Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:30 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default European Thoughts

Don't know how many European folk we have on the forums, but I'd like to hear what you guys think of the game so far.

(Cause I'm really impatient for the American release)
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: European Thoughts

It is a Pokemon game worth getting if you enjoy Pokemon =D

- Long live Negima!
Old 03-05-2011, 02:11 AM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

Here in the Netherlands it was released today and I held a release party this evening, with 2 friends. It was a blast, we all played 5 hours non-stop. The game is awesome. Best points so far:

Only new pokemons till you finish the game. This is good, so you can and will fully enjoy all the new pokemon. I remember old Pokemon games where half way the story my team had more than 50 % old ones.

Great graphics.
Good humor.
Nice battle animation.
Battles go pretty quick, which really adds to the gameplay. I remember D/P/P was so, so slow...

AND..... TM'S CAN BE USED INFINITE. Best idea of 2011 if you ask me.

We all gonna like this one a lot! No doubt about that :D
Old 03-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Really? That's so cool!
You know I always thought it was odd that TMs are basically CDs like HMs and yet you can only use them once. This fixes sooo many problems :D

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 03-05-2011, 02:24 AM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

Yeah I agree with you. And we all agreed, this is just so much better. HM's are now even worse than TM's since TM's are now infinite AND replaceable! Anyway it just makes training your pokemons a lot easier. It still bugs me however, that the first Pokemon in your party doesn't follow you around anymore. SUCH A WASTE, GAMEFREAK. This TM feature makes up for it really well, though. When are you getting your games?

Old 03-05-2011, 02:29 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Omigosh, I have got to get out of this board or else I'm not going to make it till Sunday (or birthday *moan*)

Old 03-05-2011, 07:50 PM
dj-tiny Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKING View Post
Here in the Netherlands it was released today and I held a release party this evening, with 2 friends. It was a blast, we all played 5 hours non-stop. The game is awesome. Best points so far:

Only new pokemons till you finish the game. This is good, so you can and will fully enjoy all the new pokemon. I remember old Pokemon games where half way the story my team had more than 50 % old ones.

Great graphics.
Good humor.
Nice battle animation.
Battles go pretty quick, which really adds to the gameplay. I remember D/P/P was so, so slow...

AND..... TM'S CAN BE USED INFINITE. Best idea of 2011 if you ask me.

We all gonna like this one a lot! No doubt about that :D
best idea of 2011 is not infinte tm's because it was out in 2010

Old 03-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology

It's pretty good, and I must say, if you have a friend or another game + DS, the Entralink is extremely addicting and the powers you get help massively when it comes to egg hatching or just gaining levels.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Galdr Offline

Send a message via AIM to Galdr Send a message via MSN to Galdr Send a message via Yahoo to Galdr Send a message via Skype™ to Galdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJello View Post
It's pretty good, and I must say, if you have a friend or another game + DS, the Entralink is extremely addicting and the powers you get help massively when it comes to egg hatching or just gaining levels.
I second this. ^^

Another thing I want to add, is how the switch-out of Pokemon idea just got a little better.

Let's say you have a Charizard battling a Salamence. Salamence is losing, so its Trainer swaps it out, bringing in a new Pokemon, let's say Arbok. You swap out Charizard for Sandslash, KO'ing Arbok with Earthquake. The opponent sends Salamence out again, and Sandslash KOed it. Charizard still gets EXP because it had previously fought Salamence before being swapped out.

So that was quite interesting.

Also, the "Critical Catch" (when the thrown ball sounds like a "shhhnnnnk!") is a nice feature; works with any ball, and pretty much acts like a "Critical Hit" for the Trainer. Also, when you're around bicyclists, holding down the B button (for running) will cause the Bicyclists to bike faster than their normal speed. XD Pretty funny to me.

And like someone said before me: Reusable TMs = win. I wish Pokemon would still follow you around too, but ah well.

SoulSilver: 0948 0000 5129
Name: Pichu

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage." - Hero's Shade, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Old 03-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

I went out and bought Black on the Friday thinking the White version I ordered wouldn't arrive.
But it did.
I have only played White so far and if you thought there was a lot of running around for the story in other games, you're in for a shock.
Pretty much every city has a new quest/event that takes place.
The characters are cool.
Finding it a little difficult to get used to moving 2D sprites on a CG background during battle, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Plasma are confusing as hell.
TM'S DON'T BREAK UPON USAGE!
EXP diminishes as you level up, meaning it's not as easy to power level just one monster.
Oh and everytime I think that I have got the team I want, I catch something new and replace something else.
4 badges in and my Samurott is killing everything.
Loving it so far.

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Closed Thread