Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:53 PM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse
Default Graphic Spotlight Art Submission Thread! (Week Five)

Well, as you may have noticed, Fierce Deity and I have had a sudden promotion. This is because we have been offered the opportuniy to show awareness about graphic arts and the many graphic artists on the forum, and maybe even make the activity of the section rise!

Graphic Spotlight is about spreading the word about graphics and the people who are working hard to create and improve their artwork. Each week Graphic Artists will submit their created Banner/Tag/Signature/Graphic into this thread (One per person) along with a little interview about the piece, and a link to their shop and/or gallery! After being chosen, me and my partner Fierce Deity will write a review (Comments and Criticism) of your piece and your piece will be posted on PE2K’s home site!

Graphic Spotlight Form~
Artwork you’re submitting-
Title for the piece-
Inspiration for the piece-
Thoughts about the piece-
Resources-
Link to shop-
Link to Gallery-

Let’s get sending!

Last edited by JokesterJesse; 12-21-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Punctuation/ and edit.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe
Default Re: Graphic Spotlight Art Submission Thread!

Hmmm, interesting.

Submission:

Title: Dream Eater
Inspiration: The devamped Gengar sprite looked interesting to work with.
Thoughts: I tried to make a scene, a sort of energy ball above Gengar (absorbing the HP, you know), and a bunch of creepy stuff to resemble a dream being eaten. I wanted to keep it simple to not lose the sprite in the chaos.
Resources: Gengar sprite, 4 C4Ds, 1 texture, 100 pixel soft brush, Visitor BRK font.
Link
Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Linchy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Linchy

Me, mee! :D

Artwork

Title// jUMPER
Inspiration// If you had seen the render, you'd crumble. The render was so, so, awesomely awesome. Seriously, when I saved it I was wondering if I was gonna muck up the tag.
Thoughts// Well; I've used the tutorial I made for this before, which I must admit was good but I think this one wins by a bit. Though both might possible have the same flaws as that was pointed out with the last one, I really like the concept of Miku 'jumping' and the background as such. Since the render title was called 'Breaking away' (there was an extension of the piece, which I cut off) and since she was jumping, I thought it fit.
Resources// Brush 1, Brush 2, Brush 3, Render, Background
Shop and Gallery// Here
Old 11-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Y2kPikachu12 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I can't compare to the amazing works that have/will be submitted here but wynaut.

Artwork you’re submitting-

Title for the piece- "Shaymin" (creative)
Inspiration for the piece- Uhh, I was practicing using stocks and it was cool looking.
Thoughts about the piece- I like it and I know there's flaws but it's asthetically pleasing to me and I really like the text for once in my tags.
Resources- http://pokebeach.com/scans/platinum/15-shaymin.jpg I'm pretty sure that's the card.
Link to Gallery-Not very active but here.

Waruvial 2177
Old 11-24-2010, 05:26 PM
The Little Monster Offline
New Trainer

Mine doesn't compare to the ones already submitted, :o. I'll try though.

Submission -

Title for the piece - Lady Gaga

Inspiration - None. I just made whatever.

Thoughts - It could be better. I just thought it looked fine.

Resources - Picture, Texture, Texture

Link - Link
Old 11-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Linchy Offline

vhut is wit peepel and vour zelf ezteem?

Lol. Sorry.

WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE AND LOW SELF ESTEEM!?!?!

There's nothing called 'bad' art or 'good' art. Technically, there isn't a 'good' or 'bad' at all. There's something that most people like; and most people don't like. 'Good' may vary with people. 'Bad' is the same. SO GIT SOME VANITYY!~~~

If only I could follow my own advice. *shakes head*
Old 11-25-2010, 05:40 AM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linchy View Post
vhut is wit peepel and vour zelf ezteem?

Lol. Sorry.

WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE AND LOW SELF ESTEEM!?!?!

There's nothing called 'bad' art or 'good' art. Technically, there isn't a 'good' or 'bad' at all. There's something that most people like; and most people don't like. 'Good' may vary with people. 'Bad' is the same. SO GIT SOME VANITYY!~~~

If only I could follow my own advice. *shakes head*
... there still is a certain level of skill to graphic arts, thank you very much. It comes with practice, lots of it.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Linchy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
... there still is a certain level of skill to graphic arts, thank you very much. It comes with practice, lots of it.
Of course there is; but these two are a little more than beginners to it. Perhaps they might not be really advanced or anything but really, I see no problem in their works and I'm just saying that there's nothing wrong with it. What's the use of possbily been shown on the website when you don't think your works aren't as good as you might think?

But I do agree with you. It certainly does take skill, and I'm surprised what you can pull off with your sprite tags, since sprites are usually small.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:59 AM
JokesterJesse Offline

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Alright guys me and Alonzo will try to have the first article up on Sunday or Monday and have it go for a week unlike this first week because we started this week late we recommend if your gonna submit a piece send it in by Saturday!
Old 11-27-2010, 05:25 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!

Is it too late to submit? I hope not.

Title: Rawr!
Inspiration: It's the coolest looking Pokémon from Generation 5, and one of the coolest overall.
Thoughts: Text stands out a bit, and i probably should've used a more shaded render.
Resources: [this] and some random brushes for smudging.
Shop: N/A
Gallery: I don't have one on PE2K, but I have one on deviantART
Old 11-27-2010, 07:02 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

I shall submit this!

Title for the piece - The Animal
Inspiration for the piece- Disturbed is one of the greatest bands I've ever heard. I've heard thousands.
Thoughts about the piece- It was definitely something different for me. I mean I'm used to making extreme pieces. But this one was above and beyond my usual standard. I experimented with the thought of how I did the border. Along with certain brushes, c4ds and colors to make it all blend together in an epic fashion. I'm quite proud of this particular piece.
Resources- www.disturbed1.com www.deviantart.com www.dafont.com
Link to Shop
Link to Gallery

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Oh! Oh! Pick me! :D

Title for the piece- (Title? Wow, that's a whole new concept for me o_o) How about, Circuitry

Inspiration for the piece-
This was an entry for Banner of the Week 66, which had a no-render theme. We had to use brushes or C4Ds, which was pretty fun to work with :D I also wanted to do something techno-like, but still have a magcial touch to it. So, this is what I got ^^

Thoughts about the piece-I tried to do something new for a border, but I don't know if I like it that much, actually. LoL, but it fits the techno theme well, and I'm really glad with how the texture and lighting turned out.

Resources-Planetrenders.net, deviantArt.com, er... photobucket?

Old 11-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Gaia Offline

Send a message via MSN to Gaia

Submission:-

Title for the piece- Total PE2K Experience

Inspiration for the piece- I've always thought of the graphic designing board of PE2K a memorable place. Many great artists have come and go among the years, and many of their styles have rubbed off on me. I've learnt quite a lot in regards to designing right here in PE2K, and from the lessons I ventured farther out into more difficult designing, on other forums. This piece is a celebration of the styles of a few different tag artists (Matt, Callum, Azumao, in particular) that have shaped me into the artist that I am now.

Thoughts about the piece- I've always thought of Matt as a crazy vector and typo artist. The brown vector and the square-natured font reminds me of him. The yellow C4D is in Callum's name. He was always amazing with C4D (still remember him rocking his Astroboy tag with rainbow C4D during one of the WARs, that was mad stuff). The Kadabra is a compliment to the yellow. The textures on the brown is an homage to Azumao, as well as the wireframe C4D clipped onto the font.

Resources- A large pack from another forum (kudos to Sage from EX10). Thanks bro.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:17 PM
JokesterJesse Offline

Graphic Spotlight Week Two submissions can now be submitted!
Old 11-28-2010, 11:56 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokesterJesse View Post
Graphic Spotlight Week Two submissions can now be submitted!

Title for the piece- Kain

Inspiration for the piece- People are always so focused on tags and avatars. But graphic arts span beyond that. They grow to Photo-editing, animation, and wallpapers. To be literal, Pixel art is a form of Graphic art work. Logos, or Text-Editing, there's a world of graphics that people aren't letting themselves be aware of, and it makes me a little sad.

Thoughts about the piece- I admire this, personally, using every conceivable form of graphic design from Masking, Vector, Gradients, c4d, Renders, Borders, Text Editing, Photomanipulation, and other stuff that I choose not to name due to tiredness. It's an intense piece that stands for everything that is "Graphic Arts." That, and Kain is a total bada**. =]

Resources- Deviantart and Google

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.