Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Badal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Badal
Default Tutor Sign Up Thread [Round 1]

Read the rules here first

A tutor will be required to teach a user through chat- AIM/IRC how to play competitive Pokémon. For this you yourself must have sufficient knowledge of how to play it. You will be required to teach the student about every aspect of that particular metagame such as basic and advanced teambuilding, prediction, battle mechanics, synergy, specific teams and strategies related to that. Different styles of play. You will be required to tutor your student either until the round ends or until the user has learnt everything he possibly can and is satisfied as to how much he has learnt. Aside from that Good luck!

To sign up for becoming a tutor, you must be qualified to atleast some extent. Here is the form that you must fill up and post
Quote:
Name:
Timezone And Time when you are free to tutor:
Which tiers you wish to teach:
Qualifications:
About Yourself:
Sign-Ups will end once we have enough tutors.

Thank You

Tutors:
  • Quote:
    Name: Badal
    Timezone: GMT+5.5, I'm free from 4:30 [GMT+5.5] till around 10:30 [GMT+5.5]. On weekends I'm freefrom 10 AM [GMT+5.5] till 2 AM [GMT+5.5]. But this may vary.
    Which tiers you wish to teach: Gen 4 OU
  • Quote:
    Name: DSL
    Timezone And Time when you are free to tutor: Central/GMT -6 I'm free for PM's all day, but i can only battle after 4:30 [GMT-6]
    Which tiers you wish to teach: Gen 4 OU, Gen 5 OU
  • Quote:
    Name: BlueJello
    Timezone And Time when you are free to tutor: GMT+0. My free time is pretty random.
    Which tiers you wish to teach: Gen 4 OU and Uber and Gen 5 OU and Uber
  • Quote:
    Name:Knuckles
    Timezone And Time when you are free to tutor:GMT-5 (Eastern standard time)
    Which tiers you wish to teach:4th gen OU, UU. 5th Gen OU, UU, NU
  • Quote:
    Name: Latisiblings
    Timezone And Time when you are free to tutor: +9, Tuesday 4PM-9PM, Thursday 6PM-9PM, Saturday 6PM-9PM
    Which tiers you wish to teach: 5th gen OU.

Last edited by Badal; 03-08-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Default Re: Tutor Sign Up Thread [Round 1]

Name: DSL
Timezone And Time when you are free to tutor: Central/gmt -6 Im free for pms all day, but i can only battle after 4:30.
Which tiers you wish to teach: OU 4th, 5th
Qualifications: Ive run the number one clan on this forum for over a year, ive battled competitivly for 4 years. Ive battled and beaten all of the top battlers on this forum.
About Yourself: Im one of the most active people on the forum, i battle on po everynight. I have a fun job that allows me to start video clubs and work on a graphic novel.

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 03-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Badal Offline

Congratulations! You're accepted! Welcome.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

Is this for Gen IV or V? I'm much better with the latter, but I can do both.

Name: BlueJello
Timezone And Time when you are free to tutor: GMT+0. My free time is pretty random. :V
Which tiers you wish to teach: OU and Uber.
Qualifications: I got an A in my English exam once. Oh, Pokemon related? Been in about 12 different clans due to inactivity/closing down/etc. Also ran about 3 or 4 clans, so I've got the experience.
About Yourself: I've been competitive battling for about 4 years (the first 2 rather badly) but I think I've gotten pretty good at it. My favourite Pokemon is Ditto and my least favourite is probably Salamence. :V

EDIT: I think it's important to note which mediums we can battle on and sign tutees according to this. I currently only do Pokemon Online, although in a few months I expect to Wifi. (Game Freak made a smart move with giving B/W WPA support. Now I just need a DSi/3DS to do that. :p)

Last edited by Etymology; 03-07-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Badal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
Is this for Gen IV or V. I'm much better with the latter, but I can do both.
Well I'll put you up for both. This program is Gen 4/5/3/2/1 So you can sign up for any. As long as our tutors offer it.
Welcome aboard!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Knuckles Offline

Send a message via AIM to Knuckles Send a message via Yahoo to Knuckles

Name:Knuckles
Timezone And Time when you are free to tutor:GMT-5 (Eastern standard time)
Which tiers you wish to teach:4th gen OU, UU. 5th Gen OU, UU, NU
Qualifications: Been an active battler since 1st gen's release in the US and been competetive since the beginning of 4th gen. been a part of DSL's clan since about a week after opening. probably without question one of the better known battlers of the forum
About Yourself: Pro gamer. enough said. i do anime conventions, multi console tournaments, active pokemon breeder, and know how to RNG. Perfer wifi, but also use PO as testing grounds. currently in college for computer programming classes
Old 03-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Badal Offline

Congratulations! Welcome aboard as a tutor Knuckles!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Name: Latisiblings (duh)
Timezone And Time when you are free to tutor: +9, Tuesday 4PM-9PM, Thursday 6PM-9PM, Saturday 6PM-9PM
Which tiers you wish to teach: 5th gen OU; after the metagame settles down, I will attempt 5th gen UU.
Qualifications: A member of the previous T.E.C., I joined Brink of Insanity after The Eon Clan disbanded. I've defeated the leader of my clan in a war (albeit in 4th gen UU). I've battled competitively for about 2 years now.
About Yourself: I love RPG games, and my favourite series/games are Fire Emblem, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance/A2 and Legend of Zelda. Besides that, I also love anime, especially Death Note. I'm good at teaching people, as long as the said people stay focused.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Badal Offline

Welcome to the team! This is the team we're gonna start with! Welcome 4 of you. We'll start soon.
To anyone else who wishes to be a tutor, leave me a PM with the form and I'll see whether I can fit you in or not.