Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: ASB Discussion and Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
EARTHQUAKE. I just realized that it makes no freaking sense.

Let's say you have mud in your eyes. Does the mud in your eyes really make a difference who gets hit when you shake the entire freaking floor?

I don't think so.

So.

I think maybe EQ would be different? And if this post belongs in Q + A please tell me. Aeon = tired.
Hmm, I always imagined that Earthquake was like Surf and it was a ripple in a certain direction... :P But that's how Earthquake works in the games and a situation similar to the scenario you presented isn't used in the Anime often enough to make a proper/reasonable deduction. O-O||
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraibre Ryu View Post
So then what about triple battles? Would pay be tripled?

I'm asking because I'm in a triple battle...and ironically enough the first double battle as well on the ASB and we're kinda looking for a ref...
I suppose. :/ But let's not jump the gun just yet; the increased pay idea hasn't even been approved yet! n_____n;;

But, I assume it would work like this:
Sr. Ref--3 Rounds: $40 ($10+$15+$15).
Jr. Ref--3 Rounds: $29 ($5+$12+$12).
Old 06-04-2011, 09:51 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
Hmm, I always imagined that Earthquake was like Surf and it was a ripple in a certain direction... :P But that's how Earthquake works in the games and a situation similar to the scenario you presented isn't used in the Anime often enough to make a proper/reasonable deduction. O-O||
I suppose. :/ But let's not jump the gun just yet; the increased pay idea hasn't even been approved yet! n_____n;;

But, I assume it would work like this:
Sr. Ref--3 Rounds: $40 ($10+$15+$15).
Jr. Ref--3 Rounds: $29 ($5+$12+$12).
agreed on all points!

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 06-20-2011, 04:37 PM
eishiba Offline

I was just wanting some tips on how to manage your energy better. In my last couple of battles I end up losing cause I had plenty of hp if not more than the opponent but run out of energy. I tried a different approach, rather than straight up battling, just light screen and reflect and protect while causing stat problems but I still end up out of energy. Any advice?
Old 06-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
I was just wanting some tips on how to manage your energy better. In my last couple of battles I end up losing cause I had plenty of hp if not more than the opponent but run out of energy. I tried a different approach, rather than straight up battling, just light screen and reflect and protect while causing stat problems but I still end up out of energy. Any advice?
There's an option whereby you can command your Pokemon to 'Chill'. Which actually restores 6 Energy to your Pokemon. Did you try that?

So for example, Let's say that my Pikachu has like 1 Energy left. Then I make a command.

Pikachu use Chill twice!

Chill ~ Chill

Then it would get +12 Energy, making it 13 Energy at the end of the round.

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 06-21-2011, 01:50 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post

Higher evolutionary forms have a higher EXP Level, meaning that they use up less Energy. So... Evolve your Pokemon? :> Or, as Tsuna said, use Chills. There are other ways and strategies to help you conserve Energy, but part of the fun of the ASB is finding a way that works for you. ;) Good luck.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:56 AM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

Just gonna say congrats to Elbub and 3m0, very well deserved promotions.

AIM: Politoed Prince

Old 07-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC View Post
Extreme tru dat, yo.
Wait Elbub is brown now right? lD

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 07-01-2011, 07:13 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC View Post
Agreed, congratulations you two.

Velocity, yes he is.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:16 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

I'm noticing some problems with the ASBL. I don't want to seem rude, but in my personal opinion if some things don't change members will be quitting. I understand that you cannot plan around real life and that not everyone can be as active as others, but some things still need improvement.

First I'd have to say is the backup in the Signature and Tutor Move, sometimes in the Registration, Dragon's Den, and the PE2KASBL Bank threads. We only have five people who can accept and update those threads, and recently I haven't seem them that active. Now, I understand that Paperfairy is having internet problems, but others I'm a little concerned about. One has even disappeared and no one has heard from him. I think we need more active and reliable officials to post in those threads so they aren't that backed up as they are now.

Another problem I see is in the Battle and Safari Zone boards, mainly the Safari Zone. I understand how long it can take for a referee to ref a battle, but I also know that it sometimes doesn't take any time at all. It seems like that the big deal is is that the refs don't want to write the battle scene, so they don't ref battles. Same for the Safari Zone. I see a lot of scenarios typed up and posted, but what about the battle that takes place before the capture? Some of the Safari Zones haven't been updated in weeks, and us active users are getting extremely irritated with the wait. Especially when unlike in a battle, you only ref one move. It's just ridiculous, especially when it states that, "You can stay in the Safari Zone for up to two weeks. This is to ensure that you're in, you have fun, you're out with no hassle.". It's becoming a major hassle when it takes months to finish (when it should only take a max of two weeks) and weeks to get an attack reffed. This makes the Safari Zone no fun at all.

Now, I'm sure other users who are looking to join see these problems, and are turned off by the lack of activity it seems to have. When in reality, the users are active. It is just the officials and mods who aren't posting as much as one would think. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. Like I said before, I know real life can come and bite you in the butt with something you didn't expect or plan to happen, but I really think we need more than three mods and two officials to run this. That goes back to the current mods and officials looking like they aren't active in the ASBL. In a way, or as I once saw it, the officials were on but weren't posting in the ASB when things are backed up, so it appears that they really don't care about certain parts of it that appeal to the users. I'm not saying that you don't because I can only imagine the work put into this to get it back up and running. However, it doesn't seem like that work was worth it at this time with the problems that are still active.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 07-04-2011, 07:22 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
I'm noticing some problems with the ASBL. I don't want to seem rude, but in my personal opinion if some things don't change members will be quitting. I understand that you cannot plan around real life and that not everyone can be as active as others, but some things still need improvement.

First I'd have to say is the backup in the Signature and Tutor Move, sometimes in the Registration, Dragon's Den, and the PE2KASBL Bank threads. We only have five people who can accept and update those threads, and recently I haven't seem them that active. Now, I understand that Paperfairy is having internet problems, but others I'm a little concerned about. One has even disappeared and no one has heard from him. I think we need more active and reliable officials to post in those threads so they aren't that backed up as they are now.

Another problem I see is in the Battle and Safari Zone boards, mainly the Safari Zone. I understand how long it can take for a referee to ref a battle, but I also know that it sometimes doesn't take any time at all. It seems like that the big deal is is that the refs don't want to write the battle scene, so they don't ref battles. Same for the Safari Zone. I see a lot of scenarios typed up and posted, but what about the battle that takes place before the capture? Some of the Safari Zones haven't been updated in weeks, and us active users are getting extremely irritated with the wait. Especially when unlike in a battle, you only ref one move. It's just ridiculous, especially when it states that, "You can stay in the Safari Zone for up to two weeks. This is to ensure that you're in, you have fun, you're out with no hassle.". It's becoming a major hassle when it takes months to finish (when it should only take a max of two weeks) and weeks to get an attack reffed. This makes the Safari Zone no fun at all.

Now, I'm sure other users who are looking to join see these problems, and are turned off by the lack of activity it seems to have. When in reality, the users are active. It is just the officials and mods who aren't posting as much as one would think. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. Like I said before, I know real life can come and bite you in the butt with something you didn't expect or plan to happen, but I really think we need more than three mods and two officials to run this. That goes back to the current mods and officials looking like they aren't active in the ASBL. In a way, or as I once saw it, the officials were on but weren't posting in the ASB when things are backed up, so it appears that they really don't care about certain parts of it that appeal to the users. I'm not saying that you don't because I can only imagine the work put into this to get it back up and running. However, it doesn't seem like that work was worth it at this time with the problems that are still active.
Oh God, this post made me sob. ; ___________ ; It breaks my heart to know that people are starting to dislike something because of things that I'm doing (or in this case, not doing). From the bottom of my heart, I really am sorry.

I can't do anything about the Sig. Move and Dragon Dens' speed, since I try to check that daily (which reminds me, I'll check them once I finish writing this post). Imo, the Bank doesn't need to be updated all too much, since you can just look back to your last post to see what your current balance is, though I try to update it every page or so to prevent too much back-log. As for the Reg. HQ, I feel that it gets updated at a good pace, considering that I'm pretty much the only one Approving things there and that I, too, have a life afk.

I understand what you mean here, and I'll be trying to do many updates there in the next few days, seeing as how I'm planned to have a lot of free-time for the rest of the week. I know I've been saying, or at least thinking, that many times recently, but I mean it this time! I think I'm just a bit ASB'd-out, tbh, and I can't focus on anything, anymore. :/ Also, That rule has pretty much been revoked. xD I'll edit it out l8r~

It's not that we need more Officials (we have more than the URPG and they're much larger than us, though I feel that they're not as organized. But that's a completely different topic. xD), we just need them to be more active, myself included. The Officials have already been talking about the AWOL Moderator and we're currently going over ideas on what to do with the situations. I've be trying to get more stuff up and think up ideas for events and the like to keep up activity. Please, I just ask that you be patient and bear with us during this time and try not to put too much pressure on our shoulders. We're already trying to run a whole sub-forum, and, honestly, the ASB is effecting my irl stress level and depression. :I My doc told me to cut all the stress from my life that I can or I'll end up having to take meds. So trying to follow orders while keeping a little community running is very difficult, especially when they clash and go against each other. So yeah, I'll be trying my hardest to become active ASAP and keep it up. I'm sorry for all the issues and problems and stuff. DD;

And y'all thought I was kidding when I said I was the head of the ASB because I was the most sensitive... :'(
Old 07-04-2011, 08:12 AM
SLC Offline

D'aww, 3m0 ;D

Guys, I'm finishing up my ref quiz, and then if I pass, I'll do the Safari Zone quiz and blitz through that.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Crystal Momoyia, I must say that you have challenged me. I have hiatus'd in the past and I extremely regret it, as it cost me valuable experience and time which I could have spent reffing. I'll try to be more active and ref more battles, but that's the best I can do. We need more referees and we need the ones we have to be more active. Them's the facts.

I also must say that it annoys me that (no names) we have roughly three/four refs, myself included, who are active as refs at all - though the fourth/fifth should be back tomorrow or so, if I remember correctly - and one of them is still wrestling the maths. I am, honestly, fed up with my Safari Zone always being the last to get reffed even though I'm updating others'. Crystal, you're right; however as I said all we can do is our best.

Maybe you could help by becoming a ref, too? No offense, but you can't really understand us refs if you don't know what we do. :/

(And Jen, when you said AWOL mod, I literally pictured the mod riding a Beartic wildly into the sunset with a rifle. XD)

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 07-04-2011, 01:01 PM
SLC Offline

I sent away my test, hoping it gives positive results :3

Sounds like I'm talking about STD's LOL

Old 07-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Beartic Tundra Offline

Send a message via AIM to Beartic Tundra Send a message via MSN to Beartic Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to Beartic Tundra

Actually, Crystal tried the test and failed it this time, and has helped me on more than one occasion to ref battles that did not include herself. She double checks my calculations often, and will occasionally remind me of an ability/field effect I forgot

Shiva

Level 100: 1,128

ASB Stats >>>>>>> Ask me to Ref an ASB Battle for you :D
Old 07-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post

It's not that we need more Officials (we have more than the URPG and they're much larger than us, though I feel that they're not as organized. But that's a completely different topic. xD)
Just posting here to correct that bolded part of yours.

According to the ASB, you have (technically) 2 Officials and 3 Moderators. If you take a look at the URPG on the other hand;

-Moderators-
Dog of Hellsing
Fossil Fusion
Phantom Kat
Pidge
Scourge of Amaranth

-Officials-
Bumblebee
ChainReaction01
DaRkUmBrEoN
iReign
Jack of Clovers
Monbrey
SiberianTiger
Taras Bulba
The Jr Trainer
Trainer17 Tsuna
We Taste Pies...

So yea, URPG has way lot more officials than the ASB.

Of course, we can talk about size variations of how the URPG has more officials because of how big it is, but the same can be said to ASB when you need like 3 Officials to approve a Signature Move/Dragon's Den/Gym.

Also, Crytal's just trying to help by voicing out the problems she sees, along with some possible solutions. Just sayin'. Though, implementing one of her solutions isn't that difficult. New Officials. Can be done. I would suggest two from the top of my head, but I'd rather not mention names here. But final decision is up to the Moderators(whether to pick new ones, or not). We, the members, love the ASB as much as you Officials/Mods do. Heck, Crystal could have totally not bothered about posting it at all, and just quit.

I'll just say this for now, since Crystal has addressed one of the concerns I had, myself.

-Tsuna

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League

Last edited by Trainer17; 07-04-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Closed Thread