Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

View Poll Results: Do you think Anthony will regain his memories?
Yes, Uxie will restore his memories. 7 14.00%
Yes, but Uxie will not be responsible for the memory restoration. 34 68.00%
No, he will have amnesia forever. 9 18.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:52 PM
mayfan1000 Offline

Default Re: [COMIC] Jentoh Adventures [G] ~ At least one new comic every week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
Ah, there was an error... CRAP... Thanks for pointing that out to me...
you are welcome...
Kadabra: 1667
Alakazam: 1739
Level100: 1919 vpp stats
Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

I give you Chapter 87 and probably my shortest battle ever. So, yeah... ENJOY!
Spoiler:
Old 11-25-2011, 03:59 PM
most duded Offline

can I be in

if so then:

name:Scar
Personality: concieted, fast, always speaks in other languages, bragges, hates to be judged, and fast to jump to conclusions
gym leader then becomes a person who travels with the main charechters
Pokemon: (all males no nicknames)
Duskull ( will become dusclops)
Elekid(will become electivire)
Eevee( will become Glaceon)
kabuto(will become kabutops)
numel(will become camerupt)
snorunt(will become Glalie)
trainer:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would like it to be a main charecter kinda

hello?

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 12-10-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Hi. I read your request and have some things to tell you.
1. It looks like the sprite you made is gen3 not gen4
2. I couldn't accept you as a gym leader because I already have all 8 gym leaders set for the story
3. It's a guest star registration form not a main character form.
4.And therein lies the main problem, Guest star registration is closed until I use the accepted guest stars. If I come across a spot where I need a guest star then I'll start with the first unaccepted guest. It's nothing personal, it's just the best way to do this: first come, first serve.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
most duded Offline

ooh...

Old 11-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Chapter 88 for your enjoyment!
Spoiler:
Old 12-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

I give you chapter 89 to read and enjoy!
Spoiler:
Old 12-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Most duded, please do not double-post, or post just one word. I'm combining your "hello?" post with the previous one.

So! I finally caught up, after having not read more than about 12 pages, I don't think. xD I'll post my criticisms and concerns/complaints first, and then the positive feedback, of course.

1) The battling. I noticed on the front page, you said at one stage that you had a new battle system kind of style, and it is better than the new one, but still really slow. I have problems with it because of a few reasons:
- When a trainer commands their pokemon to attack, it goes like this:
"Use tackle, poochyena!"
*poochyena uses tackle*
"Use leech seed, oddish!"
*oddish uses leech seed*
We can see that the oddish has used leech seed, as well as imagine it. It seems like you're a bit worried that the readers aren't getting enough detail unless you specify that the pokemon just did exactly as it was told, even though it's obvious that it did. You still might need the asterisk text to signify extra things (such as being poisoned, getting confused, or the attack missing*), but for the most part, what is said is unneeded.

- The battles are far too slow. For instance, the battle with the grunts a while back that lasted several pages. It was slow, kind of boring, and the same thing: trainer commands an attack, then the pokemon is said to be doing the attack. Trainer commands the attack, and then the pokemon is said to be doing the attack. Can you see how that pattern gets boring, especially when you state unneeded information?

- In a few cases, you didn't really take levels into account, such as the battles with that oddish, since it's only level 3.

- The battles are a bit predictable. It's a bit typical that their battle strategies to defeat Nyok were flawless and worked without a hitch. I wouldn't expect a gym leader to not learn from her mistakes. When that oddish was sent out - and don't forget it was two levels below the murkrow - she would have leaped at the chance of a type advantage and used peck immediately, rather than using torment. And a couple of other non-specific times, similar things have happened, or an attack was a critical hit--oh, that's right! One time, a pokemon...don't remember which one...used confusion attack on the oddish, and it fainted, of course, but only because it said it was a critical hit. Psychic attacks are strong against poison types, so that would have wiped out the oddish in one hit, even if its health was full.
Solutions:
- Make the battles a little more fun. A bit freer, perhaps, and try not to stick so closely to the game and its mechanics. It's a good basis to begin with, but don't stick heavily to the games and their rules.
- Maybe have two commands going at once, instead of one panel for one attack, which makes it go slowly.

2) The routes. They're all very plain and similar. When CJ (I think it was him) said that flying and rock types live on that route, it's pretty unbelievable. You need to design your routes and take the time to place more things than just one path. It's not visually entertaining, and it's also not very realistic. The flying types would only stick around if there was an abundance of trees (there are on the borders of the route, but not dotted around the place--like they should be to attract bird pokemon) and what better to attract rock and ground pokemon than rocky landscapes? On top of that, I don't think flying types and rock and ground types would all approve of the same places. You wouldn't see a bird pokemon nesting on rocks of cliffs unless they were vulture-like pokemon, right? And you wouldn't see a diglett in a tree, would you? Also, I would expect to see more pokemon in herds or flocks, not just singular. Keep this in mind. And remember, the same thing goes for your towns. They are very bear.

3) It annoyed me that all the girls want to compete in contests...it's really stereotypical (which doesn't make sense, because I don't understand how anyone - girl or not - would want to bother with them xD) and it annoyed me that not even the only level-headed girl (Rai) wanted to battle.

4) Your grammar didn't really improve from when I left my first review, but that's more me being picky. xD You need to remember your commas before a character's name (if they're being addressed), and you need to have periods where a lot of your commas are. Remember that a comma should only be in the middle of an explanation if there's a joining word like "but" or "and" to have it make sense, or if there's an 'Although' at the beginning of the sentence, or something similar to that. Although grammar takes a lot of learning, so I don't really expect much of that to change, unless you really care about it. xD

Okay, so that's pretty much all for my criticisms. Now for some specific pointers:

- How did Greg get to Sunset Port without the Shadow badge? He claims to want to go back to Shadow Town to get the badge, but how did he get there in the first place without it, and how does he plan to return? xD

- I don't understand how CJ has that weird family tradition. It explains how he got the blue flame for his charmander, but it doesn't explain HOW the blue flame results from a little bit of training. And HOW it only happens to his family. A bit of training shouldn't change the colour of their flames. And only in a specific battle? Shouldn't this involve a curse or a blessing or something that can be bestowed by his father?

- You don't need to have the opponent say "oh, I think your pokemon is stronger" when their pokemon level up, because it's strange that they would even mention it, plus it seems like you're trying to make sure the readers notice. If they don't notice, I'd say that's their fault. xD

- I think there might be a bit too much dialogue sometimes. Which is why the comic tend to progress a bit slowly. Or, in the least, I think you should have them walk much faster. They seem to say an entire sentence but only move one step, which is a bit unrealistic and it makes the chapter drag on.

- I think you should fit more into each chapter/page. Barely anything happens in one page, and I think it would be a more efficient use of space and better use of our time (so we don't have to constantly close the tab and open the next comic page) to have at least another row of panels. It would be easier for you, so that you don't have to keep making new pages and whatnot, and it would make it seem less slow. I mean, you have 89 pages so far, and they've only got one badge. xD

And now for the positive/rambles about the comic in general!

I love the sarcasm in the comic. xD Like when CJ was like "Who are you?" to Greg, and then he was like, "Who, me?" And CJ was like, "No, the other random dragon tamer I've never seen before." XD That was funny. I find it a bit rude that CJ frequently tells his companions to "shut up." it's quite rude and I wouldn't do it to someone I've only known for a few hours. xD

Just randomly, I really like Marcus. I think he's a very good portrayal of a champion--doesn't have time for random travellers (and he didn't care that Anthony also has a treecko XD) and he's after the important things, like stopping a criminal syndicate. I like Rai and Jon the most, probably. I don't like the other two girls because they annoy the crap outta me (xD), but that's not a criticism to you--that's just my likes and dislikes when it comes to characters. :3 It surprises me that the other two girls aren't twins or something, on account of how they finish each other's sentences. (Also, why don't the boys find that weird? xD) It sounds like something a married couple would do. xD

I'm interested to see where it goes...and I'm really curious about that friend of Anthony's that he apparently betrayed. Also, haha, I liked that you used Gameboy sprites for the flashback/dream/memory. But yeah, I'll keep reading. I really hope you read all of what I've said and take it all into consideration, because it took me ages to type out, and I'd really like to see some things improved. ^^ Well done so far, though. That's a lotta time spent on this!

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:40 AM
most duded Offline

I agree with that. and i think every one loses a battle once in a while

Old 12-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Just uploaded trainer artwork for each character made with the Pokemon Trainer Creator v.2 by Hapuriainen on Deviantart. Link to tool

I did not make the tool. All I did was use it.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:40 PM
most duded Offline

thats cool

Old 12-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Here is Chapter 90, and with it a new change that could make battles easier: No more levels. That's right, no levels. It might make some of the crazy battles easier to justify.
Also, it is near impossible to find a gust move sprite... Thank goodness for a ruby and sapphire sprite sheet...
Spoiler:
Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Nice new comic! I love that you got rid of levels; it makes it a lot easier, and draws it further away from the game and into a more story-like setting. And, hahaha, Rudy and Sapphire are brilliant, hey? ;]

I can't wait to see how this turns out. o: Pidgeotto are awesome pokemon. ^^ And remember the suggestion about making each chapter slightly longer. You don't have to, but I think it would be beneficial for you and for the viewers.

Keep it up! :D After reading this through, I really wanna create my own comic now. XD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Nice new comic! I love that you got rid of levels; it makes it a lot easier, and draws it further away from the game and into a more story-like setting. And, hahaha, Rudy and Sapphire are brilliant, hey? ;]

I can't wait to see how this turns out. o: Pidgeotto are awesome pokemon. ^^ And remember the suggestion about making each chapter slightly longer. You don't have to, but I think it would be beneficial for you and for the viewers.

Keep it up! :D After reading this through, I really wanna create my own comic now. XD

~GS.
Ruby and Sapphire are amazing. I keep hoping they get remakes...

I'll put some thought into the length.

Glad I could inspire you! :D
Old 12-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
Ruby and Sapphire are amazing. I keep hoping they get remakes...

I'll put some thought into the length.

Glad I could inspire you! :D
I know! xD Emerald still remains my favourite pokemon game. And, well, I dunno...I fear that it will ruin the original Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald for me... Granted, Soul Silver and Heart Gold didn't do that, but I dunno. I love RSE as Gameboy Advance games.

Okay. ^^ You might find it better for yourself.

xD It's awesome when you inspire others. ^^

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Closed Thread