Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 11:30 AM
War Offline
Experienced Trainer

Lightbulb Rate My Pokemon! (Tentacruel)

Whats up?! I just finished my Tentacruel and I was hoping I could get some of you to rate it. Here are all the stats:

Pokemon: Tentacruel
Nature: Calm
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Held Item: Black Sludge

Stats:
HP: 350
Atk: 140
Def: 191
SpA: 165
SpD: 315
Spe: 205

Moveset:
- Barrier
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump

Please rate this Pokemon. I'm still learning how to build strong Pokemon so I welcome any opinions/suggestions on how I can improve this particular one. Thanks! Oh and I have the EVs given, but not with me here at this very moment.

BANNER BY: Neo Pikachu

HeartGold Friend Code: 0045 5344 8049
Black Friend Code: 1721 2685 7138
Old 05-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Syas Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Syas Send a message via Yahoo to Syas
Default Re: Rate My Pokemon! (Tentacruel)

Should be posted here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...splay.php?f=76

But in the meantime:

It looks like his SpA IV is 0, I would probably breed another as it can only go up. EV Spread would help a lot to telling what the other IVs are, but they all look pretty low.

I prefer Surf to Hydro Pump, but that is just a matter of personal choice.

In general, I am a little lost as to what you are trying to do here, if you want Tentacruel to be a Special Sweeper I would drop Barrier and definitely rebreed/retrain. If you are looking to make him a Spiker, I would get Rapid Spin in there over Barrier. If he is going to be a Wall, I would take Toxic over Sludge Wave.

BW Friend Code: 1420 7304 0029
Old 05-23-2011, 09:56 PM
War Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syas View Post
Should be posted here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...splay.php?f=76

But in the meantime:

It looks like his SpA IV is 0, I would probably breed another as it can only go up. EV Spread would help a lot to telling what the other IVs are, but they all look pretty low.

I prefer Surf to Hydro Pump, but that is just a matter of personal choice.

In general, I am a little lost as to what you are trying to do here, if you want Tentacruel to be a Special Sweeper I would drop Barrier and definitely rebreed/retrain. If you are looking to make him a Spiker, I would get Rapid Spin in there over Barrier. If he is going to be a Wall, I would take Toxic over Sludge Wave.

Thanks! I greatly appreciate your opinions on my Tentacruel.

I have only one problem....I HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE IV THING DOWN! LOL.....Its a shame hahaha i have to work on that or I will never get the most out of my PKMN

BANNER BY: Neo Pikachu

HeartGold Friend Code: 0045 5344 8049
Black Friend Code: 1721 2685 7138
Old 05-27-2011, 08:30 AM
kiddoman Offline
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to kiddoman

I do gain the same views as you! Everyone loves what he likes, and the stable feeling won't change!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:14 PM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by War View Post
Whats up?! I just finished my Tentacruel and I was hoping I could get some of you to rate it. Here are all the stats:

Pokemon: Tentacruel
Nature: Calm
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Held Item: Black Sludge

Stats:
HP: 350
Atk: 140
Def: 191
SpA: 165
SpD: 315
Spe: 205

Moveset:
- Barrier
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Hydro Pump

Please rate this Pokemon. I'm still learning how to build strong Pokemon so I welcome any opinions/suggestions on how I can improve this particular one. Thanks! Oh and I have the EVs given, but not with me here at this very moment.
I think you did a good job in making it a special wall. With the right use, it can counter many pokemon. However it speed is really, really poor (asuming these are the lvl 100 stats). Tentacrual has a base 100 speed stat, which can be max 299 if using a calm nature (with 252 ev's in speed and 31 iv). Speed is needed to set up a barrier before Earthquake comes along.

Sludge Wave isn't the best option in my opinion. Being a Poison move, it has low coverage and won't likely make lots of 1HKO's. Therefore, I recommend Sludge Bomb since it has 30% chance to inflict poison (and only 5 less power). The choice between Hydro Pump and Surf is really personal, but Hydro Pump has very low PP and 80% accuraccy is a downer for me. Once you get some barriers up, Tentacruel may be in for a long time and even 8 PP may not be enough.

I'm not really sure what your intentions are with this Tentacruel: do you want it to be a wall with main purpose of laying Toxic Spikes or do you also want to have some speed and be able to sweep? I'd suggest something like this, bulky with a little speed investment:

Toxic Spikes Tenta
Bold nature (-att+def) or Timid (-att+speed) @Black Sludge
252 HP, 152 SP DEF, 104 SPEED
Barrier
Toxic Spikes
Surf / Hydro Pump
Sludge Bomb / Ice Beam

I believe this should let you get 262 speed which is pretty good. It's a great opening when you opponent starts out with something like Infernape (since it resists fire AND fighting). Just run as fast as you can when you encounter any Garchomp, hehe. Also, watch out for fast Psychic pokemon and Empoleon, who walls your pokemon entirely. Hope this helps!! Feel free to ask.

Draking

Old 06-01-2011, 01:14 PM
seobuzz Offline
New Trainer

I can easily give you 8 our of 10.

חתונה
Looking for the perfect wedding? Buodinge Bock you can find every detail to match the wedding of your dreams!
Closed Thread