Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

Red face Re: Official B/W Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

I hope this isn't spamming.. I apologize profusely if it is. I'm commenting on this thread in case anyone wanted to PM me and ask me if I DO or WOULD NUZLOCK my game.

The answer is NO. I can't. I get a little attached to my Pokemon, both those I catch and box, as well as those I put into a team. I DO nick name all my Pokemon, but I don't share my nick names cuz they convey my personal affection for them and I don't want anyone using them. I'm a little greedy, selfish, and paranoid that way (lol).

I use one team through out the game. I use items and Pokemarts regularly. Any Pokemon caught and boxed are raised to the level at which they stop learning moves. They are given what ever move sets are avialable in their skills list and whatever TMs / HMs. They will remain unaltered after that, unless I'm creating teams for competitive play with friends.

The concept of Nuzlocking is interesting, but I just can't do that throughout the entire game.
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Etymology Offline
~VRAAHBRBRBR!~

Send a message via AIM to Etymology
Default Re: Official B/W Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

I'm contemplating Nuzlocking my Japanese White again, but I need to find a DS Lite first. >> I'll get back to you on that.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Black Dragonite Offline

Send a message via AIM to Black Dragonite Send a message via MSN to Black Dragonite

Striaton City (continued):
Battled Cheren at the Trainers School. Great opportunity to give Aquapa a first shot and he didn't disappoint, taking out Tepig and Purrloin with no problems.

Decided I needed to go grind my guys up a few levels before taking on the gym, so I did that for a bit... got all my Pokemon up to about level 13, with no casualties... but wow seriously, I wish I had access to Audino right now. Leveling up is so much work without those guys ;_;

Off to the Gym. I opened up with Forratt against Chili's Lillipup. I got lucky and critical'd it with Vine Whip, but he struck back and critical'd me with Bite... then Chili used a Potion. Ugh. I was forced to withdraw Forratt who was down to 2 HP to keep him from fainting, so out went Hund. Tackle, done. Next up, Pansear. I elected not to switch, so I kept using Tackle against Pansear's Incinerate. Hund went down to 6 HP... and I guess I didn't have the Speed advantage, so I was forced to switch again, this time to Aquapa. Water Gun. Game, set, match. Success! My first badge in my Nuzlocke challenge, and no casualties yet.

It sucks that I can't go out and catch an HM slave... Gotta waste a move slot on Forratt for Cut. Oh well.

Dreamyard:
Plasma goons! Easy pickings though. I led with Forratt, who Vine Whip'd the first Patrat and then Purrloin after that.

First Pokemon encounter: Patrat... meh, lame. I was hoping for a Munna. Oh well. I caught the Patrat and nicknamed it Scouter

Route 3:
I thought this might be a good time to get Scouter caught up on some levels (I caught him at level 9). The double battles helped, and Scouter got up to level 12. I've got quite the team now for this point in the game. But... I forgot that Cheren challenges you here. So off we go into another battle.

Sad. Scouter went out against Tepig and wasn't at full HP (just battled a bunch of other trainers and I'm out of Potions)... So he was really no match for Tepig. Aquapa avenged his fallen ally though.

(To be continued)

-------------------------
Active Optional Rules (Besides Core Rules):
All Pokemon must be given nicknames.
Items (non-held) may only be used outside of battle.
Fainted Pokemon will be placed in a "dead zone" box.
Banning the use of Master Balls.
Anti-Legendary Clause (they can be caught, but not used. They don't count towards a route's capture. If they are killed, too bad.)

Active Team:
Forratt the Snivy Lv. 13 (Starter)
Hund the Lillipup Lv. 14 (Route 1)
Aquapa the Panpour Lv. 14 (Dreamyard)

Dead Zone Pokemon:
Scouter the Patrat Lv. 11 (Dreamyard, KO'd by Cheren's Tepig on Route 3)

Scyther
Hatch: 25
Scizor: 130
Level 100: 310
Old 05-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Black Dragonite Offline

Send a message via AIM to Black Dragonite Send a message via MSN to Black Dragonite

Wellspring Cave:
More Plasma guys. No real issue, I thought... boy was I wrong. Patrat used Bide and I thought I could knock him out before the second turn was up, so I spammed Vine Whip. Got Patrat down to low yellow HP before bam, Forratt is done. Cry. Hund finished the job, but ugh, my starter =(

Next Plasma battle, but this time I have Cheren's help. I send out Hund, he sends out Tepig. I spam Tackle, and he spams Ember. Both enemy Patrats go down.

First Pokemon encounter: Roggenrola! Not too bad, could help make up for the loss of Scouter and Forratt. I managed to catch it (it was close... he almost knocked out Hund in the process) and nicknamed him Rulle

Back out on Route 3, I battled some trainers, hoping to get Rulle caught up in levels. I was interested (not so much...) to learn that Blitzle's Shock Wave can apparently hit Rock types... lame. I was forced to do a lot of switching on the first turn in battles to get Rulle some experience.

First Pokemon encounter: this actually took quite a while, but the first thing I run into is another Patrat. How lame. A female one, but Hund knocked it out. What an overachiever.

Nacrene City:
Healing feels good. Headed over to the gym, but stopped by N. Cue battle.

Rulle is around level 12 at this point, so he goes out first against N's Pidove. Headbutt is great, but I would prefer Rock Throw...no problem though, Pidove goes down eventually. Tympole comes out, I withdraw Rulle for Hund. Take Down and Bite sealed the deal there. Hund gets up to level 16, which means evolution time! Finally N sends out Timburr, so I withdraw Hund for Aquapa. Used Water Gun a few times, battle over.

Before I go to the gym though, I'm gonna head over to Pinwheel Forest and do some leveling up.

Pinwheel Forest (Outer):
First Pokemon encounter: Pidove. It's nice to know there's more than just Patrats and Lillipups in this world. Anyways, I send out Rulle to weaken it, then throw a ball. Capture successful, and I nicknamed it Duva.

Duva was doing great until I went up against a Battle Girl's Timburr who critical'd it with Rock Throw. Another one added to the Dead Zone.

And it didn't end there. Went up against ANOTHER Timburr, who knocked out my Aquapa. Pain in the ass, honestly. Enough with the critical hits.

Time to take a break from training lol, will post another update later.

Anti-Legendary Clause (they can be caught, but not used. They don't count towards a route's capture. If they are killed, too bad.)

Active Team:
Hund the Herdier Lv. 16 (Route 1)
Rulle the Roggenrola Lv. 14 (Wellspring Cave)

Dead Zone Pokemon:
Forratt the Snivy Lv. 13 (Starter, KO'd by Plasma's Patrat in Wellspring Cave)
Duva the Pidove Lv. 14 (Pinwheel Forest, KO'd by Battle Girl's Timburr in Pinwheel Forest)
Aquapa the Panpour Lv. 15 (Dreamyard, KO'd by Blackbelt's Timburr in Pinwheel Forest)

Scyther
Old 05-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Black Dragonite Offline

Been a while since I updated, but I've been grinding my levels something fierce... Now that I'm down to two monsters, I can't really be taking any chances.

So I'm ready to go to the gym with Rulle and Hund leveled up into their 20s.

Lenora send out Herdier first, and I send out Rulle. I forgot about Herdier's Intimidate though... lame. Herdier missed the first two times it tried to use Take Down, allowing me to get in two Rock Smashes. Lenora used a Super Potion, but Rock Smash combined with Take Down recoil resulted in a win for Rulle. Next up was Watchog. I elect not to switch. Watchog's Crunch is harsh... two of those and Rulle fainted. Sigh. In goes Hund. Watchog uses Hypnosis, then Retaliate.

Black out. Game over.

Oh well. I'll give 'er another shot I think.

Active Team:
Hund the Herdier Lv. 16 (Route 1)
Rulle the Roggenrola Lv. 14 (Wellspring Cave)

Dead Zone Pokemon:
Forratt the Snivy Lv. 13 (Starter, KO'd by Plasma's Patrat in Wellspring Cave)
Duva the Pidove Lv. 14 (Pinwheel Forest, KO'd by Battle Girl's Timburr in Pinwheel Forest)
Aquapa the Panpour Lv. 15 (Dreamyard, KO'd by Blackbelt's Timburr in Pinwheel Forest)

Scyther
Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Black Dragonite Offline

Alright, I'm going to try this again. Nuzlocke was fun the first time around, I think I just got some bad luck. Also, I hope I don't get in trouble for posting so many times in a row... I'll be using the same rules as last time, so I'm giving myself an equal chance at doing well this time lol.

So of course, since I refuse to choose my own starter, I'll be leaving it up to chance. Last time I rolled a six-sided die, whereas this time I'll be flipping a coin. Snivy (heads) and Tepig (tails) will be the first flip, and then I'll flip to see if Oshawott will be included. If yes (heads), Snivy/Tepig will go up against Oshawott. If no (tails), Snivy/Tepig will be my starter.

First flip: tails - Tepig
Second flip: heads - yes
Third flip (Tepig (heads) vs Oshawott (tails)): heads

Tepig will be my starter! Last time I did this, I nicknamed my Pokemon the Swedish interpretations of their species (Lillipup was Hund, Swedish for dog; Snivy was Forratt, Swedish for starter). This time, I'll translate them to Finnish. So Tepig will be Sika (Finnish for pig).

Sika had no problem with Bianca's Snivy or Cheren's Oshawott, and grew to level 6 in no time.

I made my way onto Route 1, where Juniper gave me some Pokeballs. Sweet, time to make my first capture (hopefully). The first monster I run into is a Lillipup (of course) and I make the catch, nicknaming it Koira (Finnish for dog).

Cranked Sika and Koira up to level 7 for my battle against N. It was worth it, as Koira beat Purrloin easily.

Advanced forward to Route 2 and found a Patrat, but Koira critical'd it with Tackle ;_; no capture for me. Gained some more levels on Sika and Koira, then took on Bianca. Sika Ember'd till the sun went down, easy wins.

I got to Striaton City, and healed, then decide to head over to the Dreamyard. A few battles later, and both my mons are up to level 11. I obtained Pansage from the trainer at the end of the yard and nicknamed it Ruoho (Finnish for grass).

Upon speaking to the man in front of the gym, I learned that the gym leader was at the trainer's school. When I went to find them, I instead found Cheren, who challenged me to a battle.

Ruoho's first test as a member of the team went well. Vine Whip was supper effective against Cheren's Oshawott, and I got Koira to knock out Purrloin. Cheren then gave me some berries to use. How kind. Also, there was a boy who asked me some questions about status conditions, and gave me a Full Heal.

I healed, then headed back over the gym. A man inside gave me a bottle of water, and I got set to face some of the gym trainers. Ruoho needed some help against the first Lillipup, so Sika stepped in. But Patrat was easy pickings for Ruoho, and I had Koira beat Purrloin.

With that, my monsters are around level 12. Still not high enough to take on the gym though. So I'll post this update for now and then do another one later.

Active Team:
Sika the Tepig Lv. 12 (Starter)
Koira the Lillipup Lv. 12 (Route 1)
Ruoho the Pansage Lv. 11 (Dreamyard)

Dead Zone Pokemon:
N/A

Scyther
Old 05-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Black Dragonite Offline

Big update. When I can play my DS at work, I get a lot of Pokemon done and not really any work...

I headed to Striaton Gym. It was an easy fight. Koira took care of Cress' Lillipup, and Ruoho made easy work of Panpour. Game, set, match.

Upon leaving the gym, I met up with Fennel, who asked me to go to the Dreamyard and find some Dream Mist. So I went there, and met up with Bianca. We were stopped by some Team Plasma guys though. That's okay, just means more training opportunities. Koira shut both of them down. Once they left, I managed to catch another Pokemon - a Purrloin, which I named Kissa (Finnish for cat). I picked up various items on the ground, and then left for Route 3.

Lots of battles along Route 3, but the biggest one was against Cheren. But Ruoho took care of his Oshawott, and I let Kissa go head to head with his Purrloin, and came out the winner. Upon winning, we saw Bianca and a little girl come running toward us, and they explained that Team Plasma had stolen the little girl's Pokemon! So Cheren and I headed over to Wellspring Cave and challenged the Team Plasma guys. Kissa wa strong enough by this point to fight for herself, and when teamed up with Oshawott, it wasn't much of a challenge at all. Once they were gone, I picked up TM46 Thief, giving Kissa her first Dark-type attack. I also captured a Roggenrola (nicknamed it Kivi, Finnish for stone).

Back out on Route 3, I caught a Pidove (nicknamed it Lintu, Finiish for bird)... but when I went back into Wellspring Cave to train, it got knocked out by a Roggenrola. Sad. I battled some more trainers and came to Nacrene City.

I immediately went over to Pinwheel Forest and caught myself a Tympole (nicknamed it Rupikonna, Finnish for toad). Then I did A TON of grinding to get my levels up, except I lost Sika in the process when he was KO'd by a Timburr.

So currently I'm training up to face the Nacrene Gym, and that will likely be my next update.

Active Team:
Koira the Lillipup Lv. 15 (Route 1)
Ruoho the Pansage Lv. 15 (Dreamyard gift)
Kissa the Purrloin Lv. 14 (Dreamyard capture)
Kivi the Roggenrola Lv. 15 (Wellspring Cave
Rupikonna the Tympole Lv. 16 (Pinwheel Forest)

Dead Zone Pokemon:
Lintu the Pidove Lv. 10 (Route 3; KO'd by wild Roggenrola in Wellspring Cave)
Sika the Tepig Lv. 15 (Starter; KO'd by Black Belt's Timburr in Pinwheel Forest)

Scyther
Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Eternal Moonlight Offline
The Luna Diviner

Send a message via AIM to Eternal Moonlight

@Black Dragonite: Love the Finnish name theme ^^

I'm thinking of doing a Nuzlocke run on my brother's White, since he said I could "have" it for a while. Sounds pretty interesting!

*Mew, Meow, Nya*

{Activity will likely be off} {Paired with Sam }
Old 05-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Quiet Camerupt Offline

I'll probably end up doing this too, since I've completed a Sapphire run and in the middle of a Leafgreen run. In both of those I never went for a theme though, I think I might try that when I get to it.

My Completed Leafgreen Nuzlocke Run:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...67#post3292767
Old 05-21-2011, 11:06 PM
jhunter123 Offline
New Trainer

Already started a leafgreen run so thought I would record it here.
Optional rules
Anti-Legendary
Must Nickname all pokemon
First encounter on route 1 doesn't count until you get pokeballs.
Must encounter all legendaries
No master balls

So to catch you up I started with Charmander which I uncreativly named Flamer(I actually died to Red first time around). As a result my rival (Red) chose squirtle. bleh. anyways as I was making my way to the town of Viridian I stumbled across the first pokemon of my journey, a pidgey. as I have stated above but will not again as that would be kinda redundant, I did not count it as my route 1 catch. afterwards was the usual, get parcel, deliver parcel, become oak's pokedex monkey. now for it to actually start! Ok so I was walking around when all of a sudden... Arceus! I mean pidgey! So I catch the pidgey who I name Flem just cause. afterwards I level grind them up to 11 and 10, go to route something and capture a ratatta. Who I named walter. as in Jeff dunham walter. Oh Yeah. Think I'm gonna go with naming stuff after puppets. so I lvl grind Walter up to 9 and slaughter Red. go to viridian forest and catch a caterpie named Claire (didnt have puppet naming theme yet). Clarie dies from a critical hit pidgey. short life of 2 minutes. so I go through Viridian forest. and exit. on route 2 I encounter another pidgey who I box as a back up in case of knock out. after lvl grinding Flamer FOREVER he evolves and I promptly slautgher brock by spaming metal claw. so I then continue on to route three, kill some youngsters (stupid ekans almost killed Flem!) and continue to the only patch of grass on route three. HOLY CRAP a Nidoran female!!! HOLY CRAP a critical hit knock out!!! that sucks. so I am now in the conviently place poke-center next to Mt. Moon ready to catch a zubat. The endish.

Current Team:
Flamer the Charmeleon lvl 17(Starter)
Flem the Pidgey lvl 16 (route 1)
Walter the Ratatta lvl 14 (Route near indigo platuea)

Current box
Xion the Pidgey lvl 3 (route 2)

Current dead
Claire the Caterpie (Viridian Forest) (died route 1)

Last edited by jhunter123; 05-21-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: forgot Team
Old 05-27-2011, 07:34 AM
kiddoman Offline
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to kiddoman

I have checked this! Hmm, pretty interesting and nice! I do like the fighting mode and withstanding patttern!
Nice work! Player can enjoy the abundant fun from it! Nice nice nice one!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddoman View Post
I have checked this! Hmm, pretty interesting and nice! I do like the fighting mode and withstanding patttern!
Nice work! Player can enjoy the abundant fun from it! Nice nice nice one!
im on to you .. you're fake and post irrelevant stuff in threads only to draw attention to your sig

Pokérus Empire
Old 06-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr420 View Post
im on to you .. you're fake and post irrelevant stuff in threads only to draw attention to your sig
Yeah I was onto that and took it out.

I'm thinking about doing another no-pokemon center/free healing rest spot run again.
Closed Thread