Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 12:13 PM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Has anything annoyed you yet?

I am still a bit annoyed by the menus... I have to press A LOT more buttons than in the previous games. Also, I still don't understand why pokeballs, held items and sell-only items are all stored in the same part of your bag.

Annoying, yes.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:45 AM
death_metal_lawn_gnome Offline

Send a message via MSN to death_metal_lawn_gnome

the bike!!! so hard to just move one space ahead, i liked having a two speed bike in diamond pearl.

black city/white forest...need i say more

the encounter rate is way too high, i dread revisiting areas ive already been to, its like encounter spam
Old 04-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion
Cool Re: Has anything annoyed you yet?

The Heart Scale System!!

Grrr... I always hated having to rise happiness with my pokemon, I am a battler and that is that.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Machampion Send a message via Yahoo to Machampion Send a message via Skype™ to Machampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKING View Post
I am still a bit annoyed by the menus... I have to press A LOT more buttons than in the previous games.
Mark everything in your bags that you can and then press "Y" when you need them.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:32 PM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamehamehaha View Post
The Heart Scale System!!

Ehm sorry I don't understand A WORD you say. I say the new Heart Scale system is a #@$#$% blessing. IMO, it's so F#CKING NICE heart scales are now so easy to obtain... Now you have all the freedom to keep finetuning the moveset of your Pokemon. This was all different in HGSS where you had to rock smash for ages or wait for a Luvdisc outbreak.

Oh Kamehamehaha thanks your advice, I'm using it :) It helps indeed!

Old 04-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Fushigidane Offline

Send a message via AIM to Fushigidane Send a message via Skype™ to Fushigidane

Herdier's and their Take Down attack...

Karrablast & Shelmet
Hatched at 2139
Evolves into Escavalier & Accelgor at 2279
Level 100 at 2524

Viridian Forest Forums - A Pokemon forum
Old 04-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Slasher View Post
Herdier's and their Take Down attack...
This, along with Patrat with their Bide and Lenora's Watchog with Retaliate.

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Old 04-27-2011, 07:06 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

I don't care if I restate any things already stated.

-The names are a bit worse than the Japanese ones, I was getting used to Issue and now I get used to Unova. You know how odd that sounds? You know, va? (You know, yah?) It sounds semi Vikingish.

-Omigod did a Herdeir just kill my Surperior? Normal types have Surperior powers now. (Yes, terrible pun) and many times I have had to use Hyper Potions when facing them. Do you know how many times I had to start over when facing the Nacrne gym Leader? I only won due to my Pokemon being much too powerful for even the Castalia gym leader.

-I can't even turn around in the grass without having a Wild Pokemon encounter. Just to get to a shaking bit of grass, bubbling water, or a dust cloud, I need to use a Max repel. I've run out of them 15 times in a stinking day.

-They forgot to add the Wifi Funhouse TT^TT I have to save my game and put my Hartgold game in just to play there and go on the parade.

-I dont want to watch my Pokemon's graphic back side, heck no O o.

-Many more, but I don't have the time to rant.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

Aside from just about everything, (though I'm way biased against the new games) I HATE Tornadus. I have been hoping for a really cool pure flying type for a while now. (I would have really liked to see something like a Roc) but in general, just something cool and preferably bird like. And I get a really freaking stupid genie. When I realized his type, I died inside.

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:48 AM
KKranberry Offline

I'm actually surprised by how much I love the new games. I thought I would hate Pokemon White, but I'm having so much fun playing it. But there are a few annoyances.

-high encounter rate. Never before have I bought more than five repels from a PokeMart. I bought thirty Max Repels. I can't deal with this encounter rate, particularly in the tall grass on Route 7 where I am currently training up my newly evolved Eelektrik and Lampent.

-pixellated battle sprites. I actually really enjoy the animation, but the pixellation could have been so easily fixed. The DS has the capacity for that.

-the bag. finding everything is a chore, particularly while rifling through held items.

-my Pokemon don't follow me around anymore :( that was one of my favorite things in my SoulSilver. My Lapras looked adorable waddling along behind me. It made the Pokemon feel more like traveling companions. I felt closer to my team.

-the map. I like a linear storyline and all (I hated the overwhelming WHICH DO I DO NOW? feeling that R/B/Y gave me, Yellow in particular due to the giant level jump for gym leaders), but they could have at least made the map original. Traveling in a circle? really? They could have at least made the route lines shaped like they actually are and have placed the caves and towers accordingly. It's so difficult to read.

-My number one annoyance: the overwhelming number of Pokemon that are designed for postgame and the RIDICULOUS number of crucial moves that can't be obtained for a lot of Pokemon until VERY late in the game. To be able to have a Krookodile with Earthquake against the E4 without having to grind for a million years or so, I have to wait to evolve her, which I hate doing. She's got six more levels to go before I can evolve her, and I'm worried she's going to start failing against the increasing number of fully evolved opponents. I'll be evolving my Eelektrik a level before my planned E4 level (I'm planning on Lv. 50) and my Mienfoo right before I take them on. It's so frustrating to have so many Pokemon that are amazing but just aren't available soon enough.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Machampion Offline
Banned

[QUOTE=Tokyokit;3287507]
-I dont want to watch my Pokemon's graphic back side, heck no O o.QUOTE]

Uhm, This has been for all pokemon games not just Unova region based games...
Old 05-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Disarmonia Offline
New Trainer

I agree with a lot of what people mentioned here,
I never used so many repels, potions in my life! and just to enter a building it takes ughh >.>
+ the strange cut when u enter that fun garden in Nimbasa city to go to the gym? it's unnecessary!
+ awesome graphics wasted on that badges road, they could've improved different stuff than putting alot of work on a road u'll walk once only in a game time =/
+ the moving pixels are awesome but their quality sucks! they get I don't know, pixely o.o"

good thread!

Old 05-05-2011, 02:42 AM
Shucklulz Offline

My only gripe with Black and White is the omission of the Level 100 All feature for Wi-Fi battles. Other than that, I found the games to be very enjoyable.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
I don't care if I restate any things already stated.

-I can't even turn around in the grass without having a Wild Pokemon encounter. Just to get to a shaking bit of grass, bubbling water, or a dust cloud, I need to use a Max repel. I've run out of them 15 times in a stinking day.

-I dont want to watch my Pokemon's graphic back side, heck no O o.
The encounter rate is rather high, but it makes finding a shiny a little easier apparently just because of the sheer magnitude of Pokemon launched at you XD

I don't really mind the pixels. Some of them are worse than others. I do like seeing the back sides, because we can see features never seen on some. For one, I just realized Aggron have a claw on the back of the foot 0o'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295
Aside from just about everything, (though I'm way biased against the new games) I HATE Tornadus. I have been hoping for a really cool pure flying type for a while now. (I would have really liked to see something like a Roc) but in general, just something cool and preferably bird like. And I get a really freaking stupid genie. When I realized his type, I died inside.
I agree - not too happy about Tornadus. I mean, I wanted a Tornado pokemon, but I was thinking, you know, an ACTUAL tornado! We have freakin' possessed lawnmowers and living garbage...Yet you can't make one of the most deadly yet beautiful windstorms on earth a Pokemon? FOR SHAME.

My biggest pet peeve is that they took away the VS Seeker and the PokeRadar. We can't face people we want to anymore, which really puts a dent in how to EV train against high levels.

And now we can't chain to get shinies? Sure, I sucked at it anyway, but still DX
Old 05-06-2011, 04:31 AM
Black Dragonite Offline

Send a message via AIM to Black Dragonite Send a message via MSN to Black Dragonite

I was really disappointed to learn that there is no VS Seeker. That thing was a blessing in DPP and it makes training really hard without it...

Scyther
Hatch: 25
Scizor: 130
Level 100: 310
Closed Thread