Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 05:28 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: Anyone hate Arceus like I do?

I don't hate the stats. I hate the Pokemon.

It looks ugly, and the english voice is stupid. As everyone knows, the Japanese is once again better. The multytype ability is annoying and stupid. With him not knowing every single bloody move on the planet, there is absolutely no use.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

The problem isn't Arceus. The problem is that they make too many legendaries per game.

First generation had the 3 birds, Mewtwo and Mew. I think that was a good amount: 5.

Second generation had the 3 beasts, the 2 game mascots and Celebi. 6 legendaries wasn't too high. Acceptable.

Then the inflation began in the third generation: the 3 golems, the 3 game mascots, Jirachi, Deoxys and the Latis. Were the Latis really necessary and then there was Deoxys out of nowhere. I only found out about Deoxys through a friend a year after Ruby/Sapphire came out. Yeah it was a cool Pokemon but still... 10 legendary Pokemon.

The fourth generation made things worse: The 3 lake guardians, the 3 game mascots, Cresselia, Darkrai, Manaphy, Phione, Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin, and Arceus. 14 in all... They just went too far. Did we really need all those legendaries. What was the point of Regigas and Heatran? Too many.

I have yet to finish my White Version as I have only just acquired my second badge. I don't know how many legendaries there are in this generation other than the 2 game mascots. Yea I could check online to find out how many there are but I'd rather play and find out for myself.
Go to the Anime section

Old 07-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Master Aqua Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Aqua Send a message via MSN to Master Aqua

6 trio legends
3 dragon legends
3 event legends
Old 07-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Cepheus Offline

Personally, I don't count the legends that don't occur naturally in the game PART of the game...

I think Arceus is cool.. I'd really like to get one. In order to do so, someone has to trade me an event/cloned/hacked one. I can't get one by simply playing the game.. So in that regard, yes it is lame.

Same goes for Darkrai, Shaymin, Deoxys, etc...
Old 07-19-2011, 03:24 AM
Caspian Offline

Send a message via MSN to Caspian

I think it was a pretty cool idea, and we got to learn what the "god" of Pokemon was, so I don't really hate it. It has a pretty nice design, too.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Technology Offline
New Trainer

I wouldn't say hate but i'd use dislike instead, it is kind of ridiculous having an Arceus on your team but some people just like to battle that way. I would suggest you let your friends know about battling tiers and tell them it is nooby having a legendary Pokémon on your team.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Greens Offline

What's to not like about this Pokemon? The only deliver about you loathe him is using the reason that he is as well strong...

I think he is Awesome. I really such as the actuality he could be almost something you want, however I nevertheless think I'd choose any common version. Extremespeed AND Judgment with STAB... ouch!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:07 PM
EpicZekrom Offline

I dont hate it, I acrtually rather like Arceus, for show anyhow. I am not much on using him in battles, at least agaisnt people over WiFi or against friends. As for having a legendaryin my team I usually have one, though it's usually giratina or one of the second gen ones like Ho-Oh or Suicune.

As for as i am concerned Arceus is jsut there to sit pretty and look good for me. that and when i sue him against othes on Wifi or friends i feel cheap.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:12 PM
twistedspoon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to twistedspoon

I dislike Arceus rather than hating him.
he just seems too, over exaggerated. Everyone thinks he's the greatest Pokemon ever due to him being viewed as the God. That's the only reason i dislike him. Plus he seems too, err, gaudy in a way. i had always envisioned a Pokemon "god" as more of a spiritual being, or ghost in a way.

His whole type changing mechanics are pretty cool though, too.

Join PokeSun. Tell 'em IAmAMartian sent you!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Frost Dragon Offline

I mainly think he's overrated, I dont really hate him.

Lucario@312
Hatch: 327
Lucario: 432
Level100: 612
Closed Thread