Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 AM
The hard road Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default My thoughts on shuckle

Have you guys found any other ideas on how to stall with a Shuckle.
Here is my input and ideas that I have found useful and that work.

Lvl.100
Abilities: Sturdy
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
Ev's: 252 Defense, 252 Special Defense, 4 Hp
Iv's: 0 Attack, 0 Special Attack, 0 Speed

Move set:
Toxic
Power Share
Protect
Knock Off

Weakness:
Rock X2
Steel X2
Water X2

Resistances
Normal /2
Poison /2

Explanation: This move set I developed for one of my teams. The ability Sturdy was chosen over Gluttony for the obvious reason that this move set does not involve Shuckle holding a berry. The Iv's have been chosen becuase lower attack and special attack Iv's make the move power share work better and 0 speed Iv's was for better use in a trick room team. Although this set does not require to go first. I will now explain the move set chosen for this Pokemon. Toxic was chosen due to being the only status inflicting move that does more damage over time. Although some Pokemon have resistances to this move. Power Share was chosen due to being able to lower there Attack and Special Attack allot easier then having to use other status inflicting moves. Protect was chosen to be used once Toxic has been inflicted on the opposing Pokemon I would use protect every second turn, if you want to risk it you can use it 2 times in a row. Also protect is a good move when the opposing side switches Pokemon to ensure that the opposing Pokemon cant do any threatening damage. Knock off, this move was chosen pretty much for knocking off any items that seem to threaten the length of Shuckles game play.

Threats: One of the major threats that are common in the OU game. Is Tyranitar there is not much you can do about this guy other than switching out. KKnowing that there is a good chance of Tyranitar using stone edge to attempt to kill Shuckles. I would recommend switching in a bulky water/grass type Pokemon to ensure you do not get ohko'd switching. Although if Tyranitar starts a permanent Sand storm its also a plus due to boosting Shuckles special defense by 50%. Meaning Shuckle would have a total of 838 Special Defense. There are other threats in the game but Tyranitar seems to be the biggest in OU.

Team Ideas: The way to get the most out of shuckle would have a Hippowdon or Tyranitar to start a Sandstorm to boost Shuckles special defense by 50%.

There you go guys my analyses of Shuckle.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:08 PM
BulletPuncher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: My thoughts on shuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The hard road View Post
Have you guys found any other ideas on how to stall with a Shuckle.
Here is my input and ideas that I have found useful and that work.

Lvl.100
Abilities: Sturdy
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
Ev's: 252 Defense, 252 Special Defense, 4 Hp
Iv's: 0 Attack, 0 Special Attack, 0 Speed

Move set:
Toxic
Power Share
Protect
Knock Off

Weakness:
Rock X2
Steel X2
Water X2

Resistances
Normal /2
Poison /2

Explanation: This move set I developed for one of my teams. The ability Sturdy was chosen over Gluttony for the obvious reason that this move set does not involve Shuckle holding a berry. The Iv's have been chosen becuase lower attack and special attack Iv's make the move power share work better and 0 speed Iv's was for better use in a trick room team. Although this set does not require to go first. I will now explain the move set chosen for this Pokemon. Toxic was chosen due to being the only status inflicting move that does more damage over time. Although some Pokemon have resistances to this move. Power Share was chosen due to being able to lower there Attack and Special Attack allot easier then having to use other status inflicting moves. Protect was chosen to be used once Toxic has been inflicted on the opposing Pokemon I would use protect every second turn, if you want to risk it you can use it 2 times in a row. Also protect is a good move when the opposing side switches Pokemon to ensure that the opposing Pokemon cant do any threatening damage. Knock off, this move was chosen pretty much for knocking off any items that seem to threaten the length of Shuckles game play.

Threats: One of the major threats that are common in the OU game. Is Tyranitar there is not much you can do about this guy other than switching out. KKnowing that there is a good chance of Tyranitar using stone edge to attempt to kill Shuckles. I would recommend switching in a bulky water/grass type Pokemon to ensure you do not get ohko'd switching. Although if Tyranitar starts a permanent Sand storm its also a plus due to boosting Shuckles special defense by 50%. Meaning Shuckle would have a total of 838 Special Defense. There are other threats in the game but Tyranitar seems to be the biggest in OU.

Team Ideas: The way to get the most out of shuckle would have a Hippowdon or Tyranitar to start a Sandstorm to boost Shuckles special defense by 50%.

There you go guys my analyses of Shuckle.
Use these evs: 248 hp / 252 def / 8 sp def. This spread maximizes his def. His special defense will still be higher that his defense in the sand. 248 hp evs instead of 252 is because of Stealth Rock. I recommend Hippowdon to set up the sand as Ttar and Shuck have similar typing.