Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Yamirami Offline

Default Re: Brink of Insanity - NOT Recruiting! (15/15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter kirby View Post
Anti-weather is the way to go this metagame. A good way to make it is by making a combo of 2 pokemon to beat each weather. For example, slowbro and virizion can almost single handedly beat sand.
Alright. I'll probably use them. (Already have Slowbro from Gen. IV) I'll get to work on it after I'm done with White. Right now I'm training for the Elite Four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novex View Post
Beat the game im going to try and send a ditto over to day and ill be ready to start breeding black pokemon and will hopefully be able to update my thread tomorrow
I can trade you one if you can't find one. I got a spare.

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914
Old 04-20-2011, 09:08 PM
cutter kirby Offline

Default Re: Brink of Insanity - NOT Recruiting! (15/15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latisiblings View Post
I'm back from my school trip. I realized that I'm at 301st of the WiFi ladder. It was a great welcome home.

Hey guys, what do you think of having Azu+Scizor+Deo-S+Breloom to beat sand? I've tried it once, the hax from Scalds and crits really did me in but it did pretty well.
When I came back, I went to 500... Im just going to catch right up.

About your combo for sand, Im just wondering: what deoxys S set are you using? Also, it doesn't seem to be able to break the ferro/jelli/gliscor combo very well unless your deoxys as LO (jelli stops azumrill and scizor cold, brellom gets walled by gliscor, etc. and even then, it can't switch in and dies to residual damage against sand. Also, when gliscor switches in on breloom, threatning acrobat or facade, you have no one to switch in on those attacks repeatedly. Scizor isn't too important in this combo, only threatening ttar and reuniculus. However, the lineup can stop assults from sand pretty well.

I recommend Virizion instead of Breloom because it beats the defensive trio and can also tank assaults from exadrill and Landlos. Azu would shine once ferro and jelli fainted, because those are usually the only water resists in sand, and even if they do switch them in, virizion can take advantage. However, residual damage wears him down. Deoxys S (if you have life orb) can easily sweep when Excadrill and Reuniculus (scizor takes advantage) are dead. Watch out because he gets worn down quickly by sand, sr, lo and weak attacks, so you have to use him carefully. Scizor doesn't really have an important role in this team vs. sand, but you should keep him to check reuniculus (and maybe tyranatar and landlos)

What I just said is not just theory, I have personally tried all of those mentioned pokemon and tried them out against all types of plays and determined their strengths and weaknesses against each.

Why my example of Slowbro and Virizion is a good sand stopper: Slowbro can almost single-handedly deal with sand (with fire blast, of course), regenerating to stay healthy, losing only to Tyranitar and Jellicient, which Virizion owns and also threatens the rest of sand with his ice, grass, and fighting moves. Both of them tanks sand's offensive assaults. The only normal sand mons that beat this combo is Aron (...) and Reuniculus.

I still need your help to make my Pokemon Black Rom work (I have it on the R4, but its only is a white screen when I try to play it)

EDIT: @Yam: I didn't mean just any slowbro, I mean an awesome one with regeneration and fire blast lol
Old 04-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Yamirami Offline

Default Re: Brink of Insanity - Now Recruiting (13/15)

Quote:
EDIT: @Yam: I didn't mean just any slowbro, I mean an awesome one with regeneration and fire blast lol
Dang it... looks like Oblivious won't cut it this time. (Lol) Anyways, I got a Sheer Force Nidoking. I think I'll use that for my lead, what do you think?

Earth Power -> Ninetales
Focus Blast -> Tyranitar
Fire Blast -> Abamosnow
Thunder -> Politoed

Although, I don't have anything for Hippowdon... they're not common in Sandstorm teams are they?

Banner made by Broderick
Old 04-20-2011, 10:59 PM
cutter kirby Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamirami View Post
Dang it... looks like Oblivious won't cut it this time. (Lol) Anyways, I got a Sheer Force Nidoking. I think I'll use that for my lead, what do you think?

Earth Power -> Ninetales
Focus Blast -> Tyranitar
Fire Blast -> Abamosnow
Thunder -> Politoed

Although, I don't have anything for Hippowdon... they're not common in Sandstorm teams are they?
switch focus blast for ice beam. Focus blast has shaky accuracy and earth power hits tyranitar for super effective anyways. It also owns gliscor. Never thought of Nidoking as a lead. Sounds good.

Update: I just laddered from 253th place to 93. Back to top 100. My last battle was against the 9th best player on the server. He was beating me 6-3 but my heatran prediction (dragon pulse vs latias, and sunny day to weaken surf) and +6 gliscor (vs his +2 ice fang gliscor, won the gliscor battle with a facade crit) both did well to turn the tables to make it a 3-0 win for me. (of course, slowbro was still standing strong)
Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Yamirami Offline

Quote:
switch focus blast for ice beam. Focus blast has shaky accuracy and earth power hits tyranitar for super effective anyways. It also owns gliscor. Never thought of Nidoking as a lead. Sounds good.

Update: I just laddered from 253th place to 93. Back to top 100. My last battle was against the 9th best player on the server. He was beating me 6-3 but my heatran prediction (dragon pulse vs latias, and sunny day to weaken surf) and +6 gliscor (vs his +2 ice fang gliscor, won the gliscor battle with a facade crit) both did well to turn the tables to make it a 3-0 win for me. (of course, slowbro was still standing strong)
Forgot about Ice Beam... Thanks. Also, how do you think Escavalier would do with Rain abuse? What should I expect from Rain Dance teams?

Banner made by Broderick
Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Quote:
Forgot about Ice Beam... Thanks. Also, how do you think Escavalier would do with Rain abuse? What should I expect from Rain Dance teams?
Scizors are quite common, as well as Ferrothorn. Since Drizzle+SS is banned, you should expect it to be stall-oriented, or semi-stall.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:55 PM
cutter kirby Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latisiblings View Post
Scizors are quite common, as well as Ferrothorn. Since Drizzle+SS is banned, you should expect it to be stall-oriented, or semi-stall.
Lol, that post was reply 245 and it was posted at 2:45 (my time)

Anyways, rain can be offensive. First of all, drizzle+swift swim isn't banned in the PO beta server so... Also, I faced the number 6 player, and he had a team of Politoad, Rotom W, Tornadus, Thunderus, Ferrothorn and Tentacruel (I got owned, dispite killing his politoad and setting up sunny day). All of these pokes are common in rain. There's also Toxicroak, Jolteon, Azumarill, Dragonite, Jirachi and kingdra (and the scizor that Latisiblings mentioned) thats common in rain.

About Excavalier, I think it will be ok in rain, as his only weakness gets halved, but I think that scizor does most of the things that he does better (except MEGAHORN>) but try it out.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:54 AM
Yamirami Offline

Quote:
Lol, that post was reply 245 and it was posted at 2:45 (my time)

Anyways, rain can be offensive. First of all, drizzle+swift swim isn't banned in the PO beta server so... Also, I faced the number 6 player, and he had a team of Politoad, Rotom W, Tornadus, Thunderus, Ferrothorn and Tentacruel (I got owned, dispite killing his politoad and setting up sunny day). All of these pokes are common in rain. There's also Toxicroak, Jolteon, Azumarill, Dragonite, Jirachi and kingdra (and the scizor that Latisiblings mentioned) thats common in rain.

About Excavalier, I think it will be ok in rain, as his only weakness gets halved, but I think that scizor does most of the things that he does better (except MEGAHORN>) but try it out.
I'll try out both, but I'll start with Escavalier for now. So that's 2 Pokémon done. I'm not quite familiar with Sunny Day Pokémon or teams. Got any suggestions?

EDIT: Since Megahorn has 120 Base Power, should I leave off Swords Dance?

Banner made by Broderick

Last edited by Yamirami; 04-22-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Novex Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Novex

Hey guys got my Black pokemon updated onto my thread pretty excited hope itll bring some life to it also cant wait for school to end only 3 more weeks yay
Made by y2kpikachu12
Old 04-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Yamirami Offline

I was training my Heatmor for the Elite Four and guess what I ran into...

This is my fourth shiny. The nature isn't so good, but I'm glad I got one.

Banner made by Broderick
Old 04-22-2011, 10:17 PM
cutter kirby Offline

Quote:
I'll try out both, but I'll start with Escavalier for now. So that's 2 Pokémon done. I'm not quite familiar with Sunny Day Pokémon or teams. Got any suggestions?

EDIT: Since Megahorn has 120 Base Power, should I leave off Swords Dance?
About sun, its definitely weaker than rain, but its still pretty good. It usually has the fire types (Ninetails, Volcarona, Heatran, Arcanine) and chlorophyll guys (venusaur, Sawsbuck, Shiftry, Victreebell) and some random pokemon to patch it all up.

You decide on excavalier's set. There are good sets with sword dance and without, so its ultimatly your choice. He doesn't have much attacking options though, so it doesn't suffer from 4 move syndrome with SD. I would actually use a substitute set.
Quote:
This is my fourth shiny. The nature isn't so good, but I'm glad I got one.
Congratulations! That is a really good find. I envy you.

EDIT: There are about 1000 people in the PO main server right now, which breaks the record by 300 (because its good friday)

Last edited by cutter kirby; 04-22-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Yamirami Offline

Quote:
About sun, its definitely weaker than rain, but its still pretty good. It usually has the fire types (Ninetails, Volcarona, Heatran, Arcanine) and chlorophyll guys (venusaur, Sawsbuck, Shiftry, Victreebell) and some random pokemon to patch it all up.

You decide on excavalier's set. There are good sets with sword dance and without, so its ultimatly your choice. He doesn't have much attacking options though, so it doesn't suffer from 4 move syndrome with SD. I would actually use a substitute set.

Congratulations! That is a really good find. I envy you.

EDIT: There are about 1000 people in the PO main server right now, which breaks the record by 300 (because its good friday)
Thanks. I think I'll leave Swords Dance for now, and maybe try Substitute later. Anyways, I'm about to go fight the Elite Four. Wish me luck!

EDIT: At Zekrom right now. I'm going to try to catch one with a correct nature by judging its stats. This is gonna be tough...

Banner made by Broderick

Last edited by Yamirami; 04-23-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:03 AM
The Amazing Ninja Kirby Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via MSN to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via Skype™ to The Amazing Ninja Kirby

Ok guys, I have a shiny Aggron in 4th gen I'm thinking about EV training and transferring over to Black for some battling. This is the set I had originally planned for it:

Nature: Hardy
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Life Orb
EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moves:
~ Iron Head
~ Stone Edge
~ Rock Polish
~ Earthquake

So what should be changed to accommodate to 5th gen battling?

<---credit to sealboyno1 for the awesome banner!
Old 04-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Yamirami Offline

Well I'll be getting my laptop charger maybe sometime next week. The replacement they sent me was incorrect, so I they're sending another one. Also, I finished White. I got a Jolly Zekrom with 30-31 IVs in Attack, which is pretty good to me. Certainly took a while though...

What have you guys been up to?

Banner made by Broderick
Old 04-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Mcbuurgerguy94 Offline
Master Trainer

So I'm now on pokemon online, what should I do now?