Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Yamirami Offline

Default Re: Brink of Instanity - You May Now Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latisiblings View Post
Excadrill has base 80 speed along with base 130 attack. And that godly steel type that makes him immune to Toxic and gives him other numerous resistances as well. Sandslash would be pretty deadly in the lower tiers though, with Hippopotas running the sand.

Good news, Yam: Sableye is usable this gen, with its new ability Prankster (Mischievous Hearts in Japanese) giving priority for his Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, Recover, Toxic, and Trick. He can shut down so many physical attackers that it's not even funny. Well yes it is.
But with Flail and Focus Sash it can help Sandslash, but can I breed it with a move and it still has the dream world ability? And about Sableye, I remember reading that a while back. I just thought of all the possibilites... Do you think it'll be OU or UU though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novex View Post
Yea just checked and they havent added them guess ill have to figure out another way to battle
I belive Pokémon Online is the current one being used.

Also, what is up with all these Cresselias in Single Player PBR?!

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914
Old 03-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamirami View Post
But with Flail and Focus Sash it can help Sandslash, but can I breed it with a move and it still has the dream world ability? And about Sableye, I remember reading that a while back. I just thought of all the possibilites... Do you think it'll be OU or UU though?

Also, what is up with all these Cresselias in Single Player PBR?!
IMO, Sandslash has only Flail going for it, which isn't too great since it isn't immune to Spikes, SR, and Toxic Spikes. But it's a good replacement for Excadrill in the lower tiers.

Sableye I think will be an UU, but I think its ability will give him a huge niche over Spiritomb and Rotom. It will fit well on both Stall and Offensive. And since it's unique, it's quite usable in OU.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 03-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Novex Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Novex

Quote:

Yea i have it just havent been having any luck figuring it out
Made by y2kpikachu12
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Yamirami Offline

Quote:
IMO, Sandslash has only Flail going for it, which isn't too great since it isn't immune to Spikes, SR, and Toxic Spikes. But it's a good replacement for Excadrill in the lower tiers.

Sableye I think will be an UU, but I think its ability will give him a huge niche over Spiritomb and Rotom. It will fit well on both Stall and Offensive. And since it's unique, it's quite usable in OU.
Sandslash also has Rapid Spin, but I'm not sure how that'll fit into the equation. Regardless, Sandlash will probably end up being the UU Excadrill. All I know is I'm definitely putting a new Sableye on my team. Just gotta wait for the Dream World to be ready to use already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novex View Post
Yea i have it just havent been having any luck figuring it out
Maybe someone here knows how to use it. I don't use it, so I'm probably as lost as you are.

Banner made by Broderick
Old 03-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Novex Offline

Quote:
Sandslash also has Rapid Spin, but I'm not sure how that'll fit into the equation. Regardless, Sandlash will probably end up being the UU Excadrill. All I know is I'm definitely putting a new Sableye on my team. Just gotta wait for the Dream World to be ready to use already...

Maybe someone here knows how to use it. I don't use it, so I'm probably as lost as you are.
I think i have it figured out mostly trying out some teams right now
Made by y2kpikachu12
Old 03-20-2011, 06:51 PM
cutter kirby Offline

Quote:

Some people at smogon have actually argued that Sandslash is better than excadrill. More power with adamant life orb, slower but enough speed to get by in sand, and neutrality to mach punch also gives it a niche over exadrill.

But I dont think that you can breed dream world abilities, since all dream world pokemon are male (except for female only pokes), although egg moves+dream world abilities are allowed at pokemon online right now.

About Sabalye, most of them are special walls, with 252/252+ in hp/special defence. It uses will-o-wisp to beat physical attackers, like a sweeping Excadrill and Landlos (forgot its english name), and also has recover, taunt, etc. to be annoying. I actually don't like fighting it, because it has no weaknesses. It is a very underated threat with prankster.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Kamon Xx Offline
New Trainer

User Name: Kamon Xx
Friend Code: 5112 2945 4034
In Game Name: Kamon
Reason for Joining?: To beable to play and improve with a regular group of players.
What other skills do you have: Breeding (4th Gen only atm tho)
Experience With Pokemon: I have been playing since Gen 1 and have also been EV training since Gen 3. I've been nervious of having battles in Gen 4+ mainly because
I dont have a group of people to play and improve with like I had 4-5yrs ago. So I'm hoping you will except me into your clan. Thank you.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:23 AM
dj-tiny Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter kirby View Post
Some people at smogon have actually argued that Sandslash is better than excadrill. More power with adamant life orb, slower but enough speed to get by in sand, and neutrality to mach punch also gives it a niche over exadrill.

But I dont think that you can breed dream world abilities, since all dream world pokemon are male (except for female only pokes), although egg moves+dream world abilities are allowed at pokemon online right now.

About Sabalye, most of them are special walls, with 252/252+ in hp/special defence. It uses will-o-wisp to beat physical attackers, like a sweeping Excadrill and Landlos (forgot its english name), and also has recover, taunt, etc. to be annoying. I actually don't like fighting it, because it has no weaknesses. It is a very underated threat with prankster.
they can be passed down by a male but if it different pokemon you need the female pokemon u want

Old 03-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Yamirami Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter kirby View Post

So have you battled any Focus Sash + Flail Sandslash like I had suggested for a strategy yet, or has no one noticed that yet? And about Sableye, would a Mold Breaker Sawk or Pinsir be able to counter it? Like would it be able to ignore Prankster and be able to move first and attack, or would Sableye's ability make itself still go first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamon Xx View Post
User Name: Kamon Xx
Friend Code: 5112 2945 4034
In Game Name: Kamon
Reason for Joining?: To beable to play and improve with a regular group of players.
What other skills do you have: Breeding (4th Gen only atm tho)
Experience With Pokemon: I have been playing since Gen 1 and have also been EV training since Gen 3. I've been nervious of having battles in Gen 4+ mainly because
I dont have a group of people to play and improve with like I had 4-5yrs ago. So I'm hoping you will except me into your clan. Thank you.
Welcome to the clan. Sorry for not replying to your message...

Banner made by Broderick
Old 03-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Kamon Xx Offline
New Trainer

Thanks for accepting me Yamirami. Does anyone know if berries like Chople activate while the berry holder has a sub up?

Quote:
So have you battled any Focus Sash + Flail Sandslash like I had suggested for a strategy yet, or has no one noticed that yet?
I havn't seen any yet but I don't think too many will be ran cause of all the entry hazards and priority moves roaming around.

Quote:
And about Sableye, would a Mold Breaker Sawk or Pinsir be able to counter it? Like would it be able to ignore Prankster and be able to move first and attack, or would Sableye's ability make itself still go first?
I thought Mold Breaker only negated abilities that effect your pokes attack/move although i could be completely wrong.

Last edited by Kamon Xx; 03-21-2011 at 02:49 AM. Reason: forgot to quote about Sableye
Old 03-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Novex Offline

Been working on a team though still needs some work but its getting better. I think i need to do some research on the new items cause i dont know what any of them do that might help my team out some

Hey Kamon welcome to the clan!

Who here uses POkemon Online to battle cause I need someoneto battle with me and give me some pointers
Made by y2kpikachu12
Old 03-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Kamon Xx Offline
New Trainer

I use PO Novex, whenever you wanna battle I'll be on Smogon's server as Kamon.

Last edited by Kamon Xx; 03-21-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: would use The Pokemon Society but it said it was down for me...
Old 03-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Novex Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamon Xx View Post
I use PO Novex, whenever you wanna battle I'll be on Smogon's server as Kamon.
Alright hope your still on and ready for a battle

Great battle it was so close guess luck with that burn was on my side though it could have gone either way
Made by y2kpikachu12

Last edited by Novex; 03-21-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 AM
Latisiblings Offline

I think in this clan Yam, CK, and I are on for PO. And by the way, welcome to the clan Kamon, hope you enjoy your stay here =P

Kamon's two points make a lot of sense, Sash+Flail/Reversal is simply not as effective as it was last gen since Priority is everywhere, like Conkeldurr. MB only affects abilities that grant resistances/immunities to the attacking move, such as EQ on Levitate Bronzong or Fire Blast on Heatproof Bronzong. Prankster isn't affected.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Novex Offline

Quote:
I think in this clan Yam, CK, and I are on for PO. And by the way, welcome to the clan Kamon, hope you enjoy your stay here =P

Kamon's two points make a lot of sense, Sash+Flail/Reversal is simply not as effective as it was last gen since Priority is everywhere, like Conkeldurr. MB only affects abilities that grant resistances/immunities to the attacking move, such as EQ on Levitate Bronzong or Fire Blast on Heatproof Bronzong. Prankster isn't affected.
Cool my team is pretty decent if yall wanna battle me
Made by y2kpikachu12
Closed Thread