Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Official B/W Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

IMHO, no matter how powerful Take Down is, it seems like a move you would want to never use\get rid of in something like this. Along with any other move with a recoil :\

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 03-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
IMHO, no matter how powerful Take Down is, it seems like a move you would want to never use\get rid of in something like this. Along with any other move with a recoil :\
It was just a bad luck case with that, because she had plenty of HP to survive the recoil before the Low Kick got her down to 5 HP (don't remember if it was a critical hit or not). Besides that, Take Down was really one of the only good moves she had when she went down. But in all honesty, I wouldn't have kept two Herdiers in my party anyway. One is definitely enough.

Bide has become a real pain in the neck though. As soon as a Pokemon uses that, they become a ticking time bomb, and you've either got to strike them down fast or hope you can run away successfully in case you know you're not going to be able to do enough damage.

Still, its a pretty fun and interesting way to play the game.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Does anyone know Run Away in B/W?

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 03-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Bleh, kind of an eventful day.

Started off by heading to Nimbasa City, and ran into N. His Durumaka's Fire Punch pretty much killed Razor, though I thought he might have been able to pull through considering he was almost at full health and he was roughly eight levels above. Ah well.

Also caught a Minccino on Route 5, who I named Stilletto. However, she didn't last long. I tried to do the whole put her in front since her level was low and then swap to a stronger Pokemon to take out the wild ones and gain some experience that way. It worked for a little while before a wild Liepard killed her with a Pursuit attack. Rats. From what I learned, Minccino looks cute, but that's about all it has going for it.

Meanwhile, training Katana the Sandile has been a bit of a challenge. Route 4 is too low and the weighted experience slows the grinding to a painful crawl, but Pinwheel forest is loaded with too many fighting and grass types, leaving me to pit her against stuff her own level. Risky, but it seems like the only choice.

Besides all that, I managed to get Scythe the Yamask from Relic Castle, and got Rapier the Archen from the Plume Fossil. Keep on truckin'.

-------------------------------------
Active Optional Rules (Besides Core Rules)
  • All Pokemon must be given nicknames.
  • Items (non-held) may only be used outside of battle.
  • Battle style must be “SET.”
  • Banning the use of Master Balls.
  • No catching of legendaries.
  • Legendaries must be killed.

Number of Gym Badges: 3

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 5

► Saber the Simipour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 31]
► Dirk the Herdier (@ Route 3) [Lv. 30]
► Dagger the Sawk (@ Pinwheel Forest) [Lv. 30]
► Shiv the Scraggy (@ Route 4) [Lv. 33]
► Katana the Sandile (@ Desert Resort) [Lv. 21]
► Rapier the Archen (Plume Fossil) [Lv. 26]

✧ Scythe the Yamask (Relic Castle) [Lv. 21]

Scout the Lillipup (@ Route 1) (KIA from wild Patrat Bide attack at Dreamyard)
Blade the Roggenrola (@ Wellspring Cave) (KIA from wild Patrat Bide attack at Dreamyard)
Tyra the Herdier (@ Route 2) (KIA from Take Down recoil after getting hit from a wild Timbur's Low Kick at Pinwheel Forest)
Razor the Servine (Starter) (KIA from N's Darumaka Fire Punch at Nimbasa City
Stilletto the Minccino (@ Route 5) (KIA from wild Liepard's Pursuit attack at Route 5)

Old 03-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Okay, I realized I caught Scythe the Yamask illegitimately. I thought the east entrance and the west entrance to Relic Castle led to two separate places, and the first Pokémon I found at Relic Castle was another Sandile, which I unfortunately KOed before capture. Only when I double checked did I realize the same place just has two entrances. So Scythe was released.

Anyway…

Katana, my first Sandile, was killed during training after getting nailed with a critical hit Headbutt from a wild Dorumaka. After that, I caught a wild Ducklett, who I named Scimitar, on the Driftveil Drawbridge, which I was actually pretty pleased about considering Simipour is a pathetic excuse for a water type. However, she didn’t last long when another wild Dorumaka badly hit her with a Façade attack, and the sandstorm finished her off.

I was a little bummed out considering a great ground type like a Sandile would have been helpful with the fourth gym, but I used Dirk the Soutland in her place and he did a pretty decent job and didn’t come anywhere close to going down.

I also caught a wild Timburr (Cutlass) at Cold Storage, and a wild Kerrablast (Claymore) on Route 6. However, both of them are pretty low in level, and I figure considering how badly training against wild Pokémon has been going lately, I think I’ll refrain from training them unless I really have to. Right now I have five solid Pokémon that can handle themselves, and I don’t need a second fighting type and I don’t think a bug type really fits the current team I have now anyway. So they’re in storage at the moment.

Still, hopefully more Pokémon, less casualties in the future. Now I’ve got to take on Clay, and see if Saber is actually up for the job armed with no better water move than Water Gun.

• All Pokémon must be given nicknames.

Number of Gym Badges: 4

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 7

► Saber the Simipour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 32]
► Dirk the Stoutland (@ Route 3) [Lv. 34]
► Dagger the Sawk (@ Pinwheel Forest) [Lv. 34]
► Shiv the Scraggy (@ Route 4) [Lv. 33]
► Rapier the Archen (Plume Fossil) [Lv. 35]

✧ Cutlass the Timburr (@ Cold Storage) [Lv. 22]
✧ Claymore the Kerrablast (@ Route 6) [Lv. 22]

Blade the Roggenrola (@ Wellspring Cave) (KIA from wild Patrat Bide attack at Dreamyard)
Tyra the Herdier (@ Route 2) (KIA from Take Down recoil after getting hit from a wild Timbur's Low Kick at Pinwheel Forest)
Razor the Servine (Starter) (KIA from N's Darumaka Fire Punch at Nimbasa City)
Stilletto the Minccino (@ Route 5) (KIA from wild Liepard's Pursuit attack at Route 5)
Katana the Sandile (@ Desert Resort) (KIA from wild Dorumaka’s critical hit Headbutt attack on Route 4)
Scimitar the Ducklett) (KIA from wild Dorumaka’s Façade attack +Sandstorm damage on Route 4)

Old 03-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Oof, I tried Nuzlocke and I just got super frustrated; my poor, poor Oshawott somehow wound up dying every single time before the first gym during level grinding, whether through bad luck or dumb mistakes. Larvi's done, folks.

However, I did have an idea whilst I was torturing myself: suppose someone took the Nuzlocke idea and made it into a full-blown fanfic sort of deal? Like, followed and narrated their Nuzlocke experience in fanfic form, I mean. It'd be pretty awesome, and someone sufficiently creative could come up with some nifty narrative justifications for the rules (Pokeball safety mechanisms broken, supplies too low to buy anything, etc). I dunno, I think it'd be hella dramatic.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:52 AM
TsukiKaiki64 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to TsukiKaiki64 Send a message via Yahoo to TsukiKaiki64

I'm so excited, my first Nuzlocke challenge! On my White game, too.

Tiki's White Nuzlock!

My Rules (besides the core ones)
  • Banning the use of healing items, like Potions.
  • Pokemon must be named after food.
  • If I have six Pokemon in my team, I can not catch anymore. I can, however, come back to that route later should I have less than six Pokemon on my team.
  • No Legendaries expect Zekrom (since to get through the game you need to catch him.)
  • Only five Pokeballs (Dusk Balls, Ultra Balls, etc,) per town.
  • Gifted Pokemon are freebies, they don't count as a Pokemon caught in a Route.

Current Party:
  • Cake the Sassy Munna (Dreamyard) Lvl: 16
  • DarkCream the Impish Purrlion (Route 2) Lvl: 12
  • Lettuce the Careful Pansage (gift in Dreamyard) Lvl: 15
  • Hotdog the Quiet Lillipup (Route 1) Lvl: 7

Dead List:
  • Sasauge the Timid Tepig (Nuvema Town) Ah, Sasuage will be missed... though if he couldn't beat a lvl 10 Patrat at full health, then I guess its good riddance. But there goes my help against Burgh and Brycen. Lesigh.

Badges: Basic Badge!

Story:
So Gourmet Food, or just Gourmet, set out on his adventure with his best friends Bianca and Cheren. He picked Tepig from the gift box and nicknamed him sasauge before being challenged by my two 'friends' and recieving my Pokedex and blah blah blah.
The beginning is boring. I just trained Sasauge and Lettuce's hindquarters off for the first gym, then went and got Sasuage killed before deciding to write this. I'll update tomorrow.

Paired with my love, the incredibly awesome and amazingly fantastic Shock <3
Black and White Teams

Black FC: Alexa, 5243 2120 8993
Old 03-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
Oof, I tried Nuzlocke and I just got super frustrated; my poor, poor Oshawott somehow wound up dying every single time before the first gym during level grinding, whether through bad luck or dumb mistakes. Larvi's done, folks.

However, I did have an idea whilst I was torturing myself: suppose someone took the Nuzlocke idea and made it into a full-blown fanfic sort of deal? Like, followed and narrated their Nuzlocke experience in fanfic form, I mean. It'd be pretty awesome, and someone sufficiently creative could come up with some nifty narrative justifications for the rules (Pokeball safety mechanisms broken, supplies too low to buy anything, etc). I dunno, I think it'd be hella dramatic.
Yeah, its not easy, as I've had to pass up truckloads of Pokemon I'd rather use, and found myself taking in quite a few Pokemon I wasn't too crazy about as ones I've had to rely upon. I've also ended up with a lot of fighting types out of coincidence.

The hardest part is training a Pokemon for hours, and then having some freak accident causing it to faint, especially when its a good one you really didn't want to lose.

Anyway...

Managed to catch a Joltik in Chargestone cave, and I named her Micarta. However, she was killed by a wild Zebstrika’s Pursuit attack on Route 7, essentially killing her the same way Stilletto died. I also caught a Foongus on Route 7, named her Kabar, and essentially just kept her as more of an HM slave (although not a good one at that). Again, like my Timburr and the Kerrablast, I don’t intend on using them unless things get pretty desperate.

Rapier, my Archeops, was killed by Ranger Mary’s Simipour on Route 7, and I was a bit bummed out about that since he was pretty good. He had nearly full health, and for some reason, that Scald attack really, really kicked his ass, even though Rapier was like at least 10 levels higher and I could have sworn he would have survived even a super effective attack like that. Ah well, he was great while he lasted. Rest in peace.

Besides that, caught Karambit the Alomomola on Route 17, and Cleaver the Boldore at Twist Mountain, which I traded to Manny for Minipete the Emolga. And finally, got Kershaw the Woobat at Mistralton Cave. Guess it’s a good sign that I’m gaining more Pokémon than losing them, even though I do have a few in storage that I don’t really intend on using at all unless things get pretty dire with the team I have right now.

• All Pokémon must be given nicknames.

Number of Gym Badges: 6

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 9

► Saber the Simipour (@ Dreamyard) [Lv. 44]
► Dirk the Stoutland (@ Route 3) [Lv. 47]
► Dagger the Sawk (@ Pinwheel Forest) [Lv. 43]
► Shiv the Scrafty (@ Route 4) [Lv. 43]
► Minipete the Emolga (@ Trade from NPC Manny) [Lv. 46]
► Kershaw the Woobat (@ Mistralton Cave) [Lv. 28]

✧ Cutlass the Timburr (@ Cold Storage) [Lv. 22]
✧ Claymore the Kerrablast (@ Route 6) [Lv. 22]
✧ Kabar the Foongus (@ Route 7) [Lv. 27]
✧ Karambit the Alomomola (@ Route 17) [Lv. 11]

Razor the Servine (Starter) (KIA from N's Darumaka Fire Punch at Nimbasa City)
Katana the Sandile (@ Desert Resort) (KIA from wild Dorumaka’s critical hit Headbutt attack on Route 4)
Scimitar the Ducklett (@ Driftveil Bridge) (KIA from wild Dorumaka’s Façade attack + Sandstorm damage on Route 4)
Micarta the Joltik (@ Chargestone Cave) (KIA from wild Zebstrika’s Pursuit attack on Route 7)
Rapier the Archeops (Plume Fossil) (KIA from Ranger Mary Simipour’s Scald attack on Route 7)

Old 03-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Altrius Offline

Debating about wether to try this or not. Im currently at the 6th gym, and ive got a solid team. However, I wouldn't mind being forced to try different pokemon.

How much more time consuming is it though? I do wish there was more than one save slot on these games :L
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Master Zorua Offline

While I'm not Nuzlocking for Black (playing through it and using Black as my new pokemon bank, I'll be Nuzlocking White when I get it), I'm going to first try Nuzlocking with Pearl first. The rules I'll be using are as follows:
  • Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released places in a Dead Box(s).
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
  • Once you enter a gym, you cannot leave until you beat it.
  • While you can own and catch legendaries, you cannot have them in your party unless using them to unlock Zorua/Zoroark (White only, though in Pearl leggies cannot be in party period.)
  • You cannot have any more than 5 Pokeballs on your person at any time unless you pick one up on the map.
  • You cannot buy Vitamins, but you can use any you find on the routes.
  • You cannot buy or use repels. You must either throw them out if you find any or sell them at a Pokemart.
  • White out - Game Over
Old 03-21-2011, 07:34 PM
IceKyurem Offline

I've been Nuzlocking Japanese White. So, all names will be the translated Japanese, since I can't be bothered remembering the English names.

Rules:
Battle Style= Set.
One Pokemon per route
Release all dead Pokemon
No legendaries.
Legends must be killed.
Nickname all Pokemon

Team right now:
Miruhoggu, Alvin.
Chaobuu, (some random Japanese characters)
Otamaro, DJ
Yanappu, Oakey
Herderier, Yappy.

Currently trying to beat Aloe.

Dead:
Mamepato, Wings
Koromori, Batty (I wish I knew those Machop copies could know Rock Type moves...)
Done @ 369

Am I the only person on PE2K who likes Inazuma Eleven?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrius View Post
Debating about wether to try this or not. Im currently at the 6th gym, and ive got a solid team. However, I wouldn't mind being forced to try different pokemon.

How much more time consuming is it though? I do wish there was more than one save slot on these games :L
It's a bit more time consuming, because you do extra grinding for that extra sense of security. You're also more hesitant to take on gyms, even though for me, I have yet to have a single Pokemon get killed in a gym, its mostly wild Pokemon that have just gotten "lucky" while I was trying to train them.

As a guide, I try to keep my Pokemon at least 5 levels above what they're fighting, though later on, I've increased this number to 10 levels above, and it seems to be working, though it isn't foolproof. You never know when an enemy Pokemon may get a critical hit, and even though you may try to prepare for it, it sometimes ends up being beyond your control.

Give it a shot though, its quite an interesting and unique way to play. Having to release some of my Pokemon has been a bit of a challenge, especially after an unfair freak accident, but it does set the stakes to be higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
While I'm not Nuzlocking for Black (playing through it and using Black as my new pokemon bank, I'll be Nuzlocking White when I get it), I'm going to first try Nuzlocking with Pearl first. The rules I'll be using are as follows:
  • Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released places in a Dead Box(s).
  • The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
  • Once you enter a gym, you cannot leave until you beat it.
  • While you can own and catch legendaries, you cannot have them in your party unless using them to unlock Zorua/Zoroark (White only, though in Pearl leggies cannot be in party period.)
  • You cannot have any more than 5 Pokeballs on your person at any time unless you pick one up on the map.
  • You cannot buy Vitamins, but you can use any you find on the routes.
  • You cannot buy or use repels. You must either throw them out if you find any or sell them at a Pokemart.
  • White out - Game Over
Looks like a solid setup, though I think the rule with repels is kind of overkill. Most of the Pokemon turned off by Repel are ones you could just hit "Run" on and you'd run away anyway. Using repels just bypasses that annoyance.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Yeah. I think I might change that to "Never run from fights" and keep repels as usable. Right now I'm tossing all of my keepables from Pearl to Diamond before data wiping and starting over.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Altrius Offline

Alrighty, so I restarted my game and im gonna play through by Nuzlocking :) I'll tell some nice stories of close calls and near misses along the way :)

So I started out and picked Oshawott and nicknamed him Twix (Im gonna go with chocolate bars made in the UK.) Caught a little Patrat on Route 1 I named Mars. Headed over to Route 2 and caught a Lilpup which I named Galaxy. Ive changed the core rule slightly so I dont catch more of the same pokemon.

Optional Rules in Use
  • Cannot catch more than one of the same pokemon, unless I do not have one in my party/computer. If it is a new route, continue until a new pokemon is caught or discovered.
  • Black out - Game over
  • Master Ball ban
  • Fainted pokemon must be put in the PC box and not used again.
  • Legendaries can be caught, but not used and only for pokedex entry purposes.

Current Gym Badges - 0

Roster
  • Twix the Oshawott (Lvl 10)
  • Mars the Patrat (Lvl 7)
  • Galaxy the Lilpup (Lvl 7)

Casualties - 0
Old 03-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Altrius Offline

Okay, bit of an interesting start so far. This is a serious challenge I tell you, cant take any chances.

So after I caught Galaxy the Lilpup, we headed ontowards Striaton City, where Mars met a rather brutal end at the hands of N's lucky crits. Oh well, he was a pretty useless pokemon anyways.

I grabbed a Simisear from the dude and named him Twirl, and with a few more levels Twirl, Twix and Galaxy took on the gym. One of the trainers nearly K.O'ed Galaxy with a lucky crit but he lived to fight another day. The gym leader wasnt all that hard. Twix took out the Lilpup with ease and Twirl burnt the Simisage to a crisp. Easy cash.

Back to the dreamyard I caught a Purrlion named Milkyway. Nothing interesting happened until route 3 where Milkyway died to one of the youngsters there. She wasn't too good though, so I wasn't that worried. I leveled up on a few Audinos after accidently K.O'ing a Blitzle (Damn, I really want that guy) and Galaxy evolved into a Herdier, aong with Twix evolving into a Dewott.

Twirls falling behind a little, and i dont have high hopes for this little monkey. Hes not very powerful and is squishy. Can see him dying sometime soon. Anyways, onto Wellspring cave!

Optional Rules in Use
  • Cannot catch more than one of the same pokemon, unless I do not have one in my party/computer. If it is a new route, continue until a new pokemon is caught or discovered.
  • Black out - Game over
  • Master Ball ban
  • Fainted pokemon must be put in the PC box and not used again.
  • Legendaries can be caught, but not used and only for pokedex entry purposes.

Current Gym Badges - 1

Roster
  • Twix the Dewott (Lvl 17)
  • Galaxy the Herdier (Lvl 17)
  • Twirl the Simisear (Lvl 12)

Casualties - 2
  • Mars the Patrat (lvl 9) - Killed by N's Purrlion
  • Milkyway the Purrlion (Lvl 10) - Killed by a Youngsters Simipour