most synth and synth basses are made from scratch with several different sounds, such as a sawtooth etc, it does actually take some skill. And then to play it live, at a concert, is also amazing. You should check out Deadmau5's Ustream to see how difficult it actually is.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:47 AM
katosen27 Offline

Quote:
I dislike mainstream music because they all sound the same (to me) or you hear one song from a band and then never hear from them again. Today's music industry doesn't allow many bands to grow unless they make excellent bank. And THAT pisses me off.

I also dislike rap and country. Then again, thats just my taste.

Otherwise, I prefer progressive metal and progressive rock over most other forms. Very relaxing, long tracks, and epic sounding.

I'm a slow writer. Not for lack of ideas, but for lack of time.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katosen27 View Post
I dislike mainstream music because they all sound the same (to me) or you hear one song from a band and then never hear from them again. Today's music industry doesn't allow many bands to grow unless they make excellent bank. And THAT pisses me off.

I also dislike rap and country. Then again, thats just my taste.

Otherwise, I prefer progressive metal and progressive rock over most other forms. Very relaxing, long tracks, and epic sounding.
There really is no such thing as a "music industry" anymore. Truth is, anybody can become a musical star. Since becoming an independent music producer is the new "thing", one really does not need a big licence to be big. Skrillex, for instance. He is mainstream, and all he did was release his first album on Youtube, not expecting to be big.

It depends on which genre you listen to when you consider things to be mainstream.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 09-06-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Captain Jack Harkness Offline

Autotune. If you can't sing properly, don't.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:43 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

I also hate rap. Details below.
-It's all about bi***es and ho**, and money. Can't they think of something better to sing about?
-It contains a LOT of swearing. I heard one song where every second word was literally a swear.
-It's really racist-I hea a lot of N words being thrown around in rap.
-It's sexist, and very degrading towards women, treating them like tools.

But I like County, because it sings about the little things. It's all in the details! I feel as if everyone was like a county song, we would be pretty good off.

Pop is kinda in the middle, but usually good and not as bad as rap.

Gunge/death metal music is all about death, and is really depressing. Again, can't they find anything better to sing about then blood and death?

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 09-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Cheerful Cherubi Offline
Photosynthesis with Viciousness

I hate songs that become overplayed. I always find songs that no one knows about like a month before, but then they get played like 1 million times a day on the radio, and they become uber popular! >.<

Signature made by Foxamivalth!
Old 09-17-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max0596 View Post
I also hate rap. Details below.
-It's all about bi***es and ho**, and money. Can't they think of something better to sing about?
-It contains a LOT of swearing. I heard one song where every second word was literally a swear.
-It's really racist-I hea a lot of N words being thrown around in rap.
-It's sexist, and very degrading towards women, treating them like tools.

But I like County, because it sings about the little things. It's all in the details! I feel as if everyone was like a county song, we would be pretty good off.

Pop is kinda in the middle, but usually good and not as bad as rap.

Gunge/death metal music is all about death, and is really depressing. Again, can't they find anything better to sing about then blood and death?
Ahaha! It is okay when black people call each other ni99ers. It is not okay when a white person does. Oh. And just to tell you. This group does rap, and they don't rap about b*tches and hos.

Plenty of country songs have cussing in it.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

Rap.
I dislike it because to me it doesn't bring me pleasure. I think listening to music should be something that brings a smile to your face or makes you feel an emotion. Rap doesn't seem to evoke any emotion, it just feels like their is a guy yelling at you.

Rock, Metal, and anything like that.
Nothing against rock, because I can see how much work they put into it. But listening to hard loud music is not really my thing. Rock evokes emotions, but when it is really heavy I find it somewhat overwhelming. I do like light rock, as long as it is really light.

People who can't sing.
Really, why are you here in the first place.

and Finally, I generally don't like people, who skyrocet to the top everytime a new song comes out, and that song is played over and over again. My local radio does that, plays the same song over and over with no variety. And then A song I liked in the first place, then starts to bug me whenever its played. (I don't really hate the artist, just the way that works...)

EDIT: Forgot about Country. Can't stand that stuff.
I think it is the tone they use to sing, but country has never settled nicely with me. I'm not sure what I find wrong in it, but ehhh...

lv.100@1618
Links

Last edited by Dino; 09-17-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:22 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by max0596 View Post
Your ignorance amuses me; this sentence made me rofl endlessly. Troll harder.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Rap.
I dislike it because to me it doesn't bring me pleasure. I think listening to music should be something that brings a smile to your face or makes you feel an emotion. Rap doesn't seem to evoke any emotion, it just feels like their is a guy yelling at you.

Rock, Metal, and anything like that.
Nothing against rock, because I can see how much work they put into it. But listening to hard loud music is not really my thing. Rock evokes emotions, but when it is really heavy I find it somewhat overwhelming. I do like light rock, as long as it is really light.

People who can't sing.
Really, why are you here in the first place.

and Finally, I generally don't like people, who skyrocet to the top everytime a new song comes out, and that song is played over and over again. My local radio does that, plays the same song over and over with no variety. And then A song I liked in the first place, then starts to bug me whenever its played. (I don't really hate the artist, just the way that works...)

EDIT: Forgot about Country. Can't stand that stuff.
I think it is the tone they use to sing, but country has never settled nicely with me. I'm not sure what I find wrong in it, but ehhh...
A lot of rap makes me feel anger.

A lot of pop, hip hop, country, and rock make me feel sad.

A lot of electronic makes me feel happy and energized.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:

This is pretty much the reason I don't like the Beatles - their songs were played over and over. >_< The 'artists' that are played in a continuous loop and people like Katy Perry (who I heard is amazing live. But if she has such an awesome voice, then why autotune everything? :/ If she's going for a certain sound, then have a few raw songs, too), Justin Bieber (his craze is over, thank God), and some chic that sounds like poo even though her voice is autotuned to death.

Anyway, I hate how radios never play any music that I like. :< I could go to a classic rock station and maybe hear one or two songs that I love every half-hour, but I have yet to find a metalcore/thrash metal station. </3
Old 09-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
A lot of rap makes me feel anger.

A lot of pop, hip hop, country, and rock make me feel sad.

A lot of electronic makes me feel happy and energized.
I don't deny that those give off those emotions.
Rap doesn't evoke a emotion for me, because I want to block it out completely. lol. But I agree with you on all other points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
This is pretty much the reason I don't like the Beatles - their songs were played over and over. >_< The 'artists' that are played in a continuous loop and people like Katy Perry (who I heard is amazing live. But if she has such an awesome voice, then why autotune everything? :/ If she's going for a certain sound, then have a few raw songs, too), Justin Bieber (his craze is over, thank God), and some chic that sounds like poo even though her voice is autotuned to death.

Anyway, I hate how radios never play any music that I like. :< I could go to a classic rock station and maybe hear one or two songs that I love every half-hour, but I have yet to find a metalcore/thrash metal station. </3
Autotune poo actually has a kinda cool voice, I think, when actually singing. lol

Anyway. I know what you mean. :p But, Pandora is my only radio pretty much, for that reason.
Also, your music would scare me. xD

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 09-19-2011, 05:45 AM
Max0596 Offline

Send a message via MSN to Max0596

Quote:
Your ignorance amuses me; this sentence made me rofl endlessly. Troll harder.
I'm not trolling, and I never do. I was anwsering the question that this thread proposed, not quarreling with you. Those are my outlooks, and I don't really care what your views are on them. If you want to pick a fight with me, please don't.

I've much to do, and not much time to do it, xD. Please go question someone else's thoughts on a matter. I'm not a troll, nor do I want that label attatched to me by you or anyone else.

Yes, I know you are a mod. But if you want to pick fights for no reason with me, I will not like you as a person, and will question your position within PE2K. This is between you and me, and I'm asking you to back off.

|||||||||||||||Enjoy the moment!
|||||||||||||||I take requests...if you want stuff, I mean...
Old 09-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
I've made a total of one song using Garage band. It's my first, has some errors in it still but it's not anything easier than learning how to play an instrument and playing music that way. I know. I can understand the frustration here though. Techno music takes just as much practice as rock, as you can end up making a techno song noise if you don't know what you're doing. Actually that applies to all music in general.

Now I've found another few things that bother me. One being the fact a song, has a great tune to it and then the lyrics themselves put me off because it goes on about some nasty crap. Or even the fact the lyrics may make no sense at all what so ever. Anyway that's another subject.

Something else that's been bothering me is that some of the types of songs mentioned above are catchy because they use the same techniques. They aren't always noticable but being the music analyst enthusiast weirdo that I am, I notice them. The following seems to be in almost all tune catchy songs I've heard with unpleasant lyrics:

`120-130 BMP tempo
`Simple backbeat and or rhythm that really sticks out
`Tiny hint of either strings, 8-bit or both in the background
`Electronic bassline that is very simple and easily unheard unless you're looking for it

For me, these are the reasons why the songs are catchy, despite lyrics that talk about what other awful thing you'd expect to hear about in a bad rap song. It seems to be the same thing just in the back, hopefully unnoticed by listeners. Now none of those things in a song actually annoy me, just the combination of them being used in a lot of songs and the fact it's over used it seems.

Some lack of creativity in songs makes me sad. I wish people had more of a mind like Daft Punk who went and combined techno and classical music for the Tron: Legacy Soundtrack. In my personal opinion, best decision made ever and it needs many awards for the best soundtrack ever conceived. That's taking music that's been around for hundreds of years and is on way down one end of the spectrum, and taking techno, which is far the hell down the other side.

Back on the catchy song subject, it also bothers me about great tunes with lyrics we don't need to be hearing on a daily basis is that people will listen to the song over and over, not paying attention to what the song is actually about.

Now to everyone out there who may say all hip-hop and rap is bad and talks about the same thing, it doesn't. Stereotyping it, that's another thing that bugs me, but that's more the people listening to it than the actual music.

Quote:
I think listening to music should be something that brings a smile to your face or makes you feel an emotion.
I would like to make a comment to this statement. As my great band teacher told my class:

"Music is a second language."

Language is expression and communication, hence what music is, expression and communication. From what you're saying I'd guess from an understanding; you're one of those people who try to stay optimistic and positive, and doesn't like heavy dreary feeling of more grim aspects of reality, and would focus on what good is going on rather than what bad is, and certain tones of voice spoken to you, probably ones that try to hide what's really going on in a persons mind, bother you? Anyway that's getting a bit off topic with my bad habits of alanyzing people...nothing personal against you or anything my brain tends to just go on and on and on like Don't Stop Believing by Journey...

Like typical english or whatever language you may speak, everyone interperets things differently and everyone feels things differently and understands things differently, even if it is the exact same wording in a sentence. Same applies to a song and song lyrics. However everyone is tuned a bit differently, but I can see why you don't like the types of music and other things you mentioned in the rest of the same post I was too lazy to quote.