Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park » Individual Pokemon RP

Individual Pokemon RP This is where you'll find both the Main RP and the Individual RPs. Come on in and see what kind of Pokemon you can catch!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky
Default Re: Individual RP: Stinky

My ranger nodded in agreement. He reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked like a small piece of kibble, and then threw it to the small striped raccoon. Zigzagoon let the snack fall in front of it, barked its thanks, then shuffled off into the shrubbery with the snack in its mouth. My ranger and his Gallade began to walk off into the forest, and I obediently followed. I looked behind me to see Togekiss lazily flapping her wings behind me. She seemed to be enjoying the forest!

Suddenly, my ranger stopped, and pointed to what looked like a bunch of pink stones hidden beneath a giant green leaf. "There's an Exeggcute just over there, want to try and catch it?" he asked me. I took a glance at him, then back at the Exeggcute. It hadn't appeared to have noticed us yet.

"No thanks," I whispered, not wanting to wake the Exeggcute up. "Let's just let it be."
Old 03-15-2011, 08:34 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"No thanks, let's just leave it be," Bob whispered to me.

I nodded, and we crept past the sleeping Grass-typed Pokemon. Even Togekiss' wing-beats seemed quieter than they normally were.

It turned out that I had been right about the end of the forest section coming up soon. Not long after passing the Exeggcute the trees began to thin out, and I saw the gate that returned us to the normal cobblestone paths of the Botanical Gardens as opposed to the dirt path that we had been walking on so far. I knew that if we left the forest now we'd be close to both the greenhouses and the lake system, but then again no Durant had been sighted in any of those sections. I decided to leave the choice up to Bob.

"So, we have a few options from here," I said to Bob, "we can either go down a side-path and stay in this forested area, or leave and head for either the ponds or the greenhouses. It's your call."

I took a step back and waited for Bob's decision.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Bob Miller
Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining, Ferroseed Voice Disk[ONE USED, INACTIVE], Durant Voice Disk[TWO USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Bold Ferroseed(F), ??? Zigzagoon(?); ??? Exeggcute(?)
Pokemon Captured: Bold Ferroseed(F)
CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Gentle Female Togekiss 91% (TM Flamethrower ; TM HP Grass ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Attract ; TM Water Pulse ; TM Protect ; TM Roost ; TM Shock Wave ; TM Psychic ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Double Team ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Fire Blast ; TM Reflect ; TM Light Screen ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Rest ; TM Swagger ; TM Defog ; HM Flash ; EM Nasty Plot ; EM Psycho Shift ; EM Heal Bell ; EM Tri-Attack ; EM Trick

Jolly Genderless Bronzong 100% (TM Trick Room; TM Charge Beam; TM Flash Cannon; TM HP Fighting ; TM Stealth Rock ; TM Protect ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Earthquake ; TM Explosion ; TM Calm Mind ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Dream Eater ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Rest ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Light Screen ; TM Reflect ; TM Rock Tomb ; TM Psych Up ; TM Psychic ; TM Rock Polish ; TM Substitute ; TM Solarbeam ; TM Return ; TM Double Team ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Skill Swap ; TM Swagger ; HM FlasH ; EM Trick ; EM Zen Headbutt ; EM Iron Head <Levitate Ability>)

Jolly Male Yanmega 100% (TM Roost ; TM HP Ice ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Substitute ; TM Giga Drain ; TM Psychic ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Attract ; TM Dream Eater ; TM Defog ; TM Flash; EM Whirlwind ; EM Reversal <Speed Boost Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x9
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS
Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter
RIP Outer Heavens. Forever unhappy.

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly
Old 03-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

We walked past the Exeggcute, and after walking for a little while without seeing any Pokemon, I saw a gate leading out of the forest. My ranger turned around to talk to me. "So, we have a few options from here," he said. "We can either go down a side-path and stay in this forested area, or leave and head for either the ponds or the greenhouses. It's your call," he finished. I took a second- I didn't think there would be any Durant near the lake, and probably not in the greenhouse- they would probably be in the shade of the forest.

"Can we stay in the forest for now?" I asked, glancing at the dirt path that led away from the gate to exit the forest.

OOC: eep. short.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:57 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

Send a message via AIM to ChainReaction01 Send a message via MSN to ChainReaction01

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Can we stay in the forest for now?" Bob asked. He looked towards a small side path, leading north.

"Sure," I replied. I didn't know the path very well, but surely just because it wasn't as well traveled it wouldn't present any problems. I led Bob down the winding path, quickly losing sight of the gate.

There weren't any problems until about five minutes later, where we found a large fallen tree blocking our path. I scratched me head - as a Ranger I was able to remove roadblocks on thoroughfares, and as an Elite I had even more leeway. The problem was that this path didn't look like it had been used in months, and Wild Pokemon might be using it as a nesting place. No, the best option was to go around. I led Bob to the right, intending to go around the tree.

"Be careful of your feet, you don't want to accidentally step on something dangerous," I cautioned him.

We reached the ripped-out stump. Twisting pieces of wood pointed in all directions. There was no sign of damage at the base - it almost looked like the tree had been lifted out of the ground. I was about to point this out to Bob when I saw a large purple-ish flower resting in the crater where the tree had once been. It was a sleeping Vileplime. The flower on top of its head gently swayed from side to side as it slept.

"Feel like catching a Vileplume?" I asked Bob.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining, Ferroseed Voice Disk[ONE USED, INACTIVE], Durant Voice Disk[THREE USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Bold Ferroseed(F), ??? Zigzagoon(?); ??? Exeggcute(?); ??? Vileplume(?)
CC since last Encounter: 658

Pokemon Statistics:

Gentle Female Togekiss 91% (TM Flamethrower ; TM HP Grass ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Attract ; TM Water Pulse ; TM Protect ; TM Roost ; TM Shock Wave ; TM Psychic ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Double Team ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Fire Blast ; TM Reflect ; TM Light Screen ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Rest ; TM Swagger ; TM Defog ; HM Flash ; EM Nasty Plot ; EM Psycho Shift ; EM Heal Bell ; EM Tri-Attack ; EM Trick

Jolly Genderless Bronzong 100% (TM Trick Room; TM Charge Beam; TM Flash Cannon; TM HP Fighting ; TM Stealth Rock ; TM Protect ; TM Grass Knot ; TM Earthquake ; TM Explosion ; TM Calm Mind ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Dream Eater ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Rest ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Light Screen ; TM Reflect ; TM Rock Tomb ; TM Psych Up ; TM Psychic ; TM Rock Polish ; TM Substitute ; TM Solarbeam ; TM Return ; TM Double Team ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Skill Swap ; TM Swagger ; HM FlasH ; EM Trick ; EM Zen Headbutt ; EM Iron Head <Levitate Ability>)

Jolly Male Yanmega 100% (TM Roost ; TM HP Ice ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Substitute ; TM Giga Drain ; TM Psychic ; TM Toxic ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Attract ; TM Dream Eater ; TM Defog ; TM Flash; EM Whirlwind ; EM Reversal <Speed Boost Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x9
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 03-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

"Sure," my ranger said, leading me down the winding path through the forest. It was fairly uninteresting, until we reached a large tree that had fallen down, right in the middle of the path. I looked at my ranger, who looked like he was pondering something. He suddenly went off the path, obviously intending to go around the tree. "Be careful of your feet, you don't want to accidentally step on something dangerous," he said cautiously. I looked down at my feet- there were fallen leaves and small plants everywhere. We soon reached the stump of the tree, but it didn't look as if it had fallen over. The sides were not bent like they should have been if the tree had fallen over. It looked almost like a crater- but smack dab in the middle of the crater was an ugly red flower. The petals swayed side-to-side. Was it alive?

"Feel like catching a Vileplume?" my ranger asked me.

"No thanks," I whispered. "I think battling it would cause more harm then good," I noted nervously.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:13 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"No thanks, I think battling it would cause more harm then good," Bob whispered to me nervously.

I agreed silently. These things had a tendency to use their dangerous powder-based attacks to decimate entire teams. Poison here, paralyze there, sleep in the middle... healing that was often a nightmare. Not to mention that the reason the tree had fallen in the first place was probably still around here, whether it was living or environmental.

Using my arms to wave directions, we quietly tiptoed around the sleeping Pokemon and around the tree, intending to head back to the path. Unfortunately, it turned out the tree had large boughs, and one of these was blocking our way back to the path. I turned and looked at Bob.

"Right, we can either try to go through this, or work our way through the scrub," I said to him. "If you want to get back to the path, you'll have to figure out a way through this tree."

Rangers weren't supposed to hand the Pokemon over to the Trainer on a platter, or make their run cushy. If Bob wanted to get back onto the path, getting around this huge piece of wood without destroying the surrounding area would be a reasonable challenge. Of course, we could always just go through the wild part of the woods - rare Pokemon didn't often stray onto the path. The Vileplume was a good example of this.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 11 Encounters Remaining, Ferroseed Voice Disk[ONE USED, INACTIVE], Durant Voice Disk[THREE USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Bold Ferroseed(F), ??? Zigzagoon(?); ??? Exeggcute(?); ??? Vileplume(?)
CC since last Encounter: 1641

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x9
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 03-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

My ranger helped me get around the Vileplume by waving his arms to direct me. We made it through fairly easily, but soon found ourselves blocked from the path by the large uprooted tree. "Right, we can either try to go through this, or work our way through the scrub," he said, looking at the tree. "If you want to get back to the path, you'll have to figure out a way through this tree."

We could have just stayed off of the path, which could have led to rarer Pokemon. But I wasn't too worried about finding rare Pokemon, and I figured that this deep in the forest, it wouldn't make much of a difference. But what would I do? I could have Yanmega Slash the thick branches of the tree, but that would take too long... An idea sprung to my mind. I looked at my watch... "It's 11:11!" I exclaimed, looking at Togekiss, my Ranger, and his Gallade. "Togekiss, use Wish, but instead of Wishing for HP, Wish that the tree would be removed somehow!" I ordered. 11:11 was a magical time, a time when you could make a wish and it would most likely come true. Hopefully such a wish as this one would be granted, due to the combined power of Togekiss and 11:11. "Chainy, Dual, why don't we wish too? It can't hurt," I said, closing my eyes, and wishing in my mind that the tree would be removed.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:00 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Bob seemed to sink into thought, staring at the massive tree. I followed suit. It was a huge tree, probably one of the biggest in the Gardens. A bus could have easily driven through the trunk if it were hollow, and thus why it was such a huge obstacle. I'd probably have to report this when I got back - seeing as there were no other trees knocked down, it couldn't have been a storm or something environmental. The ground seemed pretty strong around here too, so chances were good that something big and pissed-off was in the area.

Bob suddenly looked at his watch, and a spark entered his eyes. "It's 11:11!" he exclaimed before turning to look at Togekiss, my Ranger, and his Gallade. "Togekiss, use Wish, but instead of Wishing for HP, Wish that the tree would be removed somehow!"

He then turned to me and Dual. "Chainy, Dual, why don't we wish too? It can't hurt," he said enthusiastically.

I shot Dual a quick sideways look, and he returned it. It was actually quite a scary coincidence - I was the most religious of all the Rangers, and Dual had been working on perfecting his Wish technique recently. We both shrugged, and closed our eyes.

Nothing happened. I looked at the tree branch, and nothing had happened. I almost wished something had happened - it would have made for a cool story back at headquarters.

"Well, I guess we better work our way through the scrub," I said to Bob sadly. I turned and kicked the trunk of the tree vengefully.

A creaking sound echoed through the air, and a huge slab of bark fell inwards, revealing a dark hollow. I stuck my head inside and I realised what was going on - the entire massive tree was hollow!

"No way," I gasped, but at least we had a way to get back to the trail if Bob wanted to. We'd have to be careful in the dark cramped environment, though - who knows what could be hiding in there.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 11 Encounters Remaining, Ferroseed Voice Disk[ONE USED, INACTIVE], Durant Voice Disk[THREE USED]
CC since last Encounter: 2928

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x9
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

I looked sadly at the tree in front of us. Nothing had happened! "Well, I guess we better work our way through the scrub," my ranger said remorsefully. It seemed like he too had gotten his hopes up. He gave the tree a kick, as if angry at it, and much to my surprise, the bark that he kicked flew inwards! As it clattered to the ground, I could hear it echoing through the tree- the tree was hollow! "No way!" my ranger said, surprised by this turn of events. My ranger looked inside, and I followed suit. The tree trunk was huge- I could probably stand side to side with Chainy, Dual, and Togekiss, and there would still be room on either side of us. It smelled very damp- it couldn't have died long ago. I could hear the Durant noise traveling down the long trunk- where would it lead?

"Well," I said. "Let's go in there! Togekiss, can you use Flash to light the place up?" Togekiss nodded, and flew past us to get inside the tree. Once she was inside, her body began to glow, brighter and brighter, until it was about the brightness of a light bulb. She shuddered quickly, and the light left her body and formed a small ball of light in the air, which would follow us along the tunnel. I turned to my ranger and smiled, then began to walk down the dimly lit tree trunk.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:03 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Well, let's go in there! Togekiss, can you use Flash to light the place up?" Bob asked his Pokemon.

Togekiss nodded and cooed softly. A small ball of light grew, and it floated in front of her. She landed, and waddled through the small entry way. I did the same, followed by Bob soon after. The inside of the tree was like another realm - weakly glowing fungus dotted the cylinder, and rough protrusions threatened to trip us up if we weren't careful. The size of the hollow was staggering - Togekiss could circle freely in here, although not by much.

I saw a couple of Paras - they took one look at us and began skittering away towards the bright speck of light at the end that was the exit to this strange world.

"Huh, guess I can't offer you one of them," I joked, "they ran away too fast."

Bob was about to reply when I heard a strange metallic screech. I turned around, and my jaw dropped. There was a Durant here, revealed by Togekiss' Flash. This was great news for Bob, but we had more pressing matters to attend to. The Durant wasn't that big, perhaps thigh-high, but it had sharp, powerful pincers, and it looked pissed.

"Well, there's your Durant," I said to Bob nervously. "I'd advise battling it outside, but then again to get out we'll have to make a run for the hole at the top of the hollow. Your call."

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining, Ferroseed Voice Disk[ONE USED, INACTIVE], Durant Voice Disk[FOUR USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Bold Ferroseed(F), ??? Zigzagoon(?); ??? Exeggcute(?); ??? Vileplume(?); ??? Durant(?)
CC since last Encounter: 4202

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x9
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 03-21-2011, 12:03 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

The inside of the tree was a sharp contrast to the forest we had just come from. It was extremely dark, the only light source coming from Togekiss's ball of light that hung above our heads. There were small fungus glowing around the circumference of the trunk, but their glow was not noticeable- they seemed more like a trick of the eye than living fungi. Looking around, I could see sharp branches jutting inside of the tree- battling in here would not be fun. Ahead of us, I could hear a click-clack knows of claws on the wood, and I saw a couple small orange bugs scurry into the light. They looked almost like crabs- except for the fact that there were bulbous red mushrooms sprouting from their backs. The small Paras skittered to a stop about three yards away, took one look at the source of the light, then turned around and shot off back down to the end of the tunnel. "Huh, guess I can't offer you one of them," my ranger said jokingly, "they ran away too fast."

I opened my mouth to reply, but all of a sudden, the noise coming from the Poke Player became a hundred times more intense- I looked down at it, wondering if it was malfunctioning, but something else caught my eye. Blocking the exit to the hollow, I could see the silhouette of a large Pokemon. It snapped its pincers menacingly, and my heart skipped a beat- a Durant! I couldn't see its features too well, but I sensed that it was unhappy- it had probably heard the noise we made when my ranger kicked in the tree, and come to investigate. "Well, there's your Durant," my ranger said nervously. Was he scared? I didn't blame him, the Durant was a pretty scary creature. "I'd advise battling it outside, but then again to get out we'll have to make a run for the hole at the top of the hollow. Your call."

Durant snapped its pincers again, and I knew right away that I did not want to battle inside. "Okay, let's get out of here. Togekiss, use Follow Me- we want Durant to follow us. Then use Extremespeed to break the side of the tree trunk and get out of here!" I exclaimed. After seeing the Paras turn and run, I didn't want to chance such a thing happening again with a rare Pokemon such as Durant. Togekiss nodded, and turned back to the enormous metallic ant. She wiggled her body a little bit, then gave an exaggerated wink to Durant. Although I couldn't see Durant's expression directly, I knew what would have happened- it would be determined to land an attack on Togekiss. Wasting no time, Togekiss made a ninety degree turn, and began to vibrate very quickly. The faster she moved, the more momentum she would have, and the more force she could do to the tree trunk. And hopefully with enough force, she would make a big enough hole for us to walk through. And if not, Durant would probably tear a hole through the bark in order to get at Togekiss. Togekiss, breaking me from my reverie, shot forward into the tree trunk. I shut my eyes in preparation for the massive flood of light that would come through the opening.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:27 AM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Durant gender?

~~~~~

Bob seemed to be swayed by my advice. "Okay, let's get out of here. Togekiss, use Follow Me- we want Durant to follow us. Then use Extremespeed to break the side of the tree trunk and get out of here!" he called.

I was surprised. That wasn't an option I had thought of, but then again it was understandable. I was locked into the mindset of avoiding as much damage to the surroundings as possible. Bob wasn't, but I knew he knew he should be trying to minimize his impact on the environment. Trainers were supposed to Protect Park Property, but despite their attempts (or because of their lack of them) they never leave a battlefield the same way they found it.

Togekiss flew down in front of us, opposite the Durant. It did something that I didn't see, and the Durant screeched with rage. Togekiss immediately banked a hard left and shuddered. She vibrated for a full second, then shot forwards, crashing into the hard bark of the tunnel. The feathery bullet that was Bob's Pokemon smashed through the wood, and sunlight poured into the hollow tree. I head more screeches - other small Pokemon didn't like the light. They retreated from it, and the battle.

Us humans weren't completely unaffected either. Bob had shut his eyes, ready for it, but I hadn't. As a Ranger, it was my duty to observe the situation at all points in time. Luckily, the visor that covered my right eye automatically dulled when the cameras detected the incoming light, so although my left eye was temporarily blinded my right eye was effectively wearing sunglasses, and so protected.

The Durant wasn't pleased with this turn of events, but it certainly wasn't going to let the Togekiss get away. It scuttled past us and out the whole, opening its jaws wide. A thin silver beam lanced out from its partially-hidden mouth, striking Togekiss on its back. Togekiss cried out, but managed to maintain her flight, and she circled the forest high above the angry ant Pokemon, ready for her next orders.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

Gentle Female Togekiss: 82% (used Follow Me, Extremespeed)

??? ??? Durant: 100% (used Flash Cannon)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: 10 Encounters Remaining, Ferroseed Voice Disk[ONE USED, INACTIVE], Durant Voice Disk[FOUR USED]
Pokemon Encountered: Bold Ferroseed(F), ??? Zigzagoon(?); ??? Exeggcute(?); ??? Vileplume(?); ??? Durant(?)
CC since last Encounter: 7202

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x9
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 03-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

OOC: Male please~

IC: Upon opening my eyes, I saw that the trunk had been opened wide- there was plenty of room for Chainy and I to get out, as well as Durant. The Follow Me attack had obviously worked- Durant scurried out the hole, its metallic legs clacking on the wood as it went after Togekiss. As it stepped into the light, I could see it much more clearly. Its body was split into three parts, like most other insects.

Its abdomen was bulb-shaped, and looked almost like a spider's abdomen. It had a metallic sheen that wasn't blinding, but still made me squint a little bit. Its thorax was smaller and more spherical, but sprouting from the bottom of the thorax were six long, black legs. It was amazing how such skinny legs could hold such a creature up- it looked to weigh at least a hundred pounds, if not more. Its head was the part of its body that was the most intimidating. The main part of the head was perfectly spherical. It had menacing crimson eyes that glared at Togekiss. Springing from the top of its head were two antenna, each silver with a ball on the end. They looked like silver dandelions. But then there were its pincers. They were huge- about the width of its body. It opened them up, and I could see how sharp they were- I definitely wanted to keep Togekiss away from them at all costs.

Durant let out a cry, and from its opened jaws, a silver beam pierced the air, headed straight for Togekiss. The attack shot through the air, hitting Togekiss in her back. I recognized the attack as a Flash Cannon- it wouldn't do much to Togekiss, considering that it was not very effective in the first place, and that Durant had pretty abyssal Special Attack. Togekiss let out a small cry of pain, but stayed in flight. I slowly stepped out of the hollow, stepping to the side so that I wouldn't attract Durant's attention. We were pretty close to the path-- a few yards at most. The forest here wasn't very thick with vegetation. There were some fallen leaves on the ground, but for the most part, the ground was clear. Tall pine trees reached to the sky, casting long dark shadows in some places, and letting the sun illuminate the floor in others.

"Alright Togekiss," I called up to the dove who was circling above us. Durant watched her intently, anticipating her next move. "Let's use Yawn to put Durant to sleep. You're going to have to get close to execute the move though, so be careful!" I ordered. Togekiss nodded, and swooped down closer to the ground. Leaves and dirt swirled up around her as she slowed down near the ground. I saw her take in a big huff of air, then she began to move towards Durant, exhaling as she got about five feet away from the steel ant.

"Mwaaawr," Togekiss yawned. I could very faintly see the outline of what looked like a smoke cloud moving towards Durant. I yawned too- yawning really was contagious!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:22 PM
ChainReaction01 Offline

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

Upon inching out of the hole and casting a quick look around, I noticed the path nearby, which was good. That meant we wouldn't have to look for it later, and we had a path of retreat if this Durant turned out to be too much for Bob to handle. Not that I thought that was the case, but it was always best to have a backup plan.

<Hey James, there's something I want to check out, I'll be back in a bit,> Dual's thought suddenly washed across my mind. I nodded - he was probably worried about the same thing as me.

Sure, take your time, I replied silently, Smash, Meta and Broadblade can keep an eye on me.

Dual snorted, but jumped up onto the fallen tree and began running along it, arms trailing in the wind behind him. If I needed him, I could always contact him by telepathy, and I had plenty of other Pokemon should an emergency arise.

"Okay Togekiss," I heard Bob call, and I turned my attention back to the battle. "Let's use Yawn to put Durant to sleep. You're going to have to get close to execute the move though, so be careful!"

Togekiss took a deep breath and raised her wings, stalling in the air. This meant she was slowly falling towards the Durant. When she was close, she started exhaling the air, which was now tinged a slight milky-white. The cloud blew over the Durant, and it shook its head, trying to get the smoke out of its eyes.

It didn't miss a beat, though. As soon as the Togekiss was directly over it the angry ant Pokemon jumped into the air, driving itself upwards with its deceptively powerful rear legs. The top of its head was glowing silver, and the attack smashed into Togekiss' torso. She wailed in a trilling kind of way, and flapped her wings hard to get away, but the damage had been done. The Durant returned to earth with a thud, making the ground shake a little bit. It's large pincers moved open and closed in what I guessed was the insect approximation of a yawn.

I cast a slightly worried eye at Togekiss - she didn't seem to be too badly hurt, but that attack wouldn't be as easy to shake off as the Flash Cannon from before.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

Gentle Female Togekiss: 61% (used Yawn)

??? Male Durant: 100%, DROWSY (used Iron Head)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: Bold Ferroseed(F), ??? Zigzagoon(?); ??? Exeggcute(?); ??? Vileplume(?); ??? Durant(M)
CC since last Encounter: 7202 / 25000

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Type Repellent x3
Hyper Ball x2
Park Ball x9
Hyper Repellant
Pokeplayer
Ferroseed Voice Disk x2
Durant Voice Disk

~~~~~

SCROLL OF CHAINS

Old 03-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Durant shook its head, trying to shake off the drowsiness, but I knew that it wouldn't helped- it was only a matter of time before the steel ant fell asleep. Togekiss took the chance to try and get away, but she made the mistake of trying to make her escape by flying over Durant, instead of backing up- and Durant made her pay for it. As soon as she was above its head, Durant launched itself into the air, straight into Togekiss. Its head glowed silver- I easily recognized the attack as an Iron Head.

Togekiss let out a shrill cry, and flapped her wings quickly to get away from the ant. I could tell that she was hurt- she wouldn't last much longer if those attacks kept up. Durant fell back down to the ground with a distinct 'thud' noise. I felt the ground tremor a little bit, and I looked back at my ranger to see if he noticed it. He looked like he had, but I noticed that his Gallade was gone- where had it gone? I considered asking my ranger, but decided that I should pay attention to the battle instead. I looked back to see Togekiss remaining in the air, plenty far away from Durant. I didn't want to push her too far and go in for another attack, but at the same time, I didn't want her to Roost- that would give the Durant ample time to come and make a strong attack on her. My best bet would probably be to go for a long-range attack, to keep it at bay until it fell asleep. Then I could recover HP or safely get Togekiss out of the battle.

"Okay Togekiss, get close enough to accurately hit it with Thunder Wave, but make sure you don't get directly above it again. And once you've done that, make sure to try and evade its moves the best you can until it falls asleep!" I yelled up to the dove who was hovering about ten yards away from me. Togekiss nodded. Just like in our battle with Ferroseed, blue electricity began to spark up around her wings, while she cautiously eyed Durant, watching for it to make a move. She slowly approached it, maintaining eye contact with it. She was a few feet off the ground at this point- and once she got about five yards in front of Durant, she launched the attack towards it, the electricity leaping from her wings into the air and towards Durant.