Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [THE RESULTS ARE IN!]

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the first DreamCraft Contest on Pokémon Elite 2000!

This unique contest combines the artistic aptitudes of writing and art into one competitive contest with an actual real prize involved for the winner(s). In this contest, authors and artists step up to the plate and enter either completely by themselves, or pair up with someone else to work together to create the most epic story and art entry they can.

And the winner(s) will receive a copy of either Pokémon Black or Pokémon White for the Nintendo DS/DSI!

If you win, all you need to do is provide me with a valid shipping address, and the newest version of Pokémon will be yours. Yeah, I can tell you like the sound of that!

So, ready to put your writing and art skills into overdrive?

HOW IT WORKS

PLANNING AND PREPARATION

In the beginning, signups for the DreamCraft contest will last about a week. This should give you ample time to start planning, obtain a partner if you want one, and, if you think you want to start early, time to do that as well. Since this is a high-stakes contest, planning and giving serious thought about what you plan on doing might be a good idea, but if you’re confident you’re ready to start working, go for it.

STEP ONE: THE NOVEL

The first step of this contest, Step One: The Novel, is to construct the Pokémon fan fiction. You will have a whole month to plan, write, and finish the story, very similar to the NaNoWriMo writing challenge presented every November. Once the month is up and the deadline has been reached, you will not be allowed to post any new additions or make edits to your story (entries will be checked for this. Posts that have been edited past the deadline will be completely disregarded, while all new material in the fan fiction will not be looked at). Length is good, but the real challenge is to make the story as thrilling, as epic, and as awesome as humanly possible with the time you’re given. Yes, one-shots are legal and are within the rules, but think twice before going for something brief. Your competition will be fierce and will try to outdo you the best they can. Don’t let them.

There is no limit to how much you can write either, but the story must start, go on, and finish. Unfinished fan fictions will still be judged, but there is a severe point deduction for unfinished stories and it may cost you the win. Thrill the judges, knock our socks off, and go all out. Hold nothing back.

Rules for Step One: The Novel
  • The story can be as long or as short as you like, but finishing it is a crucial step. Make it as unique and as original as possible.
  • The story also needs to be an entirely new fan fiction, and can't be a preexisting work.
  • The fan fiction can be any genre or combination of genres you please, but still needs to have Pokémon in it.
  • Proper spelling and grammar is very crucial. Your final score will be affected by it.
  • Plagiarism is a serious offense, and will completely void your entry.
  • Whether you're working alone or you’re working with a partner, it doesn’t matter who posts what at what time. Both of you are free to post, make additions, and make revisions to the story whenever you wish within the one month time period, as long as it’s before the deadline.
  • Any level of violence is fine, and swearing is also allowed (but should really only be used for character development). However, extreme sexual content or malicious racism (to real life ethnic races, in-story racism toward fictional races for storyline purposes is fine) is prohibited.

STEP TWO: THE ART

Once the deadline for the fan fiction part has been reached, Step Two, The Art will begin immediately after, and will last for two weeks. This time, a wallpaper sized (must be at least 1280x1024 or larger) piece of graphic and/or drawn art based on the fan fiction will be created. The actual art can be based off a particular event in the story, what the cover art would be, or any other aspect of the story that’s related to the fan fiction that was written in Step One: The Novel. Make the story come to life through this artwork, and capture the mood, color, feeling, and theme of the fan fiction as best as you can. Show the characters in living color, and truly illustrate how awesome and powerful this story is through this image.

Rules for Step Two: The Art
  • The wallpaper image must have the story’s title in it as well. Feature it as if it were a brand logo somewhere on the image, so everyone knows the story that it correlates with, and gives the story its own unique emblem.
  • The image has to be in either PNG, JPEG, or GIF format, and must be at least 1280x1024 or larger in size.
  • Characters featured in the image have to be the original creation of the contestants, and cannot be stock images of Ken Sugimori’s art, official Nintendo images, or any similar pre-created artwork. Using another artist’s artwork off of sites like DeviantArt or Photobucket is also not allowed. Also, using preexisting artwork isn’t allowed either.
  • You’re free to post the artwork and/or make changes at any time before the deadline.
  • Besides that, it’s all up to your imagination. Have fun and good luck!

ENTERING

To enter this contest, all you need to do is fill out the sign up form at the very bottom. As stated, there are two ways to enter:

Alone – If you enter alone, you’re solely responsible for creating the fan fiction and the art wallpaper. If you’re confident that you can handle both writing and art on your own and you like the premise of handling your own ideas, then this option is for you.

Paired – You can also choose to work closely with another person. How you divide the task is up to you. You can handle the writing portion while your partner handles the art, or vice versa, or the both of you can work on both tasks together. As long as both partners work together and both make significant contributions, both of you have the potential of winning a copy of the latest Pokémon game. However, if it is evident that only one of the partners is doing all the work, your team’s score may suffer.

SUBMISSIONS

When you start posting your submission, place the new thread in the Pokémon Fan Fiction Section. Also to clarify, your art wallpaper will also go in the same thread, NOT in the Mixed: Art Contests board.

Also, put [DreamCraft] in the thread's title to highlight it as an entry in the contest.

JUDGING

Once the deadline for Step Two: The Art, has been reached, judging will begin immediately, and each submission will be judged based on the Step One’s work, Step Two’s work, and how well both pieces worked together. Judging is based on a score of 1-100, higher being better. Once each submission has been judged and graded by two judges, the scores are added together, and that total is the final score. The submission with the highest final score is the winner, and the contestant(s) will receive a copy of either Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version, their choice. If you win, all you have to do is provide me a shipping address, and you’ll have a copy of the newest Pokémon game right in your hands. :)

I’ll do my best to ensure judging is completed within a week, but if the amount of submissions is very high, please allow for additional time for judging to be completed. I will definitely be closely monitoring judging, so rest-assured; I’ll be on top of things.

I also welcome anyone to elect to become a judge for this contest, but you will have to give up the privilege to take part in it yourself. If you want to become a judge, let me know through PM. I welcome anyone and everyone and will greatly appreciate the help, but the judging process will need to be detailed, and you’ll have to explain your reasoning out of respect for the contestants. Also, I will be providing my judges with a grading rubric/guideline to use while reviewing the submissions to make it easier and to ensure everyone follows the same judging standards. All you’ll need to do is follow its directions and guidance while reading and reviewing the submissions you’ll be assigned to once everything is in, follow the point allocations and questions, and explain your reasoning. The contestants will eventually be reading how you judged their entry once everything is posted and the winner is declared, so inform them of what was good and what needed improvement, and why you scored it the way you did.

If I accept you to become a judge, please do your best to grade your assigned entries within the judging week. If things seem to get rough, let me know ASAP, I understand if other things conflict with your schedule, but I need every judge to be well coordinated, on task, keep in close communication, and to work together if you have questions or need advice/help from other people. Also, I will be asking how things are going on a regular basis every few days. Please respond to each PM and keep in close communication so I know what’s going on. I want this contest to be the best it can be, so please help me as much as you can.

DEADLINES

Currently, these are the deadlines.

Signup and Registration: March 16th – March 23rd 11:59 PM EST

Step One: The Novel: March 24th 12:00 AM EST – April 24th 11:59 PM EST

Step Two: The Art: April 25th 12:00 AM EST – May 7th 11:59 PM EST

Judging and Winners Announced: May 8th 12:00 AM EST - May 14th (May be earlier or later depending on circumstances)

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 05-09-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Default Re: The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [Sign Ups Open!] [Win a copy of Pokémon Black or Whit

CURRENT TEAMS

TEAM MAHTAVA - Phantom Kat
THE NORTHERN WIND’S GAME

CLOUDEDAMBITIONS - Darkness of Unova
THE BATTLE IS ON! – SHINING STAR ISLAND

TRYHARD - Innocent Bystander
THE GOLDENROD INCIDENT

JORMUNGAND – Necros
THE BONDS THAT NEVER DIE

ELIMINATED TEAMS
(Due to having no story and/or no art wallpaper)

TEAM FURY - Temporal Snake

AMICI DI INSANITY - Doodlebop and Rival Silver

LIGHTSTORM - Shen and Kumori Gem

GEARBOX PRODUCTIONS - TransGirl Leah (+1)

UNCAGED - Winter_Cherry

DRAGONFYRE - Charmander009
STORM CHASER

TEAM MCFREAKING AWESOME - RocketMeowth
THE TRIALS OF SURVIVAL

TEAM GALACTIC - NES2
DARKRAI'S INFERNO

THE KINGBREAKERS - Phantasm.Angel and Simmi
IF I RISE

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 05-09-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Default Re: The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [Sign Ups Open!] [Win a copy of Pokémon Black or Whit

<Reserved for future use>

Old 03-17-2011, 02:40 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Sweet, win a copy of one of the games (that I don't have yet)?! Count me in! :D This is such a neat idea! ^^

Say, if I decide to team up with someone, can I edit them in later? (um if anyone's interested in doing the art-part---I'm not that great of an artist ^^'--VM me!)

Participant: Charmander009

Team Name: Dragonfyre

Last edited by Charmander009; 03-17-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
Sweet, win a copy of one of the games (that I don't have yet)?! Count me in! :D This is such a neat idea! ^^

Say, if I decide to team up with someone, can I edit them in later? (um if anyone's interested in doing the art-part---I'm not that great of an artist ^^'--VM me!)

Participant: Charmander009

Team Name: Dragonfyre
That's no problem, as long as you add them in before it all begins.

Good luck!

Old 03-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

I got a question from the Twitterz!

Do you need to live in the US in order to compete?

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:57 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard Michelle View Post
I got a question from the Twitterz!

Do you need to live in the US in order to compete?
Nope, you do not need to live in the USA.

Amazon.com ships to international addresses, so anywhere is fair game. If you win, you'll get the game from them, its easier than me shipping it over myself, though I'd love to stuff a congratulations note myself in there, but ah, that's alright.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Partcipant(s): Phantom Kat
Team Name: Team Mahtava

Why not at least, try, eh? If anything else, it'll get my creative juices flowing! And if somebody decides to team up, it'll be twice the fun. :P

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 03-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
Partcipant(s): Phantom Kat
Team Name: Team Mahtava

Why not at least, try, eh? If anything else, it'll get my creative juices flowing! And if somebody decides to team up, it'll be twice the fun. :P

- Kat
Yep, you got it. Thanks for joining.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Participant(s): Temporal Snake
Team Name: Team Fury

My mind's been giving me some good inspiration for writing lately... and I'm actually into Pokemon, so why not? This could be my only chance at ever playing Gen. 5 past my sisters birthday when I give her the Black version I'm currently playing. Hopefully my laptop is back in commission for the final part.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
Participant(s): Temporal Snake
Team Name: Team Fury

My mind's been giving me some good inspiration for writing lately... and I'm actually into Pokemon, so why not? This could be my only chance at ever playing Gen. 5 past my sisters birthday when I give her the Black version I'm currently playing. Hopefully my laptop is back in commission for the final part.
You got it, man, welcome to the arena.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:45 AM
Doodlebop Offline

*Waves hand* I have a question!

Does it have to be set in Unova, or can it be just anywhere? I'll probably be signing up, and possibly with a partner.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 03-18-2011, 03:32 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post

Does it have to be set in Unova, or can it be just anywhere? I'll probably be signing up, and possibly with a partner.
It can be anywhere (Unova, PMD world, our world) as long as there are Pokemon.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 03-18-2011, 04:10 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebop View Post

Like Kat said, as long as there are Pokemon, its good to go. Any region, world, Pokemon from any generation, its all fine by me.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Darkness of Unova Offline

Wish I you could get it before the April 28th so you can get Victini.

Participant: Darkness of Unova
Team Name: CloudedAmbitions

Last edited by Darkness of Unova; 03-18-2011 at 08:40 PM.