Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang
Default Re: Has anything annoyed you yet?

I've had a few triple battles, but I declined the Rotation Battle (I think in White Forrest?).
It annoys me how pixelated my monsters are in battle AND that they don't all fit on the screen in Triple Battles.

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Old 03-12-2011, 06:46 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
The amount of trash cans around with nothing in them. xD
OH MY GOD YES.

Also, if you heave the Battle screen open long enough with otr doing anything, the screen starts moving. I mean, yeah - it draws my attention, but wtf!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:54 AM
RocketMeowth Offline
Spazztacular

Send a message via AIM to RocketMeowth Send a message via MSN to RocketMeowth

I have no gripes with this game. I love it!

I love how hard it is, I love the no past Pokemon, I love the battles, the music is fantastic, I LOVE IT ALL!

='D Love love love!

=^^= Nya
Old 03-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!

First off, I love the music, especially the low HP music.

One thing that annoys me, is how one of the main features of the game is Triple Battles, and I've yet to have one, and I just beat the fourth gym.

Another thing that annoys me is the encounter rate.

Also, (I'm not sure if it was like it in older games) when you go into your bag and use an item during a battle, when it's your next turn, it stays on the bag, it'd be a whole lot better if it goes back to battle automatically.

But laughing at Plasma's crappy outfits makes up for it all. (:
Old 03-12-2011, 06:41 PM
shadowinfernape Offline
Experienced Trainer

Finding audino each time in rustling grass!

and more.

check it out if you can!

To shadowinfernape's fiery sprite shop
Old 03-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowinfernape View Post
Finding audino each time in rustling grass!
They do push a handful of pokemon into just about everything. I was hoping that it would vary a bit more...

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 03-12-2011, 08:41 PM
The Elite Ygseto Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via MSN to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via Yahoo to The Elite Ygseto

So far I've loved the game, but have one problem, which is kind of specific. I was fighting Ghetis, and we were both down to our last pokes. My Druddrigon vs his Buffalount. I hit him with a dragon claw and knock him down to around one HPish, he hits me with head charge. I die, and the recoil kills his guy. I still lost the match (during that first time fighting him took me about 20 min, stupid hydrigon.) and was pissed.

That is the only time I think I've been annoyed with the game so far. I actually love it very much, and it's by far my favorite of the series now. I've beaten the E4 and the others and am currently finding the sages while leveling up my team/filling up my dex.

My Trading Shop
White Friend Code: 0819-3051-3379
White Pokedex Obtained: 151(U)/442(N)

Pokemon I've Recently Breed, PM for trades
- Zorua w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Naive
- Deino w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Modest
- Panpour w/ Nasty Plot, Random Natures
Old 03-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

Encounter rate's obnoxiously high, as is the chance to hit yourself when confused; building interiors take time to load, especially the Pokemon Centers; the bag feels disorganized and clunky; and I am sick and tired of seeing those monkeys everywhere.

On the bright side, I have an electric zebra and an ancient Egyptian windchime in my party.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
...and I am sick and tired of seeing those monkeys everywhere.
This, good god, this. It feels like everyone and their mother has at least one of them.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Disco Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Bit View Post
First off, I love the music, especially the low HP music.
Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Beep-beep.

Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Beep-beep.

Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Beep-beep. Brbrbrbrbrbrbr-beep-beep.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

I love a lot of things about it, but yeah, some things have annoyed me.

I'm confused that they changed the fact that you don't have poison effects outside of battle, and that TMs are reusable. I get that this is handy, but shouldn't they have introduced those things earlier? Also, it seems a bit obnixious that they renamed all the routes back to 1, 2, 3...etc, because, although this might sound a bit farfetch'd, it's like they're trying to recreate pokemon and make it all new and whatever. I think some of the music isn't very pokemon-like, but I do like some of it. Only, they aren't very distinct tunes. I don't like that your pokemon don't follow you around! I thought it might be a frequent thing as of HG and SS, but apparently not... I agree with Larvi about the confusion thing, and the disorganisation of the bag. However, I do like the fact that you can set multiple things on for X, and that there's an 'x' option in the menu and then a 'return' arrow thing, so you can decide if you wanna get out of it all at once or one thing at a time.

I hate the fact that in double battles, you can click on an empty space when you're attacking...so it's like you're attacking nothing. I accidentally did that and it cost me a match. Dx The training factor is also different. It seems much more tedious and difficult to train, since the levels of wild pokemon are higher but the exp. seems lower. I also have problems with the pokemon themselves - mainly some of their names - and I hate the fact that three Legendaries are males only, but there aren't any females. Even the girly musical one is genderless, which makes no sense and annoys me. X_x

ALSO. WHAT REALLY ANNOYED ME WAS THAT THERE ARE ONLY 8 BOXES. WHAT IS THIS. I have always organised my pokemon by types, and in a lot of boxes I combine more than one element to save space. Then for the remaining boxes, I have things like an unown box (in previous games), a 'baby pokemon' box, a Legendaries box, a favourites box, a trading box, etc. But in this, there are only 8 boxes, which means I have to have two elements for all of the boxes except one, which needs three elements. Then that leaves no space for a Legendaries box or a favourites box. UNHAPPY.

I could come up with more trivial things, but I'll leave it at that. I also had a dream that they introduced the light type, which also annoyed me. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:42 AM
The Elite Ygseto Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via MSN to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via Yahoo to The Elite Ygseto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

ALSO. WHAT REALLY ANNOYED ME WAS THAT THERE ARE ONLY 8 BOXES. WHAT IS THIS. I have always organised my pokemon by types, and in a lot of boxes I combine more than one element to save space. Then for the remaining boxes, I have things like an unown box (in previous games), a 'baby pokemon' box, a Legendaries box, a favourites box, a trading box, etc. But in this, there are only 8 boxes, which means I have to have two elements for all of the boxes except one, which needs three elements. Then that leaves no space for a Legendaries box or a favourites box. UNHAPPY.

I could come up with more trivial things, but I'll leave it at that. I also had a dream that they introduced the light type, which also annoyed me. xD

~GS.
You can actually get 24 boxes, which is great. You just need to put a pokemon in each box, then back out of the system. When you load it again you'll have 16 boxes, then repeat. Then back out and load it again and you will have 24 boxes. :)

My Trading Shop
White Friend Code: 0819-3051-3379
White Pokedex Obtained: 151(U)/442(N)

Pokemon I've Recently Breed, PM for trades
- Zorua w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Naive
- Deino w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Modest
- Panpour w/ Nasty Plot, Random Natures
Old 03-13-2011, 05:05 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

The ants in Victory Road. My team was half Dark types, all with no fire attacks, and I needed to grind ten levels before going into the Elite 4. And thanks to the weighted experience system, there was no way to grind anywhere else. Oh, and I'm a Nuzlocker, so if any of my Pokemon faint they're gone and I never get to use them again. It. Was. Torture.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Having to walk over that bridge all the time. xD

Entralink is local wireless only. These days NOTHING should be local wireless only.

Not being able to scale Pokemon levels up in WiFi battles.

I agree on some of the Pokemon names. I've just been nicknaming practically everything haha. Throh and Sawk... ugh! Mispelling a word doesn't make it a Pokemon name... plus they still sound like the actual words...

And the bag as well. They could at least have given us a separate section for Pokeballs. And I still miss the item PC.

Darn I was doing so well up until now haha.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

So what I'm getting from this thread is the following:
  • The music is pretty bad
  • Some of the Pokémon designs and names are not up to parr
  • Levelling has been made a lot more difficult
  • The Encounter Rate is stupidly high
  • The bag is unorganised
  • The main battle gimmicks for the series are few and far between
And
DUN DUNN DUNNNNNNNNNNN
  • The Pokémon doesn't follow you.

So why do we all seem to like it so much?
That's a lot of key issues there that should make these two releases unworthy of taking a place amongst the games we love.
But I am still really enjoying it.

Here is how I deal with the issues:
  • Play with the sound off (I always have).
  • Use only the Pokémon I like rather than stat monsters.
  • Complete the game with minimal effort, access the Crag where Ditto's appear (forgot the name) and kill the 52-56 Audinos.
  • Carry Repels (Yay! We finally have something to spend our Pokédollars on).
  • I use my stylus for the bag, which actually makes it more bearable.
  • Not big on battling although I went out of my way on these versions to battle every trainer on the routes.

The only one I don't have a work around for is that the monster doesn't follow you... I miss that too...

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Closed Thread