Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourselves here.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 PM
FaePikachu Offline
New Trainer

Default I owe Pokemon a lot

I don't know how old most of you are, so I hope this doesn't freak you all out, but I owe Pokemon a lot.

I didn't get into Pokemon until my first year at college when I was 18 and the first game I got was Pokemon Yellow. I had to borrow my friend's Gameboy Color when she wasn't using it! She was the one who had introduced me to it, and me - not knowing anything about the game saves - restarted her game and saved over it! Luckily she forgave me and made me buy my own game.

Four years later I met the man of my dreams and we were at a friend's house just goofing off and I had pinned him in a game and said, "Well you're pinned, what ya gonna do about it?" to which he replied, "I think I'll just flail around a bit," and I said, "Hey, flail is a Pokemon move!"

We got married 3 months later.

Other significant events have happened around Pokemon as well - in 2006 I participated in a national video game tournament 3 days after I had my second baby! In fact I had to get the doctor to let me and our son out of the hospital so I could get there in time! I don't really recommend that. I got my butt kicked but it was the guy who kicked my trash that won our division so I was fine with the loss.

So yeah, Pokemon has been around some of the more memorable times in my life. I have made friends through Pokemon and met my soulmate!

Now I don't play the game as much as I used to - but Pokemon is always nearby, since I am trying to create patterns for cross stitch of all the sprites.

And of course, this is the best site to have 'em in.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi
Default Re: I owe Pokemon a lot

Oh man, that is unbelievably cool. xDD Welcome to the forums!

Old 01-06-2011, 09:34 PM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

I think everyone here owes a lot to Pokemon. I've been a fan of it since 3rd grade, I'm in college, and I must say, I've never been able to find a site full of just wonderful people like PE2K. There's even a guy I love, and I mean love not just fun "Oh my gosh he and I are super best buddies yay!" love. Haha. If it wasn't for Pokemon, I would have never met him.

You story is very cute and very interesting. You've found yourself in a great site full of even greater people. I hope a long time fan such as yourself truly enjoys your time here.

=D WOW I SOUND SO SENTIMENTAL! It's weirding me out man... 0n0 SINCE WHEN WAS ROCKET SENTIMENTAL!? xDD

Anyways, please do enjoy yourself here. There's a lot to do and a lot of nice people to befriend.

=^^= Nya
Old 01-06-2011, 10:25 PM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

Lets see... I think historically I've always been the oldest PE2K member, or at least willing to admit it. I turned 55 this summer. I'm not the oldest player I know, though, I know a woman who turned 80 this year who plays because her grandkids bought her an original DS, and she used to raise siamese cats -- and getting Mew at the ToysRUs event was so exciting to her she was crying.

Ok? LOL!

I love pokemon. No doubt.

I started playing when one of my kids handed me a clear-case GB and a copy of Red from Japan. He was in his mid-teens. He just said, Mom, this game was like MADE for you. He had blue. Neither of us understood Japanese, but we muddled through, and I managed to have a team, the names and stats of which are etched in my mind (because they were SO HORRIBLE, can you say Pure Beatdown STAB?).

Never looked back. I started going to events, and meeting other players on line, mostly through the TVsIan NetBattle, MetalKid (still a friend!), smogon and this site. And the friends I made lasted.

Last new years, I spent with pokemon friends, the youngest now in college and I met him, his brother and mom waiting in line for Crystal. He learnt to read because we wouldn't trade pokes with him until he quit naming them "CilnIDID".

So welcome, and age is no barrier in pokemon. I've had my butt handed to me by 12 yo's and done the same to others, and enjoyed it immensely. There are all different kinds of Pokemon Journeys.

Last edited by ashkelon; 01-06-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!

That's one hell of a story.

Anyways, welcome to PE2K. (:
Old 01-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Giratina Offline

Great stories - and that's all of them, not just the OP's. :3 I think we've all seen the awesome power of Pokémon in some way or another, and with that said, welcome to the most awesome Pokémon power plant on the Internet! ...or just PE2K. XD

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 AM
Judgmental Arceus Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus

Now I feel like an outlier seeing as I only really started getting into pokémon until Hoenn.
But Welcome to PE2K!

Last edited by Judgmental Arceus; 01-07-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:37 AM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
Now I feel like an outlier seeing as I only really started getting into pokémon until Hoenn.
But Welcome to PE2K!
Our journeys all start on different dates, and from different points on the map, but that makes your experience no less valid than mine, even if mine has been going on longer...

After all, maybe you're a quicker study than I am, huh? LOL!

And FaePikachu. is the Fae for Cowboy BeBop Fae? Two of my favourite characters in one!

Last edited by ashkelon; 01-07-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Awesome! 8D I love your story, and yes, I think most of us here owe A LOT to pokemon. I have no idea where I'd be if it weren't for pokemon, since it's taught me so much. I completely agree with Ashkelon about the age barrier thing. My mum thinks I'm too old, or assumed I would have grown out of it by now, but friends and things like the internet and the games have made that impossible. As well as the fact that pokemon is something you don't just "grow out of". I HATE that people say age matters in something you like, because it makes no sense and it's really ridiculous.

I also love the 'flail' thing. xDDDD

Have fun here. x) I know you'll enjoy yourself, as we all do! :D

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Doodlebop Offline

You never quit Pokemon. You just have phases where you stop and start.

I don't owe as much to Pokemon as you do, but it's one of those things that definitely isn't popular because it's for babies, but I don't let it bother me anymore. I think it's one of the things that helps me be comfortable with being what I am- which is a variety of things, but mainly nerd xD

But I'm glad to meet you, and hope to see you around the forum. :D

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 01-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy

Your story's great. :) And, like what other people have said in the above posts, many people do owe alot to Pokémon.
It was one of the things that made me visit the internet constantly (for hints/help on the games, Pokémon news, and stuff), back then, which eventually lead me to things like Pokémon fanfic, manga, forums, and things like that. I've read lots of them, and participated in some Pokémon forums as well (not including PE2K though, because I've only joined this forum recently), which encouraged me to read more, helped me improve my reading ability, and my spelling/grammar, things that really helps me in the english classes. xDD
I still have much more improvements to do, but I guess that won't really be an issue.
Anyway, welcome to PE2K! I hope you have fun here with us all, and enjoy as well! :3

Last edited by Arch Enemy; 01-07-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Welcome to THE ultimate Pokemon Forum. Debate new Pokemon, characters, read FanFics, join RPGs, enjoy yourself with our massive and active community of badasses.

P.S I am the champion of the Ramstein Pokemon competition. Won it with my big buddy Blastoise!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I couldn't agree more.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

xcellent intro, its applaudable what a game like pokemon can do..
enjoy your stay on PE2K.

Pokérus Empire
Old 01-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Eun Min Offline

Hi, and Welcome to Pe2k~!
Haha, here's more proof that nobody's never too old for Pokemon !
Yeah, I can positively say that Pokemon has effected me (in a good way). =DDD
Enjoy your time !! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post
*claps* Well said, by the way!!